The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Theresa May asks permission for Met to start Madeleine McCann inquiry in Portugal  - Page 4 Mm11

Theresa May asks permission for Met to start Madeleine McCann inquiry in Portugal  - Page 4 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Theresa May asks permission for Met to start Madeleine McCann inquiry in Portugal  - Page 4 Mm11

Theresa May asks permission for Met to start Madeleine McCann inquiry in Portugal  - Page 4 Regist10

Theresa May asks permission for Met to start Madeleine McCann inquiry in Portugal

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Theresa May asks permission for Met to start Madeleine McCann inquiry in Portugal  - Page 4 Empty Re: Theresa May asks permission for Met to start Madeleine McCann inquiry in Portugal

Post by aiyoyo 03.08.13 16:13

jeanmonroe wrote:
Châtelaine wrote:Against all odds [here] I remain confident that both SY and PJ will try and hopefully solve the case.

Haven't the PJ, in their mind, already 'solved' the case?

Theoretically yes, but the madcouple are not pleased with the PJ's findings, and are digging a bigger hole for themselves.
Or should I say hoisted by their own petard.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Theresa May asks permission for Met to start Madeleine McCann inquiry in Portugal  - Page 4 Empty Re: Theresa May asks permission for Met to start Madeleine McCann inquiry in Portugal

Post by aiyoyo 03.08.13 16:38

tigger wrote:
aiyoyo wrote:
lj wrote:
The whole exercise is set up to fail in a way they can blame Portugal for that.

By who?  the Mccanns?  Nothing new there then.

By the Police? And risk bringing the country into a row with Portugal?  Personally I dont think that will happen.

Would the Home Office dare criticise the Portugal Authorities; and render themselves stupid?
No one points a gun at Theresa May to force her to continue the funding of the Review.
The decision must have been aken with good reason.  

To white wash you don't need a valid reason, no reason would be valid anyway.

In which case, why stop looking then for an indeterminate length of time whilst a highly publicised review is going on? 
Over two years during which time Maddie - according to the 'crack team' of detectives they laid off when the review started - she was most likely in a hellish liar.

But that could wait - so far I've seen nothing that even looks like a genuine investigation from SY.

Oh, it's genuine alright!
Except they prefer to test out the PJ's conclusion by their own methodology which they termed new thinking, new theory, new methods, new whatever, which is a lot of tosh if that's what they are doing to satisfy themselves that the PJ got it right all along. Beat round the bush way to come to a consensus with the Portuguese. There must be a rationale behind this working method from retrospect and one wonders what might their objective be.
You have to question how they managed to narrow down the 195 fresh leads into 38 POI. What happened to the rest?
If POI does not mean Suspect, then you have to wonder whether they do have *suspect* in mind, and whether they are just cleverly playing with their words.

2 suspects would be ample. 38 would be madness.

It would be interesting to watch AR chaperoned by PJ while he goes about his interrogation task.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by lj 03.08.13 17:10

aiyoyo wrote:
lj wrote:

By the Police? And risk bringing the country into a row with Portugal?  Personally I dont think that will happen.

Would the Home Office dare criticise the Portugal Authorities; and render themselves stupid?
No one points a gun at Theresa May to force her to continue the funding of the Review.

And risk bringing the country into a row with Portugal?

As if that not happened before in this case. To name a few of those "incidents": an ambassador who interferes in a police investigation so the main suspects (although not officially at that time) can wash all clothes worn on the day of the crime.

Protection from and help against the PJ investigation.

Being briefed beyond what's normal. Given information, being warned about surveillance.

Having put political pressure on the judiciary.

Having the main subjects being whisked out of Portugal.

And if you doubt that this is all a "row worthy" remember that any request for further information, even through the FOIA is being answered with: we can't give that, matter of national security, would irreparable damage ties with Portugal.

The white wash has been going on since the clothing wash on May 5th, 2007.

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/
lj
lj

Activity : 3590

Back to top Go down

Post by T4two 03.08.13 17:20

tigger wrote:
aiyoyo wrote:
lj wrote:

In which case, why stop looking then for an indeterminate length of time whilst a highly publicised review is going on? 
Over two years during which time Maddie - according to the 'crack team' of detectives they laid off when the review started - she was most likely in a hellish liar.

But that could wait - so far I've seen nothing that even looks like a genuine investigation from SY.

I haven't either. For me the only genuine investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann involving a British police force was the one by the Portuguese assisted by Leicestershire Constabulary which seems to have been an excellent demonstration of two forces working together - at least as far as the people on the ground were concerned; if only the same could have been said for whatever was going on back at HQ perhaps the case could have been solved there and then. Be that as it may, to quote the Assistant Chief Constable of Leicestershire Constabulary, “While one or both of them may be innocent, there is no clear evidence that eliminates them from involvement in Madeleine’s disappearance.” That is the status quo against which any assertion by Redwood of the Yard that the parents are not suspects or even persons of interest must be judged. I bet there are a few people at Leicestershire Constabulary watching the Yard's progress or lack of it, very carefully indeed.
T4two
T4two

Activity : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 03.08.13 17:31

thumbsup The voice of reason.  The reports of the liaison officers reflect the cooperation  from the PJ at the time.  

(Where you bin, boy?) winkwink

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by lj 03.08.13 17:40

T4two wrote:
tigger wrote:
aiyoyo wrote:
lj wrote:

I haven't either. For me the only genuine investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann involving a British police force was the one by the Portuguese assisted by Leicestershire Constabulary which seems to have been an excellent demonstration of two forces working together - at least as far as the people on the ground were concerned; if only the same could have been said for whatever was going on back at HQ perhaps the case could have been solved there and then. Be that as it may, to quote the Assistant Chief Constable of Leicestershire Constabulary, “While one or both of them may be innocent, there is no clear evidence that eliminates them from involvement in Madeleine’s disappearance.” That is the status quo against which any assertion by Redwood of the Yard that the parents are not suspects or even persons of interest must be judged. I bet there are a few people at Leicestershire Constabulary watching the Yard's progress or lack of it, very carefully indeed.

Thanks T42 I had forgotten about that one. So this great police force is not only pooh-poohing the PJ but also their colleagues from Leicestershire . All with a pompous air of arrogance that their quality of work is so much better than what the PJ in cooperation with their British counterparts did in 2007-2008.

lj
lj

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 03.08.13 18:18

IF Deadwood comes out with "yeah, no, yeah so i don't know"

I'm sure there will be a now 'retired' proper cop from the Leicestershire Police force who 'worked on the investigation' to put him right!
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by susible 03.08.13 22:30

I think the reason that a lot of members feel that the whitewash scenario is negative is because it leaves us all nowhere.  All of the years of finding information, trawling through the files and taking a lot of flack for being of the opinion that the McCanns had something to do with their daughter's disappearance, is totally in vain, and I don't think anyone wants to think that.

In fact I wouldn't be surprised if SY would like us all to be quiet, not so they can produce a whitewash, but more so because I think there have been many posters who have got a good handle on the case and are probably very close to the truth, if not nailing it totally and of course the problem with that is that we keep alerting the McCanns (because we know they read these forums) to the large gaping holes in their stories, which they then attempt to correct.  How many times has someone made a comment about something the Mc's have said or done, only for them to appear in the media in some form or another to counter what has been said.  Therefore, when there are a group of intelligent (or so I like to think lol)  people second guessing every move of the investigation, it could be quite concerning for the police that we could actually be helping the main suspects to build their defence.  Sorry, I'm not phrasing that particularly well (not so intelligent as this time of night lol) but I suppose I am wondering if Redwood's statements are as much about hoping that we will all go..."what the tapas lot are not suspects...this is going to be a whitewash" and hopefully we'll all just give up!  No chance of that though.

However, I really don't believe it is a cover up or whitewash or it would all have been done and dusted now and the Mc's would have disappeared from view and we would hear nothing else about them.  They haven't gone away though, because they are still desperate to prove to anyone who will listen that they're innocent of everything..they wouldn't need to do that if they were being protected and the met would simply have said at the review stage, that there was nothing left to investigate, that Madeleine had been abducted by person(s) unknown and sadly they will be unlikely to find out what happened to her..End of story/

So, no, I still have faith that this will be a proper investigation and that there will be a satisfactory outcome.
susible

Activity : 338

Back to top Go down

Theresa May asks permission for Met to start Madeleine McCann inquiry in Portugal  - Page 4 Empty thanks

Post by marconi 04.08.13 0:42

susible wrote:I think the reason that a lot of members feel that the whitewash scenario is negative is because it leaves us all nowhere.  All of the years of finding information, trawling through the files and taking a lot of flack for being of the opinion that the McCanns had something to do with their daughter's disappearance, is totally in vain, and I don't think anyone wants to think that.

In fact I wouldn't be surprised if SY would like us all to be quiet, not so they can produce a whitewash, but more so because I think there have been many posters who have got a good handle on the case and are probably very close to the truth, if not nailing it totally and of course the problem with that is that we keep alerting the McCanns (because we know they read these forums) to the large gaping holes in their stories, which they then attempt to correct.  How many times has someone made a comment about something the Mc's have said or done, only for them to appear in the media in some form or another to counter what has been said.  Therefore, when there are a group of intelligent (or so I like to think lol)  people second guessing every move of the investigation, it could be quite concerning for the police that we could actually be helping the main suspects to build their defence.  Sorry, I'm not phrasing that particularly well (not so intelligent as this time of night lol) but I suppose I am wondering if Redwood's statements are as much about hoping that we will all go..."what the tapas lot are not suspects...this is going to be a whitewash" and hopefully we'll all just give up!  No chance of that though.

However, I really don't believe it is a cover up or whitewash or it would all have been done and dusted now and the Mc's would have disappeared from view and we would hear nothing else about them.  They haven't gone away though, because they are still desperate to prove to anyone who will listen that they're innocent of everything..they wouldn't need to do that if they were being protected and the met would simply have said at the review stage, that there was nothing left to investigate, that Madeleine had been abducted by person(s) unknown and sadly they will be unlikely to find out what happened to her..End of story/

So, no, I still have faith that this will be a proper investigation and that there will be a satisfactory outcome.

thank you for your positive words. we all need them.   my opinion is your opinion.

the police will never tell us what is going on

and I believe in a good outcome.winkwink
marconi

Activity : 1104

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 04.08.13 1:32

Very well said Susible.  I agree why prolong a whitewash, it only complicates things.
Cristobell

Activity : 2552

Back to top Go down

Post by deafoldbat 04.08.13 8:01

Thank you for the last three positive posts - sometimes I find the whole situation so overwhelming with all the speculation and opinion, it helps to keep a balance in my mind when I read them!  I am just an armchair "Miss Marple" but I feel so strongly that justice must prevail for Madeleine. yes
deafoldbat
deafoldbat

Activity : 106

Back to top Go down

Theresa May asks permission for Met to start Madeleine McCann inquiry in Portugal  - Page 4 Empty Theresa

Post by marconi 04.08.13 10:14

Of course the whole agreement was made far  before Theresa sent her letter to Portugal.
I even believe  it was  already ready in May, who  knows in April.
The Yard is always many steps before us and they have to be.
I also believe that the McCanns knew already about the investigation at the begin of May.
That would explain a terrible photo of both, especially of Gerry's, on a paper, at a public place, I think praying.
And it would explain Kate's disappearance too.

Which one of you could tell me where to find that photo?  Was it on a paper from Rothley?
marconi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04.08.13 11:24

Pictures are here Marconi
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2319228/Madeline-McCann-A-tearful-emotional-Gerry-Kate-mark-sixth-anniversary-daughters-disappearance.html
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Theresa May asks permission for Met to start Madeleine McCann inquiry in Portugal  - Page 4 Empty ... and they regret, and they regret ...

Post by marconi 04.08.13 17:31

Châtelaine wrote:Pictures are here Marconi
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2319228/Madeline-McCann-A-tearful-emotional-Gerry-Kate-mark-sixth-anniversary-daughters-disappearance.html

Thank you, Châtelaine (you must have a beautiful home).
Again a new article on McCann Files, very hopeful, about the response Portugal gave to Theresa May.
We are all happy, to beginning with the McCanns who insisted on the review and even on the investigation, than  Rebekah Brooks, who did everything to help them in that issue, followed by Cameron and Theresa May and now by Justice in Portugal.
And don't forget the media and internet, hungry of news, waiting for the moment that Madeleine will be found alive and well.

Kate and Gerry have always been lucky, especially now!  Blessed guys!

The Yard's investigation in Portugal is not smoke and mirrors. There must be something somewhere.  Mrs Mr Wasting more  time and money, no!

I believe somebody will denounce the perpetrator and point the grave, something already known by the PJ.
They are all under a terrible pressure. And they regret, and they regret to having helped the McCanns.
pray2 Thank you, dear Lord!
marconi

Back to top Go down

Post by lj 04.08.13 18:58

Very hopefull ????wft 

from; the latest news:
According to what DN found, the PJ has not yet received the letter of request and only after knowing what the British police wish to clarify can they establish the means that will be necessary to support the detectives of the Metropolitan Police Service (MPS). According to the MPS "it was requested that a small number of British investigators would be present in Portugal to follow these inquiries." According to sources that are monitoring the case, this request has not yet been formalized to the National Directorate of the PJ, but it can happen anytime.

Seems a lot still has to happen before even this investigation can start.

And for the life of me I cannot understand why some think that, if you don't believe the SY investigation is a very crafty game to fool and catch the McCanns, you don't want justice for Madeleine. Being sceptical is not only everyone's right, it is justified after all the red herrings, hot air balloons etc etc that were launched since this all happened.

So Marconi, when do you think this big revelation will take place?

lj
lj

Back to top Go down

Theresa May asks permission for Met to start Madeleine McCann inquiry in Portugal  - Page 4 Empty hopeful

Post by marconi 04.08.13 20:33

lj wrote:Very hopefull ????wft 

from; the latest news:
According to what DN found, the PJ has not yet received the letter of request and only after knowing what the British police wish to clarify can they establish the means that will be necessary to support the detectives of the Metropolitan Police Service (MPS). According to the MPS "it was requested that a small number of British investigators would be present in Portugal to follow these inquiries." According to sources that are monitoring the case, this request has not yet been formalized to the National Directorate of the PJ, but it can happen anytime.

And for the life of me I cannot understand why some think that, if you don't believe the SY investigation is a very crafty game to fool and catch the McCanns, you don't want justice for Madeleine. Being sceptical is not only everyone's right, it is justified after all the red herrings, hot air balloons etc etc that were launched since this all happened.

lj, is being pessimist the aim of your life?

The big revelation will take place very soon. And even if the case gets solved, you will find a way to crash it.
marconi

Back to top Go down

Post by Seek truth 04.08.13 22:43

marconi wrote:Of course the whole agreement was made far  before Theresa sent her letter to Portugal.
I even believe  it was  already ready in May, who  knows in April.
The Yard is always many steps before us and they have to be.
I also believe that the McCanns knew already about the investigation at the begin of May.
That would explain a terrible photo of both, especially of Gerry's, on a paper, at a public place, I think praying.
And it would explain Kate's disappearance too.

Which one of you could tell me where to find that photo?  Was it on a paper from Rothley?

This picture? Yeah makes a change! Because:

In most of their other photos they're as happy as can be! Like they know they're never going to get caught, why's this? 

So confident, that they're not even afraid of laughing on camara ! 

They simply can't be two fools who think they can lie and get away with such a well known case? 
you could be crazy to think you could get away with it, but for two to be crazy?

Fingers crossed!

:fingerscrossed
Seek truth

Activity : 449

Back to top Go down

Post by lj 05.08.13 1:12

marconi wrote:

from; the latest news:

The big revelation will take place very soon. And even if the case gets solved, you will find a way to crash it.

My search for the truth in life has made me a realist, not a pessimist.
I do want the case to be solved. I don't think that will come from the current SY investigation.

I'll make you 2 promises: if the SY indeed solves the case, not by getting a Hewlett patsy, but a real believable solution I will apologize.

The other promise will be harder to keep: if I get it right I won't say "I told you so".

Again I have the right to my opinion, and I have the right to post that here. So maybe you can stop making it personal.

lj
lj

Back to top Go down

Post by Who?What?Where? 05.08.13 2:42

I do not believe for one moment, that David Cameron want's the real truth about the Madeleine McCann case to be revealed.

He may want a version of it to be revealed, that suit's his own self interest, just as Blair would have done if he was still "in power"...

The real truth coming out? There is no way that either of them, would have wanted that.

They would then be revealed, themselves', for what they really are.
Who?What?Where?

Activity : 196

Back to top Go down

Theresa May asks permission for Met to start Madeleine McCann inquiry in Portugal  - Page 4 Empty not necessary

Post by marconi 05.08.13 6:50

lj wrote:
marconi wrote:

from; the latest news:

I do want the case to be solved. I don't think that will come from the current SY investigation.

I'll make you 2 promises: if the SY indeed solves the case, not by getting a Hewlett patsy, but a real believable solution I will apologize.

The other promise will be harder to keep: if I get it right I won't say "I told you so".

Again I have the right to my opinion, and I have the right to post that here. So maybe you can stop making it personal.
you don't have to aplogize, lj.
it is ok.
marconi

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 05.08.13 7:09

@marconi

I don 't think lj was apologising.

Lj pointed out that  she has the right to her opinion and requested that you stop making it personal. 

Your answer implies  that lj was in the wrong and you are graciously waiving her need to apologise.
This is clearly not the case. 

This is a forum for discussion with many well informed members who are keeping a grave miscarriage of justice in the public domain.

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by comperedna 05.08.13 11:57

Who?What?Where?... I do not believe Cameron has any reason to block a genuine solution to what happened to MBM. It is NOT in his interests to do so... in fact the very reverse. If the case is cleared up on his watch he will gain kudos from it. The more complicated this whole situation is made, the less likely the true solution will be arrived at. I may not agree at all with Cameron's politics: he is in fact our own constituency MP as well as PM, but as a person I have very good reason to know that he is not corrupt or despicable, and he would have to be so to deliberately falsify what happened if the truth can be discerned.
comperedna

Activity : 781

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheshire Cat 05.08.13 12:43

lj wrote:
marconi wrote:

from; the latest news:

lj : I share your view her. I want the case to be solved but realism suggests that SY are following Terms of Reference spelt out by Clarance and the McCann's. There is no need for SY to play a crafty game to catch the McCann's - I believe there are some commentators out there who push this idea because it can neautralise the strong feelings people have about the case i.e. "I'll leave this Maddie case on the back-burner as SY are doing all the work.....no need to think or be proactive!".

I fell for that trick myself when CEOP put out the Maddie video and I initially believed this was an honest attemt to nail one of the Tapas!

Of course, we now know that Jim Gamble is a staunch McCann supporter as evidenced by his Tweets!
Cheshire Cat
Cheshire Cat
Madeleine Foundation

Activity : 821

Back to top Go down

Post by marconi 05.08.13 14:02

Tigger, lj wrote "I will apologize"   and I answered "you don't have to apologize".
marconi

Back to top Go down

Post by lj 05.08.13 17:01

marconi wrote:
lj wrote:
marconi wrote:

from; the latest news:

you don't have to aplogize, lj.
it is ok.

macaroni, learn to read and please keep your tv novella psychology from my post.

lj
lj

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top