The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

+++ 6 MONTH suspended jail sentence for Chris Spivey +++ (was: Chris Spivey radio interview about Madeleine McCann)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

+++ 6 MONTH suspended jail sentence for Chris Spivey +++ (was: Chris Spivey radio interview about Madeleine McCann)

Post by bristow on 21.08.13 1:22

Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere.

Chris Spivey discusses his views on Madeleines disappearance, although Stephen Birch is mentioned, he discusses other aspects of the case, which the majority of us on this site will agree with.
Interesting interview although he does swear occasionally. smilie 

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/conspiracy-this-week/2013/08/20/conspiracy-this-week-with-chris-spivey-part-2

ETA, actually it's a very good interview indeed, they are discussing the case for nearly an hour,  I'm surprised Chris and the interviewer haven't been sued, although there's plenty of time yet.

bristow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: +++ 6 MONTH suspended jail sentence for Chris Spivey +++ (was: Chris Spivey radio interview about Madeleine McCann)

Post by plebgate on 21.08.13 8:53

Thanks for posting will listen later.

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: +++ 6 MONTH suspended jail sentence for Chris Spivey +++ (was: Chris Spivey radio interview about Madeleine McCann)

Post by Guest on 21.08.13 13:44

@bristow wrote:Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere.

Chris Spivey discusses his views on Madeleines disappearance, although Stephen Birch is mentioned, he discusses other aspects of the case, which the majority of us on this site will agree with.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/conspiracy-this-week/2013/08/20/conspiracy-this-week-with-chris-spivey-part-2

ETA, actually it's a very good interview indeed, they are discussing the case for nearly an hour,  I'm surprised Chris and the interviewer haven't been sued, although there's plenty of time yet.
Good find bristow, not seen this before, Spivey saying it like it is.

I didn't know about West Germany commisioning a report into people living near/around nuclear power station's are more at risk of getting cancer. GM was in charge of a British report, which came back saying no it doesn't happen it's safe. Has Spivey said West Germany must have a different nuclear power, imo GM was/is working for the powers that be.

A good interview discussing other important aspects of the case. 

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 22.08.13 7:01

I didn't know Mr. was an expert on Nuclear Power.

Will be interesting to hear if Spivey gets a letter from Carter Fruck.

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 22.08.13 7:41

CP is even worse on the radio than on his blog.
He is taking Birch's story as gospel, accepts the six experts backing up Birch's story, experts so shy we've never seen their names.
States as a fact Birch has found a grave. This is impossible to determine with GPR anyway. Best one can do is irregularities.

Spivey states that Kate went off to India to check a sighting which is 100% untrue and so on.

Spivey is the archetypal man in the pub, 'knows it all mate!'

Birch is a confidence trickster - sorry, wasn't prepared to spend 90 minutes listening to manure.
CP just likes the sound of his own voice.

Birch never answered technical questions of mine and imo all he knows about GPR can be written on a stamp.

Murat's garden was checked by the PJ and later by Eddie and Keela.

End of Spivey for me - a mine of misinformation.

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 22.08.13 8:26

@tigger wrote:CS  {Chris Spivey] is even worse on the radio than on his blog.

He is taking  Birch's story as gospel, accepts the six experts backing up Birch's story, experts so shy we've never seen their names.
States as a fact Birch has found a grave. This is impossible to determine with GPR anyway. Best one can do is irregularities.

Spivey states that Kate went off to India to check a sighting which is 100% untrue and so on.

Spivey is the archetypal man in the pub, 'knows it all mate!'

Birch is a confidence trickster -  sorry, wasn't prepared to spend 90 minutes listening to manure.

CS just likes the sound of his own voice.

Birch never answered technical questions of mine and imo all he knows about GPR can be written on a stamp.

Murat's garden was checked by the PJ and later by Eddie and Keela.

End of Spivey for me - a mine of misinformation.
No disrespect to those who in good faith have brought this interview to our attention, but I am in 100% agreement with everything that 'tigger' has said about Spivey. And she didn't even mention his gratuitously foul language.

Truth be told, Spivey fell for Birch's absurd story hook, line and sinker, and was probably flattered that Birch had sought him out. Whereas Birch moves from one person to another hoping desperately that someone wil take him seriously.

Spivey may sometimes get some things right. But there is so much utter garbage in there that one simply can't recommend anyone to visit his site. He made it embarrassingly clear that he knows virtually nothing about the facts surrounding Madeleine McCann's reported disappearance.

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 22.08.13 9:35

I don't visit his site often but I shall continue to look in as I do like some of his blogs and the comments can be very funny.

Royalists and Tories, I would maybe heed Tony's advice - the site may not be to their liking.

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 22.08.13 9:40

thumbsup Tigger and Tony - sounds like a comic duo!

Using gutter language repeatedly is never acceptable in my book - reminds me of another one whose author thought otherwise but that's another (fictional) story! - and, as for anyone who believes Stephen Birch, words absolutely fail me.

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 22.08.13 9:44

Agree about language NFWTD - if it weren't for that I would visit his site every day.

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 22.08.13 10:23

For any recent members who don't know, Stephen Birch was a member here from July to October last year, both in his real name and LEACHATE. I recommend a look at his posts - go to those names on the membership list and then on to statistics.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 22.08.13 12:34

Agree with you all about the swearing, poor command of the English language, imo he writes some very good articles, shame he has to pepper them with expletives.

100% agree tigger, KM never went to Leh in Northen India. If Stphen Birch or Spivey could show the actual reports of those six experts then I maybe inclined to look at them, however I would not take any of them at face value.

NFWTD, I remember Stephen Birch posting here, imo he just wanted a platform to spout about his supposed findings, failing miserably though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 22.08.13 15:30

@plebgate wrote:I didn't know Mr. was an expert on Nuclear Power.

Will be interesting to hear if Spivey gets a letter from Carter Fruck.  
I don't think he's an expert on nuclear power, but was advising on the effects of radiation, it is difficult to get a handle on this. The information if it was on the internet has gone, imo GM has covered his back well or someone has done it for him regarding his work history.

A thought provoking video from 5 yrs ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LclKfAQ0mYE

Anybody heard of Mr Woolfall or Ernie Allen?

Back to top Go down

Post by susible on 22.08.13 18:36

Well Ernie Allen was the CEO for the National Centre for Missing and Exploited children until 2012 , though there are many people who reckon that he's nothing but a scam artist.  Gerry McCann went to Washington to meet him a few weeks after Madeleine went missing, to find out more about their work, though how he expected an American organisation to help is anyone's guess.

Alex Woolfall is the head of crisis management for Bell Pottinger group, who represented the Ocean Club in 2007 when Madeleine went missing and I think advised the McCanns as well.

I think you'll find links to both of these people on mccannfiles

susible

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 22.08.13 20:23

@susible wrote: [...]
Alex Woolfall is the head of crisis management for Bell Pottinger group, who represented the Ocean Club in 2007 when Madeleine went missing and I think advised the McCanns as well.
[...]
If I'm not mistaken Alex Woolfall left Bell Pottinger to go the EMEA and is now consultant to ... Coca Cola ...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 22.08.13 20:29

Oh ... and - again - if I'm not mistaken, he's gone to live in Sitges, Catalunya, Spain. Anyone know Sitges? I do ... big grin 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 22.08.13 20:31

Mods: If I'm jesting too much [after having a wonderful meal and a sturdy Bordeaux], please remove winkwink

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 23.08.13 8:06

Châtelaine wrote:Oh ... and - again - if I'm not mistaken, he's gone to live in Sitges, Catalunya, Spain. Anyone know Sitges? I do ... big grin 
Yes I do. And I imagine Pinkie Mitchell does too.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 23.08.13 10:15

@susible wrote:Well Ernie Allen was the CEO for the National Centre for Missing and Exploited children until 2012 , though there are many people who reckon that he's nothing but a scam artist.  Gerry McCann went to Washington to meet him a few weeks after Madeleine went missing, to find out more about their work, though how he expected an American organisation to help is anyone's guess.
The $200,000 settlement, which will create the Trenton John Duckett Irrevocable Trust for the sole purpose of locating the missing boy, must still be approved by a federal judge.
The trust will stipulate that if Trenton is found alive prior to his 13th birthday, the remaining proceeds will be overseen by a trustee until Trenton turns 18 -- at which time the remaining funds will be at his disposal. If the boy is not found by his 13th birthday, or is not found alive, the money will be given to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.

The $200.000 money will go to NCMEC.
Gerry and Kates FAVOURITE 'charity' in USA.

Run by this 'fraudster'
http://www.ncmec.eu/page.php?Id=45

Ernie Allen Testifies Before U.S. Congress,

ADMITS to Four Hundred Cases of Missing Child FRAUD

Dateline: Washington, DC, 2 December 2009

Mr. Ernie Allen, President and Chief Executive Officer of the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (USA) and its wholly owned affiliate, the International Centre for Missing and Exploited Children, dropped a bombshell today before the Tom Lantos Human Rights Commission of the United States Congress.

ADMITS that four hundred (400) children being falsely advertised by the American center, right now, as though they were "missing".
Mr. Allen is personally raking in nearly one million U.S. Dollars ($1.000.000,00) annually

ETA: The same Ernie Allen that the EX ceo of CEOP, Jim Gambel (sic), was DEFENDING on twitter recently!

What's that saying?
Oh, yeah 'WE'RE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER!'
Certainly, Jim and Ernie are anyway!.

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 23.08.13 11:26

Thanks for info susible, chatelaine

snipped from Mccannfiles 

"Myself and my wife Kate have been in contact with the centre almost since the day Madeleine was abducted," said Gerry.

Why would they be in contact with American centre so early on?  they really have mixed with unscrupulous people, Like for like. Could be where he learn't to set up deceit of the fund.

Justine McGuinness was with him, wonder who payed for the trip?

jeanmonroe, thanks for the Jim Gamble Ernie Allen connection, I didn't know about that

Ernie Allen, Libel and conspiracy:

http://bringvarvarahome.org/ernie_allen.php

Well imo they've certainly had a good teacher.

Back to top Go down

Spivey gets 6-month suspended jail sentence

Post by Tony Bennett on 27.08.15 15:44

@bristow wrote:Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere.

I didn't agree with what 'bristow' said about Spivey then, and neither do I now.

Like Sonia Poulton, he gave Stephen D. Birch a platform to spout his nonsense. And, worse, Spivey believed him.  

Spivey got a six-month jail sentence today (27 August), suspended for two years, for saying that those two Islamists never killed Lee Rigby. His statements were deemed to have harassed Lee Rigby's family:

Sentencing him to six months in prison suspended for two years, District Judge John Woollard said: "I have been a district judge for 17 years and very rarely I come across conspiracy theorists like you.

"Experience tells me it's pointless telling you you are wrong because you believe I am part of the conspiracy.

"You totally fail to accept that what you were doing had a profound and shattering effect on the family.

"They had been thrust into the public eye and were bereaved in a terrible way and then they're contacted by somebody like you making the most ridiculous comments and claims.

"All because sitting in your bedroom in Rochford you come to the conclusion that MI5 and various other organisations are conspiring to mislead the public.

"You will be convinced until you die that you are right and everyone else is wrong."

The judge also made Spivey subject to a restraining order banning him from posting on blogs or social media and contacting Fusilier Rigby's family.

Fusilier Rigby, from Greater Manchester, was murdered as he returned to his barracks in Woolwich, south-east London, on May 22 2013.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/13629766.Internet_troll_escapes_jail_for_harassing_Lee_Rigby_s_family_after_saying_soldier_s_murder_was_made_up/

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag on 27.08.15 16:18

Regardless of whether Spivey was right or not, this is a very slippery slope.

It seems we must believe what we are told or go to jail - based on some vague "someone felt harassed" wimpy charge.

I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
Voltaire

Adding this Daily Mail article - Mod:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3212837/Internet-troll-52-posted-sick-claims-Lee-Rigby-s-murder-conspiracy-spared-jail-harassing-soldier-s-family.html

BlueBag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Lee Rigby Internet Troll Spared Jail

Post by AlexBG on 01.09.15 21:17

From http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-34075075

Lee Rigby internet troll spared jail

An internet troll who claimed the murder of Lee Rigby was a conspiracy has been spared jail.

Christopher Spivey, of Rochford, Essex, posted a series of comments on social media saying that Fusilier Rigby's killing was made up to provoke anti-Islamic feelings.

At Chelmsford Magistrates' Court, the 52-year-old denied harassment and sending grossly offensive messages.

He was given a six month prison term suspended for two years.

Fusilier Rigby, from Greater Manchester, was murdered as he returned to his barracks in Woolwich, south-east London, on 22 May 2013.

'Disturbing and sick'

Prosecutor Simon Bravey said Fusilier Rigby's mother, Lyn Rigby, was the first to be alerted to Spivey's Facebook posts.

In a statement read to the court, Mrs Rigby said she found his claims "extremely disturbing and sick".

Spivey also posted the family's home addresses and private photographs and made direct contact with the family.

He contacted Fusilier Rigby's sister, Sarah McClure and claimed her husband, Rob, also a soldier, and Fusilier Rigby were the same person.

Mrs McClure said this left her fearing that her family could be targeted by extremists.

Spivey made the bizarre claims on a website alongside expressing doubts as to whether the Tunisia beach massacre and the Glasgow bin lorry deaths happened.

Judge Woollard said: "Families are understandably distressed to have lost loved ones and then find themselves subject to these claims."

Solicitor Miss Williamson, mitigating, said that Spivey did not accept his guilt and plans to appeal against his conviction.

She added: "It may have been unpleasant but it's not at the most serious end of harassment."

AlexBG

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum