The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Police bust-up sparks fear for Madeleine McCann investigation

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Police bust-up sparks fear for Madeleine McCann investigation

Post by Guest on 03.08.13 14:22

@sallypelt wrote:"he can’t “accept that Gerry and Kate as parents of the child could have been involved in her murder". Why did MWT mention "murder"? He needs to think before he puts his mouth into gear. And he says "can't believe that Gerry and Kate....". Shouldn't he, as a "professional"  have said K and G McCann? Why personalise things. Also, a "PR". NOT ANOTHER ONE???

 "Out of the mouth's of babe's" springs to mind sallypelt. From what I've read he's another spin man for the McCanns, has been since day one.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Police bust-up sparks fear for Madeleine McCann investigation

Post by jozi on 03.08.13 14:32

This is interesting.

Questioned yesterday, September 14, about his business relationship, as a expert also in media handling and advice for high profile cases, Mr. Mark Williams-Thomas initially confirmed that his company had a contract to provide services to the McCann. Asked to confirm some details of that business relationship, he changed his initial answer and denied any relationship, admitting only that he has “been in contact with the press officers for the family.”

Does anybody know what year he had a contract to provide services to the Mcs and more to the point what services do they provide ?
Expert in Media handling and advice.......bet he's second in charge to Clarry. LOL

So many Media Experts working for the Mcs ?

jozi

Posts : 710
Reputation : 15
Join date : 2012-05-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Police bust-up sparks fear for Madeleine McCann investigation

Post by Guest on 03.08.13 14:53

Many a true word jozi

Now this is a turn up:





















Friday, July 15, 2011

The shady past of McCann supporter Mark William-Thomas


June 2003 - Man 'blackmailed funeral firm'




A journalist blackmailed a funeral firm by threatening to publish claims more than one person was buried in the same grave, a court has heard.


Freelance reporter Mark Williams-Thomas demanded money from the chief executive of Dignity Funerals, Chichester Crown Court was told.


Miss Henrietta Padget, prosecuting, told the jury that at least three newspapers and a TV station were said by Mr Williams-Thomas to have been ready to run the story.


He claimed a former Dignity employee had told him bodies had been buried "inappropriately" at a cemetery in Leatherhead, Surrey.




Blackmail claim


Mr Williams-Thomas, of Beech Lane, Hindhead, Surrey, denies a charge of blackmail.


The court was told he had arranged to meet the chief executive of Dignity, Peter Hindley, at the Gatwick Hilton in January 2002.


"Mr Thomas told Mr Hindley that the story was ready to go and that newspapers and TV were interested," she said.


"He said he was a businessman trying to sell a story, and that if Mr Hindley bought the story that would be the end of the matter.


"He said if they bought it he would take care of it." Miss Padget said the defendant's demands added up to blackmail.

http://www.bushywood.com/crown_prosecution_service/henrietta_paget.htm

http://www.anorak.co.uk/208963/madeleine-mccann/madeleine-mccanns-kidnapper-calls-police.html/
More GEMS of wisdom from Mark William-Thomas

 http://steelmagnolia-steelmagnolia.blogspot.co.uk/2011/07/shady-past-of-mccann-supporter-mark.html

what

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Police bust-up sparks fear for Madeleine McCann investigation

Post by sallypelt on 03.08.13 14:57


June 2003 - Man 'blackmailed funeral firm'





A journalist blackmailed a funeral firm by threatening to publish claims more than one person was buried in the same grave, a court has heard.



Freelance reporter Mark Williams-Thomas demanded money from the chief executive of Dignity Funerals, Chichester Crown Court was told.



Miss Henrietta Padget, prosecuting, told the jury that at least three newspapers and a TV station were said by Mr Williams-Thomas to have been ready to run the story.



He claimed a former Dignity employee had told him bodies had been buried "inappropriately" at a cemetery in Leatherhead, Surrey.





Blackmail claim



Mr Williams-Thomas, of Beech Lane, Hindhead, Surrey, denies a charge of blackmail.



The court was told he had arranged to meet the chief executive of Dignity, Peter Hindley, at the Gatwick Hilton in January 2002.



"Mr Thomas told Mr Hindley that the story was ready to go and that newspapers and TV were interested," she said.



"He said he was a businessman trying to sell a story, and that if Mr Hindley bought the story that would be the end of the matter.



"He said if they bought it he would take care of it." Miss Padget said the defendant's demands added up to blackmail.

http://www.bushywood.com/crown_prosecution_service/henrietta_paget.htm

sallypelt

Posts : 3305
Reputation : 524
Join date : 2012-11-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Police bust-up sparks fear for Madeleine McCann investigation

Post by sallypelt on 03.08.13 15:04

Mark Williams-Thomas is described repeatedly as a "child protection expert". Even Australia's respected ABC program 4 Corners introduced him as such.

He has no justification for making the claim and offering himself up as an expert on how to protect children.

The truth about Mark Williams-Thomas is this : he was a uniformed police officer on the beat for 9 years with the Surrey Police.

He graduated to Detective Constable- a role he held for only nine months before he left the Surrey Police under unexplained circumstances.

No detective constable in any police force around the world conducts police investigations. Rather they are part of a team with an Inspector (at the least) overseeing an inquiry. A DC could be answering phones, chasing up addresses. sitting in a car with another officer watching a suspect.

Yet the media has blithely accepted Williams-Thomas exagerated claim that implies he was a major investigator on a number of important cases including the jailing of celebrity Jonathan King who oddly, was not the subject of any investigation until after Williams-Thomas left the force.
It would be prudent not to ask Williams-Thomas former colleagues at the Surrey Police what they think of him taking all the credit for the team's hard work.

This eight-month former DC then popped up with a company "advising' on child protection, a subject of which he had no specific knowledge of apart from his own self appointed, non-existent qualifications.

Two companies he set up were closed down.

In June 2003 in Chichester Crown Court , Mark Williams-Thomas was charged with blackmailing a Funeral firm after he claimed to be a journalist who had uncovered evidence of more than one body being buried in a coffin.
He offered to "sell the story" to the director of Dignity Funerals, rather than one of his friends on a tabloid newspaper.
The story was completely false but as Williams-Thomas helpfully explained, the ensuing tabloid sensation would surely ruin the firm.

The facts of the Crown case against Williams-Thomas for blackmail were not disputed.
He was found not guilty of blackmail.

A memory for facts is not Williams-Thomas greatest talent. On his website he says he was a policeman from 1989 to 2000.
In this Daily Mirror article, he says As a police officer I worked in the area of child protection for 20 years.

Many of the remarks he makes rings alarm bells.


In 2008 Mark Williams-Thomas popped up as an 'expert' on tabloid TV pontificating about the mysterious disappearance of Madeline McCann.
He implied he was 'assisting' the McCann family and 'investigating' the case on their behalf.

The McCann's had to tell him to buzz off before he did too much damage.

Mark Williams-Thomas found pay dirt with his 'Exposure' TV show about Jimmy Savile where he presented several anonymous woman who were presented as being"independent of each other" as witnesses who confirmed Savile had abused them in a "pattern of abuse".
Those woman had been liaising with each other via the Internet for several years.

That does not mean they had not been abused but they were not independent witnesses unknown to each other. To present them as such is a fraud.

As a DC at Surrey Police Williams-Thomas was briefly a 'Family Liaison Officer', whose job is to liaise with victims of crime.
16 year old Ruth Wilson went missing in 1995 and was never seen again. Williams-Thomas was eventually appointed to liaise with her family. When he described them as "not very telegenic or sympathetic" and tried to convince one parent to go on a "reality TV show" to "describe their plight" he was withdrawn from the case. He left Surrey Police shortly after under a cloud.

It's safe to say the name "Williams-Thomas" is not a name to mention to Ruth Wilson's still grieving parents.

Mark Williams-Thomas has boasted in several TV interviews that he regularly released information against orders, to journalists. Two police officers were jailed last month in the UK for similar crimes. Others are facing the same charge.

Mark Williams-Thomas has announced he is working on a new tabloid TV show that will "save abused children". The show is not scheduled to screen until late 2013.
Presumably the children to be saved must wait until then.

Mark Williams-Thomas had a celebrity agent pal who he had dealings with: the agent's name was Max Clifford who was the "go to agent" if you claimed you had been abused by a celebrity and wished to sell your story to a tabloid. Max would get all the details, shop the tale around and advise the claimant to go to the police.


http://hardcastleintel.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/criminal-fraud-on-massive-scale.html


I think I've learnt all I need to know about MWT. He appears to be a bit of a fraud..........allegedly.

sallypelt

Posts : 3305
Reputation : 524
Join date : 2012-11-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Police bust-up sparks fear for Madeleine McCann investigation

Post by coppernob on 03.08.13 15:08

Havn't had time to read all this thread but parking this is here sorry if it's already been mentioned :


About Wt Associates Limited. Wt Associates Limited was set up on 12 Jun 2007 in Surrey. Its current status is listed as "Live"and it currently has 2 directors.

www.companiesintheuk.co.uk/ltd/wt-associates

coppernob

Posts : 58
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-02-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Police bust-up sparks fear for Madeleine McCann investigation

Post by Guest on 03.08.13 15:14

@sallypelt wrote:Mark Williams-Thomas is described repeatedly as a "child protection expert". Even Australia's respected ABC program 4 Corners introduced him as such.

He has no justification for making the claim and offering himself up as an expert on how to protect children.

The truth about Mark Williams-Thomas is this : he was a uniformed police officer on the beat for 9 years with the Surrey Police.

He graduated to Detective Constable- a role he held for only nine months before he left the Surrey Police under unexplained circumstances.

No detective constable in any police force around the world conducts police investigations. Rather they are part of a  team with an Inspector (at the least) overseeing an inquiry. A DC could be answering phones, chasing up addresses. sitting in a car with another officer watching a suspect.

Yet the media has blithely accepted Williams-Thomas exagerated claim that implies he was a major investigator on a number of important cases including the jailing of celebrity Jonathan King who oddly, was not the subject of any investigation until after Williams-Thomas left the force.
It would be prudent not to ask Williams-Thomas former colleagues at the Surrey Police what they think of him taking all the credit for the team's hard work.

This eight-month former DC then popped up with a company "advising' on child protection, a subject of which he had no specific knowledge of apart from his own self appointed, non-existent qualifications.

Two  companies he set up were closed down.

In June 2003 in Chichester Crown Court , Mark Williams-Thomas was charged with blackmailing a Funeral firm after he claimed to be a journalist who had uncovered evidence of more than one body being buried in a coffin.
He offered to "sell the story" to the director of Dignity Funerals, rather than one of his friends on a tabloid  newspaper.
The story was completely false but as Williams-Thomas helpfully explained, the ensuing tabloid sensation would surely ruin the firm.

The facts of the Crown case against Williams-Thomas for blackmail were not disputed.
He was found not guilty of blackmail.

A memory for facts is not Williams-Thomas greatest talent. On his website he says he was a policeman from 1989 to 2000.
In this Daily Mirror article, he says As a police officer I worked in the area of child protection for 20 years.

Many of the remarks he makes rings alarm bells.


In 2008 Mark Williams-Thomas popped up as an 'expert' on tabloid TV pontificating about the mysterious disappearance of Madeline McCann.
He implied he was 'assisting' the McCann family and 'investigating' the case on their behalf.

The McCann's had to tell him to buzz off before he did too much damage.

Mark Williams-Thomas found pay dirt with his 'Exposure' TV show about Jimmy Savile where he presented several anonymous woman who were presented as being"independent of each other" as witnesses who confirmed Savile had abused them in a "pattern of abuse".
Those woman had been liaising with each other via the Internet for several years.

That does not mean they had not been abused but they were not independent witnesses unknown to each other. To present them as such is a fraud.

As a DC at Surrey Police Williams-Thomas was briefly a 'Family Liaison Officer', whose job is to liaise with victims of crime.
16 year old Ruth Wilson went missing in 1995 and was never seen again. Williams-Thomas was eventually appointed to liaise with her family. When he described them as "not very telegenic or sympathetic" and tried to convince one parent to go on a "reality TV show" to "describe their plight" he was withdrawn from the case. He left Surrey Police shortly after under a cloud.

It's safe to say the name "Williams-Thomas" is not a name to mention to Ruth Wilson's still grieving parents.

Mark Williams-Thomas has boasted in several TV interviews that he regularly released information against orders, to journalists. Two police officers were jailed last month in the UK for similar crimes. Others are facing the same charge.

Mark Williams-Thomas has announced he is working on a new tabloid TV show that will "save abused children". The show is not scheduled to screen until late 2013.
Presumably the children to be saved must wait until then.

Mark Williams-Thomas had a celebrity agent pal who he had dealings with: the agent's name was Max Clifford who was the "go to agent" if you claimed you had been abused by a celebrity and wished to sell your story to a tabloid. Max would get all the details, shop the tale around and advise the claimant to go to the police.


http://hardcastleintel.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/criminal-fraud-on-massive-scale.html


I think I've learnt all I need to know about MWT. He appears to be a bit of a fraud..........allegedly.
Sorry sallypelt my blackmail post must have found details at the same time, I tried to delete mine but couldn't

Agree with your comments.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Police bust-up sparks fear for Madeleine McCann investigation

Post by Guest on 03.08.13 15:27

From the WhatDoTheyKnow FOI site re Williams-Thomas

quote
I write in connection with your request for information which was received by Surrey
Police on 2nd October 2012. You asked:

Q1) I wish to request the disciplinary record for Mark Williams Thomas-

Q2) Also his length of service and in particular the length of time he was a detective.

I have now considered your request under the Freedom of Information Act 2000
(FOIA).

Answer 1
In relation to question 1 of your request, this letter represents a Refusal Notice for this
particular question. Surrey Police can neither confirm nor deny that it holds the
information you requested as the duty in Section1(1)(a) of the Freedom of Information
Act 2000 does not apply, by virtue of the following exemption:

Section 40(5)(b)(1) Personal Information.

However, this should not be taken as conclusive evidence that the information you
requested exists or does not exist. Any discussion of personal information, in this
case in relation to whether an individual has or has not got a discipline record,
breaches the principles of the Data Protection Act and infringes that person’s Human
Rights. This is reiterated in a Decision Notice FS50166779 issued by the Information
Commissioner’s Office website in June 2009
unquote

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Police bust-up sparks fear for Madeleine McCann investigation

Post by sallypelt on 03.08.13 15:31

@coppernob wrote:Havn't had time to read all this thread but parking this is here sorry if it's already been mentioned :


About Wt Associates Limited. Wt Associates Limited was set up on 12 Jun 2007 in Surrey. Its current status is listed as "Live"and it currently has 2 directors.

www.companiesintheuk.co.uk/ltd/wt-associates

This company is also known as Matters2Me.

Matters2me Limited was registered on 12 Jun 2007 with its registered office in Surrey. The business has a status listed as "Live"and it currently has 2 directors. It was founded by Ms Karen Williams-Thomas, Mr Mark Williams-Thomas. Matters2me Limited has no subsidiaries.

MATTERS2ME LIMITED is a Private Limited Company registered in United Kingdom with the Company reg no 06276209. Its current trading status is "live". It was registered 2007-06-12. It was previously called WT ASSOCIATES LIMITED. It has declared SIC or NACE codes as "99999 - Dormant Company". It has 2 directors and 1 secretary. The latest accounts are filed up to 2012-06-30. The latest annual return was filed up to 2013-06-12

The above says "it was previously called WT Associates Limited", yet my searches tell me that BOTH companies are STILL active. What is going on??

sallypelt

Posts : 3305
Reputation : 524
Join date : 2012-11-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Police bust-up sparks fear for Madeleine McCann investigation

Post by Tony Bennett on 03.08.13 15:35

@jozi wrote:This is interesting.

Questioned yesterday, September 14, about his business relationship, as a expert also in media handling and advice for high profile cases, Mr. Mark Williams-Thomas initially confirmed that his company had a contract to provide services to the McCann. Asked to confirm some details of that business relationship, he changed his initial answer and denied any relationship, admitting only that he has “been in contact with the press officers for the family.”

Does anybody know what year he had a contract to provide services to the Mcs and more to the point what services do they provide?
 This little episode didn't rate a mention anywhere in the 392-page hardback book, 'madeleine'. by Dr Kate McCann

____________________

                            "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"


Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

Posts : 13975
Reputation : 2147
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 69
Location : Harlow, Essex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Police bust-up sparks fear for Madeleine McCann investigation

Post by Guest on 03.08.13 15:36

Also from FOI reply by Surrey Police

quote
Q2) Also his length of service and in particular the length of time he was a detective.
[...]
Question 2
I can confirm that this information is held by Surrey Police. It is unusual for a police
force to confirm whether or not an individual is, or has been a police officer. However
in this case, the named individual has made no secret of the fact that he was
employed by the force. This information is available on his website and he has also
disclosed the fact on news and documentary programmes. That said, I am not obliged
to disclose the specific details that you have requested in question 2, as the duty in
Section 1(1)(b) of the Freedom of Information Act 2000 does not apply, by virtue of the
following exemptions:

• Section 40(2) Personal Information.
unquote

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Police bust-up sparks fear for Madeleine McCann investigation

Post by Tony Bennett on 03.08.13 15:41

Châtelaine wrote:Also from FOI reply by Surrey Police

quote
Q2) Also his length of service and in particular the length of time he was a detective.
[...]
Question 2
I can confirm that this information is held by Surrey Police.  It is unusual for a police
force to confirm whether or not an individual is,  or has been a police officer.  However
in this case, the named individual has made no secret of the fact that he was
employed by the force.  This information is available on his website and he has also
disclosed the fact on news and documentary programmes. That said, I am not obliged
to disclose the specific details that you have requested in question 2,  as the duty in
Section 1(1)(b) of the Freedom of Information Act 2000 does not apply, by virtue of the
following exemptions:

•  Section 40(2) Personal Information.  
unquote
The reason he left the police force would have been an even better question to ask - but of course it would never have been answered. It seems only the greatest child protection expert in the country* could answer that

* Mark Williams-Thomas

____________________

                            "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"


Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

Posts : 13975
Reputation : 2147
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 69
Location : Harlow, Essex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Police bust-up sparks fear for Madeleine McCann investigation

Post by tigger on 03.08.13 15:42

@sallypelt wrote:
@coppernob wrote:Havn't had time to read all this thread but parking this is here sorry if it's already been mentioned :


About Wt Associates Limited. Wt Associates Limited was set up on 12 Jun 2007 in Surrey. Its current status is listed as "Live"and it currently has 2 directors.

www.companiesintheuk.co.uk/ltd/wt-associates

This company is also known as Matters2Me.

Matters2me Limited was registered on 12 Jun 2007 with its registered office in Surrey. The business has a status listed as "Live"and it currently has 2 directors. It was founded by Ms Karen Williams-Thomas, Mr Mark Williams-Thomas. Matters2me Limited has no subsidiaries.

MATTERS2ME LIMITED is a Private Limited Company registered in United Kingdom with the Company reg no 06276209. Its current trading status is "live". It was registered 2007-06-12. It was previously called WT ASSOCIATES LIMITED. It has declared SIC or NACE codes as "99999 - Dormant Company". It has 2 directors and 1 secretary. The latest accounts are filed up to 2012-06-30. The latest annual return was filed up to 2013-06-12
Iirc the second director is his wife.

____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.

tigger

Posts : 8112
Reputation : 24
Join date : 2011-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Police bust-up sparks fear for Madeleine McCann investigation

Post by sallypelt on 03.08.13 15:54

[quote="Tony Bennett"]
Châtelaine wrote:Also from FOI reply by Surrey Police

quote
Q2) Also his length of service and in particular the length of time he was a detective.
[...]
Question 2
I can confirm that this information is held by Surrey Police.  It is unusual for a police
force to confirm whether or not an individual is,  or has been a police officer.  However
in this case, the named individual has made no secret of the fact that he was
employed by the force.  This information is available on his website and he has also
disclosed the fact on news and documentary programmes. That said, I am not obliged
to disclose the specific details that you have requested in question 2,  as the duty in
Section 1(1)(b) of the Freedom of Information Act 2000 does not apply, by virtue of the
following exemptions:

•  Section 40(2) Personal Information.  
unquote
The reason he left the police force would have been an even better question to ask - but of course it would never have been answered. It seems only the greatest child protection expert in the country* could answer that

* Mark Williams-Thomas[/quote


I had to leave the police to expose him

The man who revealed Jimmy Savile’s crimes says the lack of red tape makes it easier to catch criminals as a journalist than as a detective

http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/newsreview/features/article1172557.ece

titter 

sallypelt

Posts : 3305
Reputation : 524
Join date : 2012-11-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Police bust-up sparks fear for Madeleine McCann investigation

Post by sallypelt on 03.08.13 15:59

http://www.annaraccoon.com/politics/fanning-the-flames-in-the-ethical-vacuum/

Lots of criticism about MWT from around the world, on that link

sallypelt

Posts : 3305
Reputation : 524
Join date : 2012-11-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Police bust-up sparks fear for Madeleine McCann investigation

Post by aiyoyo on 03.08.13 16:03

It is SO highly unusual that a so called Criminologist and Child Protection Specialist to comment that Police should ditch their case against her parents when the elimination of them from the equation is a fundamental step if the case is to progress forward.  A Child Protection Expert who appears to be more concerned over the adults whose involvement or not is neither established nor cleared yet, rather than prioritises the child's welfare for protection, needs to have his credentials thoroughly verified by the relevant authorities. You have to wonder why he calls for the investigation to stir away from the parents and how that can be pertinent to the welfare of the child?
 

More importantly for a self-claimed experienced Child Protection Expert to even suggest that a 3-year-old child on waking up in pitch dark would tucked in her toys neatly under the bed first before wondering out to look for her parents beggars belief. Good Grief - what a barking mad notion!
It's more normal for a young child who wakes up in the dark to cry out for attention, and NOT tucked in toys.
 Besides, how was Maddie to know her parents were not in the apartment?   Also she would not have knowledge of the toys being there anyway since they were place there by her mum she'd gone to sleep.




aiyoyo

Posts : 9611
Reputation : 318
Join date : 2009-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Police bust-up sparks fear for Madeleine McCann investigation

Post by Guest on 03.08.13 16:36

From http://www.thespeakersagency.com/speakerprofile/13/Mark-Williams-Thomas-MA

“Regularly called upon to speak at and chair conferences and academic debates on major high profile criminal investigations, and the release of sex offenders into the community, Mark gives talks around the world including the Crimes against Children Conference in the US where over 3000 law enforcement officers from around the world gather each year.

Mark is also in demand to share with after dinner audience’s anecdotes of his detective days and a behind the scenes look into television police dramas such as the BBC’s Waking the Dead and Inspector Lynley who he script advises for.”

It seems he won’t be attending this year’s Crimes against Children Conference:
http://cacconference.org/dcac/downloads/2013PreLimPgm.pdf

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Police bust-up sparks fear for Madeleine McCann investigation

Post by Guest on 03.08.13 17:15

It seems easier to find the record of a Met detective in 1829 than a Surrey detective 2000-something ...
big grin 

Interesting site: http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/records/looking-for-person/policeofficer.htm

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Police bust-up sparks fear for Madeleine McCann investigation

Post by sallypelt on 03.08.13 17:32

Châtelaine wrote:It seems easier to find the record of a Met detective in 1829 than a Surrey detective 2000-something ...
big grin 

Interesting site: http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/records/looking-for-person/policeofficer.htm

Mark Williams Thomas appears to be very elusive, considering he's so "high profile". Who is this man?

sallypelt

Posts : 3305
Reputation : 524
Join date : 2012-11-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Police bust-up sparks fear for Madeleine McCann investigation

Post by Tony Bennett on 03.08.13 18:10

@sallypelt wrote:
Châtelaine wrote:It seems easier to find the record of a Met detective in 1829 than a Surrey detective 2000-something ...
big grin 

Interesting site: http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/records/looking-for-person/policeofficer.htm

Mark Williams Thomas appears to be very elusive, considering he's so "high profile". Who is this man?
Mark Williams-Thomas is useful.

He is useful to Rupert Murdoch.

He is useful to Murdoch's SKY News...

...in the same way that Antonellla Lazzeri is useful to Murdoch's Sun.

____________________

                            "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"


Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

Posts : 13975
Reputation : 2147
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 69
Location : Harlow, Essex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Police bust-up sparks fear for Madeleine McCann investigation

Post by Guest on 03.08.13 18:45

Châtelaine wrote:It seems easier to find the record of a Met detective in 1829 than a Surrey detective 2000-something ...
big grin 

Interesting site: http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/records/looking-for-person/policeofficer.htm

This site is as its name suggests for archive records and not for current or recent serving officers. 

Presumably for reasons of security there isn't a register to cover those.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Police bust-up sparks fear for Madeleine McCann investigation

Post by coppernob on 03.08.13 19:01


coppernob

Posts : 58
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-02-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Police bust-up sparks fear for Madeleine McCann investigation

Post by plebgate on 03.08.13 20:07

So we are asked to believe that a 3 year old child wakes up in a strange apartment, tidies her toys on the bed and then thinks to herself, I will walk out of the unlocked patio doors and go and look for mummy and daddy?   Then by pure chance an abductor happens to be walking by at that very moment and snatched Maddie off the street?

Why wouldn't a distressed 3 year old (which she must have been imo) carry her favourite toy with her for comfort whilst she went to look for her parents.  Tidied her toys away before she went to look for her parents?  

I've heard it all now.

edited - spelling.

plebgate

Posts : 5445
Reputation : 1160
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Police bust-up sparks fear for Madeleine McCann investigation

Post by Guest on 03.08.13 20:59

@plebgate wrote:So we are asked to believe that a 3 year old child wakes up in a strange apartment, tidies her toys on the bed and then thinks to herself, I will walk out of the unlocked patio doors and go and look for mummy and daddy?   Then by pure chance an abductor happens to be walking by at that very moment and snatched Maddie off the street?

Why wouldn't a distressed 3 year old (which she must have been imo) carry her favourite toy with her for comfort whilst she went to look for her parents.  Tidied her toys away before she went to look for her parents?  

I've heard it all now.

edited - spelling.
Which toys?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Police bust-up sparks fear for Madeleine McCann investigation

Post by Guest on 03.08.13 21:54

Good question Portia as from what I understand there was very little in the apartment  - clothes, toys etc - to support the supposed family residence for nearly a week.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum