The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

**TRIAL/HEARING** McCann v Amaral starts Mon 9th Sep 2013 - says Daily Star in press report 26/8/13

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: **TRIAL/HEARING** McCann v Amaral starts Mon 9th Sep 2013 - says Daily Star in press report 26/8/13

Post by aiyoyo on 28.08.13 10:13

@PeterMac wrote:http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/334979/Madeleine-McCann-detective-faces-court
By Daily Star Reporter/Published 28th August 2013

Portuguese Goncalo Amaral, 52, is being sued for £1million in libel damages by Kate and Gerry McCann, both 45.

The civil case in Lisbon will be adjourned on September 13 and will then continue on September 19 and 20.

Madeleine vanished just days before her fourth birthday from her family’s holiday apartment in the Algarve resort of Praia da Luz on May 3, 2007.
Very detailed about the dates.  From where are they gleaning their information ?
"Will be adjourned on September 13 ......?"

Last year's dates surely, where it was adjourned for out of court negotiations.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: **TRIAL/HEARING** McCann v Amaral starts Mon 9th Sep 2013 - says Daily Star in press report 26/8/13

Post by plebgate on 28.08.13 10:26

YesI think you are right Aiyoyo. Still can't believe that the libel trial will go ahead when there is to be a new police investigation taking place on Portugese soil.

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Montclair on 28.08.13 11:16

@plebgate wrote:YesI think you are right Aiyoyo.   Still can't believe that the libel trial will go ahead when there is to be  a new police investigation taking place on Portugese soil.  

I think that the dates are incorrect because AFAIK the defendent has not even been informed. The libel trial is not dependent on any investigation and will take place regardless.

Montclair

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Woburn_exile on 28.08.13 11:40

Post Deleted

Please refrain from posting libellous posts. Thank you.

Woburn_exile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 28.08.13 12:01

@plebgate wrote:YesI think you are right Aiyoyo.   Still can't believe that the libel trial will go ahead when there is to be  a new police investigation taking place on Portugese soil.  

How can anything adjourn before it even starts, and without a reason for adjournment, so logically it must have been past year dates.

Especially if the Portuguese Judiciary is aware of the potential of a criminal trial in the near future where Madeleine disappearance is concerned then it would be prudent on their part to delay the libel proceedings to avoid jeopardy complication. Especially since we get the impression the writing is pretty much on the wall where the libel is concerned.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 28.08.13 12:14

Dunno, could be a pre-trial, pro-forma sitting. That one taking place a week before a two days trial starts.
It's Portugal. Let's wait for one of our Pt members  to explain it   roses Any volunteers? roses

Back to top Go down

for marconi

Post by lj on 28.08.13 14:30

Marconi, I am sorry you never read my arguments for my opinion that I believe the whole SY is a whitewash. The fact that you haven't read it does not mean it does not exist.

Marconi
About the person who approached me and I didn't reply: the approaching was not pollite, by the way very impolite and aggressive for my feelings
Aggressive Marconi, like this:

lj, is being pessimist the aim of your life?
The big revelation will take place very soon. And even if the case gets solved, you will find a way to crash it.
or this:

some people have a  necessity to nurtere negativisme,  feeling a great plesure on expressing it.
their hobby is paranoia which starts sounding very tiring.
even if the McCanns land behind bars, which will happen, they will not be content because they are not used to feel that way.
what will be the use for them, if the police solve this case, if they keep mistrusting everything?
It looks like on this forum believing that this SY review is going to lead nowhere is an opinion that is not permitted. Like marconi post here:

Sometimes I wonder if some people here are the McCanns themselves,  trying to convince us that it is a white wash.
Yes , I know it does not even make sense why a McCann would post here that it is a whitewash. Marconi is not the only one though that post that nonsense.

Or the constant baiting like this:

Trainer, you are a bright person. of course it is not a white wash and it has never been.
why are some publications being so difficult towards the Met police? Other blogs are publishing their own negativisme about the Scotland Yard.
everything is very official.  a war or nerves for the mccanns and others.  why so negative comments here?  we must be happy with what is going on.  it was not necessary to publish about the request.  
it has a goal itself.   Who knows some people of interest wiill come forward now.
they will experience it as threats from overseas.   very  good.

There are rules to be obeyed and procedures to be followed.
Sometimes I wonder if some people here are the McCanns themselves,  trying to convince us that it is a white wash.
It is not.
The PJ would see it right away and they would not collaborate with the Met police.
There has always been light at the end of the tunnel, both police knew it, otherwise they would  not have started the review.
Not only Britain but also Portugal are fed up of the McCanns. The British government want to get rid of them and fortunately the PJ got rid of them in 2008.

As you can see I am not the only one asking for a bit more background:

marconi wrote:
I believe the breakthrough is about to happen and it will come from Algarve. From somebody who took part in the disappearance, helping hiding the body.Or at least knowing where the body is.
When it happens in Algarve, arrests will be made in the UK too.
And there is also the possiblity that new witnesses evidence is coming from Tapas 7, that prefers being  witnesses than  suspects.
They must be fed up of helping the McCanns.
PeterMac wrote:
I hope you are right, but do you have anything more than just a 'belief' to go on.  Have you spotted other signs ?
marconi again:
No, Petermac, unfortunately I didn't, but it is a question of reasoning. Portugal accepts again the Yard, this time an investigation,  and I don't believe its detectives are going there only to waist their time. They know what they are doing, they are ready to promote some people from persons of interest to formal suspects and even to arrest them. I believe both police are ready for this step.

I am sorry , I have 2 very sick family members and will not be posting much.  I would love to go over all the unsubstantiated statements you have made here, but I really don't want to spend more of my precious time on you.

edited to fix some quotes

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

lj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 28.08.13 16:30

HERE WE GO, HERE WE GO, HERE WE GOOOO!
https://twitter.com/JerryLawton

Jerry Lawton‏@JerryLawton1h
@ProfilerPatB @SarahJSymonds @NancyGraceHLN MetPolice in UK has spent 2yrs and £5m reviewing original investigation & launched own inquiry
Jerry Lawton‏@JerryLawton1h
Madeleine McCann's parents' libel case against Goncalo Amaral due to take place in Lisbon on September 12/13 & 19/20, court says #McCann
Judy Truly‏@TrulyJudy732h
@JerryLawton Thank goodness. It will be good to get it over and done with. Good luck Kate & Gerry #McCann
Details
pippa‏@PippaBrownp292h
@TrulyJudy73 @JerryLawton yes let's hope Gonc turns up for this one and doesn't get *cough* ill again #McCann
Details
Judy Truly‏@TrulyJudy731h
@PippaBrownp29 @JerryLawton Who knows with that horrid little creep of a man. He will slither out of it if he can #McCann
Details
Colin‏@Colin546376411h
@TrulyJudy73 @PippaBrownp29 @JerryLawton Judy, obviously I don't know the guy personally but he could have backed down years ago. He didn't.
Details
pippa‏@PippaBrownp291h
@TrulyJudy73 Of course he will. He doesn't have a fat hairy leg to stand on ;-) #WretchedMan #McCann
Details
Colin‏@Colin546376411h
@TrulyJudy73 @PippaBrownp29 @JerryLawton Wait and see what the lawyers and judges say, not the internet 'experts'. #mccann
Details
Christine Stewart‏@CsChristine661h
@JerryLawton #McCann --- Good luck Mr Amaral :)
Details
Christine Stewart‏@CsChristine661h
@PippaBrownp29 @TrulyJudy73 @JerryLawton #McCann --- He would have had to prove that he was ill else he would have had to show
Details
Mumbles‏@Mumblingaway1h
@CsChristine66 @JerryLawton - I couldn't agree with you more. All the very best of luck Mr Amaral. May truth and justice prevail. :-)
Details
Judy Truly‏@TrulyJudy731h
@PippaBrownp29 I don't think the little fat runt does either but who knows with Portuguese weird laws #McCann
Details
pippa‏@PippaBrownp291h
@TrulyJudy73 IMO #McCann's libel case strengthened by NSY investigation - goes against EVERYTHING Gonc has ever claimed happened that night.
Details
pippa‏@PippaBrownp291h
@CsChristine66 @TrulyJudy73 @JerryLawton I genuinely hope he does turn up and doesn't come up with more excuses. #McCann
Details
Judy Truly‏@TrulyJudy7337m
@PippaBrownp29 Indeed it does and "HALLELUJAH" for that. Portugal will know the world is watching and waiting the outcome. #McCann
Details

Just a few 'comments'!

Wondered WHY all the 'crap' going on about 'baby Maddie' on US tv!

Now you know WHY!

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 28.08.13 16:52

Yes, Baby Maddie was left to babysit her two siblings........because her parents did not want strangers to mind her!
Same strangers they left her with during her waking hours.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Montclair on 28.08.13 20:00

From what I have been told, the defendent hasn't been informed of any trial dates yet. And I'm sure that he wants to get this over as soon as possible too.

Montclair

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 28.08.13 20:03

@Montclair wrote:From what I have been told, the defendent hasn't been informed of any trial dates yet. And I'm sure that he wants to get this over as soon as possible too.
So do I, Montclair.
Little birds whispering in my ear ...

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 28.08.13 20:42

ir"[color=#ff3333]]From what I have been told, the defendent hasn't been informed of any trial dates yet. And I'm sure that he wants to get this over as soon as possible too.[/quote]
Very odd, what if his lawyers aren't available if they have not been informed of the dates? Will there be another six month wait?

This whole thing is baffling to me. If the libel hearing does take place and new evidence comes to the fore, SY may end of solving the criminal case well before the 2 year time line. Very interesting times to come by the looks of things.

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Who?What?Where? on 29.08.13 1:21

Cherry Blossom wrote:“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.��?/FONT>
 Thank you for that reminder, Cherry Blossom. A true lesson from history.

What, on earth, is the point in having a history, if you are not going to learn from it, and then try,very hard,  to not make the same mistake's, again?

The whole thing just seem's pointless, if you do not, at least, attempt that.

Who?What?Where?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 29.08.13 8:32

@Montclair wrote:From what I have been told, the defendent hasn't been informed of any trial dates yet. And I'm sure that he wants to get this over as soon as possible too.
There is no Defendant in a libel hearing.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Montclair on 29.08.13 11:04

@PeterMac wrote:
There is no Defendant in a libel hearing.
Please explain! Isn't Gonçalo Amaral the defendant in the libel trial since he is the one who is being sued? Whether he is or not, he should at least be informed well ahead of time of the date of the hearing.

Montclair

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 29.08.13 12:06

He is the Respondent.
Defendant in criminal cases.

But it doesn't matter.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Montclair on 29.08.13 14:02

@PeterMac wrote:He is the Respondent.
Defendant in criminal cases.

But it doesn't matter.
Thank you for the information. In Portugal a libel case can go through either the civil court or the criminal one and the McCanns chose the civil one. I think it was because they could ask for more money.

Montclair

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 29.08.13 14:56

@Montclair wrote:
Thank you for the information. In Portugal a libel case can go through either the civil court or the criminal one and the McCanns chose the civil one. I think it was because they could ask for more money.
That would not surprise me !!

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 29.08.13 15:38

@PeterMac wrote:
@Montclair wrote:
They can ask all they like, they ain't going to get ANY!
Aren't they 'offering' GA money to drop the 'trial'?

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Seek truth on 30.08.13 7:00

@jeanmonroe wrote:
@PeterMac wrote:
@Montclair wrote:
They can ask all they like, they ain't going to get ANY!
Aren't they 'offering' GA money to drop the 'trial'?
sarcastic 

They should offer HIM money for writing the book, keeps Madeleine on people's minds! The book doesn't specifically say they killed her, besides, others say that, but their not being sued.

If they think he wrote the book for money, because he is greedy etc, its  wrong to think this because:

HE COULD HAVE MADE EVEN MORE MONEY!!!! by writing something else. BUT, NO, HE WANTED IT TO BE TOLD THE TRUTHFUL  WAY. To show he worked the correct way in this case.

Don't tell me!!! that's  why he named it TRUTH OF THE LIE?
duh

Seek truth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tasprin on 30.08.13 17:15

From the McCanns statement in 2009
"The primary reason for our legal action is simple: to stop any negative effect that these absurd and deeply hurtful claims may be having on the ongoing search for Madeleine. We can no longer stand back and watch as Mr Amaral tries to convince the entire world that Madeleine is dead. Nor can we allow this blatant injustice to Madeleine, with its obvious risk of hindering our attempts to find her, to continue”

Since May 2007 the McCanns have travelled the world meeting dignitaries, visiting shrines and giving interviews to every available media outlet on the planet. They’ve also flitted in an out of Portugal on numerous occasions for interviews, to meet lawyers, promote their book and see friends, but despite all this, and after years of legal wrangling trying to nail Amaral, including court hearings, adjournments, angry interviews denouncing the man and a small fortune in pursuit of him, they’re don’t want to face him in court. Given their reasons for the legal action against him that’s more than odd as they claim they began proceedings because ‘The Truth of the Lie’  hinders the search for their daughter and is a ‘blatant injustice to Madeleine’. Surely, if the parents genuinely believe their daughter has been dealt such a blow by this man they’d be there in person? They’ve had no hesitation putting their case in person to a succession of TV studios around the world, so why not do so in a court room -- especially since they‘ve said in the past that it’s a matter for a court of law, not the media. Now’s their chance and they don‘t want to take  it.

How much pressure will be exerted on the media on how they report the case?

tasprin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jassand on 31.08.13 10:12

I noticed that the report about the upcoming trial in the Daily Star has been "amended" and the word "disgraced" before "detective" Amaral has been whooshed. I wonder why that is. I hope my email to the editor about biased reporting helped.

Jassand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell on 31.08.13 14:49

@Jassand wrote:I noticed that the report about the upcoming trial in the Daily Star has been "amended" and the word "disgraced" before "detective" Amaral has been whooshed.  I wonder why that is.  I hope my email to the editor about biased reporting helped.
Might have!  Well done smilie

Cristobell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum