The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

10 year campaign for "Miscarriage of Justice" ends - with a confession

View previous topic View next topic Go down

10 year campaign for "Miscarriage of Justice" ends - with a confession

Post by PeterMac on 08.08.13 9:20

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/420533/Killer-finally-admits-guilt-after-spending-a-decade-claiming-he-was-innocent
Killer finally admits guilt after spending a decade claiming he was innocent

A KILLER has finally admitted his guilt after spending 10 years claiming he was the victim of a miscariage of justice.

Benjamin Russell Thu, August 8, 2013

Simon Hall, 35, was convicted and jailed for life in 2003 for the murder of Joan Albert, 79, in her home in Capel St Mary, Suffolk.
She had been stabbed five times and was found in her hallway on December 16, 2001.
He had protested his innocence ever since, launching a series of appeals, winning the backing of MPs and appearing in the BBC documentary Rough Justice.

But now it has emerged Hall, previously of Hill House Road, Ipswich, had admitted his guilt to prison authorities, bringing his campaign to an end.
A Suffolk Police spokesman said: "Over the 10 years since Hall's conviction there have been a number of appeals and campaigns which have asserted that Simon Hall was wrongfully convicted of Mrs Albert's murder.
"These events and the related uncertainty have undoubtedly exacerbated the suffering Mrs Albert's family have had to endure since Joan was murdered.
"We sincerely hope that Simon Hall's admissions to having committed this brutal crime will in some way enable the family to move on with their lives."

In a statement issued to the East Anglian Daily Times, Mrs Albert's relatives said: "During the last 10 years the publicity surrounding the appeals has been very distressing for our family, making moving on impossible, but we would like to thank Suffolk Police, including (retired detective superintendent) Roy Lambert and his team, who carried out the original investigation, to present day officers who continue to support us.
"We are also grateful to those who have helped us throughout this difficult ordeal."
Hall submitted two applications to the Criminal Cases Review Commission (CCRC) to consider his case. The CCRC was informed of his prison confession and contacted him asking him if he wanted to withdraw his claim, and his case has been closed.

The website Justice4SimonHall this morning displayed the message: "This site is closed."
No apology, no admission that they were wrong. No anger at having been lied to and misled ? ?

____________________


PeterMac
Researcher

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 143
Join date : 2010-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 10 year campaign for "Miscarriage of Justice" ends - with a confession

Post by Guest on 08.08.13 9:39

I imagine that whoever ran the site must be absolutely shattered at the moment.

I've never heard of this case before and will read up about it.

It got me thinking about cases of people who have been cleared or later acquitted due to the force of public opinion but probably were guilty all along.

I would class the cases of Louise Woodward (the British teenager charged with killing a baby in America in 1997) and Lisa and Michelle Taylor (teenagers again, convictions quashed for the murder of Alison Shaughnessy in 1991) as coming into that category.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: 10 year campaign for "Miscarriage of Justice" ends - with a confession

Post by Penfold on 08.08.13 9:42

Hall must be up for parole? Admission of guilt,expect a statement of remorse soon, then ...

Penfold

Posts : 140
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-07-02
Age : 68
Location : Manchester.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 10 year campaign for "Miscarriage of Justice" ends - with a confession

Post by PeterMac on 08.08.13 9:50

The websites are being gradually whooshed, so it is worth remembering what they were arguing
Justice4SimonHall
United Kingdom
Simon Hall was convicted for the murder of Mrs Joan Albert in February 2003. Mrs Albert has been found brutally stabbed in her home in Boydlands, Capel St Mary, Suffolk on the 16th December 2001. However Simon had a solid alibi through out the night of the 15th/16th December 2001, apart from 20-25 minutes when he dropped his friend off in Ipswich and drove back to his parents home in Capel St Mary at around 6am. Evidence found at the crime scene suggested that the real killer/s had done this before. Simon was arrested in July 2002 after fibres were found said to link him to the crime scene. However the fibre evidence used to convict Simon has now been totally discredited and the fibres were never a match in the first place. It seems the police investigation was flawed and opportunities were missed to find the real culprits responsible for this dispicable crime. Simon lost his appeal at the royal courts of justice on 14th Janaury 2011. The same appeal court judges refused to allow a point of law to be certified by the supreme court. Simon is now applying directly to the supreme court.

Open letter to the Chairman of The Criminal Cases Reviews Commission Richard Foster CBE
Mr Richard Foster CBE
The Criminal Cases Review Commission (CCRC)
5 St Philip's Place
Birmingham
B3 2PW
Tuesday 19th June 2012
Dear Mr Foster,
We, Justice4SimonHall, are writing to plead with you as Chairman of the CCRC to do the right thing in the Simon Hall case in both the interests of justice and the interests of public safety.
We plead with you to use your powers to make an immediate formal request to the Secretary of State for Justice, The Rt Hon Mr Kenneth Clarke, that Simon Hall be given a pardon.
It is abundantly clear that Simon Hall is factually, technically and morally innocent of the murder of Mrs Joan Albert and a wealth of evidence has been provided to the Commission over the years that show this.
The Commission is to be reminded that the only evidence presented by the prosecution during Simon's trial, which was said to link him to this crime, were fibres.
It is widely accepted that fibres, unlike DNA or fingerprints, cannot provide a positive identification of a suspect; yet the blood, hair, fingerprints, footprints and other DNA traces found at the crime scene have been shown to not be a match to Simon Hall.
The credibility of the only evidence that led to Simon’s conviction has been seriously undermined and it is also now known that the fibre tapings taken from the crime scene had been contaminated by Suffolk police’s forensic kit boxes; which incidentally are lined with the same flock fibres found at the crime scene.
The fresh evidence submitted to the Commission in November 2011 in relation to the knife, supports the link with the Higham burglary, where the knife which was used to murder Mrs Albert was stolen.
Therefore Simon remains in prison on contaminated, now discredited, circumstantial fibre evidence alone; when all other evidence in this case quite clearly points away from Simon and towards the alternative viable suspects.
We have provided a wealth of submissions to the CCRC which show alternative viable suspects were in the village on the night of the murder and were looking for houses to burgle. One of these suspects gave confessions to several different individuals that he was responsible for the murder.
Yet this suspect was not questioned under caution and Suffolk police failed to carry out a thorough investigation in relation to him and other suspects seen with him. Infact his home was only searched some 11 months after the murder and after Simon’s arrest.
Justice4SimonHall have grave concerns regarding the Commissions handling of this case, especially as it appears to lack any real sense of urgency and does not appear to be giving this case the priority it was promised and quite clearly deserves.
The Commission are to be reminded that when they referred Simon’s case in October 2009, they had identified specific aspects of forensic evidence that, in there view, raised the "real possibility" that the Court of Appeal might quash Simon’s conviction.
They failed to investigate several other points, already submitted to them, and have already had months in which to do so.
Based on this fact we again plead with you to do everything in your powers to do the right thing in the interests of natural justice.
The real killers of Mrs Albert remain at large. These individuals are known to both Suffolk and Essex police and now by the Commission.
It is surely in the interests of the Commission to also want to protect the public from these individuals and again use there powers to order that they are apprehended with immediate effect and taken off the streets.
It is also to be reminded that when Miscarriages of Justice are allowed to occur there are two sets of victims; in this case Simon Hall and least of all Mrs Joan Albert.
By delaying the inevitable we believe the Commission is implicated in allowing this Gross injustice to continue and for allowing a factually innocent man, namely Simon, to remain in prison.
We again plead with you to use your powers to request a pardon for Simon Hall without delay.
Sincerely,
JUSTICE 4 SIMON HALL
http://justice4simonhall.webs.com/openlettertochairofccrc.htm
e-petition
Justice4SimonHall

Responsible department: Ministry of Justice

Simon Hall has spent over 9 years in prison for a crime he knew nothing about.
The case against Simon was based on circumstantial fibre evidence.
Blood, fingerprints, footprints, hair & other trace evidence found at the crime scene did not match Simon's!
In January 2011 the Court of Appeal upheld Simon's conviction even though it was shown the fibres were never a match!
An innocent man has had his life destroyed all for the sake of the integrity of the judicial system!
We want this case re-opened in order for the real killers to be thoroughly investigated and brought to justice and to allow Justice & Freedom for Simon!
http://justice4simonhall.webs.com/

The campaign was led by Stephanie Hall, his wife.
I wonder how she feels now.
10 years of trying to cover up for a brutal murderer,
10 years of being wrong, so fundamentally wrong and misled, and blind to the realities . .

____________________


PeterMac
Researcher

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 143
Join date : 2010-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 10 year campaign for "Miscarriage of Justice" ends - with a confession

Post by aiyoyo on 08.08.13 10:01

Good grief!

His wife must have her head buried in sands or she's so blindly loyal.
Not unlike another Hall case, whose spouse also pledged undying support even though he'd pledged guilty.

Who is going to be held accountable for this farcical, campaign under false belief etc?


aiyoyo

Posts : 9611
Reputation : 318
Join date : 2009-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 10 year campaign for "Miscarriage of Justice" ends - with a confession

Post by PeterMac on 08.08.13 10:14

see http://web.archive.org/web/20120511014735/http://justice4simonhall.webs.com/
Which has the original pages cached.
Home & Updates Do you know Simon Hall? bElephant in the room bThe murder of Joan Albert ALTERNATIVE SUSPECTS Unidentified fingerprints Evidence from crime scene Contact Crime scene contaminationPolice incompetenceDiscredited fibre evidenceThe FSSDocumentsLATEST NEWSRefusal to disclose evidenceRelated news articles
WELCOME TO SIMON HALL'S OFFICIAL WEBSITE
This website is a work in progress.
Therefore please check back regularly for further updates.
There is an enormous amount to document; including information that has never been made public before.
Everything you read about the case has been taken from the original transcripts of the trial, witness statements or other documents related to the murder of Mrs Joan Albert.
Reference material of interest has also been added with appropriate links for further reading.
The sections about the case are solely factual and not based on inferral or opinion.
You will see for yourself how Simon is factually, morally and technically innocent and has been held a hostage of the state for 10 years!

It also seems that she was collecting money for a "Fund"
http://justice4simonhall.webs.com/apps/donations/
though that has been whooshed.
Where is the money now, one has to ask.

____________________


PeterMac
Researcher

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 143
Join date : 2010-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 10 year campaign for "Miscarriage of Justice" ends - with a confession

Post by PeterMac on 08.08.13 10:17

The parallels with another case are uncanny,
total and uncritical belief in the denial by the suspect
Fund,
"someone is out there prepared to do it again",
incompetent police,
denial of forensic evidence and so on ad nauseam.

I wonder if a decent journalist will now track her down and put her under pressure.

____________________


PeterMac
Researcher

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 143
Join date : 2010-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 10 year campaign for "Miscarriage of Justice" ends - with a confession

Post by PeterMac on 08.08.13 10:19

Apparently she has also deleted her Facebook and other accounts.
Not surprising really.

____________________


PeterMac
Researcher

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 143
Join date : 2010-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 10 year campaign for "Miscarriage of Justice" ends - with a confession

Post by jeanmonroe on 08.08.13 21:31

@PeterMac wrote:Apparently she has also deleted her Facebook and other accounts.
Not surprising really.
Simon Hall had over 1000 'signatures' on his online FREE Simon Hall petition!
That was 7 years ago!
Bet those people aren't running around today admitting they signed it!

“It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.”

Adrian Prout. mark 2.

jeanmonroe

Posts : 5133
Reputation : 886
Join date : 2013-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 10 year campaign for "Miscarriage of Justice" ends - with a confession

Post by sammyc on 08.08.13 22:51

@jeanmonroe wrote:
@PeterMac wrote:Apparently she has also deleted her Facebook and other accounts.
Not surprising really.
Simon Hall had over 1000 'signatures' on his online FREE Simon Hall petition!
That was 7 years ago!
Bet those people aren't running around today admitting they signed it!

“It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.”

Adrian Prout. mark 2.
A local thug and 'hardman' in my area had over a thousand friends on Facebook - until he committed a horrific crime and 99 per cent of them suddenly disassociated with him.

sammyc

Posts : 218
Reputation : 49
Join date : 2011-10-06
Location : UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 10 year campaign for "Miscarriage of Justice" ends - with a confession

Post by aiyoyo on 09.08.13 10:15

@jeanmonroe wrote:
@PeterMac wrote:Apparently she has also deleted her Facebook and other accounts.
Not surprising really.
Simon Hall had over 1000 'signatures' on his online FREE Simon Hall petition!
That was 7 years ago!
Bet those people aren't running around today admitting they signed it!

“It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.”

Adrian Prout. mark 2.
Just goes to show how gullible people are easily fooled.
Didn't the Mccanns have 15000 signatures on their petition to reopen the case which was never submitted to the proper authority?

Ten long years of wasting police and authorities time and resources and toiling with people's emotions before confessing.
His prison term should be increased for time wasting and for deceiving the public. It's all so unnecessary.

At least he came clean and made peace with his conscience, which is more than can be said about another case who have campaigned for 6 long years and don't know how to let it go.

aiyoyo

Posts : 9611
Reputation : 318
Join date : 2009-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum