The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Jon Corner doing nicely - Page 2 Mm11

Jon Corner doing nicely - Page 2 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Jon Corner doing nicely - Page 2 Mm11

Jon Corner doing nicely - Page 2 Regist10

Jon Corner doing nicely

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Jon Corner doing nicely - Page 2 Empty Re: Jon Corner doing nicely

Post by Cristobell 12.08.14 13:28

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:A bit off topic so apologies in advance.

As a child (many moons ago) I had a book on etiquette which was even older than me. The "correct" way to address a married woman was as Mrs John Smith - women's liberation was a very long way off.

I remember even as a child feeling very indignant and thinking this wasn't right.

I remember those days lol, and even as a working woman, I had to get my husband's signature to buy a hifi on the never never from the Co-op! Grrrrr

I have been a MZZZZZ (Margaret Rutherford style) very firmly and categorically for years and I make a scene if they call me Mrs (as if that is flattering), grrr, don't get me started, I'm off for a coffee before I burn me bra  Mr
Cristobell

Activity : 2552

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12.08.14 13:32

As comparatively recently as the early 1970s I was told that I must get a man (even a complete stranger off the street) to countersign my application to rent a TV.

I'll start a new topic if anyone is interested in talking about the old days.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt 12.08.14 13:32

As a child (many moons ago) I had a book on etiquette which was even older than me. The "correct" way to address a married woman was as Mrs John Smith - women's liberation was a very long way off.

I remember even as a child feeling very indignant and thinking this wasn't right.

When I get unwelcome phone calls, and the male on the other end of the phone asks me "is that Miss or Mrs". I reply (because cold calls really rub me up the wrong way  notlistening ) I reply, "why do you ask females if they are a Miss or a Mrs, when they don't ask males if they are Master or a Mr"

Rant over!
sallypelt

Activity : 5319

Back to top Go down

Post by Justformaddie 12.08.14 15:52

missbeetle wrote:Jon Corner doing nicely - Page 2 <a href=Jon Corner doing nicely - Page 2 Mit_zps2f09fbf8 Jon Corner doing nicely - Page 2 <a href=Jon Corner doing nicely - Page 2 Mit1_zps196b4916

Pop a leather jacket on Jon, and you could have yourself another Mitchell brother.

(off-topic - but does anyone remember years ago Ross possibly getting whacked over by Rebekah?)

Another Corner oddity - his wife is yet another lady keeping her maiden name.

The only picture of her I've seen is this one -

Jon Corner doing nicely - Page 2 <a href=Jon Corner doing nicely - Page 2 T6_zpsd8450d3e
You've got a mention on twitter missbeetle!

Activity : 541

Back to top Go down

Post by Hicks 12.08.14 16:31

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:As comparatively recently as the early 1970s I was told that I must get a man (even a complete stranger off the street) to countersign my application to rent a TV.

Hope it's ok to post this link here. Please remove if not.

Quite funny at first ....but then you realise that this WAS real life back then... grrrrr!

http://memolition.com/2013/07/15/vintage-sexist-ads-32-pictures/.

Activity : 1005

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer 12.08.14 18:44

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:As comparatively recently as the early 1970s I was told that I must get a man (even a complete stranger off the street) to countersign my application to rent a TV.

Yes I`d be interested NFWTD - seeing those old adverts that Hicks posted has got me fuming - was it really that bad?
Woofer
Woofer

Activity : 3508

Back to top Go down

Jon Corner doing nicely - Page 2 Empty Back to the naughty Corner...

Post by missbeetle 13.08.14 0:51

I don't think Princess Michael sounds right, either!

...sorry for off-topic.

Has anyone ever seen Jon Corner in real life?

Or been to his swanky media-deals bar, The Landing? -

Jon Corner doing nicely - Page 2 <a href=Jon Corner doing nicely - Page 2 5t6_zpsa4318b57
(photograph clipped from venturevillage.eu)

The Lynsey Fryatt article from the source above, entitled 'A Tale of Two Cities' has Madeleine's godfather as :

"...Jon Corner, charismatic Chief Executive...".

His charms have completely bypassed me.

missbeetle

Activity : 1093

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse 25.11.16 10:42

Woofer wrote:Putting this here from July last year - he`s certainly turning into a Fat Cat.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/business/media/cable-visits-landing-mediacityuk-5068174

Jon Corner doing nicely - Page 2 LandingNews9-5068170
"a virtual circle" 
https://youtu.be/EOb9RmIcci0

Robert Murat talking to David Jones, Daily Mail, 02 June 2007
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-459316/Madeleine-Is-Robert-Murat-suspect-scapegoat.html
MayMuse

Activity : 3472

Back to top Go down

Post by rubendogel 23.02.17 21:33

I actually know what Jon was paid for here, I worked in the building and he came and spoke to use about how media city was created, he actually helped develop the entire concept which would explain the consultancy work before his full time wage there.

and the bar on the 7th is a 'members' bar but anyone can wander in and have some food, its pretty piss poor ut they do a decent breakfast
rubendogel
rubendogel

Activity : 1

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top