The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

2 year old leaves nursery and walks a half mile home

View previous topic View next topic Go down

2 year old leaves nursery and walks a half mile home

Post by russiandoll on 05.09.13 18:03

There were security measures at the school including electric gates and a 12 foot fence  .

A two-year-old girl left a nursery unnoticed and walked half a mile home alone, police have confirmed.

Louise Hilton left Windmill Hill Nursery, Runcorn, at about 13:00 on Wednesday and soon after knocked on her parents' door saying "Mummy, I'm home".

It is believed a door at the nursery was left open by a workman, police said. The nursery has not commented.

Louise's father John, said it was a "shocking ordeal" and called for sackings.

"She got out of school, electric gates and everything, walked half a mile, walked through the woods and was 50 yards away from the canal," said Mr Hilton.

"It's so shocking, it's unbelievable that the school cannot even notice she's gone. Anything could have happened. Somebody should be sacked."
'Escaped'
Mr Hilton alerted police who said they have referred the incident to the council. He has since registered his daughter with a different nursery.

A spokesman for Halton Borough Council said: "The council has been providing advice and support to the nursery following notification of the incident."

The nursery, based at Windmill Hill Primary School, is private and Ofsted-registered.

A Cheshire Police spokesman said: "At this stage it is believed the child escaped from the nursery after workmen left a door open.

"The child was unharmed and the matter has been referred to the local authority."

[ On t.v.  she went unaccompanied to the toilet then walked out. She walked near a main road,  past shops and luckily did not go near the canal......only day 2 at the nursery, even if she had walked that way many times..still very bright at that age, finding her house. Thank God she is ok.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2 year old leaves nursery and walks a half mile home

Post by PeterMac on 05.09.13 18:36

She might have been very nearly three years old, and at that age she would be quite capable of minding two 2 year olds in the dark in an unlocked apartment, in a foreign country, in a town she has never visited before - or so the professionals tell us . . .

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 05.09.13 18:52

Now don't exaggerate Mr M, Madeleine was almost 4!

I am finding it very hard to believe that firstly a 2 year old would be able to find her way home and secondly that she wasn't seen on her own along the route and the police informed.

I think there's more to this story than we've been told.

Now that we have heard before!

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 06.09.13 7:51

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2412605/Two-year-old-girl-WALKED-private-nursery-way-home-workman-left-door-open.html

Looks a determined little thing !

BUT, if she can do this, why could not Madeleine do the same - but get lost

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Penfold on 06.09.13 8:42

Why not indeed? 
Madeleine was always "confident and independent" ... "incredibly bright and extremely perceptive" ...and "always aware of her surroundings", according to the book.

Penfold

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll on 06.09.13 8:49

The nursery are blaming it on a workman not closing a door properly when leaving the premises. I would have thought given safety issues that he would have been seen out, so the nursery staff whose responsibility it was to keep the kids safe could close doors and secure the place.

I watched the footage last night as the little one's route was mapped out and the distance shown on a map. It is a very quiet area with not many roads to choose from. I can only think that given that there were shops nearby, this little girl was used to that route from her home and once she got close to the shopping area she recalled the road which went home, it  did not appear to be a meandering route.
The area is very quiet, semi-rural I would say.  There likely is more detail to come out about the circumstances, but I do not see the point in Mum saying that she went to answer a knock on the door and saw her child standing there, if that did not happen. She was a chatty bright child and would have told her Mummy no I didn't !

unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 06.09.13 8:53

@PeterMac wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2412605/Two-year-old-girl-WALKED-private-nursery-way-home-workman-left-door-open.html

Looks a determined little thing !

BUT, if she can do this, why could not Madeleine do the same - but get lost
OMG she is SO cute.

Who took that photo ? It means she was seen walking alone. Maybe that person followed closely and made sure she was safe until she arrived home.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll on 06.09.13 8:58

I think that photo was taken yesterday after the event as part of the reporting. I recall her being with her Mum and wearing that outfit.

unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 06.09.13 9:12

Yes, I'm sure that was the situation with the photo, Russian Doll.

Louise had only started at the nursery the day before. I am still finding it very hard to believe that she could have found her way home alone.

Apologies for doubting everything I read - I wonder who I can blame for that!

I had the most bizarre dream just before I got up this morning - must have been influenced by this. My mother had lost my son while taking him to his childminder and didn't tell me until hours later. He was finally found unconscious in ma's house - I woke up before finding out how he was.

In reality, my son is nearly 35 and my mother died seven years before he was born!

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum