The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE

Post by jeanmonroe on 17.09.13 10:42

VC - What is the difference between the crime files and the book?

Me, myself and I:
You could buy a lot of copies of GA's book The Truth of the Lie for £100,000 (the supposed 'cost' of translating the crime files)

jeanmonroe

Posts : 5133
Reputation : 886
Join date : 2013-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE

Post by Woofer on 17.09.13 11:16

Martin Brunt now reporting from the Mark Duggan Inquest (from yesterday) which is thought to last for 2 months.

Woofer

Posts : 3390
Reputation : 12
Join date : 2012-02-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE

Post by russiandoll on 17.09.13 11:27

I am going to re-read the entire transcript because I am interested to find at what point in the questioning of EL the judge decided to ask a few questions of her own.
  I find the following exchange very interesting :



The judge (Maria Emília de Melo e Castro) is now asking

MC - How did the book hamper the investigation?
EL - says that if everybody thought Madeleine had died then nobody would look for her  [1]. If people thought the parents were involved, they wouldn’t help.

MC - But when the book was published the McCanns were no longer arguidos.
EL - says the public, according to the US, is very important to find missing children.  [2]

MC - If some people suspect, from where is their conviction formed?
EL - says it is mainly through the internet. GA's book is the first thing that appears on internet. The
people don't know these allegations aren't true according to the criminal investigation.

MC - People don't know?
EL - hesitates, she says the majority don't.  [3]

MC - Are the McCanns ashamed of what is said in the book?
EL - answers yes.

MC - Why?
EL - says the public believes they had covered up and then asked for money to search for Madeleine.

MC - The fact they are innocent didn't suppress this feeling?  [4]
EL - says the fact they are innocent necessitates they must find Madeleine. They were more ashamed to be arguidos than because of what the book says.


1.  The judge has asked about what this trial is about : the book. E uses " If" to start her answer, implying doubt, but then uses extremes, "everybody" and "nobody" to contrast the reactions to the book.
 Considering its limited availability, EL must refer to internet access, because compared to the majority of people who have access to Kate's book, GA comes a definite second in readership. It is threrefore improbable that EVERYBODY would find GA's book so credible that NOBODY would search for Maddie.
 This is about beliefs surely? Not many of the general public have participated in searching, the public's help has been financial to assist with this searching.
 Therefore EL is alluding to a drying up of donations.
 Fair enough, but is that reflected in the fund records? Easily accessible.
 How though to assess if any drying up of donations is due to the public having lost faith in the couple due to having read and accepted GA'a theory?
 How to establish it has not happened as would be expected, time having meant dust settling on the case and people losing interest?
 Since the SY review began, many might have seen no need to fund PIs, especially since the couple said that private investigsations were no longer ongoing during the SY work.

2. Crucial point. The couple in the eyes of the law were innocent at the time of the book publication. The answer from EL ignored this, instead she quotes an American study about the importance of the public in finding children. Again, feet are not on the ground, they can only hand in info or donate to the Maddie fund in this case. So public sympathy had to be maintained is the implication.

3. People don't know that the Amaral book's allegations are true according to the criminal investigation.
 No wonder the judge sounds incredulous. As EL has had to point to the internet as the main access for the book, she should know that anyone that interested in the case will go to at least some of the files which form its contents. And it is those files which will confirm the lifting of the arguido status and show the readers that in the eyes of the law at the time they are reading, there are no indications of any criminal act by the couple. It is a nonsense to say therefore that the majority do not know, how would EL be able to establish this as a fact? Has she done a poll of internet readers?

4. The question of shame. Why indeed should a couple who are not currently arguidos and who according to the investigation have not been found to have committed any criminal act, feel shame?  Embarassed perhaps at what was claimed. angry for sure, but ashamed?
EL reply. .that the book caused less shame than being made arguidos is reasonable. However still a strange word to use and the one she has to use because the judge brought it up.
 EL now gives Amaral's  book a lack of impact on the couple. But it was based on the investigation which made them arguidos and which was all over the media at the time !
Her final words, their innocence makes a continued search necessary. Confused translation imo. I think she is saying that it is necessary for them to be[ considered by the public] innocent for the search to be possible.

____________________



             The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy


russiandoll

Posts : 3942
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2011-09-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE

Post by Guest on 17.09.13 11:35

@Woburn_exile wrote:1. What if Mrs Hubbard, Dave Edgar & Emma Loach were employed by the government/secret services to "manage" the McCanns? Kate needed someone to stop her unravelling, a detective was needed to search for Madeleine without actually looking and the documentary was needed to manage their reputations. If the McCanns win, it would be a disaster for Anglo-Portuguese relations as the UK press would go back to their sardine-munching xenophobia so these three are sent in as witnesses to subtly undermine the case while appearing to support it.

The government would employ someone like CM to handle the McCann management. Think about it, if they had not pursued this libel action then the McCann affair would be dead in the water. They have heaped this on themselves and deserve to be ridiculed at their own expense, not that of the taxpayer.
Kate needs someone to support her. It can't be CM because the two of them traveling to Portugal together without Gerry  would look inappropriate. Kate needs a female companion.

CM has distanced himself from the McCanns possibly to minimise damage to his reputation (stop sniggering at the back there) and career when the whole thing implodes.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE

Post by Woburn_exile on 17.09.13 11:37

MC - The fact they are innocent didn't suppress this feeling?  [4]
EL - says the fact they are innocent necessitates they must find Madeleine. They were more ashamed to be arguidos than because of what the book says.


This statement has to be seen as nonsense. In every police force in the civilised world the person or persons who last saw a missing or dead person alive is automatically the first suspect. They cannot deny that they did not know this. I hope the judge reports this in summing up. When is the world of the media going to report on all of these lies.

Woburn_exile

Posts : 239
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-05-30
Location : UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE

Post by PeterMac on 17.09.13 11:51

@Woburn_exile wrote:MC - The fact they are innocent didn't suppress this feeling?  [4]
EL - says the fact they are innocent necessitates they must find Madeleine. They were more ashamed to be arguidos than because of what the book says.


This statement has to be seen as nonsense. In every police force in the civilised world the person or persons who last saw a missing or dead person alive is automatically the first suspect. They cannot deny that they did not know this. I hope the judge reports this in summing up. When is the world of the media going to report on all of these lies.
Cue Oldfield who very quickly made clear he was not going to be left in that position ! He dumped it back on Gerry.

____________________


PeterMac
Researcher

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 143
Join date : 2010-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE

Post by Angelique on 17.09.13 12:04

@Woburn_exile wrote:MC - The fact they are innocent didn't suppress this feeling?  [4]
EL - says the fact they are innocent necessitates they must find Madeleine. They were more ashamed to be arguidos than because of what the book says.


This statement has to be seen as nonsense. In every police force in the civilised world the person or persons who last saw a missing or dead person alive is automatically the first suspect. They cannot deny that they did not know this. I hope the judge reports this in summing up. When is the world of the media going to report on all of these lies.
"EL- says the fact they are innocent necessitates they must find Madeleine" can also be:

To prove they are innocent the search for Madeleine must continue.

____________________
Things aren't always what they seem

Angelique

Posts : 1396
Reputation : 35
Join date : 2010-10-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE

Post by jozi on 17.09.13 12:04

@PeterMac wrote:
@Woburn_exile wrote:MC - The fact they are innocent didn't suppress this feeling?  [4]
EL - says the fact they are innocent necessitates they must find Madeleine. They were more ashamed to be arguidos than because of what the book says.


This statement has to be seen as nonsense. In every police force in the civilised world the person or persons who last saw a missing or dead person alive is automatically the first suspect. They cannot deny that they did not know this. I hope the judge reports this in summing up. When is the world of the media going to report on all of these lies.
Cue Oldfield who very quickly made clear he was not going to be left in that position !  He dumped it back on Gerry.
No wonder the Judge decided to adjourn this trial abruptly bet her head was spinning ? What utter nonsense this is turning out to be ......laughable !

Are any of the Daily Rags reporting on this trial, if not why not ???

jozi

Posts : 710
Reputation : 15
Join date : 2012-05-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE

Post by gbwales on 17.09.13 12:25

c) Santos Oliveira (GA lawyer) questions 
SO observes that DT's job is with the parents and that he hasn't seen the twins for a long time.


Isn't this just bizarre? He's a (their) child psychologist, supposed to be making informed and professional statements about the impact on the children isn't he? If not, then why on earth is he there? If he has no professional first-hand observation on the impact of the book on the children then he's worthless.




DT "If they find that the book damaged the search for Madeleine, they'll be angry or depressed."

Surely the whole point of this charade is that they have come to Lisbon stating that the book HAS damaged the search?

Incredible.

____________________
"You can't stop the signal, Mal. Everything goes somewhere and I go everywhere."

Mr Universe to Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)

gbwales

Posts : 297
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-08-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE

Post by sallypelt on 17.09.13 12:28

A few hours ago I was reading a post, but I can't remember what thread it was on. Someone, in passing, mentioned "ADHD drugs". It caught my attention, and stimulated me into doing a little research into ADHD drugs. My findings were "interesting" to say the least.

I will paste some of the information here:


 Another factor to consider, is the side effects that can occur when taking stimulant medications like Adderall and Ritalin, such as loss of appetite, weight loss, mood swings and sleep disturbance. In some cases, doctors will introduce other medications in order to counteract side effects. For example, many children taking stimulant medications have a hard time sleeping at night, because after all, a stimulant medication does exactly what it says it will do, it stimulates the nervous system; And so the vicious cycle o1. Severely limit or eliminate fructose from your child’s diet as sugar/fructose has been linked to mental health problems such as depression and schizophrenia.

2. Avoid giving your child any processed foods, especially those containing artificial colors, flavors, and preservatives.
3. Replace soft drinks, fruit juices, and pasteurized milk with pure water.
4. Make sure your child is getting large regular doses of healthy bacteria, either with high-quality fermented organic foods and/or high quality probiotic supplements.
5. Give your child plenty of high-quality, animal-based omega-3 fats like krill oil.
6. Include as many whole organic foods as possible in your child's diet, both to reduce chemical exposure and increase nutrient content of each meal.

9. Make sure that your child gets plenty of exercise and outdoor playtime.

In addition, as Dr. Mercola mentioned, making sure that your child is getting plenty of exercise. This cannot be stressed enough when it comes to children, especially children that present with ADHD-like symptoms.

sallypelt

Posts : 3303
Reputation : 522
Join date : 2012-11-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE

Post by aiyoyo on 17.09.13 12:38

@PeterMac wrote:
@plebgate wrote:Somebody posted earlier that they would be surprised if any further witnesses would appear in person.   I would be also, as surely their lawyer would not want any more witnesses talking nonsense like that.
I sometimes wonder if ID realises that the witnesses are talking nonsense, and have virtually destroyed their case even before GA's lawyers have started, with their unique combination of spectacular irrelevance - speaking about things BEFORE the publication of the book - their frank admissions that they either knew nothing, or had only spoken to the twins once, 5 years ago - and their cutting, or hacking into the McCanns' case for continuing to plead for further funds on the grounds that no police force was doing anything, when in fact that was simply not true.
Add to that the risible and very simple untruth about the book being on sale in a bookshop in England from a person who made a documentary in which she deliberately altered several material facts ( details from the Smith sighting in particular) to make it look better - and the simple fact that the film WILL be traumatic for the children as they begin to realise how they had been abandoned in an unlocked apartment out of sight of the parents for several nights in a row - - -
And one begins to wonder about ID's strategy. Or professional competence.  Or sanity.

Why on earth did the McCanns employ her ?
Why when she has lost all their previous cases do they continue to employ her ?

Or is she the only one who would do it ? In the sense that one of the roles of a Solicitor is to negotiate, mediate and reach accord, rather than blunder into a court room.  
Did they approach other lawyers, only to be told that they had no case ?
EXACTLY!

If it's future projection ("SO – Are your preoccupations projections? DT says yes") that the book will traumatise the twins, more so the mockumentary showing their parents left them alone in the dark while they went and got pissed will also traumatise them.
Learning that their parents deliberately exposed them to danger (leaving the patio door unlocked) resulting in the lost of their sis will be worst than any third party book.

Team Amaral should query the psychologist on what impact Kate's bewk will have on the twins.
After all kate's bewk is full of episodes of a uncaring mother who cursed the Police when brought back to identify sighting, refused to answer simple questions, refused to return for reconstitution. sleeping when they should be searching and more.

aiyoyo

Posts : 9611
Reputation : 318
Join date : 2009-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE

Post by Woburn_exile on 17.09.13 12:41

@sallypelt wrote:A few hours ago I was reading a post, but I can't remember what thread it was on. Someone, in passing, mentioned "ADHD drugs". It caught my attention, and stimulated me into doing a little research into ADHD drugs. My findings were "interesting" to say the least.

I will paste some of the information here:


 Another factor to consider, is the side effects that can occur when taking stimulant medications like Adderall and Ritalin, such as loss of appetite, weight loss, mood swings and sleep disturbance. In some cases, doctors will introduce other medications in order to counteract side effects. For example, many children taking stimulant medications have a hard time sleeping at night, because after all, a stimulant medication does exactly what it says it will do, it stimulates the nervous system; And so the vicious cycle o1. Severely limit or eliminate fructose from your child’s diet as sugar/fructose has been linked to mental health problems such as depression and schizophrenia.

2. Avoid giving your child any processed foods, especially those containing artificial colors, flavors, and preservatives.
3. Replace soft drinks, fruit juices, and pasteurized milk with pure water.
4. Make sure your child is getting large regular doses of healthy bacteria, either with high-quality fermented organic foods and/or high quality probiotic supplements.
5. Give your child plenty of high-quality, animal-based omega-3 fats like krill oil.
6. Include as many whole organic foods as possible in your child's diet, both to reduce chemical exposure and increase nutrient content of each meal.

9. Make sure that your child gets plenty of exercise and outdoor playtime.

In addition, as Dr. Mercola mentioned, making sure that your child is getting plenty of exercise. This cannot be stressed enough when it comes to children, especially children that present with ADHD-like symptoms.
Hi Sally.
It was me that posted about this, I think the post was pulled because it was a wee bit close to the troof. Doctors have in the past drugged their children, period.



Mummy , I've read your book about Madeleine , do you think she is with a nice family somewhere?

Woburn_exile

Posts : 239
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-05-30
Location : UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE

Post by Newintown on 17.09.13 12:46

@aiyoyo wrote:
@PeterMac wrote:
@plebgate wrote:Somebody posted earlier that they would be surprised if any further witnesses would appear in person.   I would be also, as surely their lawyer would not want any more witnesses talking nonsense like that.
I sometimes wonder if ID realises that the witnesses are talking nonsense, and have virtually destroyed their case even before GA's lawyers have started, with their unique combination of spectacular irrelevance - speaking about things BEFORE the publication of the book - their frank admissions that they either knew nothing, or had only spoken to the twins once, 5 years ago - and their cutting, or hacking into the McCanns' case for continuing to plead for further funds on the grounds that no police force was doing anything, when in fact that was simply not true.
Add to that the risible and very simple untruth about the book being on sale in a bookshop in England from a person who made a documentary in which she deliberately altered several material facts ( details from the Smith sighting in particular) to make it look better - and the simple fact that the film WILL be traumatic for the children as they begin to realise how they had been abandoned in an unlocked apartment out of sight of the parents for several nights in a row - - -
And one begins to wonder about ID's strategy. Or professional competence.  Or sanity.

Why on earth did the McCanns employ her ?
Why when she has lost all their previous cases do they continue to employ her ?

Or is she the only one who would do it ? In the sense that one of the roles of a Solicitor is to negotiate, mediate and reach accord, rather than blunder into a court room.  
Did they approach other lawyers, only to be told that they had no case ?
EXACTLY!

If it's future projection ("SO – Are your preoccupations projections?   DT says yes") that the book will traumatise the twins, more so the mockumentary showing their parents left them alone in the dark while they went and got pissed will also traumatise them.
Learning that their parents deliberately exposed them to danger (leaving the patio door unlocked) resulting in the lost of their sis will be worst than any third party book.

Team Amaral should query the psychologist on what impact Kate's bewk will have on the twins.  
After all kate's bewk is full of episodes of a uncaring mother who cursed the Police when brought back to identify sighting, refused to answer simple questions, refused to return for reconstitution. sleeping when they should be searching and more.
If the twins ever get their hands on a copy of KM's book (maybe from a schoolfriend or a charity shop), I'd love to be a fly on the wall at Rothley Manor when the twins ask Kate "Mummy, what are genitals?"  smilie

____________________
Laurie Levenson, Quoted in the Guardian ........

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"


Newintown

Posts : 1597
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2011-07-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE

Post by sallypelt on 17.09.13 12:48

Removed to the other post on ADHD drugs

sallypelt

Posts : 3303
Reputation : 522
Join date : 2012-11-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE

Post by sallypelt on 17.09.13 12:51

@sallypelt wrote:A few hours ago I was reading a post, but I can't remember what thread it was on. Someone, in passing, mentioned "ADHD drugs". It caught my attention, and stimulated me into doing a little research into ADHD drugs. My findings were "interesting" to say the least.

I will paste some of the information here:


 Another factor to consider, is the side effects that can occur when taking stimulant medications like Adderall and Ritalin, such as loss of appetite, weight loss, mood swings and sleep disturbance. In some cases, doctors will introduce other medications in order to counteract side effects. For example, many children taking stimulant medications have a hard time sleeping at night, because after all, a stimulant medication does exactly what it says it will do, it stimulates the nervous system; And so the vicious cycle o1. Severely limit or eliminate fructose from your child’s diet as sugar/fructose has been linked to mental health problems such as depression and schizophrenia.

2. Avoid giving your child any processed foods, especially those containing artificial colors, flavors, and preservatives.
3. Replace soft drinks, fruit juices, and pasteurized milk with pure water.
4. Make sure your child is getting large regular doses of healthy bacteria, either with high-quality fermented organic foods and/or high quality probiotic supplements.
5. Give your child plenty of high-quality, animal-based omega-3 fats like krill oil.
6. Include as many whole organic foods as possible in your child's diet, both to reduce chemical exposure and increase nutrient content of each meal.

9. Make sure that your child gets plenty of exercise and outdoor playtime.

In addition, as Dr. Mercola mentioned, making sure that your child is getting plenty of exercise. This cannot be stressed enough when it comes to children, especially children that present with ADHD-like symptoms.

The FDA conducted its own study of Adderall's effects on children and early data pointed to the fact that the drug increases the risk of sudden death in children. But neither the study nor any of the other facts about the drug's dangerous effects prompted the FDA to actually pull the drug from the market. In fact, the FDA made a point of denying the results of its own study and insisting that patients continue to take the drug.”

sallypelt

Posts : 3303
Reputation : 522
Join date : 2012-11-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE

Post by Woburn_exile on 17.09.13 12:56

If the twins ever get their hands on a copy of KM's book (maybe from a schoolfriend or a charity shop), I'd love to be a fly on the wall at Rothley Manor when the twins ask Kate "Mummy, what are genitals?

Last sentence deleted



Things will be very different when they hit their teenage years, wannabe celebs, all their facebook links pointing to forums like this?



Woburn_exile

Posts : 239
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-05-30
Location : UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Damage to the twins caused by the BOOK.

Post by PeterMac on 17.09.13 12:57

Mummy . . .?

Yes darling

I found this book on the shelf, that you wrote for Sean and me, because it says so, here in the Foreword on page 1,   and we are good at reading now, so we read it.

Why does it say in your book that you left the patio door unlocked ?

Why does it say in your book that Madeleine complained about no one coming when she and Sean cried ?

Why does it say in your book that you left us every night on our own ?

Why does it say in your book that you hoped we would all die in a car crash ?

Are my genitals perfect, mummy ?

Do my genitals get ripped apart ?

Mummy, what’s a “fucking tosser” ?

Why didn’t Aunty Jane tell anyone about the man ?   Why doesn’t Aunty Jane come here any more ?

Mummy, why did you say that no one was looking for Madeleine when Uncle Edgar said in court that they were.
(Woburnexile. You beat me to it. The book was written FOR THE TWINS. It says so on Page 1)

____________________


PeterMac
Researcher

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 143
Join date : 2010-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE

Post by jeanmonroe on 17.09.13 13:04

Journalist in situ: In that action for compensation exactly what does the McCann couple ask?

Isabel Duarte: They ask for a compensation in money.

Journalist: How much?

Isabel Duarte: 250 thousand euros for each of the persons involved, they are five.
___________________________________________________________

Original writ.

What they are demanding
£430,000 damages for Madeleine which will be used to continue the search for her.
£215,000 for each parent for the emotional distress the book has caused them. They say they suffer 'permanent anxiety, insomnia, lack of appetite, irritability and an indefinable fear'. The writ also says Kate McCann is 'steeped in a deep and serious depression'.
£86,000 for each of their twins Sean and Amelie, who could hear his allegations when they start school in September.
________________________________________________________________________

Don't know if this is important.

I thought this libel trial had been 'amended' to have been brought only by the McCanns and their TWO children.

(How can a 'missing' person, Madeleine, have been able to 'file' a libel claim anyway)?

Anyway, Ms Duarte has said "250 thousand euros for each of the persons involved, they are FIVE."

Not to sure about the legal side of things but does it mean that ID is acting on behalf of Madeleine at the behest of the UK Court that Madeleine is a ward of?

As Madeleine is, (or was) a WOC surely there should be a UK 'official' representing her 'interests'

As i say i don't know the legal stuff but has the UK Court 'delegated' to Ms ID their responsibilty to Madeleine?

Also to add that the 'amounts' of 'compo' to each plaintiff has changed considerably hasn't it?

And certainly 'losing' Madeleine's 'share' would hurt, wouldn't it?

jeanmonroe

Posts : 5133
Reputation : 886
Join date : 2013-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE

Post by aiyoyo on 17.09.13 13:06

@Newintown wrote:
@aiyoyo wrote:
@PeterMac wrote:
@plebgate wrote:Somebody posted earlier that they would be surprised if any further witnesses would appear in person.   I would be also, as surely their lawyer would not want any more witnesses talking nonsense like that.
I sometimes wonder if ID realises that the witnesses are talking nonsense, and have virtually destroyed their case even before GA's lawyers have started, with their unique combination of spectacular irrelevance - speaking about things BEFORE the publication of the book - their frank admissions that they either knew nothing, or had only spoken to the twins once, 5 years ago - and their cutting, or hacking into the McCanns' case for continuing to plead for further funds on the grounds that no police force was doing anything, when in fact that was simply not true.
Add to that the risible and very simple untruth about the book being on sale in a bookshop in England from a person who made a documentary in which she deliberately altered several material facts ( details from the Smith sighting in particular) to make it look better - and the simple fact that the film WILL be traumatic for the children as they begin to realise how they had been abandoned in an unlocked apartment out of sight of the parents for several nights in a row - - -
And one begins to wonder about ID's strategy. Or professional competence.  Or sanity.

Why on earth did the McCanns employ her ?
Why when she has lost all their previous cases do they continue to employ her ?

Or is she the only one who would do it ? In the sense that one of the roles of a Solicitor is to negotiate, mediate and reach accord, rather than blunder into a court room.  
Did they approach other lawyers, only to be told that they had no case ?
EXACTLY!

If it's future projection ("SO – Are your preoccupations projections?   DT says yes") that the book will traumatise the twins, more so the mockumentary showing their parents left them alone in the dark while they went and got pissed will also traumatise them.
Learning that their parents deliberately exposed them to danger (leaving the patio door unlocked) resulting in the lost of their sis will be worst than any third party book.

Team Amaral should query the psychologist on what impact Kate's bewk will have on the twins.  
After all kate's bewk is full of episodes of a uncaring mother who cursed the Police when brought back to identify sighting, refused to answer simple questions, refused to return for reconstitution. sleeping when they should be searching and more.
If the twins ever get their hands on a copy of KM's book (maybe from a schoolfriend or a charity shop), I'd love to be a fly on the wall at Rothley Manor when the twins ask Kate "Mummy, what are genitals?"  smilie
Hello, they dont have to go anywhere to get the book.
The mum wrote it specially for them and Madeleine. Kept a special copy for them under lock and key, waiting for the opportune time to give it to them like a legacy or special gift.
Isn't it bloody Marvellous? What a fantastic and caring mum she is.
Blaming everyone under the sun for Madeleine disappearance, and making herself out to be so wonderfully absorbed in her search (sitting on her skinny arse) for her.

aiyoyo

Posts : 9611
Reputation : 318
Join date : 2009-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE

Post by Ayniia on 17.09.13 13:10

@PeterMac wrote:
And one begins to wonder about ID's strategy. Or professional competence.  Or sanity.

Why on earth did the McCanns employ her ?
Why when she has lost all their previous cases do they continue to employ her ?

Or is she the only one who would do it ?
Exactly! Remember her saying back in the days that her friends didn't talked to her because she was representing the Mccanns? Public opinion in Portugal is tired of this case. And I frequently ask people what they think about it, I can say that not a single person I asked even doubt Amaral theory. IMO people got mad because of what happened to GA. Not only people who follow the case but even people who just watch the news here, they all feel "cheated ". It's like, we helped with the search, people in PDL went out in the streets looking for Madeleine it was the biggest search ever done in Portugal. Then people saw the Mccanns running and laughing and NOT searching. People felt like everyone was looking except the couple and their friends / family. But again, in the first days / weeks people just excused them by saying, they're British, maybe they cope in a different way than us. Then the investigation went on and it was kinda disbelief. Then GA was out of the investigation, it was shelved. When "truth of the lie " book / documentary was out it was big, the country virtually stopped to watch it on TV. Then the repercussions were obvious. The Mccanns not only "cheated " us, they said bad things about the PJ, about the investigation... It wasn't solely the GA book or documentary but they were a big "eye opener " to many people.
My point is, probably ID was the only one accepting to represent them here or at least telling them they had a chance of winning this libel trial.

____________________
"My advice to any British tourist ,please come to Portugal,please come to the Algarve but if you're coming as a family holiday treat it as a family holiday and do things together, don't leave the kids"
Words from an ExPat Algarve resident

Ayniia

Posts : 546
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2013-03-21
Location : Portugal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE

Post by jeanmonroe on 17.09.13 13:15

"If the twins ever get their hands on a copy of KM's book (maybe from a schoolfriend or a charity shop), I'd love to be a fly on the wall at Rothley Manor when the twins ask Kate "Mummy, what are genitals?"
_____________________________________________________________________________

If the twins ever get their hands on a copy of KM's bewk i'd love to be a fly on the wall at Rothley Manor when they ask their parents " it says here that we were alone in the room that Madeleine was taken from, and we too could have been taken, that's not right, is it mummy?"
"You and daddy wouldn't have, never, ever have left us all alone in a room out of your sight, would you, we were all only babies at the time"
"Say it's not true, mummy, pleaseeeeee"

ETA Could we please refrain from personal insults of anyone, McCanns included.

If i get banned for saying that, so be it.

We're trying to get justice for Madeleine.

thankyou.

jeanmonroe

Posts : 5133
Reputation : 886
Join date : 2013-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE

Post by aiyoyo on 17.09.13 13:26

To add to PM's questions for Mummy post.

Mummy,

Why did the Police make you a suspect?

What exactly were you suspected of?

Were you ashamed they made you suspect?

Were you worried what people might think of you?

Why did you not search for Madeleine?

What did the monster look like?

How did he get into our bedroom?

Were we drugged? Who drugged us?

What happened to Madeleine?





aiyoyo

Posts : 9611
Reputation : 318
Join date : 2009-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE

Post by Guest on 17.09.13 13:27

Woburn_exile, I would be grateful if you would tone you posts down somewhat.  You are using the twins to make points, and imo it is offensive.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE

Post by Woburn_exile on 17.09.13 13:34

ETA Could we please refrain from personal insults of anyone, McCanns included.


What, even Aunty Phlomena?








big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin

Woburn_exile

Posts : 239
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-05-30
Location : UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE

Post by aiyoyo on 17.09.13 13:41

GP – Was there private investigators before you?
DE says yes but adds he was the first professional one
How nice of him to rubbish Control Risk Group as well!

aiyoyo

Posts : 9611
Reputation : 318
Join date : 2009-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum