The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Snake deaths

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Snake deaths

Post by aiyoyo on 10.08.13 16:22

*Person of Interest* = Arguido then, depending whether one chooses to be subjective or objective, as we know of a certain Mrs who is infamous for flip flopping on the definition.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 10.08.13 17:16

@PeterMac wrote:
@aiyoyo wrote:
Second guessing that the owner had by then caged up the snake.  Crime scene altered.
Or possibly "he SAID he had then caged the snake "

He is
1  The last person to see the boys alive
2  The one who found them dead
3  The only 'witness' to the circumstances
4  And so on.

Little wonder they are describing him as a "person of interest".
Haven't we heard that expression before, somewhere ?

Was he the last person to see them alive? Not their mum, not their friend, son of the pet-shop(PS)owner?
Do we know?

Something else now, location wise.
They were all on the upper floor. Boys in living room, little son of owner in his own bedroom, owner of PS and mum of the two deceased boys having a chat while those 3 children were asleep. Where would that have been? 
Not in the living room, boys were asleep in there. And the owner later on went to sleep in his bedroom, also on the upper floor. And last but not least that glass enclosure that poor snake found itself in... .
Loads of rooms on that topfloor. 
Beggars belief

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 10.08.13 17:44

Let's face it, there's a problem here.
Those boys died of lack of air. 
Strangulation. Fair enough. But both at the same time?
Snake double looping thus preventing them to utter a sound?
Because no sound had been heard..
Same goes of course for the other scenario where humans are involved. 
errrrrr no. Because those same persons are the ones stating all was quiet.

poor poor boys

-die Welt hat Sich verrückt gedreht-Berthold Brecht

Back to top Go down

their funeral

Post by marconi on 11.08.13 1:26

Their funeral was yesterday, Saturday, and, if the police have more to tell, they will tell on Monday.
They probably waited  till these days went  by.

marconi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Beginning to unravel ?

Post by PeterMac on 11.08.13 7:49

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/python-experts-vexed-by-questions-about-new-brunswick-tragedy-175043744.html?
Thicker than a man’s bicep and longer than two Shaquille O’Neals, an African rock python can survive on just two or three good meals a year. But when it does decide to eat—an antelope, perhaps, or maybe a monkey—the chosen meal has no chance. With fishhook fangs and a split-second strike, the snake snaps its prey, wraps itself into a tight coil, and never lets go. “It’s not suffocation,” says Johan Marais, a leading snake expert based in South Africa. “What they actually do is put pressure on the chest region and prevent the blood from going from one chamber of the heart to the other. They induce cardiac arrest.”
Then they swallow their supper whole.
It was that nasty breed of snake—an African rock python, 14 feet long and 99 lb.—that apparently slithered out of its glass aquarium this week and killed two beautiful little boys in Campbellton, N.B.: Connor Barthe, 6, and his four-year-old brother, Noah. They were spending a Sunday night at a friend’s second-floor apartment, sleeping side-by-side on the living-room floor. An exotic pet store owned by their pal’s dad was directly below them, but the giant reptile, supposedly locked up tight, wasn’t in the store. It was actually inside the apartment. “The snake was confined, in a closed area, in a glass cage,” said RCMP Sgt. Alain Tremblay. “It was specifically done for the snake. It went right up to the ceiling.”
What happened inside that living room has horrified the country, triggered countless headlines around the world, and left many Canadians asking the same question: Why does anyone need a massive, lethal snake as a household pet? (For the record, African rock pythons are illegal in New Brunswick, as they are in some other provinces, but that breach seems to have gone unnoticed at Reptile Ocean.) But as investigators continue to comb through the evidence—including the “crime scene,” as Tremblay described the apartment—other, far more troubling questions remain unanswered. For some who have spent their lives studying pythons, the story so far is almost unbelievable. “I’m really skeptical about what exactly happened,” Marais says. “It doesn’t make any sense to me.”
It appears, the Mounties say, that the snake escaped from its cage through a small hole in the ceiling, then slinked its way into a ventilation duct. Once over the living room, the duct gave way, sending a portion of the ceiling—and the huge snake—plummeting to the floor. Jean-Claude Savoie, the owner of the pet shop, told detectives he woke up shortly after 6 a.m. to check on the boys, only to stumble upon a “horrific scene”: two dead children, and his snake nearby. Apparently, Savoie’s pet crashing through the ceiling wasn’t enough to wake him up.
Neither, it seems, did any cries for help from the Barthe brothers. Snake expert John Kendrick, a manager at the Reptile Store in Hamilton, says a bite from an African rock python would jolt anyone from his slumber, screaming in unthinkable pain. “If a snake is going to constrict and coil, it’s biting first,” he says. “That’s what they do. They bite to hold and then immediately go into a spin to coil their prey.” Would one brother’s screams not have woken up the other? Or someone else inside the apartment? (Savoie’s son was also there, asleep in another room.) “I’ve gone through those same thoughts in my head,” Kendrick says.
Though extremely uncommon, African rock pythons do attack humans. In 1999, a three-year-old Illinois boy was squeezed to death after his dad’s snake escaped from its glass enclosure. Three years later, in Utah, a python managed to coil around a mother and daughter at the same time, only to be pried loose by quick-thinking police armed with a pair of scissors. But in most instances, however rare, the human target is a potential meal. The Barthe brothers, it appears, were not. “Snakes won’t kill people just for the hell of it,” Marais says. “There is no snake that has malice in it that would intentionally go out and kill people and waste energy on it.”
Kendrick, like his fellow experts, does not want to jump to conclusions. He will wait for the RCMP to finish its investigation before passing judgment. But he can’t fathom why a python would crush one boy, crush the other, and eat neither. “For a snake to just kill something and walk away from it, it’s very rare,” he says. “To finish killing one and go and kill another one—then go away—I wouldn’t even put that as odds of one in a million.”
A pathologist has performed autopsies on both boys, and a report is expected in the coming days. It is sure to shed more light on what happened to the brothers, and why. “This is not a standard case, and I readily admit that,” Sgt. Tremblay told a packed news conference. “It’s an absolute tragedy for the family, what has occurred.” One reporter asked if police are exploring the possibility that the snake may not be the culprit. “As police officers in this type of investigation, we try not to focus on only one thing,” Tremblay replied. “We try to get a complete overview of the scene. But at this point, we do believe the snake is involved.”
The experts, like everyone, are anxious for the proof.
Bit by bit  . . .

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 11.08.13 7:56

"Claude Savoie, the owner of the pet shop, told detectives he woke up shortly after 6 a.m. to check on the boys, only to stumble upon a 'horrific scene'...:"

So, he 'woke up' in order to 'check on the boys'...

It was therefore said to be a routine check...that unexpectedly revealed...a disaster

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 11.08.13 8:40

@Tony Bennett wrote:"Claude Savoie, the owner of the pet shop, told detectives he woke up shortly after 6 a.m. to check on the boys, only to stumble upon a 'horrific scene'...:"

So, he 'woke up' in order to 'check on the boys'...

It was therefore said to be a routine check...that unexpectedly revealed...a disaster
 It's also possible imo that the boys were killed elsewhere - could have been playing downstairs with the snakes or even have been in a different location altogether. 
One snake suffocating two boys at once seems completely off the chart of both snake and human behaviour.

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

'The snake escaped because we mended a ceiling fan in the snake enclosure and forgot to secure it'

Post by Tony Bennett on 21.08.13 9:47

Savoie, the snake man, says that his former employee mate Tim Thomas says:

"It must have been the missing fan in the ceiling of the snake enclosure, I can't remember if me or someone else mended or tried to replace the fan and then forgot to put it back - that must be how the snake escaped". Or words to that effect. [Actual quote below]

The criminal investigation continues.

His lawyer will make no further comment:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunswick/story/2013/08/14/nb-python-campbellton-boys-escaped.html

"It's a ventilation fan that's in the ceiling, OK? Now, I'm not sure if it was me that took that fan out, because it had burnt out…or maybe somebody had taken the fan out and forgot to cover it up, replace it or what. But I mean, nobody would ever…This is, like, a one-in-a-million-shot deal that this would actually happen, and it did. It did. Unfortunately, it did."

UNQUOTE

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 21.08.13 10:43

Perhaps he should put "It did" in italic, so that we know it is true !

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 22.08.13 10:04

Yet another selective loss of memory. So, the problem was the ventilator taken out and he doesn't remember whether he did it, or someone else did it, or nobody did it ....

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 22.08.13 14:12

And he gives an explanation as to why he was creeping into the boys' room at 6am, before he is asked . . .

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 22.08.13 17:28

As yet no explanation as to why the son of the owner wasn't in the same room as the two boys - surely the point of any sleepover?

Memories of my friend coming over and me raiding the larder and stashing away food for a midnight feast - we couldn't have done that in separate rooms!

I'm not sure if we ever managed to stay awake till midnight though.

Back to top Go down

Post by susible on 22.08.13 18:10

Does anyone know what the position of the mother of the boys is?  I seem to remember when the story first broke that she didn't seem to be attributing any blame to her friend.  Of course she could have been in shock, but I haven't seen any signs of the distress you would expect in the circumstances, though I haven't really followed the case too much, so maybe I've missed something.

However, I noticed the blurb on sky news, which someone posted here and I too was immediately struck with the "best day ever" scenario, particularly how the boys pushed their little carts round the supermarket, filling them with treats...they fairytale language is just a bit weird, especially as it was just a couple of days after they had died.  And of course the latest stuff about ceiling fans and whether they were broken, not replaced, to name but two of the scenarios just reeked of locked and unlocked doors imo, but who would know, like I say they could still be in total shock and grief and are just not coming across very well.

This much I can say, the McCanns have made me a very cynical person

susible

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobs on 22.08.13 23:34

I the fan was at ceing height as claimed, how did the snake reach it?

There is only so high a snake can stretch before they can't support their own body weight.

Hobs

View user profile http://tania-cadogan.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 23.08.13 11:02

@PeterMac wrote:And he gives an explanation as to why he was creeping into the boys' room at 6am, before he is asked . . .
And, found the two boys dead, and the snake coiled nearby and he joined the dots......

He looked up, saw the hole in the ceiling, and put two and two together. Just like the open shutter open windows in another case, he instantly knew the snake fell from that hole. We are now told the hole has been there all along by someone careless mistake; not a new hole that gave way because of the weight of the snake.

It's odd the snake did not escape after having managed to break free from its enclosure (prison) but stayed coiled nearby - very strange that !

What would be interesting to know is: whether the owner rush up to examine the boys (as in fearing for their safety), or did he arrive at the conclusion (as in immediately knew) the boys are dead just because the snake was hanging around ?

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Very interesting LACK of information

Post by PeterMac on 13.09.13 9:13

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunswick/story/2013/09/12/nb-campbellton-python-review-757.html
Reports into boys' python deaths still under wraps
RCMP says investigation into deaths of Connor and Noah Barthe is a top priority
CBC News Posted: Sep 12, 2013 8:25 AM AT Last Updated: Sep 12, 2013 10:25 AM AT

The RCMP and two government departments will not comment on investigations into how two young Campbellton boys were killed by an African rock python while they were sleeping over at a friend’s house last month in the northern city.

Connor Barthe, 6, and Noah, 4, were killed by the python in an apartment above Reptile Ocean, a pet store. The brothers' bodies were discovered on Aug. 5 and a preliminary autopsy found they died of asphyxiation.

Noah, 4, and Connor Barthe, 6, were killed by an African rock python while sleeping a friend's apartment in Campbellton, N.B. on Aug. 5. (Facebook)
Officials have said they believe the snake, which was 4.3 metres long and weighed about 45 kilograms, made its way through the top of its enclosure and into a ventilation system before falling through the ceiling and into the living room of the apartment where the boys were sleeping.

Paul Greene, a spokesperson for the RCMP, said the Bathurst major crime unit is continuing its investigation.

He would only say that officers have made the case a top priority but would not comment on any timelines on the investigation.
Two boys, one snake. Major crime Unit, top priority, one month . . .

Something is definitely not right here. As we suspected.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl on 13.09.13 11:23

I can understand why the Royal Canadian Mounted Police are involved in this investigation.

But I can't understand why, quote, "two government departments" are also needed.

I am reminded of a UK case where the Home Office and Foreign Office became heavily involved with a missing child.

sharonl

View user profile http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 13.09.13 11:52

It would certainly be interesting to know what the government departments are.

Maybe one of them though could be something ordinary like the department which deals with licensing issues relating to exotic animals and pet shops.

P.S. The report does actually name the Department of Natural Resources which checks up on local regulations.

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum