The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

Regards,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

McCann Family group of 26 - Turkey trip June 2007

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: McCann Family group of 26 - Turkey trip June 2007

Post by russiandoll on 13.08.13 1:08

Was this an extended-family trip to Turkey? A very large number of travellers mentioned. Regardless, I find it astounding that Gerry's sister would still go on this holiday after what had happened, whoever her travelling companions were. If it is the same Phil McCann, and it seems that it is, a very odd thing to do under the circumstances, unless there was some idea to use a planned break to get a wider message out re Maddie. Nothing about that anywhere that I can see, so appears to be a long- planned holiday going ahead. Very sad imo given what had allegedly happened.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 13.08.13 1:28

o/t

I wonder is there a freaky chance Sandy Cameron (Pat's hubby) is remotely related to Dave Cameron?

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 13.08.13 2:12

@russiandoll wrote:Was this an extended-family trip to Turkey? A very large number of travellers mentioned. Regardless, I find it astounding that Gerry's sister would still go on this holiday after what had happened, whoever her travelling companions were. If it is the same Phil McCann, and it seems that it is, a very odd thing to do under the circumstances, unless there was some idea to use a planned break to get a wider message out re Maddie. Nothing about that anywhere that I can see, so appears to be a long- planned holiday going ahead. Very sad imo given what had allegedly happened.
It certainly looks like it was that kind of group package holiday booked and paid in advance where if you cancel at last minute you cant get a refund or very little of it. It would appear none of them chose to forfeit their money so went ahead with it despite the tragic circumstances.
Is it a question that they value money more important than a missing young relative, or a case they already knew -- that the child was beyond help, not a question of findable through search. She's gone so might just as well stick to the planned holiday. I believe they knew. Even so, how they can be in the right mind to enjoy their holiday is a mystery. Perhaps they were not close to Kate & Gerry, never have been or have very little or nothing to do with them in their daily lives so didn't want to hang around the arrogant and controlling pair to watch or participate in their charade.

We have never seen Kate or Gerry family members appearing with them during their Press and Media Campaign have we?

On Gerry's side, Phil Mccann and Brian Kennedy were used as mouthpiece and mostly spin to the Press, but were never actively involved in the Search Campaign, as in appearing publicly together with the pair to do the appeal.
Even on Kate's side, Grandma Healy TV appearance was a solo thing not about appeal rather to defend Kate and Gerry.

Come to think of it, none of the family members was involved proactively or actively in the search campaign or the physical search. That speaks volume.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 13.08.13 8:31

Didn`t John McCann give up his job with the Astrazeneca drug company to help out? I believe he also arranged for the large advertising board to travel from Scotland to Portugal to raise awareness.

Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 13.08.13 8:59

That isn't confirmed, Woofer.

http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/john-mccann/11/589/304

He doesn't mention it on his LinkedIn profile and we know how honest people are on those, don't we!!

It does seem more likely that he was only on extended compassionate leave.

Back to top Go down

Post by jozi on 13.08.13 9:17

Does anybody remember the sighting of Maddie where she was being carried on the back of a family of dark haired people, a blond child with dark haired family ? Turned out it wasn't Maddie but what Country was it and what date ?

I'm thinking could this sighting be linked to Turkey and what date was it ???

jozi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 13.08.13 9:22

@jozi wrote:Does anybody remember the sighting of Maddie where she was being carried on the back of a family of dark haired people, a blond child with dark haired family ? Turned out it  wasn't Maddie but what Country was it and what date ?

I'm thinking could this sighting be linked to Turkey and what date was it ???

No, it was Morocco

Morocco girl ‘is not Madeleine’

Tuesday 25 Sep 2007 9:30 pm
[url=javascript:void(0);][/url][url=javascript:void(0)][/url]

The photograph of ‘Madeleine McCann’ that sparked fresh hopes

Hopes that a blonde girl photographed in Morocco could be Madeleine McCann were dashed after British journalists said they had tracked her down.

http://metro.co.uk/2007/09/25/morocco-girl-is-not-madeleine-174865/

Back to top Go down

Post by jozi on 13.08.13 9:34

Thanks candyfloss,I could not remember what Country it was,but knew it was a very early sighting !!!

jozi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 13.08.13 9:36

@Woofer wrote:Didn`t John McCann give up his job with the Astrazeneca drug company to help out? I believe he also arranged for the large advertising board to travel from Scotland to Portugal to raise awareness.
 I too have wondered about the billboard, how did it get there, who paid for it and further from that when and who brought it back?

The Truth about the Billboard:

http://madeleinemccann.org/2008/1730/the-inflatable-billboard-the-true-story/

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 13.08.13 11:48

Cherry Blossom wrote:
@Woofer wrote:Didn`t John McCann give up his job with the Astrazeneca drug company to help out? I believe he also arranged for the large advertising board to travel from Scotland to Portugal to raise awareness.
 I too have wondered about the billboard, how did it get there, who paid for it and further from that when and who brought it back?

This billboard, to me, is more about advertising the News of the World, than about Madeleine McCann.

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 13.08.13 12:04

@sallypelt wrote:
Cherry Blossom wrote:

This billboard, to me, is more about advertising the News of the World, than about Madeleine McCann.
 I agree, they made sure their's was bigger. Madeleins hair looks realy long or is it me?

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on 13.08.13 14:28

Cherry Blossom wrote:

Another example of "how we scare the shît out of your children, just because we did not bother to care for ours".

All just my opinion of course.

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

lj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by windchime on 13.08.13 15:44

The more I think about this thread the more it seems to start to make sense.

52 days since a family members 3 year old child has been allegedly abducted, 26 members of the missing childs father family, some of whom are as close as brothers and sisters, jet off on a family holiday in the sun leaving the distraught brother and his wife to deal with their grief, media attention, solicitors, being interviewed by the police, campaigning for the return or information leading to the return of the child and not knowing what tomorrow will bring.

The parents up until this time have had their faces (by their own doing) on every TV screen and newspaper throughout the world since the day the girl went missing, daily interviews, trips to see the Pope, visits back to the UK (saving a mans life and having your wallet stolen and then returned).  They have had phone calls from the then Prime Minister, visits from Ambassadors, a Government spokesman appointed to speak on their behalf ... and so it goes on.

No one at this point in time unless they have been in a coma or on another planet will not have heard about MBM and seen the parents on TV or in newpapers, magazines etc.. The fund has been set up, posters appear everywhere and they still insist 50+ days in that they do not believe she has come to any harm even though they tell us that they believe she was taken by a paedophile gang!

So, off go the 26 family members to sun themselves, drink wine round the pool, eat out late, partake in activities such as swimming and dare I say tennis, have beauty treatments and relax and we see not one, even teeny weeny, campaign from Turkey, not one.  Why?

The only thing I can come up with is that someone, be it a family member, a partner of a family member or a friend that joined them is a known face and could potentially blow apart the MBM has been abducted story.  Who, I have no idea but I just cannot understand why it would be that otherwise they would not have decided to use the trip to their advantage and publicly push the MBM campaign whilst they were there.  Free media attention, free access to holiday makers and not forgetting the fact that they would probably in some way have benefited  while they were there with perhaps room upgrades for a little bit of time away from the media attention, after all this family are going through it somewhat! 

There must be someone connected to the McCanns or a family member that must not under any circumstances be seen, someone that perhaps the average person in the street would not give a second glance to but with all the attention this story was getting and is still getting someone on a wider scale and in the know could have easily recognised them and put 2 and 2 together.  All just IMO!!

windchime

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 13.08.13 16:51

They did nothing whilst they were in PdL either. I think they were just relaxing very much like the McCanns did, jogging, the odd party, photo opportunities. 

They looked relieved to me, the worst was over, their new life could begin. 
The family - already sure of the Ltd. Co. which  would refund them any outlay of theirs on behalf of TM, were no doubt ready for a break after a period of stress leading up to the 3rd may. Perhaps if the family had been helping financially they'd been re-embursed . 

I can't see any reason for a 'well-known' face to be in Turkey with them.

Entirely my opinion of course ...

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll on 13.08.13 17:03

quote windchime    :    26 members of the missing childs father family, some of whom are as close as brothers and sisters, jet off on a family holiday in the sun 

unless I have missed something [ in which case could somebody please direct me to it ?]  where is the evidence that this was a holiday for 26 members if the McCann clan?
 Don't get me wrong, I still maintain that to go ahead with this long planned break was a strange thing to do under the circumstances, it might have been a simple question of balance paid and every penny forfeited with a late cancellation. Still, not what most siblings would do under such awful circumstances imo.

I read only about a group of 26, is there an e mail somewhere where Phil describes this as a big family holiday?

Thanks.

unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 13.08.13 19:15

It's hard to imagine that they could all be McCann relatives.

Unless we're talking obscure cousins many times removed, the only living ones apart from John, Phil, Gerry and Trish are Granny McCann and one sister Jacqueline who sensibly keeps out of the limelight.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 13.08.13 20:41

That's Madeleine's aunt, whose boyfriend was killed ... ?
http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/press/2jun7/NOTW_03_06_2007.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 13.08.13 21:19

That's right. I did know about that one interview but, otherwise Jacqueline has, as far as I'm aware, never commented on the case or appeared in public with any of her family.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance De Boils on 13.08.13 21:45

@russiandoll wrote:quote windchime    :    26 members of the missing childs father family, some of whom are as close as brothers and sisters, jet off on a family holiday in the sun 

unless I have missed something [ in which case could somebody please direct me to it ?]  where is the evidence that this was a holiday for 26 members if the McCann clan?
 Don't get me wrong, I still maintain that to go ahead with this long planned break was a strange thing to do under the circumstances, it might have been a simple question of balance paid and every penny forfeited with a late cancellation. Still, not what most siblings would do under such awful circumstances imo.

I read only about a group of 26, is there an e mail somewhere where Phil describes this as a big family holiday?

Thanks.
No, we don't know that the rest of the group were family. We only have Phil, her partner and the Camerons. No idea who the other 22 were. Perhaps the title I gave this thread is a little misleading in that regard, for which I apologise.

eta: There has never been any mention of the Turkey trip by anyone connected to this case afaik. I just stumbled across the info.

Lance De Boils

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wjk on 13.08.13 21:49

I seem to remember reading, years ago, that she went on a school trip.
But then again, if this was a school trip, why would she take her partner and sister and her partner?

wjk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance De Boils on 13.08.13 22:06

@wjk wrote:I seem to remember reading, years ago, that she went on a school trip.
But then again, if this was a school trip, why would she take her partner and sister and her partner?
 No.
Many moons ago, when I first brought this to the attention of forumland, I remember a couple of posters suggesting a school trip.

However my take on that was (and still is) that it's very doubtful; the hotel is billed as a 5 star, all-inclusive resort - not the usual sort of destination for school trips.
Also, Phil doesn't work in the same place as the Camerons.
Even IF it was a school trip, under the circumstances, I'd have thought it perfectly reasonable for them to have swapped their places on it with other members of the staff, who I'm sure would have been more than willing to help.

According to its website, the resort has "a conference hall, 2 meeting halls and one business center." I wonder if use was made of these facilities by the group?

eta: Phil DID go on a school trip, to Brussels, I think. Possibly around the 100 day mark? Can't remember. Definitely not Turkey.

Lance De Boils

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll on 13.08.13 22:16

I had not read about this before LdB, so thanks for bringing this to my attention. Twitter is ref this topic and of course the rabid pros are up in arms.

Libel, Turkey trip discussed a long time ago and it was not as presented here. Libel! Libel !

If we have the correct Phil McCann, then she was part of a large group who took a Summer break in Turkey. Seems simple to me. Why are the supporters of the parents so incensed by mention of this trip and the reasonable opinions expressed here that it was a very strange thing to do.

unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wjk on 13.08.13 22:24

@Lance De Boils wrote:
@wjk wrote:I seem to remember reading, years ago, that she went on a school trip.
 No.
Many moons ago, when I first brought this to the attention of forumland, I remember a couple of posters suggesting a school trip.

However my take on that was (and still is) that it's very doubtful; the hotel is billed as a 5 star, all-inclusive resort - not the usual sort of destination for school trips.
Also, Phil doesn't work in the same place as the Camerons.
Even IF it was a school trip, under the circumstances, I'd have thought it perfectly reasonable for them to have swapped their places on it with other members of the staff, who I'm sure would have been more than willing to help.

According to its website, the resort has "a conference hall, 2 meeting halls and one business center." I wonder if use was made of these facilities by the group?

eta: Phil DID go on a school trip, to Brussels, I think. Possibly around the 100 day mark? Can't remember. Definitely not Turkey.
 Thanks LDB.
Just thought I'd throw it in the mix as I remembered a school trip way back in the past, being mentioned.

wjk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance De Boils on 14.08.13 15:21

@russiandoll wrote:  
I had not read about this before LdB, so thanks for bringing this to my attention. Twitter is ref this topic and of course the rabid pros are up in arms.

Libel, Turkey trip discussed a long time ago and it was not as presented here. Libel! Libel !

If we have the correct Phil McCann, then she was part of a large group who took a Summer break in Turkey. Seems simple to me. Why are the supporters of the parents so incensed by mention of this trip and the reasonable opinions expressed here that it was a very strange thing to do.
 I distinctly remember the furore on the fora when it was first discussed, a long time ago.

Libel? How? Merely pointing out what is publicly available FACT can not be libel!  [Isn't that right, Kevin?]

Nobody's accusing anybody of anything, other than going on holiday! titter 

Just shows how little certain quarters understand about what libel is. fool

Lance De Boils

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll on 14.08.13 17:28

Yes,  how is it libel to say that a person went on a holiday if that is the case?

What is libel is the pros saying that Amaral believed that Maddie's parents killed her.
    They need to get their facts straight too. Redwood has never said that he believes Maddie is alive.  He has stated it as a possibility [ let us all hope that is the case].
 Why would he be running a parallel investigation on the basis that she is, to quote AR, " sadly dead "?

That is all the energy I am going to expend on the rabid cult followers of the parents.

unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum