The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

ARTICLE ON AMARAL V MCCANN Mm11

ARTICLE ON AMARAL V MCCANN Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

ARTICLE ON AMARAL V MCCANN Mm11

ARTICLE ON AMARAL V MCCANN Regist10

ARTICLE ON AMARAL V MCCANN

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ARTICLE ON AMARAL V MCCANN Empty ARTICLE ON AMARAL V MCCANN

Post by Guest 08.09.13 11:37

There's a September 5 Portuguese article on Amaral and the court case.

http://noticias.sapo.pt/banca/nacional/4389

It's paper version only.
Below the Portuguese text.
I've seen two different English translations and don't know which is the best/correct one.
I am specifically interested in the last sentence.

Any Portuguese member around to give a hand?

12 de Setembro na 1ª Vara Cível de Lisboa.

O julgamento vai decorrer em pelo menos três sessões.

Gonçalo Amaral, de acordo com fonte da defesa, " até compreende o sentimento de perca que os mccann podem ter, mas como investigador, nunca pode abdicar de todas as linhas de investigação"

Informado das novas diligências pedidas pelas autoridades inglesas, Gonçalo Amaral mostrou-se " disponível para qualquer informação que a Scotland Yard possa necessitar a propósito do inquérito em que participou em 2007" disse fonte da defesa do ex - responsável da PJ.

A mesma fonte " até acha muito estranho que os investigadores ingleses não queiram ouvir o antigo responsável pelo inquérito" porque, lembra, " o desfecho do inquérito até foi ditado pelo Ministério Público e não pelo investigador".

" Mas como é possível que alguém possa pedir mais de um milhão de euros de indemnização ao responsável pelo inquérito da PJ, apenas porque todos os elementos recolhidos na investigação - assim como a lógica da investigação nos casos do alegado rapto - apontam para que a criança esteja morta?" pergunta o advogado responsável pela defesa do antigo comissário português.

A criança inglesa encontra-se sob a tutela da secção de família do Tribunal Superior ( High Court) desde esse ano ( 2007) - o que talvez explique o actual interesse das autoridades inglesas na abertura de um inquérito em Londres.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

ARTICLE ON AMARAL V MCCANN Empty Re: ARTICLE ON AMARAL V MCCANN

Post by Guest 08.09.13 11:54

Thanks Chatelaine, this is google translate......

The trial will take place in at least three sessions.

Gonçalo Amaral, according to defense source, "to understand the feeling of loss that may have mccann, but as a researcher, can never abdicate all lines of inquiry"

Informed of further action requested by the English authorities, Gonçalo Amaral was found to be "available for any information that Scotland Yard might need about the survey that participated in the 2007" defense source said the ex - head of the PJ.

The same source "to find it very strange that the British researchers did not want to hear the old charge of the investigation" because, remember, "the outcome of the investigation until it was dictated by the prosecutor and not by the investigator."

"But how is it possible that someone can order more than one million euros in damages to the person responsible for the investigation of the PJ, just because all evidence gathered in the investigation - as well as the logic of investigation in cases of alleged abduction - pointed out that the child is dead? "asks the lawyer responsible for defending the former Commissioner Portuguese.

The English child is under the guardianship of the family section of the Superior Court (High Court) from this year (2007) - which may explain the current interest of the British authorities in an investigation in London
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08.09.13 11:58

Hmmm, it sounds as if they (SY) didn't want to hear from Mr Amaral re the investigation, according to the above translation.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer 08.09.13 12:21

candyfloss wrote:Hmmm, it sounds as if they (SY) didn't want to hear from Mr Amaral re the investigation, according to the above translation.
Ah ha - keeping their ears closed to the truth obviously.
Woofer
Woofer

Activity : 3508

Back to top Go down

Post by lj 08.09.13 14:07

Now there is a surprise.

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/
lj
lj

Activity : 3590

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08.09.13 14:20

I just got word that the article is written by Duarte Levy, so I'll add the usual pinch of salt, before spending more time on it smilie 
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 08.09.13 15:12

Oh dear!
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by marconi 08.09.13 15:51

If that article was written by Duarte Levy, we have to be careful.
According to Joana Morais, he is a pathological lier.
Why shouldn't the Yard have any interest in Amaral?  He, himself, once said he was prepared to give an statement about the case.
marconi

Activity : 1104

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08.09.13 16:53

If I understand correctly, also the Portuguese detectives to assist the Yard, are NOT from the original investigation[s]. They may want to keep "fresh eyes", as they call it themselves. I'm sure they've read his book, though, as well as all of the [complete] PJ files. They may be interested to talk to him in the Endspiel. IMO
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 08.09.13 17:00

It has been reported that the new SY team do not want the original Portugese detectives to help them. Strange that. In the Diana investigation by SY we are told it is being headed by a former Police Sergeant (now promoted to higher rank) who worked on the original investigation into Diana's death.

plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown 08.09.13 17:08

Châtelaine wrote:If I understand correctly, also the Portuguese detectives to assist the Yard, are NOT from the original investigation[s]. They may want to keep "fresh eyes", as they call it themselves. I'm sure they've read his book, though, as well as all of the [complete] PJ files. They may be interested to talk to him in the Endspiel. IMO
Just to add, if SY are distancing themselves from the original PJ investigators the McCanns cannot then complain that the SY investigation was prejudiced from the start if in fact there is a Court case in the future.

That could also be why SY are looking to interview the 38 suspects (so that they can be eliminated) so that again SY cannot be accused by the McCanns of missing anyone out/overlooking anyone in their investigation.

Only of course if SY are doing a proper investigation and it's all not BS leading up to a whitewash.

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"

Newintown
Newintown

Activity : 1622

Back to top Go down

Post by marconi 08.09.13 17:30

plebgate wrote:It has been reported that the new SY team do not want the original Portugese detectives to help them.   Strange that.   In the Diana investigation by SY we are told it is being headed by a former Police Sergeant (now promoted to higher rank)  who worked on the original investigation  into Diana's death.    

I think that every police work on a different way. 
Ok, possibly both countries want to avoid media complications.
They know what they are doing.
marconi

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 08.09.13 17:46

Time will Tell Marconi, time will tell.
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 08.09.13 18:04

Newintown wrote:
Châtelaine wrote:If I understand correctly, also the Portuguese detectives to assist the Yard, are NOT from the original investigation[s]. They may want to keep "fresh eyes", as they call it themselves. I'm sure they've read his book, though, as well as all of the [complete] PJ files. They may be interested to talk to him in the Endspiel. IMO
Just to add, if SY are distancing themselves from the original PJ investigators the McCanns cannot then complain that the SY investigation was prejudiced from the start if in fact there is a Court case in the future.

That could also be why SY are looking to interview the 38 suspects (so that they can be eliminated) so that again SY cannot be accused by the McCanns of missing anyone out/overlooking anyone in their investigation.

Only of course if SY are doing a proper investigation and it's all not BS leading up to a whitewash.
Again the pleasing of the mccanns has overridden all common sense.  How much extra is it costing to run the Scotland Yard investigation the McCann way?
Cristobell

Activity : 2552

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown 08.09.13 18:11

Cristobell wrote:
Newintown wrote:

Again the pleasing of the mccanns has overridden all common sense.  How much extra is it costing to run the Scotland Yard investigation the McCann way?
I didn't mean my comment in that way.  I meant that if there is a Court case that the McCanns and/or anyone else were involved with the disappearance of Madeleine and the concealment of her body than SY have covered every aspect of the investigation as to have left "no stone unturned" so that CR cannot find any excuse to stop a prosecution of the McCanns and anyone else.

I hope that makes more sense.

Newintown
Newintown

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 08.09.13 18:13

I don't see the SY approach as pleasing the couple. Maybe a decision was taken to use fresh eyes and only fresh eyes to make sure there is no controversy attached to their investigation.
It is media reports anyway that we are relying on and the media might have been fed a line to simply let them get on in peace without speculation. It is daft imo to think a police investigation is being run by a couple of doctors. Who really knows who SY are liaising with? No one but those concerned and that is probably just how it should be.

They can read Amaral's book and they have access to all the files, they do not need to speak to those involved formerly or at least publicise that they have spoken to them. If they are doing things with a fresh team from Portugal they are offering no ammunition to those who will shout unfair from the sidelines.
 They are looking at the bigger picture imo.

I don't think SY are doing a whitewash.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Activity : 4058

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown 08.09.13 18:21

russiandoll wrote:I don't see the SY approach as pleasing the couple. Maybe a decision was taken to use fresh eyes and only fresh eyes to make sure there is no controversy attached to their investigation.
It is media reports anyway that we are relying on and the media might have been fed a line to simply let them get on in peace without speculation. It is daft imo to think a police investigation is being run by a couple of doctors. Who really knows who SY are liaising with? No one but those concerned and that is probably just how it should be.

They can read Amaral's book and they have access to all the files, they do not need to speak to those involved formerly or at least publicise that they have spoken to them. If they are doing things with a fresh team from Portugal they are offering no ammunition to those who will shout unfair from the sidelines.
 They are looking at the bigger picture imo.

I don't think SY are doing a whitewash.
Thanks russiondoll.  You have written exactly what I was trying to say.  yes

Newintown
Newintown

Back to top Go down

Post by marconi 08.09.13 18:25

Russiandoll, from the first moment I believed in the Yard probe.  "A shot in the foot" said Amaral.

So many leads show us that the McCanns are not happy.  Where are they?

Kate evaporated, didn't she?  Why?

Where are their  interviews about the probe?
marconi

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 08.09.13 18:57

Who knows? Lets just hope for the truth and the sooner the better, though I am sure it will out one day.
 I am increasingly interested in Maddie photos and the dentition shown in them. Her age on these photos could be stated by any dentist who could blow them up and focus on the gaps and the closing of gaps as she approached her 4th birthday. Will SY focus on something as simple as that?
  I am convinced that something must come up soon to do with these photos and that alleged last photo will turn out not to be of an almost 4 year old.
 The teeth in the photos are as important as that right eye imo.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Activity : 4058

Back to top Go down

ARTICLE ON AMARAL V MCCANN Empty Ah say ah say girl... Well said!!!

Post by The Rooster 08.09.13 19:17

Well said Russian Doll, I don't believe there's a whitewash going on either. They've all gone very quiet. I can imagine the silence is thundering around the nine and their council. The truth will be shocking. God forbid!

The Rooster

Activity : 524

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 08.09.13 20:36

russiandoll wrote:Who knows? Lets just hope for the truth and the sooner the better, though I am sure it will out one day.
 I am increasingly interested in Maddie photos and the dentition shown in them. Her age on these photos could be stated by any dentist who could blow them up and focus on the gaps and the closing of gaps as she approached her 4th birthday. Will SY focus on something as simple as that?
  I am convinced that something must come up soon to do with these photos and that alleged last photo will turn out not to be of an almost 4 year old.
You are right of course, just that this cases vexes me at times.

Very interesting points regarding the photos. I was looking again at the 'last photo' and she looks so much younger than she did with the tennis balls and on the bus.  I know lots have analysed the technical side of the last photo, but for me its the 'baby face', and of course the fact that it was not produced until 3 weeks later.  

Can dentists determine age from teeth? Its an interesting idea, and as you say, one they should certainly follow.
Cristobell

Activity : 2552

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey5 08.09.13 21:07

Cristobell wrote:
Can dentists determine age from teeth? Its an interesting idea, and as you say, one they should certainly follow.
Hi Cristobell, maybe they can although I thought that was vets and horses.
I'm always amazed when they find a dead body and they can only identify it from their dental records, how does that work I wonder? I would have thought a filling was a filling but apparently each person must have a unique dental record like a fingerprint.
There's never a piece in the media where it's stated that the body cannot be identified because this person has never had dental treatment - and there must surely be some I would have thought.
Casey5

Activity : 402

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown 08.09.13 22:06

russiandoll wrote:Who knows? Lets just hope for the truth and the sooner the better, though I am sure it will out one day.
I've always wondered about the teeth on the photos of "Madeleine", some photos show her with gaps in her teeth and in other photos she has no gaps.

Newintown
Newintown

Back to top Go down

Post by marconi 08.09.13 22:14

Imo Maddie's "last photo"is fake.  On that photo she has a baby face, much different to the tennis balls photo.
marconi

Back to top Go down

Post by marconi 08.09.13 22:32

There was the news (Joana Morais) that the PJ had already the rogatory letter(s) (23 August). About 16 days ago.
Studying them, translations, discussing, etc...
By now the Yard must have started already interrogating people around in Algarve. But then they will get the report of each statement, translations, analyses, discussions with the PJ and with Belgravia, what to do with the suspects. Contact with the Attorney General, he will read the reports, take a decision...

If any Briton in Algarve knows where the body is, I don't think that he has to point the local but Kate and Gerry will have to do it, otherwise they will say that the abductor buried her.

I notice that more and more people here believe more and more that it is not a whitewash.
marconi

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top