The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Theresa May asks permission for Met to start Madeleine McCann inquiry in Portugal

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

procedures

Post by marconi on 31.07.13 19:19

There are rules to be obeyed and procedures to be followed.
Sometimes I wonder if some people here are the McCanns themselves,  trying to convince us that it is a white wash.
It is not.
The PJ would see it right away and they would not collaborate with the Met police.
There has always been light at the end of the tunnel, both police knew it, otherwise they would  not have started the review.
Not only Britain but also Portugal are fed up of the McCanns. The British government want to get rid of them and fortunately the PJ got rid of them in 2008.

marconi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

yard

Post by marconi on 31.07.13 23:08

why are some publications being so difficult towards the Met police? Other blogs are publishing their own negativisme about the Scotland Yard.

It is high time we start trusting what is happening now.

The greatest proof we can feel is Kate's absense.  She evaporated.
If the MCanns were that happy with the Yard, they would be every day on every front page.

We have to take Theresa May and the Met police serious.
They are really doing the right thing.  Helping solving the case.

I still believe that the key to the mystery is in Algarve. At the beginning it was a review, the Met had to analyse every piece of paper. It took time.
They selected 38 persons of interest and those persons will be interrogated. Of course there are no 38 persons involved in the case. Only a few. When most of them of all of them are cleared of suspicion, the Yard will turn itself to Tapas 9, who are the left overs.
A criminal investigation is also based on elimination of innocent people of interest.

I believe that at least one of the Tapas has told already the truth to the Yard. Maybe more than one.
That person will be rather a witness than a suspect.

marconi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Theresa May asks permission for Met to start Madeleine McCann inquiry in Portugal

Post by lj on 31.07.13 23:29

So tell me marconi, why would we trust you? With what authority do you make all those "the Met and Theresa do it right" posts? Are you a McCann, because your post so lauding of the conning couple really make me think so. And why for heaven sake would a McCann give his/hers opinion that what's going on is a white wash?

The snag is that (paraphrased) the McCanns missed the opportunity to be cleared according to the end report from the PJ.
But
Scotland Yard has said neither the McCann family nor the friends who were staying with them were among those they have identified for further inquiries.

And both Andy and Theresita bend over backwards to make it clear that they are not, and are not going to investigate the parents, that they support the parents, and that they keep them informed. All kind of excessive info that they don't have to give, but that drips out of any interview.

This is all just my opinion of course, and I have as much right as you to post that.

Don't take my word for it: read the latest piece from Dr. Martin Roberts, he is more proficient than I in putting it all in a logic opinion piece, and take a good look at the illustration.

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

lj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Theresa May asks permission for Met to start Madeleine McCann inquiry in Portugal

Post by loopzdaloop on 01.08.13 0:00

@lj wrote:So tell me marconi, why would we trust you? With what authority do you make all those "the Met and Theresa do it right" posts? Are you a McCann, because your post so lauding of the conning couple really make me think so. And why for heaven sake would a McCann give his/hers opinion that what's going on is a white wash?

The snag is that (paraphrased) the McCanns missed the opportunity to be cleared according to the end report from the PJ.
But
Scotland Yard has said neither the McCann family nor the friends who were staying with them were among those they have identified for further inquiries.

And both Andy and Theresita bend over backwards to make it clear that they are not, and are not going to investigate the parents, that they support the parents, and that they keep them informed. All kind of excessive info that they don't have to give, but that drips out of any interview.

This is all just my opinion of course, and I have as much right as you to post that.

Don't take my word for it: read the latest piece from Dr. Martin Roberts, he is more proficient than I in putting it all in a logic opinion piece, and take a good look at the illustration.

Only an idiot would let the suspects know they are suspects.
Softly softly catch a monkey. 'bending over backwards' is spin to oblige cooperation from the mccanns and the tapas.
At some point the inconsistencies will be put to them and it will look really bad for the mccanns if they don't cooperate fully.
I do agree with Marconi, I think the 'whitewash' narrative is part of a fed agenda.
Those that purport it forget those that enabled the hillsborough whitewash weren't saved.
The Tories have no connection to plebs like the mccanns, they are not new labour and the mccanns disrespected Cameron publicly. As well as the wider media via hacked off.
Scotland yard are on a high , they have done good on other high profile cases recently, have been completely leak free and have proven they are not scared of spin masters hence the arrest of max Clifford.
All is still good from my perspective.

loopzdaloop

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by listener on 01.08.13 0:18

I am not sure about this, one way or the other. T May has been too 'gushing' to turn round later and explain 'yeah, we were just lulling them into a false sense of security'

And I think she will already know now the outcome (what we will be told).

Too much money, hours and resources are now getting thrown at this 'abduction' (in addition to what has already been spent)!

It has been all about Power, Politicians, Deceit and extortionately well paid Lawyers right from the start!

listener

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Who?What?Where? on 01.08.13 0:30

I just read this on McCann files from Blacksmith:
[color:a23c=000000]Under international law UK detectives cannot arrest or interview witnesses on Portuguese soil.

Can anyone think of a better place to go, for a UK citizen, if you wanted to get away with bad behaviour?

Possibly Zimbabwe, if you intend to befriend Robert Mugabe?

For the rest of them....

A "golfing holiday" in Portugal, anyone?

Who?What?Where?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

PJ & Yard

Post by marconi on 01.08.13 2:44

@Who?What?Where? wrote:I just read this on McCann files from Blacksmith:
Under international law UK detectives cannot arrest or interview witnesses on Portuguese soil.

Can anyone think of a better place to go, for a UK citizen, if you wanted to get away with bad behaviour?

For the rest of them....

It seems that the PJ will interrogate those persons of interest, having the Yard at their side.

marconi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on 01.08.13 4:39

I read that, even when they get that permission, they at all times have to be accompanied by a member of the PJ. I wonder if that would be possible if the case is not reopened. This whole excercise might not be feasible for legal reasons.

lj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on 01.08.13 4:42

@Who?What?Where? wrote:I just read this on McCann files from Blacksmith:
[color:64a1=000000]Under international law UK detectives cannot arrest or interview witnesses on Portuguese soil.

For the rest of them....

Another good article for those who think this Met excercise is such a good thing.

lj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

judge

Post by marconi on 01.08.13 5:42

Perhaps there is a possibility of making an exception, in extraordinary cases.
Or the PJ can reopen the case for a short time and archive it again.
A Judge can decide it.
It is a death of an innocent child, accidental or otherwise.

But i fear that the MCanns will start again with their anaconda and octopus tactic, again trying to  suffocate the PJ.

And I can't think of the millions new sightings.

We don't have to be informed if they reopen the case for a short time.

Solving the case is everybody's priority.

marconi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 01.08.13 8:02

Ongoing police investigation in Portugal - no libel hearing?????

Any poster from Portugal shed light on this pls?

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 01.08.13 8:12

What is Desmond and his Editors playing at?

Police bust-up sparks fear for Madeleine McCann investigation

THE TV investigator who exposed Jimmy Savile as a paedophile claims UK police face a clash with Portuguese investigators over the Madeleine McCann mystery

Former officer Mark Williams-Thomas, 42, whose ITV documentary lifted the lid on Savile’s abuse, said the relationship between British and Portuguese police was “very tense”.
He claimed on Twitter it was “far from agreed” that the two forces would cooperate in the search for Madeleine, who vanished aged three while on holiday in Portugal in 2007.
Portugal’s law chiefs have received a letter from Home Secretary Theresa May asking for permission to base UK officers there.
But the Portuguese Attorney-General’s office said yesterday: “There is currently no timetable for when and how we will proceed.”
“The British authorities cannot carry out interviews or make inquiries in Portugual without being accompanied by public prosecutors.

Madeleine disapeared from a holiday apartment in Portugal's Praia da Luz during May of 2007
Mr Williams Thomas via Twitter wrote:“Relationship btwn UK police & Portuguese over Mets saying they will investigate Madeleine’s disappearance is very tense & far from agreed”
Mr Williams Thomas tweeted: “Home Sec sends request to Portugal asking if Mets can begin a new investigation into Madeleine McCann’s disappearance.
“Relationship btwn UK police & Portuguese over Mets saying they will investigate Madeleine’s disappearance is very tense & far from agreed.”
Then-three-year-old Madeleine vanished from her family’s holiday apartment in the Algarve resort of Praia La Luz in May 2007.
Portuguese police, who were assisted by officers from the McCanns’ home force in Leicestershire, archived the case as an unsolved mystery.
Earlier this month Met Police, who started reviewing the investigation two years ago following a personal plea from the McCanns to the Prime Minister, said the operation had thrown up “new evidence, new witnesses, new thinking and new theories”.
They launched their own inquiry after identifying 38 potential suspects across five countries including Portugal and the UK.
Twelve of them are Brits.
Under international law UK detectives cannot arrest or interview witnesses on Portuguese soil.
But they can observe as local police carry out inquiries on their behalf.
If approval is given the Met is expected to seek new forensic evidence and pursue hundreds of possible leads its review is understood to have uncovered.
Scotland Yard declined to comment

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/329872/Police-bust-up-sparks-fear-for-Madeleine-McCann-investigation

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 01.08.13 10:15

"If approval is given the Met is expected to seek new forensic evidence and pursue hundreds of possible leads its review is understood to have uncovered."

AFTER K McCann had 'spent' £100.000 on 'translating the files' using money FROM the 'fund' paid to SOMEBODY!

And who did NOT find a SINGLE lead, let alone HUNDREDS of possible leads!

What 'files' were K McCann and her 'translators 'reading'? Grimms Fairytales?

WHO was paid that £100,000? (for 'translating' the files)

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Montclair on 01.08.13 10:28

The British cannot carry out any interviews or investigation in Portugal. They can submit the names of the people to be interviewed and the questions they want to be asked but it willl be the PJ who will do the questioning and investigating on their behalf while the British look on. Of course, even the questions SY wants to ask must be approved by the Ministério Público here in Portugal. In no way would SY be allowed to carry out any interviews or investigation while accompanied by the Portuguese, it would the other way around as with the rogatory interviews in 2008. Nor would they be allowed to seek forensic evidence.

Montclair

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 01.08.13 10:38

On another thread (dealing with my request for information from Operation Grange about trips abroad made by DCI Redwood and his staff)...

Lance de Boils wrote:

This is (imo) the easiest way to make FOI requests to any public body:

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/

and Loopzadaloop (referring to my request) said:

No, please don't send requests like that.

Use www.whatdotheyknow.com it's quick and easy to use.

As it is public they will feel under more obligation to respond. Then we can all see!

Also, if you receive a nonsense response like Tony did, the website helps you to request an internal review, followed by a trip to the Information Commissioner.

+++++++++

Well, I'm grateful for the information. I wasn't aware of this facility, so I am now trying it out. I have been wary of using sites with an automated facility, so will report back here in due course on how we get on with my first attempt at using this site, which runs as follows:

To: Home Office Freedom of Information Section

1 August 2013

Dear Home Office,

On 30 July 2013, the London Evening Standard reported as follows:

"Home Secretary Theresa May has sent an official request to Lisbon
for permission for Scotland Yard to begin a new investigation in
Portugal into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.

It follows the disclosure that the Met has identified 38 potential
suspects — including 12 Britons — who are “of interest” because of
their presence in Portugal when Madeleine vanished".

In relation to the above, please provide the following information:

1. The date the letter to the Portuguese was sent

2. To whom (name of department and person) the letter was sent (the
article merely says it was sent 'to Lisbon'), and

3. The full text of the letter.

Yours faithfully,

Anthony Bennett
66 Chippingfield
HARLOW
Essex

Tel: 01279 635789
Mobile: 07835 716537

++++++++++

ETA:

My goodness, less than 5 minutes after sending in my request via WhatDoTheyKnow, I got this:

1 August 2013

Thank you for contacting the FOI Requests mailbox.

Your message has been logged and will be dealt with shortly.

We aim to provide a response to all FOI requests within 20 working days.

If your message is with regard to an existing FOI case or is a general query please ensure you have left any file references and contact details.

Thank you.

[show quoted sections]

Communications via the GSi may be automatically logged, monitored and/or recorded for legal purposes.

ENDS

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

rebekah

Post by marconi on 01.08.13 12:09

we must admit that rebekah brooks achieved her goal: new issues to be discuss about.

since July 2008, there was no more interesting material than there is now.

marconi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 01.08.13 13:32

Well done TB.

I hope you also asked why the prestigious investigation 'Operation GRANGE' is being called 'Operation fcuking STRANGE' by the vast majority of the great British public.
big grin big grin big grin

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 01.08.13 14:14

@jeanmonroe wrote:Well done TB.

I hope you also asked why the prestigious investigation 'Operation GRANGE' is being called 'Operation fcuking STRANGE' by the vast majority of the great British public.
There must be a limerick there somewhere...

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 01.08.13 14:29

@Tony Bennett wrote:
@jeanmonroe wrote:Well done TB.

There must be a limerick there somewhere...

Oh Tony, you know better than that!

Otherwise we'll have the McCanns 'supporters' saying TB said "Madeleine must be somewhere in Limerick"!

big grin big grin big grin big grin

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on 01.08.13 14:31

@Montclair wrote:The British cannot carry out any interviews or investigation in Portugal. They can submit the names of the people to be interviewed and the questions they want to be asked but it willl be the PJ who will do the questioning and investigating on their behalf while the British look on. Of course, even the questions SY wants to ask must be approved by the Ministério Público here in Portugal. In no way would SY be allowed to carry out any interviews or investigation while accompanied by the Portuguese, it would the other way around as with the rogatory interviews in 2008. Nor would they be allowed to seek forensic evidence.

Good! Because it seemed very strange to me that they could just come in, settle and investigate.

lj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 01.08.13 14:54

@lj wrote:
@Montclair wrote:The British cannot carry out any interviews or investigation in Portugal. They can submit the names of the people to be interviewed and the questions they want to be asked but it willl be the PJ who will do the questioning and investigating on their behalf while the British look on. Of course, even the questions SY wants to ask must be approved by the Ministério Público here in Portugal. In no way would SY be allowed to carry out any interviews or investigation while accompanied by the Portuguese, it would the other way around as with the rogatory interviews in 2008. Nor would they be allowed to seek forensic evidence.

Good! Because it seemed very strange to me that they could just come in, settle and investigate.

Good! Because it seemed very 'Operation STRANGE' to me that they could just come in, settle and investigate.

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Not a Limerick

Post by PeterMac on 01.08.13 15:01

Operation Grange
Looks very strange.
The little girl’s “not there”
But no one seems to care

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 01.08.13 15:24

There once was a girl called Maddie,
Who was last seen by her Daddy,
She was full of fun, and chatter,
Her mother, a stunner, did a swift runner,
Screaming "the case is shelved!, it dosen't matter!"

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 01.08.13 16:11

@sallypelt wrote:http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/418929/Madeleine-McCann-inquiry-wins-backing-from-Portugal

Opps, I didn't mean to send this as a new thread. Can you please remover to another thread, please?

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum