The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

**SYRIA** Rebels admit THEY used chemical weapons, NOT Assad (was: Petition on PM's website)

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: **SYRIA** Rebels admit THEY used chemical weapons, NOT Assad (was: Petition on PM's website)

Post by Woofer on 29.08.13 19:30

@Angelique wrote:I too have signed the Petition.

I have to agree that Sky and the BBC are just spouting the Governments propaganda.

I was taking my son to work this morning and accidentally eject my cd and it went on to Radio 4. News. I don't know the name of the interviewer but he was speaking to the Syrian Ambassador. He asked him why the Syrian Government was using chemical weapons. The Ambassador started to reply that there was no proof that the Syrian Government were using chemical weapons and it is totally without evidence to accuse them of doing so. While he was trying to reply the interviewer kept interrupting him and raising his voice over the Ambassador. It was extremely rude but the Ambassador didn't flinch. He tried again and again to make his point and he finally ended the interview after the interviewer said he was only trying to get the Truth. The Ambassador told him that they were a civilised country, in fact, far more civilised that the western countries. I think he said their civilisation was 6,000 years older than ours. Its worth listening to, if only for an example of how nasty and authoritarian the BBC is or has become.
You don`t have to remind me how nasty and authoritarian the BBC interviewers are (except Eddie Mair - he`s quite nice). In the mornings John Humphreys is one of the worst for not letting people have a chance to answer. A couple of nights ago a woman interviewer (can`t remember her name) was interviewing a man who was against the badger cull and her tone and attitude was despicable - I switched off in disgust.  I`ve also been disgusted how Anita Anand speaks to some callers on the Any Answers programme if they don`t tow the party line.  Its meant to be unbiased but she`s certainly not and has no hesitation in expressing it.

Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: **SYRIA** Rebels admit THEY used chemical weapons, NOT Assad (was: Petition on PM's website)

Post by Tony Bennett on 29.08.13 22:09

Thanks to those who've signed the petition - it is but a small statement, however, of a huge amount of popular opposition to our declaring war on Syria and bombing it.

And our politicians have the gall to say it's for 'humanitarian reasons'.

There have been some great speeches in the House of Commons today.

I do not say that the greatest is by George Galloway, but I am going to put up a YouTube link of his 7-minute effort in the House today:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vz60pA4njOQ&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DVz60pA4njOQ&nomobile=1

I would like to add that I depart from George Galloway's remarks about Israel towards the end of the video. There are other reasons why I would not normally advocate hanging on every word Galloway says.

BUT he has articulated the case against dropping bombs on Syria very well.

WARNING: Some graphic comments in the middle about the sheer brutality of the Syrian 'rebels' - why, why, why are we supporting them?

Final comment: We are to drop bombs on Syria because it is 'highly likely' that Assad used chemical weapons on 21 August.

So, nothing like proof. We do not even have 'compelling evidence'. The UN Inspectors have not reported yet.

I believe 'they' will find a way round all the objections and they will bomb Syria in a few days. I also think Miliband will change his mind by Monday

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 29.08.13 22:31

"Prime Minister David Cameron has put his case for military action against Syria to British MPs, but has conceded intelligence that the regime used chemical weapons is not "100% certain".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-23883427

2103 comment to date ...

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 29.08.13 22:32

"I believe 'they' will find a way round all the objections and they will bomb Syria in a few days. I also think Miliband will change his mind by Monday"

But can you imagine the uproar from the public if they did actually go ahead - when approx. 80% of the public are against it ?  Cameron would be ruined - he`s already being called Blair`s Heir.  He would be no less than a dictator.

Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll on 29.08.13 22:41

The government motion has been defeated in the HOC. DC has lost control of foreign policy, says Sky News.

I just hope that whatever the UK does, it acts to help the people of Syria in a useful way.

I hope also that the desired diplomatic solution can work, if there is another CW attack I think a military intervention is inevitable.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

View user profile

Back to top Go down

GOVERNMENT DEFEATED!

Post by Tony Bennett on 29.08.13 22:45

Government DEFEATED!

Parliament votes 285 votes to 272 AGAINST even the principle of using military action against chemical weapons in Syria.

Cameron sent planes to Cyprus earlier in the week and had been ready to drop bombs on Syria by the weekend!

I can scarcely believe it, but I still think 'they' will find a way around this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-23892783

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by listener on 29.08.13 23:05

@Tony Bennett wrote:Government DEFEATED!
but I still think 'they' will find a way around this:
Today, I have often seen poll results that between 78% and 91% of the British population are against the UK attacking Syria without UN backing.
Not sure - but I think the coalition will need to listen!

Edit - added
Phillip Hammond (spokesman) has just stated that the PM is 'disappointed' - but will listen to the British people ! (about time).

listener

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll on 29.08.13 23:09

Michael Gove has gone nuts acc to twitter and Sky News, Gove shouting that Assad was being supported and  Gove had to be told to cool it......

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 29.08.13 23:37

Still totally shocked that 272 MPs actually voted for the action - that`s one hell of a lot of warmongers.

Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 29.08.13 23:56

@russiandoll wrote:The government motion has been defeated in the HOC. DC has lost control of foreign policy, says Sky News.

I just hope that whatever the UK does, it acts to help the people of Syria in a useful way.

I hope also that the desired diplomatic solution can work, if there is another CW attack I think a military intervention is inevitable.
russiandoll, you wrote:  "I just hope that whatever the UK does, it acts to help the people of Syria in a useful way".

I agree, and to be fair, the UK government is at least doing its fair share, if not more, by assisting the U.N. and Syria's neighbours with a huge refugee programme, as hundreds of thousands of Syrians have fled from the country, mostly to Turkey.

And let's be honest, the only sane policy in this insane civil war for anyone living near the conflict zone is to get out quick - to a safe zone, or even another country.

Let's face it, Syria was no worse than any other Arab state - and better than many - it was well run, up to a point.

The rebels picked a fight.

They are supported by Jew-hating Islamists and Al Qa'eda. Al Qa'eda supporters appear to be in the thick of it. The news media have for 2.5 years fed us with a diet of 'Assad brutality' etc. etc. but they don't seem to wnat to tell us about the awful atrioities committed by these rebels.

Each side has its backers. The Syrians have Hezbollah and Iran. The rebels have Al Qa'eda, Saudi Arabia and others (and, if the truth be told, some not-too-subtle backing already from the US and Britain).

Over and above that, it is Shi'a Muslims against Sunni Muslims. They have a vsiceral hate for each other.

I think Assad and his supporters are Alawites. The Sunnis hate them even more than ordinary Shi'a Muslims.

If I thought that dropping even a few targeted bombs on Syria would really do any good, I would support it.

Besides that, even dropping a few bombs can have unforeseen consequences.

The rebels picked a fight.

Let them win it, or be defeated.

What we can do is assist all those Syrians who want out of this conflict and need food and shelter away from it.

British democracy is in a fragile state.

But we have seen it in action tonight

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeandmirrors on 30.08.13 7:35

Slightly off on a tangent here, but every time there is an incident of this nature in the world, there is an issue which a rarely gets a full public airing or debate.

Many countries are involved in trading arms. There are people being paid a wage to design and create weapons. Someones job is to design devices that will slaughter huge numbers of men women and children. Someone is making huge amounts of money from designing things which end up killing innocent children. When are these murderers-by-proxy ever held to account?

And the world acts shocked when the slaughter begins. Selling arms to some of these backward nations is like handing a petrol can and a box of matches to a toddler. What I see here is the same on a much bigger, more horrific scale. And then the politicians all jump up and down arguing what they should do about it, trying to shut the stable door after the horse is long gone.

Sometimes I think we look at life through an obscured lens.

Smokeandmirrors

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike on 30.08.13 8:13

@Woofer wrote:We flippin` better get proof - and not sexed up proof either - reckon there will be hell to pay for the government if they don`t.  I heard on R4 last night, the Eddie Mair programme, a replay of the speech Blair gave before bombing Iraq - my goodness, was it eerie.  Maybe the BBC played it on purpose just to remind people how we all got conned by this man.
Talking of Blair, how ironic is it for a warmonger to become a peace envoy.

Mike

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 30.08.13 9:07

The ugly truth behind Obama's Syria plan

Targeted strikes to punish Assad will only perpetuate the conflict – and that's exactly what the American government wants
By Nicky Woolf Published 29 August 2013 11:44

http://www.newstatesman.com/international-politics/2013/08/ugly-truth-behind-obamas-syria-plan

Back to top Go down

Rebels Admit Responsibility for Chemical Weapons Attack

Post by Tony Bennett on 30.08.13 21:51

Infowars is hardly the most reliable source of information, but I'm posting this here FWIW:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Rebels Admit Responsibility for Chemical Weapons Attack

Militants tell AP reporter they mishandled Saudi-supplied chemical weapons, causing accident

Paul Joseph Watson
Infowars.com
August 30, 2013

Syrian rebels in the Damascus suburb of Ghouta have admitted to Associated Press journalist Dale Gavlak that they were responsible for last week’s chemical weapons incident which western powers have blamed on Bashar Al-Assad’s forces, revealing that the casualties were the result of an accident caused by rebels mishandling chemical weapons provided to them by Saudi Arabia.

[ Image: YouTube ]

“From numerous interviews with doctors, Ghouta residents, rebel fighters and their families….many believe that certain rebels received chemical weapons via the Saudi intelligence chief, Prince Bandar bin Sultan, and were responsible for carrying out the (deadly) gas attack,”writes Gavlak.

Rebels told Gavlak that they were not properly trained on how to handle the chemical weapons or even told what they were. It appears as though the weapons were initially supposed to be given to the Al-Qaeda offshoot Jabhat al-Nusra.

“We were very curious about these arms. And unfortunately, some of the fighters handled the weapons improperly and set off the explosions,” one militant named ‘J’ told Gavlak.

His claims are echoed by another female fighter named ‘K’, who told Gavlak, “They didn’t tell us what these arms were or how to use them. We didn’t know they were chemical weapons. We never imagined they were chemical weapons.”

Abu Abdel-Moneim, the father of an opposition rebel, also told Gavlak, “My son came to me two weeks ago asking what I thought the weapons were that he had been asked to carry,” describing them as having a “tube-like structure” while others were like a “huge gas bottle.” The father names the Saudi militant who provided the weapons as Abu Ayesha.

According to Abdel-Moneim, the weapons exploded inside a tunnel, killing 12 rebels.

“More than a dozen rebels interviewed reported that their salaries came from the Saudi government,” writes Gavlak.

If accurate, this story could completely derail the United States’ rush to attack Syria which has been founded on the “undeniable” justification that Assad was behind the chemical weapons attack. Dale Gavlak’s credibility is very impressive. He has been a Middle East correspondent for the Associated Press for two decades and has also worked for National Public Radio (NPR).

Saudi Arabia’s alleged role in providing rebels, whom they have vehemently backed at every turn, with chemical weapons, is no surprise given the revelations earlier this week that the Saudis threatened Russia with terror attacks at next year’s Winter Olympics in Sochi unless they abandoned support for the Syrian President.

“I can give you a guarantee to protect the Winter Olympics next year. The Chechen groups that threaten the security of the games are controlled by us,” Prince Bandar allegedly told Vladimir Putin, the Telegraph reports.

The Obama administration is set to present its intelligence findings today in an effort prove that Assad’s forces were behind last week’s attack, despite American officials admitting to the New York Times that there is no “smoking gun” that directly links President Assad to the attack.

US intelligence officials also told the Associated Press that the intelligence proving Assad’s culpability is “no slam dunk.”

As we reported earlier this week, intercepted intelligence revealed that the Syrian Defense Ministry was making “panicked” phone calls to Syria’s chemical weapons department demanding answers in the hours after the attack, suggesting that it was not ordered by Assad’s forces.

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 30.08.13 22:39

This needs to be tweeted.  I don`t have enough followers for it to get out there.

Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by whmon on 31.08.13 17:41

The beginning of the end?

http://www.thetunistimes.com/2013/08/opinion-america-needs-a-third-world-war-and-the-starting-point-is-syria-78637/#

They say that WW1V will be fought with sticks and rocks

This message is confidential and the information must not be used, disclosed, or copied to any other person who is not entitled to receive it. If you have received this message in error please notify the sender and then delete it.

whmon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum