The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

CPS confirm doctors are above the law and its not in the public interest to prosecute them

View previous topic View next topic Go down

CPS confirm doctors are above the law and its not in the public interest to prosecute them

Post by AndyB on 05.09.13 8:23

AndyB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: CPS confirm doctors are above the law and its not in the public interest to prosecute them

Post by plebgate on 05.09.13 8:29

This is shocking news and cannot be allowed imo. Good on Hunt, keep at it and make them prosecute. They have broken the law, how is it not in the public interest?

Every day when I think I can no longer be shocked by what I hear/read something is reported which gives me goose pimples. SHOCKED to read this.

The decision maker should be sacked pronto imo.

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: CPS confirm doctors are above the law and its not in the public interest to prosecute them

Post by marconi on 05.09.13 11:03

in my opinion, the only person who is above the law is the monarch.
doctors can be tried, convicted etc etc

not of public interest but of the child's interest.
it is a life.

marconi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AndyB on 05.09.13 14:10

Unfortunately we don't live in Marconi-world and, as much as I might agree with your sentiment, it has absolutely no bearing on the reality of the situation, which is that the CPS are unwilling to prosecute doctors irrespective of the evidence of their guilt. Surely you can accept the implication that this has on the reality of what is happening with the investigation in Portugal?

AndyB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 05.09.13 14:34

The CPS acknowledged, following a 19-month inquiry, that there was sufficient evidence to warrant a prosecution with a “realistic prospect of conviction”. But it told police that a “public interest test” had not been met.
Unquote

That would appear to apply in the McCann case as well imo. It also seems to be a rather 'elastic' term based on an official assessment of the public good. Not exactly democratic imo.

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Google.Gaspar.Statements on 05.09.13 14:55

Dr Shipman was prosecuted, to name but one.

Google.Gaspar.Statements

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AndyB on 05.09.13 19:12

What Shipman has been convicted of is a million miles different from what Doctors Sivaraman and Mohan have been investigated for & what Doctors McCann have been accused of and I think my point is very valid, particularly given the doubt surrounding the sincerity of the Met investigation. If it helps with your perspective, imagine that the title of this thread is "CPS confirm doctors are above the law and its not in the public interest to prosecute them unless the charge is mass-murder"

AndyB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by marconi on 05.09.13 21:31

@AndyB wrote:Unfortunately we don't live in Marconi-world and, as much as I might agree with your sentiment, it has absolutely no bearing on the reality of the situation, which is that the CPS are unwilling to prosecute doctors irrespective of the evidence of their guilt. Surely you can accept the implication that this has on the reality of what is happening with the investigation in Portugal?
AndyB, I believe that the CPS are talking doctors handeling in their profession, neglect during an operation, irresponsibility during a treatment, wrong medicines.
If England does not punish doctors for those happenings, it is a terrible country. The USA punish every doctor who does wrong, see Michael Jaackson's.
In Europe it is also the case: punishment.

Portugal is  a case of parents who  by chance are doctors, but who were irresponsible, neglect, selfish, and the girl died.  Murder or not, they will pay for it.

If the McCanns were free of punishment, they would not look so old and destroyed now. They know that they are in bad sheets and scared to death.

marconi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Letterwriter on 05.09.13 21:34

@Google.Gaspar.Statements wrote:Dr Shipman was prosecuted, to name but one.
Yes, eventually.

After many many people's concerns had been ignored.  The undertakers, the coroner - all ignored - and I doubt they spoke up lightly.  He was only properly looked at when the irregularities were screaming from the rooftops and the police had no choice but to look into it.

Heck, even the locals in that area had twigged that something was wrong.

So, yes, he was investigated and prosecuted - but it was a long time coming and it was reluctant

Letterwriter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum