The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE

Post by Woburn_exile on 24.09.13 23:58

Post has gone ?????????????/
CAKE EAT CAKE
big grin big grin big grin big grin 

Woburn_exile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 25.09.13 1:15

@suzyjohnson wrote:Regarding witnesses, I think they are allowed up to 10 witnesses each. There are four defendants altogether, so that's a maximum of 40 on Amaral's side, but also four McCanns (plus MM) so potentially 40 witnesses on their side also.
I think they had to withdraw Madeleine from the writ as she is a ward of court and the McCanns have delegated their  responsibility as parents to the jurisdiction of the court,

Plus i don't think it's legal for a 'missing person' to file a libel writ.

And HOW could a 'missing' person do that anyway?

Anyway, probably the twins 8 year old 'class room friends' will speak more coherently and with more sense, than their adult counterparts!

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by susible on 25.09.13 2:30

@suzyjohnson wrote:Regarding witnesses, I think they are allowed up to 10 witnesses each. There are four defendants altogether, so that's a maximum of 40 on Amaral's side, but also four McCanns (plus MM) so potentially 40 witnesses on their side also.
That occurred to me also, that perhaps each defendant will be allowed up to 10 each, and when you think about it, the Trickey guy was speaking for the twins (who he only saw twice)  Oike was speaking for Kate and Michael Wright mentioned Gerry a couple of times, though they could all have 100 witnesses each and it wouldn't make a sod of a difference

susible

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by marconi on 25.09.13 3:12

how long is this whole saga still going to take? it is taking ages. it seems that the PJ had already the rogatory letter on August the 23rd. I can not believe that all of the 38 persons of interest are living in Portugal.
And that they are all being investigated by the same police inspectors. I can't think of it.

marconi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 25.09.13 8:33

@marconi wrote:how long is this whole saga still going to take? it is taking ages. it seems that the PJ had already the rogatory letter on August the 23rd. I can not believe that all of the 38 persons of interest are living in Portugal.
And that they are all being investigated by the same police inspectors. I can't think of it.
Maybe the 38 persons of interest, or at least some of them, are in court.

The witnesses are leaking huge amounts of information under oath that may have stayed hidden under normal police questioning and I expect that Kate was (and will be if she deigns to make a reappearance) carefully watched. Her general demeanor, who she made eye contact with, every grimace and, of course, the outburst of laughter outside the courtroom will all have been carefully noted.

In my opinion, even if the police have completed their investigation, they would wait until the court case concludes primarily to see what else comes crawling out of the woodwork but also as a professional courtesy to Mr Amaral to allow him to clear his name.

Back to top Go down

Post by marconi on 25.09.13 8:55

Please call on Youtube

Gerry Mcann and Kate MCann- November 2010-guardian

Gerry does not look much at the intervier. His eyes are like the eyes of a blind man.
the video starts they telliing that the siblings are great
6 minutes later Kate tells they(couple) are getting stronger, they adapt to the situation

watch Gerry McCann and Kate McCann November 2010 BBC
I think they are telling about the twins too.

This was said 2 and half years after Amaral's book.

marconi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by marconi on 25.09.13 8:58

Poe wrote:
@marconi wrote:how long is this whole saga still going to take? it is taking ages. it seems that the PJ had already the rogatory letter on August the 23rd. I can not believe that all of the 38 persons of interest are living in Portugal.

The witnesses are leaking huge amounts of information under oath that may have stayed hidden under normal police questioning and I expect that Kate was (and will be if she deigns to make a reappearance) carefully watched. Her general demeanor, who she made eye contact with, every grimace and, of course, the outburst of laughter outside the courtroom will all have been carefully noted.

In my opinion, even if the police have completed their investigation, they would wait until the court case concludes primarily to see what else comes crawling out of the woodwork but also as a professional courtesy to Mr Amaral to allow him to clear his name.
my opinion! I think that at least Wright is a person of interest.

marconi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Patti on 25.09.13 9:04

Poe wrote:

In my opinion, even if the police have completed their investigation, they would wait until the court case concludes primarily to see what else comes crawling out of the woodwork but also as a professional courtesy to Mr Amaral to allow him to clear his name.
I do hope you are right about that Poe because I find it so hard to stomach that our British police force would allow the kind of treatment dished out from our British media, government and suspects to a fellow policeman who was actually helping the British police with this horrendous crime.

Patti

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Woburn_exile on 25.09.13 9:23

@Patti wrote:

Poe wrote:

In my opinion, even if the police have completed their investigation, they would wait until the court case concludes primarily to see what else comes crawling out of the woodwork but also as a professional courtesy to Mr Amaral to allow him to clear his name.
I do hope you are right about that Poe because I find it so hard to stomach that our British police force would allow the kind of treatment dished out from our British media, government and suspects to a fellow policeman who was actually helping the British police with this horrendous crime.
Unfortunately our police force is politically driven. One of the reasons why we may never get to the truth of this case.

Woburn_exile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll on 25.09.13 9:44

Can't think where else to post this, but considering Dr Martin Roberts has written a piece titled The Wright Stuffed, a play on words relating to a tv discussion programme where very recently Matthew Wright was very forthright in his comments on the couple, just want to say that on today's programme Matthew Wright has commented again, albeit very briefly.
  The panel were watching a clip from the Labour Party conference and the clip showed Ed Milliband criticising David Cameron

EM : " When it was Murdoch versus the McCanns , David Cameron went with Murdoch" or words to that effect.

As a short clip about the relationship between DC and the press, the above was of course not in context.

Matthew Wright was not too impressed by that part of EM's speech, saying  " It could have done without the McCanns "

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Seek truth on 25.09.13 10:11

@marconi wrote:Please call on Youtube

Gerry Mcann and Kate MCann- November 2010-guardian

Gerry does not look much at the intervier. His eyes are like the eyes of a blind man.
the video starts they telliing that the siblings are great
6 minutes later Kate tells they(couple) are getting stronger, they adapt to the situation

watch Gerry McCann and Kate McCann November 2010 BBC
I think they are telling about the twins too.

This was said 2 and half years after Amaral's book.
Conclusion: in this video, note how Gerry mentions the case should be solved.
Note how they mention, that they don't know what's in the rest of the files.
 Yes, how about "oh my madeleine!! Pls find her , there could be something in the rest of the files (which we don't have) that could help us in the SEARCH for madeleine.

There's nothing in their videos that help the public to search. What is the point of these videos? How unhelpful!

It's never about her, it's about solving the case, wanting to know what lies in those files.

Seek truth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Monty Heck on 25.09.13 10:13

@marconi wrote:I wonder why Amaral asked for a hearing behind close doors. Certainly not because of the McCanns' witnesses, also because he did not and does not know what they were and are planning to say.

I believe it has to do with his witnesses and imo they could be bringing new evidence that supports Amaral's book.

Let us hope,let us hope.

He does not want to shock the siblings (who does?).

In my opinion, Mrs. Susan Healy could chose for the truth, to free her daughter and son-in-law of their suffering
They are lost anyway, the truth will help them to feel less tension.
And it will be better for the siblings.
How will they ever trust their families on both sides if each of them is lying?

And the truth is about to be known??

Agree, there may well be very damaging evidence to come which, thanks to the McC's "winning" the argument re publicising the case will be published.  Rather than protecting their children from potential harm they claim arises soley from GA's book and nowhere else (how can they make these claims straight faced when they are fully aware of the official material in the public domain, availalble for all to view) these parents have ensured their children's exposure to what they are seeking to hide.  How will they divert their attention from the newspapers they will see, or stories they may see on the news, or read in the book written by their own mother?  When this risk is weighed against a slim chance that they may come across GA's book on the internet at some future point this makes no sense whatever. 

It can only be hoped that SH or some family member will care enough about the McCs and their children to finally make them see their own folly, first of all in fleeing Portugal and forcing the abandonment of the official investigation, their only hope.  All of this would have been over long ago and supporting them in these kinds of actions is not showing kindness or solidarity but is in fact cruelty of the worst kind.  It is the emperor's new clothes and someone who cares about them needs to make them realise this and bring it to an end, for the sake of their children's future if nothing else.  Even people like Susan Hubbard, the wife of a priest, encourages her friend in this folly, feeding her anger and desire for vengeance by giving her unquestioning assistance time and time again.  That is not Christian.  SH should counsel her friend to confess for the sake of her and her family's emotional welfare, or if truly innocent, to seek peace and normality for them all.  Is there nobody in that extended family, or a true friend who is capable of ending this war of attrition by making the McCs see the light, that they are the authors of their own destruction and have done more harm to their own family than the media, or the internet, or any book ever could.

Monty Heck

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 25.09.13 10:32

@Monty Heck wrote:
@marconi wrote:I wonder why Amaral asked for a hearing behind close doors. Certainly not because of the McCanns' witnesses, also because he did not and does not know what they were and are planning to say.

I believe it has to do with his witnesses and imo they could be bringing new evidence that supports Amaral's book.

Let us hope,let us hope.

In my opinion, Mrs. Susan Healy could chose for the truth, to free her daughter and son-in-law of their suffering

Agree, there may well be very damaging evidence to come which, thanks to the McC's "winning" the argument re publicising the case will be published.  Rather than protecting their children from potential harm they claim arises soley from GA's book and nowhere else (how can they make these claims straight faced when they are fully aware of the official material in the public domain, availalble for all to view) these parents have ensured their children's exposure to what they are seeking to hide.  How will they divert their attention from the newspapers they will see, or stories they may see on the news, or read in the book written by their own mother?  When this risk is weighed against a slim chance that they may come across GA's book on the internet at some future point this makes no sense whatever. 

It can only be hoped that SH or some family member will care enough about the McCs and their children to finally make them see their own folly, first of all in fleeing Portugal and forcing the abandonment of the official investigation, their only hope.  All of this would have been over long ago and supporting them in these kinds of actions is not showing kindness or solidarity but is in fact cruelty of the worst kind.  It is the emperor's new clothes and someone who cares about them needs to make them realise this and bring it to an end, for the sake of their children's future if nothing else.  Even people like Susan Hubbard, the wife of a priest, encourages her friend in this folly, feeding her anger and desire for vengeance by giving her unquestioning assistance time and time again.  That is not Christian.  SH should counsel her friend to confess for the sake of her and her family's emotional welfare, or if truly innocent, to seek peace and normality for them all.  Is there nobody in that extended family, or a true friend who is capable of ending this war of attrition by making the McCs see the light, that they are the authors of their own destruction and have done more harm to their own family than the media, or the internet, or any book ever could.
clapping clapping clapping 

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 25.09.13 11:02

@jeanmonroe wrote:"Where does that leave them, more and more people will be openly saying what is on their minds and there are quite a few bloggers who are openly goading them to sue, but they have not and imo will not."

I confess!

In earlier 'incarnations' of myself I asked them, mercilessly, to SUE me over ANYTHING i had said or posted about them!

I even BEGGED them to SUE me!

From their own website to any forum i could get into.

They didn't and wouldn't.

I DON'T HAVE AND NEVER DID HAVE ANY MONEY!

Being cynical, that's probably WHY they didn't sue me!

As you all can see, now, i have 'calmed' down (bulk bought Calpol) a lot since i heard the firsts untruths out of their mouths on Day 1 that Madeleine went 'missing'.

And i will let the Law draw it's own conclusions.

Unless, of course..............................

Let us not forget that if anybody is sued again, any witnesses on their behalf would have to swear on oath that they had never registered as a member on any forum and written threatening/abusive posts or posts designed to get any forums investigated and closed down.

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 25.09.13 11:16

plebgate

"Let us not forget that if anybody is sued again, any witnesses on their behalf would have to swear on oath that they had never registered as a member on any forum and written threatening/abusive posts or posts designed to get any forums investigated and closed down."

Well if Mr Wrong has 'screenshots' saved for NYP then the nasty posters names will be on them, won't they?

If we ever get to know those nasty peoples name, and i believe that Mr Wrong has had to produce hard copies, for the court, for all to see, then it shouldn't take ex 3A's admin to long to confirm if those particular 'members' had been on there a long or short time.
If for example the 'threats' were made by a 'newbies' who only posted 1,2,3 times, and who then 'disappeared' it could well be Mr Wrong and his 'pranksters' screenshotting the 'posts' for future use in ,say, a libel case.

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell on 25.09.13 11:25

@Monty Heck wrote:

Let us hope,let us hope.

Very well said Monty. :)

Cristobell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob on 25.09.13 11:28

@Monty Heck wrote:

Let us hope,let us hope.

I couldn't have written it any better. Well said Monty Heck clapping 

How is Michael Wright helping the twins by revealing in open court that Amelie encountered some unhelpful links when she allegedly googled her name?

PS: I don't believe Amelie googled her name. I think it's more likely that in looking for ammunition to strengthen their case, the McCanns and/or their media monitors googled the twins' names to see what links will come up.

Shame on you Micheal Wright. Shame on you Kate and Gerry.

ShuBob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 25.09.13 12:09

@ShuBob wrote:
PS: I don't believe Amelie googled her name. I think it's more likely that in looking for ammunition to strengthen their case, the McCanns and/or their media monitors googled the twins' names to see what links will come up.

@ShuBob wrote:
PS: I don't believe Amelie googled her name. I think it's more likely that in looking for ammunition to strengthen their case, the McCanns and/or their media monitors googled the twins' names to see what links will come up.

If you have eight year olds, you put parental controls on all computers that they can access.

As well as blocking the usual "nasties" you can also block key words e.g. Amelie, Sean, McCann, Madeleine etc. etc. You then sit beside them while they surf the net just in case.

If it's true that Amelie is allowed unfettered and unsupervised access to the internet, it shows that the McCanns parenting skills haven't improved one iota.

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 25.09.13 12:55

Does anyone know if TV1 or GA can re-call any of the McCann 'witnesses' for cross examination?

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Monty Heck on 25.09.13 13:33

Poe wrote:
@ShuBob wrote:

@ShuBob wrote:
PS: I don't believe Amelie googled her name. I think it's more likely that in looking for ammunition to strengthen their case, the McCanns and/or their media monitors googled the twins' names to see what links will come up.

If you have eight year olds, you put parental controls on all computers that they can access.

As well as blocking the usual "nasties" you can also block key words e.g. Amelie, Sean, McCann, Madeleine etc. etc. You then sit beside them while they surf the net just in case.

If it's true that Amelie is allowed unfettered and unsupervised access to the internet, it shows that the McCanns parenting skills haven't improved one iota.
Have just done a google search on Amelie McCann.  The first item of 185 results which come up is a Telegraph article from 4 days ago headlined "Gerry McCann contcted police after abduction threat to twins" and carrying a thumbnail of G McCann beside the intro.  She would know immediately this is about her and her family, without even opening the link.  So the first thing this child sees, if googling, is an article concerning a physical threat which would indeed cause any child fear and alarm but is only available for her to read online because her parents chose to make public their ridiculous court action.  Having only glanced at the first 3 pages of the search results there is no mention of GA nor any link to his book, although there are articles there in abundance which would cause anguish and upset to the McCs children, the majority of which are there as a result of media coverage of the present case or because they have been press released by the parents' PR. 

It is thoroughly despicable to place witnesses on the stand in Lisbon claiming that a book available only on the internet and would need to be deliberately sought out may in the future cause these children harm when a wealth of horrors for which their own parents are directly responsible can be found within one click of the mouse.  The McCs, despite their protests about merely seeking justice, seem hell bent on a vendetta to destroy GA in every way, including financially.  They know what is there on the internet and are aware of the part they have played in getting it there yet focus on a microcosm in comparison to the material on the web, in expectation that they will make 1.2m Euro from that.  So they have a motive for that, it enriches them, but what of the other sychophants who have taken the stand on their behalf?  MW knows absolutely there is a bigger threat to the McC children's well being tjhere than anything GA has written yet states on oath this book may at some point in the future cause them more harm.  There is a high likelihood that irreparable damage will already have been done to these children from material they will find on the internet, long before they would ever come across GA's book, if they ever did.  These children will surely one day find all this out and wonder why their parents, their uncles, their aunts, their grandparents, their parents' friends and associates all lied about these matters, creating yet more publicity and an unwelcome focus on them. 

In taking this action, the McCs have committed an atrocity on their own family, more cruel and wounding than anything a stranger in a foreign country could do by publishing his findings, by dragging their friends and relations onto a witness stand they will not enter themselves as part of what can only be termed a deceit.  Are none of them able to work this out for themselves or are they afraid they will be cut off if they fail to give the support asked?  I can only say that if any of my children asked me to participate in a venture like this purportedly to protect their children, they would be told in no uncertain terms that the ensuing damage to themselves and their children would not be worth 100x the damages they are seeking, but unfortunately there seems to be no-one in their circle with the sense or conviction or wisdom to so.

Monty Heck

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 25.09.13 13:41

Could/can I report a certain Mr Wrong, self confessed, to anyone for possibly 'screenshotting' my personal posts?

And could that be a possible case of 'internet/cyber stalking'?

I certainly don't want Mr Wrong 'screenshotting and cyber stalking' me!

I've already got one ar*ehole, so i don't need another! Bald or not!

And as he has admitted that he spends time 'screenshotting' posts from different 'forums' what other things could he possibly have been 'screenshotting and saving'?

To report or not to report, Mr Wrong, that is the question.

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by marconi on 25.09.13 14:17

How can the McCanns survive such a terrible pressure. It is hell.

marconi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny on 25.09.13 14:22

@marconi wrote:How can the McCanns survive such a terrible pressure. It is hell.
£££££$$$$$£££$,they have a lot to lose

tiny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 25.09.13 14:59

@tiny wrote:
@marconi wrote:How can the McCanns survive such a terrible pressure. It is hell.
That's what my very old and very wise Maman said years ago on the subject of "follow the money": "We shouldn't just be looking for who's to gain, but definitely also for who has to LOSE A LOT."

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny on 25.09.13 15:01

Châtelaine wrote:
@tiny wrote:
That's what my very old and very wise Maman said years ago on the subject of "follow the money": "We shouldn't just be looking for who's to gain, but definitely also for who has to LOSE A LOT."
And a very wise mother you have:roses:

tiny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum