The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Joana Morais - The PJ will conduct the questioning that was requested by the English police - 14/8/2013

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Joana Morais - The PJ will conduct the questioning that was requested by the English police - 14/8/2013

Post by Guest on 22.08.13 20:11

IMO [and IMO only] the "Fund" is going to be their Nemesis.

Back to top Go down

Re: Joana Morais - The PJ will conduct the questioning that was requested by the English police - 14/8/2013

Post by Praiaaa on 22.08.13 20:22

Chatelaine - yes - I agree... if they could have just left it and vanished into obscurity, IMO they would have been home & dry, but IMO it will be the 'Al Capone' 'postal fraud' type scenario that will bring them down...

Praiaaa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 22.08.13 20:41

Praiaa: "postal fraud", "tax evasion", or in this case IMO "fund fraud". Money is so much more easy to pin than evidence for a little girl to vanish ...

Mind: I do not "hate" them. I just want justice for that little girl. A girl, none of us ever knew, but who's grown close to our hearts. There's no vengeance. It's about justice to be done.

Back to top Go down

Post by AndyB on 22.08.13 20:51

@russiandoll wrote:quote  " If, as Goncalo Amaral believes, she died due to an accident there are no charges at all for the McCann's to answer in the UK."

Concealing a body, setting up a fraudulent fund, perverting the course of justice ? Are you sure of your claims re no case to answer in the above scenario ?
The key part of the quote above is "in the UK".

Concealing a body. Definitely a crime, but it didn't happen in the UK (unless you're suggesting that they managed to smuggle the body back somehow). It is therefore not in the jurisdiction of the English (or Scottish) courts
Setting up a fraudulent fund. If you refer to my replies to Marconi above you'll see the reasons why I think that it is unlikely that a fraud has been committed but in a nutshell its because the company has done exactly what it was set up to do. Companies make all sorts of outlandish claims about their business - its called advertising - but its extremely rare for the courts to regard it as anything more than "sales puff"
Perverting the course of justice. I'm not certain that this is an offence unless its a conspiracy to pervert the course of justice (i.e. it involves two or more people conspiring together) but regardless, any justice that has been perverted is Portuguese justice and is therefore no concern of the English courts.

I'm not making moral judgements here and I'm not saying what I think should happen. I'm only voicing an honestly held opinion that, regrettable as it is, I don't think there's anything that the McCanns can be prosecuted for IN THE UK. The only possibilities that I can see are manslaughter if Madeleine's death was caused by a blow by either of the parents or some sort of fraud for the fund but I think both are unlikely in the extreme, particularly as neither are what the Met are investigating

AndyB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 22.08.13 21:14

@ AndyB:
"I don't think there's anything that the McCanns can be prosecuted for IN THE UK."
I repeat [excuses] that IF the McCs knew that madeleine was dead, the "fund" is a fraud and can be prosecuted IN THE UK. IMO

Back to top Go down

Post by AndyB on 22.08.13 21:30

Châtelaine wrote:@ AndyB:
"I don't think there's anything that the McCanns can be prosecuted for IN THE UK."
I repeat [excuses] that IF the McCs knew that madeleine was dead, the "fund" is a fraud and can be prosecuted IN THE UK. IMO
I know that's your opinion Chatelaine, and I don't seek an argument with you, but I disagree. You are talking from a logical and moral perspective, both of which I agree with, but I am talking from a legal perspective and the law is neither moral nor logical. (I should point out here that I have absolutely no legal qualifications whatsoever but speak only from years of experiencing the frustrations of the English legal system not providing what any sane, rational human being would describe as justice)

Incidentally, I emphasised the phrase "in the UK" because both Marconi and Russiandoll were replying as if the phrase didn't exist and it's quite an important part of the point that I was making. I'm not sure why you felt the need to do the same in reply to me

AndyB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey5 on 22.08.13 21:55

What about the crime in India, the so-called "honour killing" of Surjit Kaur Athwal a British Sikh woman who was murdered in India but the trial was held at the Old Baily in London.

Is this not similar in that the crime was committed abroad but the perpetrators were tried in the country that they lived in and that the victim also lived in?

"

Bachan Kaur, A 70-year-old grandmother was facing the prospect of dying behind bars yesterday after a landmark case in which she was found guilty of plotting the "honour killing" of her daughter-in-law.
Bachan Athwal, one of the oldest women in Britain to be convicted of murder, decided to "get rid" of Surjit Kaur Athwal, 27, by luring her to India after she had an affair.
Surjit, a customs officer described by her family as an "enthusiastic mother and a happy sister" is believed to have been strangled in the Punjab and her body dumped in the river Ravi in December 1998. Her body has never been found and details of the plot only came to light when her Indian-born mother-in-law boasted that she had got a relative to kill her."

"The mother-in law was given a minimum of 20 years without parole, and the husband a minimum of 27 (subsequently reduced on appeal to a minimum of 15 and 20 respectively)."

Why would it be impossible for the McCanns to be charged and tried in this country?

Casey5

View user profile

Back to top Go down

law

Post by marconi on 22.08.13 22:08

Laws are flexible and authorities both countries are willing to solve this case.  England belongs to the EU and I believe that both countries want to do everything for justice for Madeleine. If I am right, British pedophiles who commit  sex crimes  in Asia can be convicted in the UK.
I know cases where European terrorists were sent to the USA to be judged there.
Maddie's case has a high(international too) profile and the public demand justice.

marconi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AndyB on 22.08.13 22:21

@marconi wrote:Laws are flexible and authorities both countries are willing to solve this case.  England belongs to the EU and I believe that both countries want to do everything for justice for Madeleine. If I am right, British pedophiles who commit  sex crimes  in Asia can be convicted in the UK.
Maddie's case has a high(international too) profile and the public demand justice.
Laws are not flexible. If you mean that police forces are flexible in whether to apply the law or not then I agree that it happens, but there is not sufficient flexibility to allow a police officer in (e.g.) France to decide to investigate and prosecute a crime in (e.g.) Austria.

The Portuguese would like to solve the case but I'm not convinced that the corrupt and institutionally racist Met are motivated in the same way.

The UK's membership of the EU is irrelevant.

If the UK government wanted justice for Madeleine they wouldn't have interfered in the original investigation the way that they did.

I believe that you're correct about the sex crimes committed abroad but how is that relevant the Madeleine McCann case? As I understand it Bigamy, murder, manslaughter, offences against the official secrets act and certain sex crimes are the only crimes that, when committed abroad, can be tried in the UK. Which of these do you suspect the McCanns of committing?

AndyB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

UK

Post by marconi on 22.08.13 22:27

@AndyB wrote:
@marconi wrote:Laws are flexible and authorities both countries are willing to solve this case.  England belongs to the EU and I believe that both countries want to do everything for justice for Madeleine. If I am right, British pedophiles who commit  sex crimes  in Asia can be convicted in the UK.
Laws are not flexible. If you mean that police forces are flexible in whether to apply the law or not then I agree that it happens, but there is not sufficient flexibility to allow a police officer in (e.g.) France to decide to investigate and prosecute a crime in (e.g.) Austria.

The Portuguese would like to solve the case but I'm not convinced that the corrupt and institutionally racist Met are motivated in the same way.

If the UK government wanted justice for Madeleine they wouldn't have interfered in the original investigation the way that they did.

I believe that you're correct about the sex crimes committed abroad but how is that relevant the Madeleine McCann case? As I understand it Bigamy, murder, manslaughter, offences against the official secrets act and certain sex crimes are the only crimes that, when committed abroad, can be tried in the UK. Which of these do you suspect the McCanns of committing?
Darling, you don't need an answer, do you?

marconi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Old Baily

Post by marconi on 22.08.13 22:33

I hope that this will be solved very soon, before it becomes Extremely Old Baily.spin

marconi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by marconi on 22.08.13 22:37

@marconi wrote:
@AndyB wrote:
@marconi wrote:

Barking dogs too.

marconi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on 23.08.13 1:23

Sounds like someone had too much Baileys.

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

lj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

test

Post by marconi on 23.08.13 7:47

test

marconi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

again?

Post by marconi on 23.08.13 7:49

again a week-end without any news?

marconi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 23.08.13 10:21

Are BHH's 'elites' in Portugal right now, or are they still packing their 'cossies' and on 'standby' waiting for the GO!,GO!,GO! from Bernie?
What did the THIRTY EIGHT Met Police 'elites' do yesterday to find Madeleine?

'DRESSING UP' AS ORANGE PICKERS, IN THE SY POLICE CANTEEN, DOSEN'T COUNT!

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

?????????????

Post by marconi on 23.08.13 16:33

longer than 6 years on.
are we anywhere?

marconi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Back to top