The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE

Post by Guest on 17.09.13 13:51

Jean M, it's very tempting to make comments about people's appearances but I think that it does bring us down to the level of the McCanns' deluded supporters who can only make personal attacks and not debate sensibly.

What a prime example of ugliness both inside and out you have chosen for your avatar, Woburn_Exile. The only difference in my view between the two Ks - Kate and Karen - is that Kate has friends in high places to stop her from joining Karen in prison.

Actually, Karen is out now I think but you know what I mean.

Also, a polite request for people to go easy on the emoticons - a nightmare if like me you're over-sensitive to flashing lights and images.

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob on 17.09.13 13:51

Thanks Aiyoyo for posting the transcript of the psychologist's court testimony roses 

I think it's fair to say he was skewered by the defense yes 

ShuBob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell on 17.09.13 13:52

@Ayniia wrote:
@PeterMac wrote:
And one begins to wonder about ID's strategy. Or professional competence.  Or sanity.

Why on earth did the McCanns employ her ?
Why when she has lost all their previous cases do they continue to employ her ?

Or is she the only one who would do it ?
Exactly! Remember her saying back in the days that her friends didn't talked to her because she was representing the Mccanns? Public opinion in Portugal is tired of this case. And I frequently ask people what they think about it, I can say that not a single person I asked even doubt Amaral theory. IMO people got mad because of what happened to GA. Not only people who follow the case but even people who just watch the news here, they all feel "cheated ". It's like, we helped with the search, people in PDL went out in the streets looking for Madeleine it was the biggest search ever done in Portugal. Then people saw the Mccanns running and laughing and NOT searching. People felt like everyone was looking except the couple and their friends / family. But again, in the first days / weeks people just excused them by saying, they're British, maybe they cope in a different way than us. Then the investigation went on and it was kinda disbelief. Then GA was out of the investigation, it was shelved. When "truth of the lie " book / documentary was out it was big, the country virtually stopped to watch it on TV. Then the repercussions were obvious. The Mccanns not only "cheated " us, they said bad things about the PJ, about the investigation... It wasn't solely the GA book or documentary but they were a big "eye opener " to many people.
My point is, probably ID was the only one accepting to represent them here or at least telling them they had a chance of winning this libel trial.
I wouldn't blame Isabel entirely Ayniia, Kate's hatred of Goncalo Amaral is completely irrational.  He has become the scapegoat for everything that has gone wrong.  In the summer of 2007 they were riding the crest of the wave.  Donations were flooding in and Gerry was planning a Madeleine Day for the whole world.  

Kate claims people stopped looking, but that is patently untrue as the search and sightings continued. The truth is, people stopped donating to the Fund.  Obviously that lies with their being made arguidos but Kate needs someone to blame. It is astonishing that the case has come this far, its as though they are all following an especially deranged dodo towards the cliff's edge and obediently taking the leap.

Cristobell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 17.09.13 14:00

I cant help wondering whether Kevin is monitoring this site?

I bet Brian Kennedy and his lawyer are on witness list. They must be. How can they not be?
They were and still are very involved in every aspect of it, from managing search and fund, to running the PI operation.

I just would like to see Brian Kennedy explain his PI HQ and the selection process (due diligence) of the big crack team of pte detectives.
And Ed Smethurst explain the figures in the Fund, how the search depletes it...blah blah blah........

Wonder whether Grandma Healy is going to turn on the sad face for ONCE.

Hope the Judge wont approve written statements else the entertainment value of this whole of clowns will be gone. More importantly the other parties' right to cross examine them should not be breached.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 17.09.13 14:01

@ShuBob wrote:Thanks Aiyoyo for posting the transcript of the psychologist's court testimony roses 

I think it's fair to say he was skewered by the defense yes 
BBQ meat you mean?

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Woburn_exile on 17.09.13 14:05

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:Jean M, it's very tempting to make comments about people's appearances but I think that it does bring us down to the level of the McCanns' deluded supporters who can only make personal attacks and not debate sensibly.

What a prime example of ugliness both inside and out you have chosen for your avatar, Woburn_Exile. The only difference in my view between the two Ks - Kate and Karen - is that Kate has friends in high places to stop her from joining Karen in prison.

Actually, Karen is out now I think but you know what I mean.

Also, a polite request for people to go easy on the emoticons - a nightmare if like me you're over-sensitive to flashing lights and images.
I was stuck between who to use, is it a bit too offensive.

Woburn_exile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 17.09.13 14:08

Certainly not a pretty sight but maybe not offensive!

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 17.09.13 14:14

@Cristobell wrote:
@Ayniia wrote:
@PeterMac wrote:
And one begins to wonder about ID's strategy. Or professional competence.  Or sanity.

Why on earth did the McCanns employ her ?
Why when she has lost all their previous cases do they continue to employ her ?

Or is she the only one who would do it ?
Exactly! Remember her saying back in the days that her friends didn't talked to her because she was representing the Mccanns? Public opinion in Portugal is tired of this case. And I frequently ask people what they think about it, I can say that not a single person I asked even doubt Amaral theory. IMO people got mad because of what happened to GA. Not only people who follow the case but even people who just watch the news here, they all feel "cheated ". It's like, we helped with the search, people in PDL went out in the streets looking for Madeleine it was the biggest search ever done in Portugal. Then people saw the Mccanns running and laughing and NOT searching. People felt like everyone was looking except the couple and their friends / family. But again, in the first days / weeks people just excused them by saying, they're British, maybe they cope in a different way than us. Then the investigation went on and it was kinda disbelief. Then GA was out of the investigation, it was shelved. When "truth of the lie " book / documentary was out it was big, the country virtually stopped to watch it on TV. Then the repercussions were obvious. The Mccanns not only "cheated " us, they said bad things about the PJ, about the investigation... It wasn't solely the GA book or documentary but they were a big "eye opener " to many people.
My point is, probably ID was the only one accepting to represent them here or at least telling them they had a chance of winning this libel trial.
I wouldn't blame Isabel entirely Ayniia, Kate's hatred of Goncalo Amaral is completely irrational.  He has become the scapegoat for everything that has gone wrong.  In the summer of 2007 they were riding the crest of the wave.  Donations were flooding in and Gerry was planning a Madeleine Day for the whole world.  

Kate claims people stopped looking, but that is patently untrue as the search and sightings continued. The truth is, people stopped donating to the Fund.  Obviously that lies with their being made arguidos but Kate needs someone to blame. It is astonishing that the case has come this far, its as though they are all following an especially deranged dodo towards the cliff's edge and obediently taking the leap.
Actually I read somewhere they''d approached other law firms who rejected them.and ID was the only who accepted their case.
ID was hoping to add them as prize to her collection of impressive clients she won for. Mccanns being first international case she was banking on this high profile case to appreciate her porffolio.
It seems, if any thing, as it turns out, the mccanns will drag down her reputation, and her dream wont be realised.
She was described as formidable (probably at par with CR) but from recent performance it seems she's lost the plot, if not her marbles.

She's not barking anymore. Lost her booming voice probably from despair at the quality of the witnesses Mccanns put up.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Woburn_exile on 17.09.13 14:18

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:Certainly not a pretty sight but maybe not offensive!
Better now.
big grin big grin

Woburn_exile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 17.09.13 14:19

"I cant help wondering whether Kevin is monitoring this site?"

Yep, inbetween having to lie down in a darkened room every few hours after another testamony from the ELITE 'witnesses!

So the McCanns are claiming that GA's book, published in 24th July 2008 stopped people believing THEM.

And then this from Gerry Mccann himself 25th August 2007 just about a year EARLIER!

Interviewer:"so you would like much LESS coverage"? (in the press)

Gerry McCann: "ABSOLUTELY"

So he wants MORE coverage to flog tat from his online store but LESS coverage with anything to do with his 'missing' child.

So WHO stopped people from 'seaching'

A man who hadn't written a book?

OR a father that wanted less 'coverage' in the madia for his missing daughter?

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by marconi on 17.09.13 14:31

any idea of what is happening in Algarve?

marconi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 17.09.13 14:44

@marconi wrote:any idea of what is happening in Algarve?
Yep, Professional PI Dave is leading an expedition into the lawless hinterlands within 10kms of PDL.
Kate and Susan (sent from God) Hubbard have just fly posted an olive tree with a poster of a three year old.
Angus and Tricksy, resplendent with their knotted hankerchiefs on their heads, have just spied a goat with a kid, that they say looks remarkably like the 'abductor' , all that thick hair about the neck, from behind and are wondering if they are actually seeing an adbuction taking place before their very eyes.They can see the kids four legs but wonder if the lack of pyjama bottoms could prevent them from reporting their credible 'sighting' to the authorities.
Isabel is flagging, but thinks that might be due to her efforts in the court room.
Emma is filming the expedition for a future mockumentary she has planned.
Trish and Ma Healy are relaxing by the pool in PDL citing that "it's no use to bring swimming cossies, if you ain't gonna use them."

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Seek truth on 17.09.13 14:48

pop2 May be Scotland Yard didn't want to miss the case!

What a time to investigate, hey!

Seek truth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BerylJ on 17.09.13 14:51

@jeanmonroe wrote:
@marconi wrote:any idea of what is happening in Algarve?
Yep, Professional PI Dave is leading an expedition into the lawless hinterlands within 10kms of PDL.
Kate and Susan (sent from God) Hubbard have just fly posted an olive tree with a poster of a three year old.
Angus and Tricksy, resplendent with their knotted hankerchiefs on their heads, have just spied a goat with a kid, that they say looks remarkably like the 'abductor' from behind.
Isabel is flagging, but thinks that might be due to her efforts in the court room.
Emma is filming the expedition for a future mockumentary she has planned.
Trish and Ma Healy are relaxing by the pool in PDL citing that it's no use to bring swimming cossies, if you ain't gonna use them.
And this Jeanmonroe is about the weight of their use. Chocolate and fireguard spring to mind.

BerylJ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by marconi on 17.09.13 14:53

I have sent some privete messages which never left. Now I found out one has to fill up "issue"(or title)

marconi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Woburn_exile on 17.09.13 15:02

candyfloss wrote:Woburn_exile, I would be grateful if you would tone you posts down somewhat.  You are using the twins to make points, and imo it is offensive.
What I post is not beyond the bounds of possibility. As a parent I was always truthful with the children because they will never forget if you blatently expect them to believe a lie. Children do not forget things.  These are the sort of things that children might say when they reach their teenage years and fancy a bit of mummy baiting.
It's like "Who was that man who stayed overnight when daddy went away to work when I was 7"?

hijacked hijacked

Woburn_exile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by susible on 17.09.13 15:07

@Woburn_exile wrote:
No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:Certainly not a pretty sight but maybe not offensive!
Better now.
big grin big grin
No, sorry, all I can think about is poor little Tia when I see that monster's face.  Any chance of a change please?

susible

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 17.09.13 15:09

@Woburn_exile wrote:
candyfloss wrote:Woburn_exile, I would be grateful if you would tone you posts down somewhat.  You are using the twins to make points, and imo it is offensive.
What I post is not beyond the bounds of possibility. As a parent I was always truthful with the children because they will never forget if you blatently expect them to believe a lie. Children do not forget things.  These are the sort of things that children might say when they reach their teenage years and fancy a bit of mummy baiting.
It's like "Who was that man who stayed overnight when daddy went away to work when I was 7"?

hijacked hijacked
I'm sure we can all imagine what the twins may ask.  What you wrote about the twins being 'wannabe celebrities' when they were teenagers was imo offensive.  I also don't like that avatar of a child killer!

Back to top Go down

Post by Woburn_exile on 17.09.13 15:12

@susible wrote:
@Woburn_exile wrote:
Better now.
big grin big grin
No, sorry, all I can think about is poor little Tia when I see that monster's face.  Any chance of a change please?
Better now?

spin spin

Woburn_exile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by susible on 17.09.13 15:16

@Woburn_exile wrote:
@susible wrote:
@Woburn_exile wrote:
Better now.
big grin big grin
Better now?

spin spin
Yes, I have no problem with using the McCann's images as avatars, many posters do and after all the forum is dedicated to them yes

susible

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell on 17.09.13 15:24

I feel we are seeing the beginning of the end with this trial, it is almost uncomfortable to be a bystander.  

The irony of course being, that their greed that has scuppered them.  I can only guess at the level of megalomania in that household, they probably sit there practising their Lord and Lady signatures.  Hard to believe that they do not have a single 'sane' voice among their advisers.  

We will have to see what happens in the next round.  It will be interesting to see if the question of whether there was in fact an abduction at all, arises. What evidence can they put forward to support it?  Will Jane testify that she saw a man (possibly a woman) carrying Madeleine away? Will any experts appear to support the abduction theory? Will they rely on DI Redwood's assertion that they were not involved? Indeed, will he appear and state that on oath. That would clinch it.    

The abduction story becomes less and less believable with time, so too the myth that Madeleine is giving her tuppenceworth and being treated like a princess.  Even they couldn't be arsed to tout posters and luggage tags (I didn't see them, don't know if anyone else did?) when they arrived in Portugal, the country that holds the answer to their daughter's disappearance. 

It was all about the money, but now it is about saving their own skins, and it is all going horribly wrong. The tapas friends are in integral part of this case, indeed they too were awarded damages from the Express Group.  Where are they?  Where's Gerry, the other half of the handholding pair?  Will he appear on Lorraine's cosy sofa to cheer Kate on as she enters the lions den? Where is jovial John McCann, who gave up his job within days to become a Director of the Madeleine Fund?

Scotland Yard are, quite rightly, not saying a word. The outcome of this trial will affect the investigation.  It would be naive to think otherwise.

Cristobell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 17.09.13 15:28

@Woburn_exile wrote:
@susible wrote:
@Woburn_exile wrote:
Better now.
big grin big grin
Better now?

spin spin
I'd rather see the laughing one from Amsterdam or Lorraine, just so as to remind people how very 'depressed' she is.

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 17.09.13 15:30

@aiyoyo wrote:
GP – Was there private investigators before you?
DE says yes but adds he was the first professional one
How nice of him to rubbish Control Risk Group as well!
He is a star witness, is he not !

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 17.09.13 15:33

Christobell:

Was there an 'abduction, was there really?

Even the McCanns own lawyer will not say IT!

She, ID, studiously refers only to 'the abduction' as "the McCann couple's THESIS"

Lisbon day 1 asking Emma Loach.

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell on 17.09.13 15:36

@PeterMac wrote:
@aiyoyo wrote:
GP – Was there private investigators before you?
DE says yes but adds he was the first professional one
How nice of him to rubbish Control Risk Group as well!
He is a star witness, is he not !
I wonder if he has sorted out the involuntary head movements?

Cristobell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum