The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Robert Murat - Help wanted

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Robert Murat - Help wanted

Post by Gillyspot on 19.09.11 21:54

[quote="Molly"]
Stewie wrote:Found it.

So Jane Tanner's mobile records indicate contact with mobile 0794973 evening of 3 may and morning of 4 May:

"4078 “Okay and the last number then, is 07949 73XXXX”?
Reply “Yeah this is the one I think it would be, this is erm, this is Charlotte, my friend in Exeter who was actually out in Portugal with us when we were there, but I think I rang her, she went home on the Saturday and she hadn’t taken her mobile out with her, cos I’d (inaudible) texted her, that day we were supposed to go, it was her husband’s birthday, I must have, I’ve still got the text on here that she, we were supposed to go to their apartment for a barbecue at lunch time, so I text her in the morning and said, (inaudible) text (inaudible), there you go, I text her in the morning and said that, so you see what time that is and but she didn’t answer so, cos she hadn’t got her mobile phone”.
4078 “No”.
Reply “With her, so I rang her when she was home, that’s (inaudible) I want to talk to her then”.
4078 “But we’ve got that record that you texted her, I think you actually texted her the evening before as well”.
Reply “That was to say do we need to erm bring, I think she was saying, come up for the afternoon, I think it was something along the lines of, do we need to bring food or something along those lines cos we were going for, for lunch”.
4078 “Yes”.
Reply “Cos it was Jim’s birthday”.
4078 “Okay. That’s the end of the telephone questions”.

So Charlotte flew home on Saturday but left her mobile because Jane Tanner had texted her?

Gillyspot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jd on 19.09.11 22:10

[quote="tigger"]Go over the rogatory via Dr. Roberts on McCannfiles, great fun can be had. Sometimes Jane doesn't seem to have been on the same planet as the others.

I read that Murat had made a remark to the effect that the whole thing was the 'biggest c...up in history', or words to that effect. When did he say that?
I've always liked him as facilitator.
I've been going through the old files here and there's just so much that doesn't make sense. Such as the possibility of Lori Campbell being in PdL before the 3rd May. Lori C, big friend of Clarrie, both did the Soham reporting. [/quote]

Did Lori Campbell do the Soham reporting? and is also a big friend of Mitchell? Didn't know this....interesting

Murat I think did say f...up rather than c...up

jd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 20.09.11 8:36

@jd wrote:Jane Tanner and Russell O'Brien's neighbours in Exeter, James and Charlotte Gorrod, were also having a holiday at the PDL resort at exactly the same time. They arrived in Lagos and took their hire car on 28th April at 20:06pm but never checked into Ocean Club till the 30th April...where did they go for a day? James Gorrod is a property solicitor.
To be more precise, where did they sleep on the nights of the 28th and the 29th of April, before showing up at OC on the 30th?
Two nights, that do not appear to have ever been explained by either Charlotte or James Gorrod, when talking to the press.

Back to top Go down

Who watches at night...?

Post by missbeetle on 20.01.15 9:43

Bumping up this fascinating old thread.

I don't think I'd ever considered the role of security guards at the Ocean Club before.

I realise the Ocean Club was not an enclosed resort -

- but surely a place that size'd a least have a night watchman?

My thoughts only.

missbeetle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Who watches etc

Post by G-Unit on 20.01.15 12:09

The security guard who was not guarding anything at all;
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/PIEDADE_MENDES.htm

G-Unit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by G-Unit on 20.01.15 13:24

Guest wrote:
@jd wrote:Jane Tanner and Russell O'Brien's neighbours in Exeter, James and Charlotte Gorrod, were also having a holiday at the PDL resort at exactly the same time. They arrived in Lagos and took their hire car on 28th April at 20:06pm but never checked into Ocean Club till the 30th April...where did they go for a day? James Gorrod is a property solicitor.
To be more precise, where did they sleep on the nights of the 28th and the 29th of April, before showing up at OC on the 30th?
Two nights, that do not appear to have ever been explained by either Charlotte or James Gorrod, when talking to the press.
Maybe someone borrowed their hire car? A woman who looked somewhat like Jane Tanner, wearing purple as she often did, was apparently seen 'hanging around' outside the McCann apartment at 8pm on 3rd May although an official statement wasn't made as far as I can see. The woman also said she saw a small brown car with 'an English-looking' man in it. Jane texted Charlotte Gorrod that night, it's in her rogatory statement, although she says the text never arrived because Charlotte Gorrod didn't have her mobile in PdL.
http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/100071/EXCLUSIVE-Who-was-the-woman-outside-Maddie-s-flat

Jeremy Wilkins saw Jane Tanner too, wearing purple, when he left to wheel his son around at 8.15 or 8.30pm 
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/JEREMY-WILKINS-ROGATORY.htm

The car hired by the Gorrods was an Opel Corsa, described as blue. Someone reported seeing a grey car near the apartment at 10pm. Grey...blue could be mistaken under street lights.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/MARIA-M-M-DE-SILVA.htm

Still there next morning. could be an Opel Corsair I suppose.

The police were interested in the Gorrod's car, but I don't know what happened next.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/CORRESPONDENCE_RENTAL_CARS.htm

It would be interesting to know if James Gorrod's birthday is actually 4th May as Jane Tanner said.

G-Unit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Robert Murat etc

Post by G-Unit on 20.01.15 13:27

Oops, It was a grey car, not blue.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/James_Gorrod.htm

G-Unit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by joyce1938 on 20.01.15 15:46

We cant be sure the reason the gorrodes did not go straight to their apartment , could have done a couple night s bed and breakfast ,or visited someone there already ,my family often do longer than week and stop over another accomadation ,so that's not really unusual  joyce1938

joyce1938

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joss on 21.01.15 8:52

@joyce1938 wrote:We cant be sure the reason the gorrodes did not go straight to their apartment , could have done a couple night s bed and breakfast ,or visited someone there already ,my family often do longer than week and stop over another accomadation ,so that's not really unusual  joyce1938
I agree Joyce, that is for sure a possibility.

Joss

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The Gorrods...

Post by missbeetle on 11.05.15 20:49

Interesting mumbling by Jane Tanner as to why she had texted the Gorrods -

- on the 3rd of May (20.30) and on the 4th at 09.04.

Jane says that Charlotte went home on the Saturday (back to Exeter) - the 5th?

I believe the Gorrods are this couple in the back of a Portuguese police car on 11 of May :

No statements from this pair in the files that I can find -

- only documents relating to car hire - oh, and an Easyjet confirmation form -

- which has them flying back from Faro to Bristol on May 6th.

My thoughts only.

missbeetle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob on 11.05.15 22:55

@missbeetle wrote:Interesting mumbling by Jane Tanner as to why she had texted the Gorrods -

- on the 3rd of May (20.30) and on the 4th at 09.04.

Jane says that Charlotte went home on the Saturday (back to Exeter) - the 5th?

I believe the Gorrods are this couple in the back of a Portuguese police car on 11 of May :

No statements from this pair in the files that I can find -

- only documents relating to car hire - oh, and an Easyjet confirmation form -

- which has them flying back from Faro to Bristol on May 6th.

My thoughts only.

The Exeter connection? interesting that key witnesses in this case do not have statements that are in the public domain. 

Interesting comments on the thread linked below. I like this one snipped from the thread as it seems to cover all or at least most of the possible scenarios. Plus it also mentions the Soham murders and I think there are some parallels between the cases.

----------

We only have one apparent FACT and that is that their daughter is missing. No evidence yet of abduction. Period. In light of this, the more that time passes with no evidence of her whereabouts then there is only ONE logical line of enquiry. You look at the last person(s) who claim to have seen the child. Remember the 'Soham' murders..........
Options:
1) She was abducted by person(s) unknown. 
2) She was subject to a 'fake' abduction for the purposes of fame and fortune and will magically reappear at some stage.
3) She was subject to a 'fake' abduction for the purposes of fame and fortune and she will not reappear because she was deliberately 'sold'.
4) She was subject to a 'fake' abduction because she was deliberately murdered.
5) She was subject to a 'fake' abduction because she was 'accidentally' killed. This could be temper induced or as a result of child abuse. (My comment - or she had an accident - whether it was an 'accident on purpose' or a genuine accident. And it was covered up because the parents and others wanted to avoid an autopsy - for all sorts of reasons including those below).
6) She was subject to a 'fake' abduction because she died of natural causes. The 'abduction' would be necessary because any autopsy could reveal previous or present child abuse.(My comment and/or would reveal other things such as medical history or being used for medical research purposes that the parents and others are desperate to conceal.)

There. If anyone has any other options I would love to hear them. Cant think what they can be though

http://www.anorak.co.uk/175562/madeleine-mccann/madeleine-mccann-the-exeter-connection.html/

j.rob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Flicked back to Faro...

Post by missbeetle on 12.05.15 8:12

Thank you, j.rob and notlongnow.

No mention anywhere of the Gorrods returning to Portugal to see the Police

for questioning on the 11th - yet that's them in the picture.

The previous day's mystery foreign couple being questioned were these two :

"

I'd say they were in their 50s-60s - they look fairly tanned - marina dwellers...?

My thoughts only.

missbeetle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by notlongnow on 12.05.15 12:07

Think this is Mr Gorrod

http://www.sas.org.uk/trustee/jim-gorrod/

Apologies if it is not the same man.

notlongnow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rufus T on 12.05.15 14:27

Yes notlongnow that is the gentleman in question, here he is on his firms website 

http://www.footanstey.com/news-a-articles/12-people/bio/274-jim-gorrod

missbeetle what makes you think that he and his wife are the couple in the car?

Rufus T

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 12.05.15 15:31

Buried somewhere up-thread I believe reference was again made to the possibility of some kind of secret medical conference held during the Tapas9 sojourn.  I really can't get my head around this idea.

Most quality 5* hotels provide conference facilities these days, offering attendees luxurious facilities (spa pool included) - no expense spared.  What does down town Ocean Club have to offer in this respect?  Cattle class 3rd rate half board accommodation with leisure facilities and a less than adequate child minding service?

If Gez did actually say on the transit bus 'I'm not here to f'ing enjoy myself' (never been quite sure about that), what connection would such a passing comment have on a work related visit?  I would have thought he's be glad to get away from the missus during the day - or maybe that's what he was referring to?  Anyhow, if there was a secret conference why take the whole family along for the ride?

No, doesn't make any sense.

Verdi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joss on 12.05.15 15:56

@Verdi wrote:Buried somewhere up-thread I believe reference was again made to the possibility of some kind of secret medical conference held during the Tapas9 sojourn.  I really can't get my head around this idea.

Most quality 5* hotels provide conference facilities these days, offering attendees luxurious facilities (spa pool included) - no expense spared.  What does down town Ocean Club have to offer in this respect?  Cattle class 3rd rate half board accommodation with leisure facilities and a less than adequate child minding service?

If Gez did actuallysay on the transit bus 'I'm not here to f'ing enjoy myself' (never been quite sure about that), what connection would such a passing comment have on a work related visit?  I would have thought he's be glad to get away from the missus during the day - or maybe that's what he was referring to?  Anyhow, if there was a secret conference why take the whole family along for the ride?

No, doesn't make any sense.
Well if he did in fact say it maybe he was just being a s**t that day? Maybe he had a fight with his wife or something? prior to leaving for PDL, because she wanted him more involved with the kids to take a bit of a load off of her in doing everything, seeing as they were going on vacation? And in having a fight she might have said something to him about it wasn't just him that should be getting a break, and he was having a backhanded dig at her in making that remark?
I don't think there was any secret medical conference, why on earth would a medical conference be secret, doctors do have them don't they?

Joss

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Part of the party...?

Post by missbeetle on 12.05.15 17:58

@Rufus T wrote:Yes notlongnow that is the gentleman in question, here he is on his firms website 

http://www.footanstey.com/news-a-articles/12-people/bio/274-jim-gorrod

missbeetle what makes you think that he and his wife are the couple in the car?

Hello Rufus T -

The chap in the back of the police car looks tall, lanky and appears to have dark red hair and sideburns.

This picture came from a Telegraph article dated 12th August 2007 :

(many thanks to Pamalam)

It's not very clear in this photograph but I reckon Jim Gorrod had sideburns there.

Charlotte Gorrod I have a recollection of as having long blonde hair -

- which the lady in this picture seems to be wearing over her left shoulder :

That's my opinion, anyhow - and I could well be wrong.

missbeetle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rufus T on 12.05.15 22:15

Thanks missbeetle so maybes aye, maybes naw,  it may or may not be the Gorrods.

Rufus T

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 12.05.15 22:26

@Rufus T wrote:Thanks missbeetle so maybes aye, maybes naw,  it may or may not be the Gorrods.
Yet another meddlesome post without substance from missbeetle then.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag on 13.05.15 6:25

I want to know what's wrong with his teeth?

Is he wearing a gumshield?

My thoughts only.

BlueBag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 13.05.15 8:02

@BlueBag wrote:I want to know what's wrong with his teeth?

My thoughts only.
....isn't that the faint shadow of a satanic oblisk surrounding him...if you look closely you can see it around his ears. His tie is interesting too, is that a red tartan? Is this a masonic tie?

My thoughts only.

laughat

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsC on 13.05.15 8:13

@aquila wrote:
@Rufus T wrote:Thanks missbeetle so maybes aye, maybes naw,  it may or may not be the Gorrods.
Yet another meddlesome post without substance from missbeetle then.

My thoughts only.

@aquila wrote:

My thoughts only.
....isn't that the faint shadow of a satanic oblisk surrounding him...if you look closely you can see it around his ears. His tie is interesting too, is that a red tartan? Is this a masonic tie?

My thoughts only.

laughat

Amen! clapping

The measure of a man's real character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out...

Thomas Babington Macaulay

MrsC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Unidentified foreign couple...

Post by missbeetle on 13.05.15 8:15

No worries, Rufus T - 

I'm 60-80% sure, does that help?

missbeetle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 13.05.15 8:17

@missbeetle wrote:

No worries, Rufus T - 

I'm 60-80% sure, does that help?
Hey, you're not Smithman are you missbeetle.   Only joking.  smilie

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum