The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Breast feeding in public swimming pool

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Breast feeding in public swimming pool

Post by plebgate on 18.08.13 9:03

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breast feeding in public swimming pool

Post by Smokeandmirrors on 18.08.13 20:13

As a mother myself, I have absolutely no qualms whatsoever in saying that these women repulse me to the core.

Why?

It's nothing to do with performing a natural function, but everything to do with the utter arrogance and assumption that their choices and behaviours are more valid than those around them. I've met SO many women at toddler groups and at school who, merely by dint of having produced offspring, become totally selfish and ignorant to the rights of others. Their behaviour is utterly embarrassing and sets a dreadful example to their children, who are invariably snotty nosed and badly behaved. Yuk.

Smokeandmirrors

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 19.08.13 6:31

Imo many of these types of mothers behave during and after the pregnancy as if the personally have done something incredibly clever.
They are promoting their need to be admired for what they see as a personal achievement.

Breastfeeding in public is plain bad manners. It tells us that our feelings don't count ifor the same reason those babies at a later age have to express themselves by running round a restaurant.

The only achievement for a mother is to bring up her children to have consideration and respect for others so they will be able to get on in life.

This isn't about breast feeding, it's about entitlement. The peasant's mantra.

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeandmirrors on 19.08.13 7:21

I was at a school church service, and there was one of those mothers there, whose baby was being rather raucous, and rather that just go outside to quieten the baby so the rest of us could actually hear our children read their bits, she gave it a loud rattle! I nearly exploded.

Smokeandmirrors

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 19.08.13 7:47

@tigger wrote:Imo many of these types of mothers behave during and after the pregnancy as if the personally have done something incredibly clever.
They are promoting their need to be admired for what they see as a personal achievement.

Breastfeeding in public is plain bad manners. It tells us that our feelings don't count ifor the same reason those babies at a later age have to express themselves by running round a restaurant.

The only achievement  for a mother is to bring up her children to have consideration and respect for others so they will be able to get on in life.

This isn't about breast feeding, it's about entitlement. The peasant's mantra.

The mother is bad mannered, making an issue of it to exploit the situation. Maybe she's expecting monetary compensation. There are enough of those kind around, sad to say.

Breast feeding in the public can be done in a more private corner. She could easily have moved out of the Pool and chose a private corner to settle her baby.

If she wasn't embarrassed to breast feed her infant in the Pool, making a spectator of herself in front of all the other children in the pool, why should she be embarrassed when told to desist ?

Most people even if out of no choice had to breast feed in the public would have something to cover up their breast. They use their top or an extra piece of material draped over the shoulder to shield the activity from prying eyes. She would be in her swim wear inside the pool so one would assume she has no extra apparel on her to make a modest attempt to cover up her exposed breast.

If a man were to be caught exposing himself in a public pool, all hell will break loose, and the Police will be summoned immediately.
Why does she feel it is her god damn right to expose her breast to all and sundry in the public pool just because she's a mother and has a mother duty ? Beggars belief !

I am surprised this nonsense even make news. What a waste of column!

The Management had since apologised and it seems it is not good enough for her.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 19.08.13 9:33

I'm glad that others share my reservations; this is a subject which can provoke a heated debate and I have in the past been greeted with extreme hostility for saying more or less the same as Carole Malone.

As for those Z-list celebrities who feel the need to share the news with us that they are breast-feeding - how I wish they'd shut up!!

It's nobody else's business - GO AWAY!

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 19.08.13 9:45

Re. the link NFWTD posted about the mother knowing her rights about breast feeding in the jacuzzi. "Knowing her rights" sums it up nicely imo.

Most pools if they have a jacuzzi attached will normally have a notice up saying that under 5's are not allowed in the jacuzzi and I think that is right and proper. Jacuzzi's are a well known breeding ground for horrible things and I would not sit in one if they paid me.

Sitting a 9 month old in a jacuzzi and wanting to breastfeed is I believe not the best thing to do and most of the jacuzzi's are mixed sessions. Deffo not right imo.

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 19.08.13 10:04

Urinating and defaecating are as natural activities as is breastfeeding.
As are, incidentally, copulating and masturbating !

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 19.08.13 10:09

I meant to add that there are many people who know all about their rights but nothing about their responsibilities.

The louder they shout when taken to task over their bad manners says it all about them.

There was a story a few years ago when someone (might have been Bill Oddie but am not sure) stopped a school play because of the disruption caused by babies in the audience. He asked the parents to take them out. Presumably there must have been complaints for the story to have made the papers.

Whatever happened to consideration for those around you? I say that every time I'm on public transport and the combined din of screaming headphones, children and people shouting on phones has me getting off and walking. Not to mention - why, when there are a dozen people getting off at the next stop, do they think they all have to ring the bell to alert the driver?

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeandmirrors on 19.08.13 16:35

It's all part of the new "norm" of me, me, me and bollox to everyone else!! 

The result of which, as seen in a pair of infamous whatnots, is the existence of forums like this.

Smokeandmirrors

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum