The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

The Mark Williams-Thomas thread

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Mark Williams-Thomas thread

Post by jozi on Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:52 pm

@Tony Bennett wrote:
@tigger wrote:
@Nereid wrote:  Loopzdaloop already posted this info and much much more on page 5 of this thread.

I know - I re-posted this 'bullet' because the timing and the fact that both companies were set up on the same day just a month after 3/5 is an important fact in considering MWT's role.
 Another point to establish is just when, and by whom, and for what reason, Mark Williams-Thomas was first appointed by SKY News (Murdoch-owned) to comment on cases of child sexual abuse and paedophilia etc. I assume that SKY Neiws paid for him to go out to Praia da Luz immediately after the reported disappearance of Madeleine McCann, hence his interview to camera on 10 May 2007 when he presumed to give advice to the Portuguese Police. Did he get paid by SKY News per assignment, or was he on some sort of long-term contract with them?

Murdoch keeps on popping up a lot in this case? Sky News ( owned by Murdoch ) Sky News were they not first to broadcast that Maddie was missing ? Also they sent MWT over to Portugal to comment and give his expert opinion on the case and what the Portuguese Police should and should not be doing ? He had only just set up the companies, so how does this make him a expert !!!

jozi

Posts : 710
Reputation : 15
Join date : 2012-05-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Mark Williams-Thomas thread

Post by Nereid on Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:05 pm

On his linkedin account he makes it look as if WT Associates was set up in 2005.

"In 2005 I set up WT Associates, an independent Child Protection & Risk Management Consultancy which work very closely with local authorities, sports governing bodies and commercial organisations, providing specialist advice and support. WT Associates was appointed Child Protection Consultants for Team GB at the Olympic Games in Beijing and has also completed a significant review of past cases for the Church of England. "

http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/mark-williams-thomas-ma-pg-dip/3/884/2b5


Typo, or does he want people to believe it was set up before June 2007?

Nereid

Posts : 308
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2013-05-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Mark Williams-Thomas thread

Post by Guest on Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:09 pm

I think this has been raised before. The situation could have been that until 2007 the company was "MWT trading as WT Associates" and thereafter it was incorporated as a limited company.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The Mark Williams-Thomas thread

Post by littlepixie on Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:15 pm

He blocked me as well when I commented on why and in what capacity was he watching hours of child abuse images.

littlepixie

Posts : 1340
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2009-11-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Mark Williams-Thomas thread

Post by tigger on Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:17 pm

@Nereid wrote:On his linkedin account he makes it look as if WT Associates was set up in 2005.

"In 2005 I set up WT Associates, an independent Child Protection & Risk Management Consultancy which work very closely with local authorities, sports governing bodies and commercial organisations, providing specialist advice and support. WT Associates was appointed Child Protection Consultants for Team GB at the Olympic Games in Beijing and has also completed a significant review of past cases for the Church of England. "

http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/mark-williams-thomas-ma-pg-dip/3/884/2b5


Typo, or does he want people to believe it was set up before June 2007?

 linked in will print what you give them. Presumably this can also be checked with the Britisg Olympic Committee although I'm a little surprised that team GB needed such a consultant in Beijing. 
How's about sending us a picture of you at work there MWT?

____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.

tigger

Posts : 8112
Reputation : 24
Join date : 2011-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Mark Williams-Thomas thread

Post by sallypelt on Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:19 pm

Here are all the companies, and dates of their set-up, which involves either MWT or his wife, or both:



WT PRODUCTIONS LIMITED

Active - Accounts Filed

Director

11/04/2003

-

-

WT PRODUCTIONS LIMITED

Active - Accounts Filed

Company Secretary

11/04/2003

-

-

MATTERS2ME LIMITED

Company not trading

Director

12/06/2007

-

-

WT ASSOCIATES LIMITED

Active - Accounts Filed

Director

12/06/2007

-

-

WT ASSOCIATES LIMITED

Active - Accounts Filed

Company Secretary

12/06/2007

-

-

MATTERS2ME LIMITED

Company not trading

Company Secretary

12/06/2007

sallypelt

Posts : 3305
Reputation : 524
Join date : 2012-11-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Mark Williams-Thomas thread

Post by sallypelt on Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:30 pm

WT ASSOCIATES LIMITED
 
Business Overview
Wt Associates Limited is an Active business incorporated in England & Wales on 12th June 2007. Their business activity is recorded as Other Business Support Service Activities N.e.c.. Wt Associates Limited is run by 2 current members. and 1 company secretary. 2 shareholders own the total shares within the company. It is not part of a group.

The latest Annual Accounts submitted to Companies House for the year up to 30/06/2012 reported 'cash at bank' of £30,554, 'liabilities' worth £59,156, 'net worth' of £-8,919 and 'assets' worth £45,688. Wt Associates Limited's risk score was amended on 20/03/2013.


 
Director Overview
Karen Williams-Thomas holds 6 current appointment, has resigned from 0 companies and held appointments at 0 dissolved companies. Karen began their first appointment at the age of 33 and their longest current appointment spans 10 years and 3 months at WT PRODUCTIONS LIMITED.

The combined cash at bank value for all of Karen's current businesses is £61,599, with a combined assets value of £112,196 and liabilities of £77,213. Roles associated with Karen Williams-Thomas within the recorded businesses include: Director, Company Secretary

sallypelt

Posts : 3305
Reputation : 524
Join date : 2012-11-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Mark Williams-Thomas thread

Post by tigger on Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:33 pm

Thanks. Interesting. 


Not set up in 2005 then and previous companies possibly including the gum removal as from 2003. 


So did he want to fudge the fact that the two co's were set up on 12/6/2007?

____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.

tigger

Posts : 8112
Reputation : 24
Join date : 2011-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Mark Williams-Thomas thread

Post by whmon on Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:37 pm

@Nereid wrote:On his linkedin account he makes it look as if WT Associates was set up in 2005.

"In 2005 I set up WT Associates, an independent Child Protection & Risk Management Consultancy which work very closely with local authorities, sports governing bodies and commercial organisations, providing specialist advice and support. WT Associates was appointed Child Protection Consultants for Team GB at the Olympic Games in Beijing and has also completed a significant review of past cases for the Church of England. "

http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/mark-williams-thomas-ma-pg-dip/3/884/2b5


Typo, or does he want people to believe it was set up before June 2007?

 Ha! Just clicked on the link and he appears to be in my LinkedIn network Small world.

____________________
This message is confidential and the information must not be used, disclosed, or copied to any other person who is not entitled to receive it. If you have received this message in error please notify the sender and then delete it.

whmon

Posts : 434
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2013-04-04
Location : Back of Beyond

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Mark Williams-Thomas thread

Post by sallypelt on Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:45 pm

@tigger wrote:Thanks. Interesting. 


Not set up in 2005 then and previous companies possibly including the gum removal as from 2003. 


So did he want to fudge the fact that the two co's were set up on 12/6/2007?

MATTERS2ME LIMITED is dormant. All this means is it's not trading at the moment. A company can be stated as dormant if it hasn't traded for at least 3 months before informing Companies House. If a company is dormant, it can be made active at any time, but while it is dormant, no company returns have to be filed.

So, as it stands, MATTERS2ME LIMITED () is not active, but WT ASSOCIATES LIMITED (set up in 2007) and WT PRODUCTIONS LIMITED (set up in 2003) are active.

sallypelt

Posts : 3305
Reputation : 524
Join date : 2012-11-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Mark Williams-Thomas thread

Post by Nereid on Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:46 pm

The first video on his account in Youtube was posted on 8 December 2006. His title in the video is 'WRU Child Protection Consultant'.  WRU being the Welsh Rugby Union. No mention on the video of WT Associates. I wonder if he still holds that position.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxyp2axrPVY

Nereid

Posts : 308
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2013-05-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Mark Williams-Thomas thread

Post by sallypelt on Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:48 pm

@Nereid wrote:The first video on his account in Youtube was posted on 8 December 2006. His title in the video is 'WRU Child Protection Consultant'.  WRU being the Welsh Rugby Union. No mention on the video of WT Associates. I wonder if he still holds that position.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxyp2axrPVY

Are you referring to the WRU Child Protection, or WT Associates Ltd? If it's WT Associates LTD, yes, MWT still holds position of director of that company

sallypelt

Posts : 3305
Reputation : 524
Join date : 2012-11-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Mark Williams-Thomas thread

Post by Nereid on Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:54 pm

@sallypelt wrote:
@Nereid wrote:The first video on his account in Youtube was posted on 8 December 2006. His title in the video is 'WRU Child Protection Consultant'.  WRU being the Welsh Rugby Union. No mention on the video of WT Associates. I wonder if he still holds that position.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxyp2axrPVY

Are you referring to the WRU Child Protection, or WT Associates Ltd? If it's WT Associates LTD, yes, MWT still holds position of director of that company

I meant if he still held the position as WRU Child Protection Consultant. Sorry I wasn't clear.

WT Associates and the WRU designed a Child Protection course together:

http://wru.wt-associates.co.uk/

Nereid

Posts : 308
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2013-05-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Mark Williams-Thomas thread

Post by sallypelt on Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:00 pm

@Nereid wrote:
@sallypelt wrote:
@Nereid wrote:The first video on his account in Youtube was posted on 8 December 2006. His title in the video is 'WRU Child Protection Consultant'.  WRU being the Welsh Rugby Union. No mention on the video of WT Associates. I wonder if he still holds that position.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxyp2axrPVY

Are you referring to the WRU Child Protection, or WT Associates Ltd? If it's WT Associates LTD, yes, MWT still holds position of director of that company

I meant if he still held the position as WRU Child Protection Consultant. Sorry I wasn't clear.

WT Associates and the WRU designed a Child Protection course together:

http://wru.wt-associates.co.uk/

I believe that MWT was involved in helping with the WRU Child Protection Unit has run courses, training days and workshops and encouraged everyone with direct access or responsibility for children or young people in rugby to complete a Criminal Record Bureau (CRB) disclosure.

This was back in 2008.

sallypelt

Posts : 3305
Reputation : 524
Join date : 2012-11-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Mark Williams-Thomas thread

Post by sallypelt on Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:10 pm

@Nereid wrote:
@sallypelt wrote:
@Nereid wrote:The first video on his account in Youtube was posted on 8 December 2006. His title in the video is 'WRU Child Protection Consultant'.  WRU being the Welsh Rugby Union. No mention on the video of WT Associates. I wonder if he still holds that position.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxyp2axrPVY

Are you referring to the WRU Child Protection, or WT Associates Ltd? If it's WT Associates LTD, yes, MWT still holds position of director of that company

I meant if he still held the position as WRU Child Protection Consultant. Sorry I wasn't clear.

WT Associates and the WRU designed a Child Protection course together:

http://wru.wt-associates.co.uk/

It appears that MWT was only involved in some sort of training in regards to CRB checks. .

Here is the up-to-date link of Area Child Protection Coordinators for the WRU:

http://www.wru.co.uk/eng/development/safeguarding/18875.php



sallypelt

Posts : 3305
Reputation : 524
Join date : 2012-11-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Mark Williams-Thomas thread

Post by Nereid on Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:18 pm

@sallypelt wrote:
@Nereid wrote:
@sallypelt wrote:
@Nereid wrote:The first video on his account in Youtube was posted on 8 December 2006. His title in the video is 'WRU Child Protection Consultant'.  WRU being the Welsh Rugby Union. No mention on the video of WT Associates. I wonder if he still holds that position.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxyp2axrPVY

Are you referring to the WRU Child Protection, or WT Associates Ltd? If it's WT Associates LTD, yes, MWT still holds position of director of that company

I meant if he still held the position as WRU Child Protection Consultant. Sorry I wasn't clear.

WT Associates and the WRU designed a Child Protection course together:

http://wru.wt-associates.co.uk/

It appears that MWT was only involved in some sort of training in regards to  CRB checks. .

Here is the up-to-date link of Area Child Protection Coordinators for the WRU:

http://www.wru.co.uk/eng/development/safeguarding/18875.php



 Thanks. I guess I'm just trying to find out his career path. There are many overlaps in his linkedin profile, which of course is possible. He seems to have many fingers in the pie.

Nereid

Posts : 308
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2013-05-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Mark Williams-Thomas thread

Post by Guest on Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:25 pm

Clive Whittingham 26-04-2013 ©C21Media

ITV signs up Savile investigator

Shiver, the factual arm of ITV Studios UK, has received two commissions from ITV and agreed a programme deal with criminologist and investigative journalist Mark Williams-Thomas

The deal with Williams-Thomas will see him work on a series of undercover investigations to be broadcast on ITV from
later this year.

Williams-Thomas, a former police officer, was behind the Royal Television Society award- and Peabody-winning doc Exposure: The Other Side of Jimmy Savile

http://www.c21media.net/archives/109317

Will he be called on by ITV to give updates on SY investigation?

There seems to be very little background information on MWT, it's has if he's built himself up to be the great I am in uncovering child abuse, just like Saville did with his charities.

Agree with what you say Nereid,

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The Mark Williams-Thomas thread

Post by ChrisRetro on Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:51 pm

Cherry Blossom wrote:Clive Whittingham 26-04-2013 ©C21Media

ITV signs up Savile investigator

Shiver, the factual arm of ITV Studios UK, has received two commissions from ITV and agreed a programme deal with criminologist and investigative journalist Mark Williams-Thomas

The deal with Williams-Thomas will see him work on a series of undercover investigations to be broadcast on ITV from
later this year.

Williams-Thomas, a former police officer, was behind the Royal Television Society award- and Peabody-winning doc Exposure: The Other Side of Jimmy Savile

http://www.c21media.net/archives/109317

Will he be called on by ITV to give updates on SY investigation?

There seems to be very little background information on MWT, it's has if he's built himself up to be the great I am in uncovering child abuse, just like Saville did with his charities.

Agree with what you say Nereid,

I hear that, after framing the BBC with the Jimmy Savile/Newsnight debacle (the bulk of which was done by Meirion Jones using BBC money) and selling it to ITV, he has made an "Exposure" on Coronation Street that ITV are, understandably, not very keen to screen. So he has been trying convince the BBC to buy it.
This is UNCONFIRMED at present though.

What I do know is that when William Roache was arrested on May 1st (after MWT had repeatedly 'expressed his thoughts' about Roache's comments of March 19th), guess who had been pre-warned of the arrest by Greater Manchester Police and was there in attendance, taking notes? He was referred to in the media reports as "an ITV producer".
He is not happy at the support expressed by the bulk of the Coronation Street cast for both Roache and Michael Le Vell - and it is remarkable how the Murdoch press has suddenly turned against the show too. (The "Street Of Shame" headline in The Sun last week being just the latest in a line of attacks  http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/soaps/5038997/Coronation-Street-Midnight-Tango-plugging-scandal.html )

ChrisRetro

Posts : 7
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-08-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Mark Williams-Thomas thread

Post by loopzdaloop on Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:56 pm

@Nereid wrote:
@tigger wrote:
@Nereid wrote:
@tigger wrote:I meant that information gets buried in another topic and is hard to retrieve.  

Here is imo a useful snippet from the other MWT topic.


Mark Williams-Thomas started a company W.T. ASSOCIATES LTD.on the [b style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px;"]10th June 2007[/b]

as well as another company MATTERS2ME LIMITED - which was also started on the same date. 

Mr. Mark Williams Thomas and Mrs. Karen Williams-Thomas are both listed as directors of both firms.

 Loopzdaloop already posted this info and much much more on page 5 of this thread.



I know - I re-posted this 'bullet' because the timing  and the fact that both companies were set up on the same day  just a month after 3/5 is an important fact in considering MWT's  role.

It is indeed. Such timing!

From what  I understand it was first set up as Matters2Me Ltd, and then the name was changed to WT Associates Ltd. on 13 October 2010. I wonder why. And of course they're still also using Matters2Me for their website.

Mark Williams-Thomas was an authority on chewing gum removal in a previous life. A huge leap form Chewing Gum removal to Child Protection.

"Mark Williams-Thomas from GumFighters said: “We are pleased to be working to create a cleaner and healthier environment for those living and working in the borough of Wandsworth and visitors. However it is very important that people realise the damage caused by discarded gum and dispose of it correctly.” http://ww3.wandsworth.gov.uk/news/pressreleasedetail.asp?id=1320

Thanks for posting this! So it is definite he was strongly connected with gum fighters that sunk owing1.4million pounds! I wonder who the money was owed to? I'm assuming taxpayers due to that press release?
It might be worth following up his former compatriots from Gumfighters to see what it is they have been upto!

Gum to sexual offending is a bit of diversion career wise. 
Very interesting also the post from the new members of the forum indicating that he was actually a PC in 1997. He clearly thinks of himself as a bit of a delboy with these differing situations that has led to accusations he has been looking for backhanders to prevent 'accusations' coming public. Unfortunately for him, he is clearly a trigger.

loopzdaloop

Posts : 334
Reputation : 40
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Mark Williams-Thomas thread

Post by Guest on Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:12 pm

@ChrisRetro wrote:
Cherry Blossom wrote:Clive Whittingham 26-04-2013 ©C21Media

ITV signs up Savile investigator

Shiver, the factual arm of ITV Studios UK, has received two commissions from ITV and agreed a programme deal with criminologist and investigative journalist Mark Williams-Thomas

The deal with Williams-Thomas will see him work on a series of undercover investigations to be broadcast on ITV from
later this year.

Williams-Thomas, a former police officer, was behind the Royal Television Society award- and Peabody-winning doc Exposure: The Other Side of Jimmy Savile

http://www.c21media.net/archives/109317

Will he be called on by ITV to give updates on SY investigation?

There seems to be very little background information on MWT, it's has if he's built himself up to be the great I am in uncovering child abuse, just like Saville did with his charities.

Agree with what you say Nereid,

I hear that, after framing the BBC with the Jimmy Savile/Newsnight debacle (the bulk of which was done by Meirion Jones using BBC money) and selling it to ITV, he has made an "Exposure" on Coronation Street that ITV are, understandably, not very keen to screen. So he has been trying convince the BBC to buy it.
This is UNCONFIRMED at present though.

What I do know is that when William Roache was arrested on May 1st (after MWT had repeatedly 'expressed his thoughts' about Roache's comments of March 19th), guess who had been pre-warned of the arrest by Greater Manchester Police and was there in attendance, taking notes? He was referred to in the media reports as "an ITV producer".
He is not happy at the support expressed by the bulk of the Coronation Street cast for both Roache and Michael Le Vell - and it is remarkable how the Murdoch press has suddenly turned against the show too. (The "Street Of Shame" headline in The Sun last week being just the latest in a line of attacks  http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/soaps/5038997/Coronation-Street-Midnight-Tango-plugging-scandal.html )

Thanks for the very interesting info ChrisRetro, Since Michael Le Vell was arrested I've noticed the Star newspaper seems to be printing the feel sorry Michael story it's the only paper I've seen giving so much support. wonder why?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The Mark Williams-Thomas thread

Post by windchime on Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:17 pm

Sorry if this is old news.

Check out this website  www.williams-thomas.co.uk

Makes very interesting reading.  Tells us that Mark specialises in child protection and major crime and is renowned throughout the UKs Police Force as well as the national media for his expertise in these areas.
Under the heading M W T Contact:  If you know of a story or would like to get in touch with MWT - use the contact page. If you are looking for a motivational speaker, a chair for your conference or even a presenter for your corporate video then Mark can help.  Mark can be booked through Men's Speakers website or via his agent at STH Management.

STH Management is based less than 15 miles from Rothley.  Just saying!!

Then check out this from 2010.  http://www.independant.co.uk/news/media/press/facebook-considers-legal-action-against-daily-mail-over-underage-sex-claims

which also has his agent make an appearance.

windchime

Posts : 137
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2013-07-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

More on GumFighters

Post by loopzdaloop on Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:25 pm

So it turns out that MWT's job at Gumfighters was....



Mr Mark Williams Thomas (born 43 years ago)
Director, Marketing Director
28 Sep 2001 — 31 Oct 2002 (1 year, 1 month, 3 days) 


(Marketing Director ? !!!! ?? - The question is, when did he get find the time and garner the experience to think that he could fulfil that job role?)

Someone (sorry I couldn't find the post to quote) wondered whether there was any connection between the rest of the cast of Gum Fighters and the Mccann's or Tapas 7... It would be interesting to go through the list with a quick google on each name with each member of the Tapas 9. 
Here's the list.   



Mr Jeremy Paul Aubrey George Janion (born 66 years ago)
Director, Director of Company

22 May 2000 — Close


Ms Kathryn Janion (born 65 years ago)
Company Secretary
24 Nov 2006 — Close * 


Ms Carole Fiehn
Company Secretary
12 Jul 2002 — 24 Nov 2006 (4 years, 4 months, 12 days) 


Mr Andrew Williams (born 45 years ago)
Director, Operations Officer
10 Jul 2000 — 28 Apr 2005 (4 years, 9 months, 18 days)   

(could this one be a brother? if so when did Mark acquire his double barrel?)


Mr Thomas Stuecken (born 52 years ago)
Director, Company Director

14 Dec 1999 — 10 Aug 2004 (4 years, 7 months, 27 days)


Mr Colin Marshall (born 45 years ago)
Director
10 Jul 2000 — 30 Apr 2004 (3 years, 9 months, 20 days) 


Mr David Alan Bovell (born 56 years ago)
Director, Consultant
23 Dec 1999 — 22 May 2000 (4 months, 30 days) 

Mr David Alan Bovell (born 56 years ago)
[b style="color: rgb(65, 64, 66); font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "]Company Secretary[/b], Consultant
23 Dec 1999 — 22 May 2000 (4 months, 30 days)


Halliwells Directors Limited 
[b style="color: rgb(65, 64, 66); font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "]Director[/b] 
01 Dec 1999 — 14 Dec 1999 (13 days)


Halliwells Secretaries Limited 
[b style="color: rgb(65, 64, 66); font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "]Company Secretary[/b] 
01 Dec 1999 — 14 Dec 1999 (13 days)And the shareholdings in Gumfighters:

Connaught Holdings Ltd 
93.60% 93,600.00 GBP 93,600 × 1.00 GBP Ordinary
355,680.00 GBP    355,680 × 1.00 GBP Non Cumulative Redeemable Preference


Andrew Williams 
3.00% 3,000.00 GBP 3,000 × 1.00 GBP Ordinary

11,400.00 GBP    11,400 × 1.00 GBP Non Cumulative Redeemable Preference


Mark Williams-Thomas

2.40% 2,400.00 GBP 2,400 × 1.00 GBP Ordinary

9,120.00 GBP    9,120 × 1.00 GBP Non Cumulative Redeemable Preference



Colin Marshall 
1.00% 1,000.00 GBP1 ,000 × 1.00 GBP Ordinary

3,800.00 GBP 3,800 × 1.00 GBP Non Cumulative Redeemable Preference


Innocleaning Concepts (UK) Ltd 
1.00 GBP1 × 1.00 GBP Preferred Ordinary



As a side note.... Haven't seen it mentioned that Mark also works here!


http://medavia.co.uk/the-team/


Mark Williams-Thomas – Consultant
As a criminologist and former detective, Mark is a regular face on television providing expert analysis and commentary on major crimes. Having covered many of the most high profile cases in recent memory, including the disappearance of Madelaine McCann and the investigation into the death of Baby P, Mark is used to the media spotlight. Working as a consultant with Medavia, Mark use his expertise and experience to help victims of crime or critical incidents who find themselves under intense media pressure.


Mark's email address is mark@medavia.co.uk or you can call on 01179733730


and here are his collegues (any names ring a bell?)

Group Captain Rick Hobson - Chairman
As a military pilot, Richard has been involved in most campaigns over the past 20 years and is used to being under the scrutiny of the media spotlight. He has been formally trained to deal with the television and radio media and, as a leader and manager, is accustomed to working to tight timescales in a high-pressure environment. In addition to his flying appointments, he has worked in aircraft accident investigation and, more recently, in Whitehall.

 
\
David Thomas – Consultant


In a career spanning 25 years, David has worked extensively for the national press and television. He is a founding partner of SWNS, the biggest independent press agency in Britain . Today, through Medavia, he is much in demand as a public relations consultant.

 
 

[b style="border: 0px; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; "]                  [/b]
[b style="border: 0px; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; "]Mike Ridley – Editorial Director[/b]


Mike worked for Britain ‘s biggest selling newspaper, The Sun, for 15 years, first as Business Editor and then as Features Editor. He started his career on the Cumberland News before working for BBC radio and then ITV news. He has also worked for other national daily papers including The Times and The Daily Telegraph. Today he combines his role as Editorial Director for Medavia with writing for The Daily Express.

 
 
Helen O’Brien – Features Editor

As a features writer, Helen has worked for a range of national publications, including Cosmopolitan, Grazia, The Daily Mail and Woman’s Own. In her role as Features Editor at Medavia, she is responsible for ensuring that the material issued to the media on behalf of our clients meets the company’s highest professional standards. This usually involves liaising with clients and editors to ensure both sides approve content prior to publication or broadcast.

 
Jack Falber – Director

After a successful career in Management Consultancy, Jack joined Medavia in 2005. He has worked on many high profile stories, looking after the families who find themsleves at the centre of unwanted press attention.

 
 
 
James Knock – Deputy Features Editor
James achieved a 2:1 Joint Honours LLB in Law and Politics before forging his career in journalism. He worked for one of the biggest news agencies in the UK and two large daily newspapers before being snapped up by Medavia.

 
 
[b style="border: 0px; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; "]Tom Knight [/b]
[b style="border: 0px; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; "][/b]
Tom started out as a music features writer before training as a newspaper reporter. He has written for numerous national and regional newspapers, with specialities in crime, business and online journalism.

 
 
[b style="border: 0px; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; "]Danielle Hoffman [/b]
[b style="border: 0px; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; "][/b]
Danielle was working as a senior regional news reporter before joining Medavia. She achieved a first class degree in multimedia journalism, with a specialism in magazine features writing.

 

[b style="border: 0px; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; "]Geraldine McKelvie [/b]
[b style="border: 0px; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; "] [/b]
Geraldine studied English Literature and Journalism at Strathclyde University in Glasgow and then worked on the Evening Telegraph and the Courier, both in Dundee, before going to Scottish News Agency.
 
 
 
Chantelle Rees

Chantelle began her career as a reporter at the Llanelli Star while also working for Wales’ biggest daily paper, the South Wales Evening Post. After stints as chief reporter and news editor, she then worked for the Swindon Advertiser as news editor before joining Medavia in March 2013.
 
 
[b style="border: 0px; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; "]Susie Bowers [/b]
Susie gained a degree in Cultural and Media Studies from the University of the West of England and went on to work as an Online Editor for a music website. She has worked as a PR executive for top charities and joined Medavia in 2006.

 
[b style="border: 0px; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; "]Steve Freeman [/b]
Whilst training to be a journalist, Steve trained on the Croydon Advertiser, a busy newspaper in South London. But, realising his passion for features, he joined Medavia in 2013 as a Features Writer.

 
 
[b style="border: 0px; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; "]Donna Smiley [/b]
After graduating with distinction at the National Council for the Training of Journalists (NCTJ), Donna had successful spells at a number of lifestyle magazines before joining Medavia, where she has written for a number of national newspapers and magazines.


 
All their contact details are on the website if anyone want to alert them to a possible story RE: their colleague who is 'used to the media limelight'

sorry about the random formatting stuff, I don't know how to remove it.

loopzdaloop

Posts : 334
Reputation : 40
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Mark Williams-Thomas thread

Post by sallypelt on Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:38 pm

@loopzdaloop wrote:So it turns out that MWT's job at Gumfighters was....



Mr Mark Williams Thomas (born 43 years ago)
Director, Marketing Director
28 Sep 2001 — 31 Oct 2002 (1 year, 1 month, 3 days) 


(Marketing Director ? !!!! ?? - The question is, when did he get find the time and garner the experience to think that he could fulfil that job role?)

Someone (sorry I couldn't find the post to quote) wondered whether there was any connection between the rest of the cast of Gum Fighters and the Mccann's or Tapas 7... It would be interesting to go through the list with a quick google on each name with each member of the Tapas 9. 
Here's the list.   



Mr Jeremy Paul Aubrey George Janion (born 66 years ago)
Director, Director of Company

22 May 2000 — Close


Ms Kathryn Janion (born 65 years ago)
Company Secretary
24 Nov 2006 — Close * 


Ms Carole Fiehn
Company Secretary
12 Jul 2002 — 24 Nov 2006 (4 years, 4 months, 12 days) 


Mr Andrew Williams (born 45 years ago)
Director, Operations Officer
10 Jul 2000 — 28 Apr 2005 (4 years, 9 months, 18 days)   

(could this one be a brother? if so when did Mark acquire his double barrel?)


Mr Thomas Stuecken (born 52 years ago)
Director, Company Director

14 Dec 1999 — 10 Aug 2004 (4 years, 7 months, 27 days)


Mr Colin Marshall (born 45 years ago)
Director
10 Jul 2000 — 30 Apr 2004 (3 years, 9 months, 20 days) 


Mr David Alan Bovell (born 56 years ago)
Director, Consultant
23 Dec 1999 — 22 May 2000 (4 months, 30 days) 

Mr David Alan Bovell (born 56 years ago)
[b style="text-align: left; color: rgb(65, 64, 66); line-height: 18px; font-family: "]Company Secretary[/b], Consultant
23 Dec 1999 — 22 May 2000 (4 months, 30 days)


Halliwells Directors Limited 
[b style="text-align: left; color: rgb(65, 64, 66); line-height: 18px; font-family: "]Director[/b] 
01 Dec 1999 — 14 Dec 1999 (13 days)


Halliwells Secretaries Limited 
[b style="text-align: left; color: rgb(65, 64, 66); line-height: 18px; font-family: "]Company Secretary[/b] 
01 Dec 1999 — 14 Dec 1999 (13 days)And the shareholdings in Gumfighters:

Connaught Holdings Ltd 
93.60% 93,600.00 GBP 93,600 × 1.00 GBP Ordinary
355,680.00 GBP    355,680 × 1.00 GBP Non Cumulative Redeemable Preference


Andrew Williams 
3.00% 3,000.00 GBP 3,000 × 1.00 GBP Ordinary

11,400.00 GBP    11,400 × 1.00 GBP Non Cumulative Redeemable Preference


Mark Williams-Thomas

2.40% 2,400.00 GBP 2,400 × 1.00 GBP Ordinary

9,120.00 GBP    9,120 × 1.00 GBP Non Cumulative Redeemable Preference



Colin Marshall 
1.00% 1,000.00 GBP1 ,000 × 1.00 GBP Ordinary

3,800.00 GBP 3,800 × 1.00 GBP Non Cumulative Redeemable Preference


Innocleaning Concepts (UK) Ltd 
1.00 GBP1 × 1.00 GBP Preferred Ordinary

MWT's father is/was a Williams-Thomas, so MWT has had that name since birth.

sallypelt

Posts : 3305
Reputation : 524
Join date : 2012-11-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Mark Williams-Thomas thread

Post by aquila on Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:51 pm

@windchime wrote:Sorry if this is old news.

Check out this website  www.williams-thomas.co.uk

Makes very interesting reading.  Tells us that Mark specialises in child protection and major crime and is renowned throughout the UKs Police Force as well as the national media for his expertise in these areas.
Under the heading M W T Contact:  If you know of a story or would like to get in touch with MWT - use the contact page. If you are looking for a motivational speaker, a chair for your conference or even a presenter for your corporate video then Mark can help.  Mark can be booked through Men's Speakers website or via his agent at STH Management.

STH Management is based less than 15 miles from Rothley.  Just saying!!

Then check out this from 2010.  http://www.independant.co.uk/news/media/press/facebook-considers-legal-action-against-daily-mail-over-underage-sex-claims

which also has his agent make an appearance.

This is how STH Management describe MWT.

"Most people recognise Mark as one of the UK’s top Criminologist and Child Protection Experts who appears regularly in the media providing expert commentary on stories such as the `Disappearance of Madeleine McCann’, ‘Shannon Matthews’ ‘Josef Frizl’ (Austria), the ‘Jersey Care Home Sex Abuse Scandal’ ‘Paedophiles on Twitter and Facebook’ and ‘Soham 10 Years On.’

Working on a number of projects for ITV, BBC and Ch4 he presented a two part ITV special called To Catch A Paedophile - this highlighted paedophiles grooming young people and distributing child pornography via social networking sites (and showed the Met Police catching them too). He has also presented On the Run for ITV in which he catches dangerous criminals. The programmes provided an informative and educational insight into some of the dangerous offenders at large in our community (broadcast Sept 2009).

He speaks regularly at the US Crimes against Children conference in various cities around the USA which are attended by in excess of 3000 law enforcement officers from around the world.

Bringing with him his wealth of hands-on experience Mark is able to provide a new dimension to many of the criminological problems facing today’s society such as how the police investigate major crime and the risk management of sex offenders in the community.

Prior to setting up WT Associates in 2005 Mark was a police detective specialising in major crime and amongst other things worked on or was in charge of some of the largest paedophile and murder investigations in the country. He was also one of only 10 specialist Family Liaison officers during his time with Surrey Police Force.

Regularly called upon to speak at and chair conferences and academic debates with reference to major high profile criminal investigations and the release of sex offenders into the community, Mark is also in demand to share with after dinner audiences anecdotes of his detective days and a behind the scenes look into television police dramas such as the BBC’s Waking the Dead and Inspector Lynley.

Mark’s consultancy WT Associates was appointed Child Protection Consultants to the 2007 Team GB at the World Student Games in Thailand and the British Olympic Association looking after Team GB at the Beijing Olympic Games."

http://sthmanagement.co.uk/clientprofile.asp?id=9&cid=biog

...........................................................................................................

and this is a testimonial on the same website (there's only one testimonial)

"Mark`s talk was a fascinating glimpse into a world which is usually hidden and mysterious. To an extent he demystifies the world of police detective work, and he talks very well about his own journey to where he now finds himself and the pupils were spellbound by his detailed accounts of various cases he had been involved with as a police detective.

Some of what he has to say does not always make for comfortable listening as he draws from areas of crime whihc most people prefer to ignore or pretend do not exist (such as child abuse), but what he manages to do is communicate the importance of the work which some people are doing to catch criminals of a certain nature, and in a sense his lecture is reassuring and one leaves with a sense of gratitiude that people like Mark put themselves on the line, to protect society`

Dan Tobias - Monkton School"

(Monkton Combe school is an independent boarding/day school in bath)

http://sthmanagement.co.uk/clientprofile.asp?id=9&cid=testimonials

.................................................................................................................................

so...from speaking regularly at the US Crimes against Children conference in various cities around the USA which are attended by in excess of 3000 law enforcement officers from around the world to the one and only testimonial from a school in Bath.

As an aside, the spelling errors in the STH website pages are their own - it looks like they're not into detail imo.

aquila

Posts : 7953
Reputation : 1174
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Mark Williams-Thomas thread

Post by Nereid on Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:58 pm

His career so far, from what I've found. Please add/correct as you wish:


1989                                       He began his police career in Surrey

                                                Held positions as Detective / Liaison Officer

2000                                       He launched the high-profile investigation into the singer and record and TV producer Jonathan King , leading to King’s
                                                conviction in 2001 for abusing boys, and led a local inquiry into paedophilia.
 

2000                                       Left the Force

 (http://www.theguardian.com/media/2013/feb/24/mark-williams-thomas-jimmy-savile?CMP=twt_fd )

2001                                       Marketing Director @ Gumfighters  

(http://ww3.wandsworth.gov.uk/news/pressreleasedetail.asp?id=1320 )

2002-2003                            Freelance reporter

(http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/southern_counties/2963918.stm )

2005                                       set up an independent child protection firm, WT Associates

2005 – 2011                         Child Protection Consultant

Sep 2005 – now                   Child Protection Expert & Criminologist @ TV Presenter/Media

Jan 2006 - present             Managing Director @ WT Associates

(http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/mark-williams-thomas-ma-pg-dip/3/884/2b5)

Nov  2007                            Masters of Art (Criminology)

June 2007                            Post Graduate Diploma (Commendation) – June 2007

(http://www.bcu.ac.uk/research/-centres-of-excellence/centre-for-research-in-education/people/mark-williams-thomas )

2009 – 2010                         Detective, Surrey Police

(http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/mark-williams-thomas-ma-pg-dip/3/884/2b5 )

Febr 2012                            embarked on his biggest investigation yet (Jimmy Saville)

(http://www.theguardian.com/media/2013/feb/24/mark-williams-thomas-jimmy-savile?CMP=twt_fd )

Currently                             Studying for PhD in Criminology

****************************************************************************************************************************



I didn't realise he went back to Surrey Police in 2009/2010

Nereid

Posts : 308
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2013-05-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum