The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

PINKIE MITCHELL, short listed! **UPDATE** Now selected

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

PINKIE MITCHELL, short listed! **UPDATE** Now selected

Post by jeanmonroe on Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:27 pm

http://www.brightonandhovenews.org/2013/07/24/former-bbc-royal-correspondent-shortlisted-by-brighton-pavilion-conservatives/22707/comment-page-1#comment-81370
Former BBC royal correspondent shortlisted by Brighton Pavilion Conservatives
The former BBC reporter who acts as spokesman for the family of missing Madeleine McCann has been shortlisted by Brighton Pavilion Conservatives.

Clarence Mitchell has represented Kate and Gerry McCann for almost six years after their daughter disappeared during a holiday in Portugal.

His previous jobs include heading the government’s Media Monitoring Unit and a 20-year career with the BBC.

He worked as a royal correspondent, political reporter and presenter during his time at the corporation, having trained as a reporter at the Westminster Press Training Centre in Hastings.

Since September 2011, Mr Mitchell, who was born in 1962, has been a managing director at public affairs firm Burson-Marsteller UK.


Clarence Mitchell
He is one of three candidates to have been shortlisted for the parliamentary seat. The winner will challenge Green MP Caroline Lucas for a place in the House of Commons at the next general election which is due to be held in May 2015.

One of Mr Mitchell’s rivals is Michelle Lowe, a marketing communications specialist and the deputy leader of Sevenoaks District Council.

The other is solicitor Jean-Paul Floru, who serves as a member of Westminster City Council. He is the author of What the Immigrant Saw, a book looking at Britain through the eyes of an immigrant from Belgium.

The Brighton Pavilion hustings are being held tomorrow (Thursday 25 July) and will be chaired by Councillor Ann Norman, who represents Withdean ward on Brighton and Hove City Council.

She said: “I’m delighted that our members have three excellent candidates to choose from.”



Related Posts
Labour picks Purna Sen to fight Caroline Lucas in Brighton Pavilion
Greens pick Caroline Lucas to stand in Brighton Pavilion again
ShareThis

July 24th, 2013 | Category: Brighton, Business, Conservative, Green, Politics, Westdene and Withdean
2 comments to Former BBC royal correspondent shortlisted by Brighton Pavilion Conservatives
Natasha Newland
July 25, 2013 at 10.29 am
If this man is selected there is no way on earth that I would vote Tory again. I would have to check if he told me it was night or day
Russell Jones
July 25, 2013 at 10.49 am
Oh please, not another PR consultant. We already have a former PR consultant, David Cameron, serving as Prime Minister and look where that’s got us. Why would we choose another candidate who’s been professionally trained in the art of deceit? Haven’t we all had enough of that?
Mike
Your comment is awaiting moderation.

July 25, 2013 at 1.24 pm
Could you ask Mr Mitchell how much money he has personally received from ‘Madeleines Fund’ the fund set up to only be used exclusively for searching for Madeleine.
Not to line his pockets with.
I know he has had at least £30,000 but i would like to know exactly how much, in total, he has taken out of the fund personally.
Donations to Madeleines ‘fund’ given by handicapped kiddies should have been used for the ‘search’ for Madeleine and not going into Mr Mitchells pocket!
How much has he received from the ‘fund’?

Comments allowed but for how long, i don't know!
My hubby's (Mike) is 'awaiting moderation'
LOL.

jeanmonroe

Posts : 5133
Reputation : 886
Join date : 2013-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: PINKIE MITCHELL, short listed! **UPDATE** Now selected

Post by jeanmonroe on Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:46 pm

Mike
Your comment is awaiting moderation.

July 25, 2013 at 1.43 pm
On September 20th, 2007, Clarence Mitchell was interviewed on Radio Live in New Zealand. Hear the interview at this link: http://content.mediaworks.co.nz/radio/radiolive/Marcus/Sept/070920_LUSH_mccann.mp3 – See more at: http://mccannfundfraud.info/2009/04/clarence-mitchell-lies-on-nz-radio/#sthash.M77dc3u2.dpuf

Near the end of the interview Clarence says this: I’d stress as well that the money that people have donated from around the world is only being spent on that campaign and Kate and Gerry’s legal costs and media management in the shape of me that’s all coming from the financial benefactors who are contributing quite separately so that anybody who has given money to help find Madeleine need have no fear that their money is being spent on lawyers fees or anything like that. –

This statement is quite clear. “No money will be spent on lawyer’s fees or anything like that.”

After reviewing the money spent on lawyers in the Madeleine Fund accounts, it is quite obvious that Mitchell’s statement is a bare faced untruth!

Do the people of Brighton really WANT this Mr Mitchell as a prospective candidate?

jeanmonroe

Posts : 5133
Reputation : 886
Join date : 2013-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: PINKIE MITCHELL, short listed! **UPDATE** Now selected

Post by Guest on Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:48 pm

He'll certainly feel at home with the dodgy characters there; I don't mean the usual ones with their noses in the trough but the place does have a reputation for covering up the crimes of others, if you get my drift.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: PINKIE MITCHELL, short listed! **UPDATE** Now selected

Post by tasprin on Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:44 pm

The Conservative Party has obviously lost the plot. How can they even consider Clarence Mitchell as a suitable candidate for Brighton and Hove? Not only is he a media manipulator who decides what the public can or cannot read, widely known to be economical with the truth, and he was personally hired by Andy Coulson to be his right hand man in the Conservative election campaign of 2010. Those reasons alone should tell the Tories that Mitchell is not a suitable person to represent constituents - how can voters be expected to have any trust or confidence in him. This is Mitchell's second bid as PPC, the first was his home town of Bath, (2009/2010) where he failed to get selected.

tasprin

Posts : 834
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2013-01-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: PINKIE MITCHELL, short listed! **UPDATE** Now selected

Post by tasprin on Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:37 pm

What happens if Clarence Mitchell is selected? Will he carry on representing the McCanns, as well as his constituents? Will he contine to ensure the McCanns receive preferential treatment - from the Prime Minister down - over and above anything his Brighton constituents could ever, ever hope for? Wouldn't that be a conflict of interests? If another child goes missing will he chuck in his job as MP to act as the parents spokesman, beg for money in brown envelopes and do his famous TV impersonation of a police officer?

tasprin

Posts : 834
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2013-01-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: PINKIE MITCHELL, short listed! **UPDATE** Now selected

Post by jeanmonroe on Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:47 pm

@tasprin wrote:The Conservative Party has obviously lost the plot. How can they even consider Clarence Mitchell as a suitable candidate for Brighton and Hove? Not only is he a media manipulator who decides what the public can or cannot read, widely known to be economical with the truth, and he was personally hired by Andy Coulson to be his right hand man in the Conservative election campaign of 2010. Those reasons alone should tell the Tories that Mitchell is not a suitable person to represent constituents - how can voters be expected to have any trust or confidence in him. This is Mitchell's second bid as PPC, the first was his home town of Bath, (2009/2010) where he failed to get selected.

Personally i'd like him to get the nomination!
He would then have to answer in PUBLIC questions he has so studiously avoided in answering.
Like, how much money did you deplete the Madeleine Fund by and personally benefit from?
How many handicapped kiddies and OAP's 'donations' to the Fund ended up in YOURs and Lawyers pockets?
Why did your employers, the McCanns, lie about the shutters being 'jemmied'
WHY did you give up an £80.000 a year job to work for the McCanns when Madeleine could of turned up, or be found, the next day?
Etc, etc.

jeanmonroe

Posts : 5133
Reputation : 886
Join date : 2013-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: PINKIE MITCHELL, short listed! **UPDATE** Now selected

Post by jeanmonroe on Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:53 pm

@tasprin wrote:What happens if Clarence Mitchell is selected? Will he carry on representing the McCanns, as well as his constituents? Will he contine to ensure the McCanns receive preferential treatment - from the Prime Minister down - over and above anything his Brighton constituents could ever, ever hope for? Wouldn't that be a conflict of interests? If another child goes missing will he chuck in his job as MP to act as the parents spokesman, beg for money in brown envelopes and do his famous TV impersonation of a police officer?

Cameron will probably not be PM then, especially if it is found that he has possibly covered up a small childs demise.
Mitchell will find himself on the opposition benches for 5 YEARS!
As for his outside 'interests' conflicting with his duties to his constituents he'd be reported before he could even sit down!
Mitchell cannot extricate himself from the McCanns IF they are ever charged with anything.
What's he going to say?
"THEY lied to me"
"I didn't know that"
"Nobody told me"
He has been right there alongside them every step of the way for last SIX years!
Nope, he is in this thing up to his neck!

And don't forget this:
Clarance Mitchell declared himself a spokesman for the now CONVICTED benefits fraudster Ms Fiona MacKeown.
Ms MacKeown was charged with fraud totalling £51,401.49 .
And found GUILTY!
It seems his silken words of wisdom didn't work in MacKeowns favour!

jeanmonroe

Posts : 5133
Reputation : 886
Join date : 2013-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: PINKIE MITCHELL, short listed! **UPDATE** Now selected

Post by wjk on Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:27 pm

Well, he's been chosen!!
Can you believe it!! OMG!
 
http://www.brightonandhovenews.org/2013/07/25/brighton-pavilion-conservatives-pick-former-bbc-reporter-to-take-on-caroline-lucas/22747#
 
 
Thanks to almostgothic on mm for the link thumbsup

wjk

Posts : 126
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2012-11-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: PINKIE MITCHELL, short listed! **UPDATE** Now selected

Post by View-from-Ireland on Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:43 pm

So the Tories have selected somebody closely associated with a former labour PM? 

Strange.

____________________


View-from-Ireland

Posts : 145
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-05-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: PINKIE MITCHELL, short listed! **UPDATE** Now selected

Post by listener on Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:57 pm

@View-from-Ireland wrote:So the Tories have selected somebody closely associated with a former labour PM? 

Strange.

  THEY are all in this together !

listener

Posts : 565
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2010-01-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: PINKIE MITCHELL, short listed! **UPDATE** Now selected

Post by tasprin on Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:13 pm

@View-from-Ireland wrote:So the Tories have selected somebody closely associated with a former labour PM? 

Strange.

I don't think it matters anymore, there's not much to choose between any of the three main parties - their candidates would probably join any party to get into power. I doubt Mitchell is seeking a seat in parliament because he's interested in the welfare of Brighton and Hove constituents. I'm sure he couldn't care less about them - the last place he tried was Bath - any constituency would probably do as long as he can get his foot in the door. It's all about exerting influence and power. If he wins a seat at the next election I'll bet he'll use his newly found influence to benefit the McCann's in some way.

tasprin

Posts : 834
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2013-01-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Pravda

Post by Tony Bennett on Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:22 am

@View-from-Ireland wrote:So the Tories have selected somebody closely associated with a former Labour PM? 

Strange.
So, from the heart of Blair's government, where his job was to 'control what comes out in the media', to...

Head of public relations for Drs Gerald and Kate McCann, to...

Working as PR consultant for Rupert Murdoch's son-in-law at Freud International, to...

Working as No. 2 to former NOTW Editor Andy Coulson (now facing criminal charges) in David Cameron's Communications Office, to...

Propsective Conservative Party candidate for the Brighton and Hove constituency.

No wonder there is already talk of a leaflet campaign aimed at informing the electors of Brighton & Hove about his career to date - and perhaps highlighting a few of the great man's quotes.


Is there anything this man can't turn his hand to?

Has it come to this? - Mitchell being appointed in 2015 as the Minister for the newly-created Ministry of Information, circulating a monthly bulletin to all citizens, full of Soviet-style government propaganda, titled: 'TRUTH'?

Then, just as in Stalinist Russia, there would be no need for independent newspapers - and a state broadcaster is all we shall have need of on our TVs and radios.

In any case, we are half-way there already...

____________________

                            "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"


Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

Posts : 13975
Reputation : 2148
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 69
Location : Harlow, Essex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: PINKIE MITCHELL, short listed! **UPDATE** Now selected

Post by jeanmonroe on Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:42 am

Spokesman for a now convicted benefits cheat!
Fiona MacKeown stole over £51,000.
Mitchell said, BEFORE she was convicted of benefit fraud, he would help this 'poor' lady.
So i'd say Mitchell must have known that this woman was a fraudster, who was defrauding the benefits system, yet he still helped her to try to evade justice, imo.

If the 'opposition' don't use these facts in the 2015 general election local 'debates' then they deserve to lose!

I will be writing to Lucas to ask her to make the voter population aware of this man's appalling past record of helping convicted fraudsters, Halligan and MacKeown.

jeanmonroe

Posts : 5133
Reputation : 886
Join date : 2013-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: PINKIE MITCHELL, short listed! **UPDATE** Now selected

Post by Tony Bennett on Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:49 am

@jeanmonroe wrote:Spokesman for a now convicted benefits cheat!
Fiona MacKeown stole over £51,000.
Mitchell said, BEFORE she was convicted of benefit fraud, he would help this 'poor' lady.
So i'd say Mitchell must have known that this woman was a fraudster, who was defrauding the benefits system, yet he still helped her to try to evade justice, imo.

If the 'opposition' don't use these facts in the 2015 general election local 'debates' then they deserve to lose!

I will be writing to Lucas to ask her to make the voter population aware of this man's appalling past record of helping convicted fraudsters, Halligan and MacKeown.
I think Clarence MItchell once described the one-man-band of Kevin Halligen, a.k.a. Richard Halligen, convicted fraudster and who has just spent 4 years in top security prisons, as 'the big boys of international private detection' (have not got the actual quote to hand). In addition, Clarence Michell must have known when making that comment (August 2008) exactly who was behind Kevin Halligen's so-called 'Oakley International'.

How can ANY voter, including the thousands of Conservative supporters in Brighton & Hove, possibly vote for someone who made such a blatantly untrue statement?

How could they place any reliance whatsover on anything he has said - or will say?

That's if the voters of Brighton & Hove ever get to know about his past record...

____________________

                            "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"


Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

Posts : 13975
Reputation : 2148
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 69
Location : Harlow, Essex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: PINKIE MITCHELL, short listed! **UPDATE** Now selected

Post by jeanmonroe on Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:11 am

Perhaps he'll never get to stand as a candidate in 2015.
Perhaps he will be facing a charge of perverting the course of justice in relation to a little girls MYSTERY disappearance.

jeanmonroe

Posts : 5133
Reputation : 886
Join date : 2013-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: PINKIE MITCHELL, short listed! **UPDATE** Now selected

Post by celtclogs on Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:56 am

@jeanmonroe wrote:
@tasprin wrote:The Conservative Party has obviously lost the plot. How can they even consider Clarence Mitchell as a suitable candidate for Brighton and Hove? Not only is he a media manipulator who decides what the public can or cannot read, widely known to be economical with the truth, and he was personally hired by Andy Coulson to be his right hand man in the Conservative election campaign of 2010. Those reasons alone should tell the Tories that Mitchell is not a suitable person to represent constituents - how can voters be expected to have any trust or confidence in him. This is Mitchell's second bid as PPC, the first was his home town of Bath, (2009/2010) where he failed to get selected.

Personally i'd like him to get the nomination!
He would then have to answer in PUBLIC questions he has so studiously avoided in answering.
Like, how much money did you deplete the Madeleine Fund by and personally benefit from?
How many handicapped kiddies and OAP's 'donations' to the Fund ended up in YOURs and Lawyers pockets?
Why did your employers, the McCanns, lie about the shutters being 'jemmied'
WHY did you give up an £80.000 a year job to work for the McCanns when Madeleine could of turned up, or be found, the next day?
Etc, etc.



"Personally i'd like him to get the nomination"

Yes I would ike that too popcornandcola

celtclogs

Posts : 78
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-02-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: PINKIE MITCHELL, short listed! **UPDATE** Now selected

Post by celtclogs on Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:10 am

@View-from-Ireland wrote:So the Tories have selected somebody closely associated with a former labour PM? 

Strange.

 Yes that is very strange.skull

celtclogs

Posts : 78
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-02-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: PINKIE MITCHELL, short listed! **UPDATE** Now selected

Post by PeterMac on Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:20 am

I can see him as a future head of the Ministry of Truth

Role in information

The Ministry of Truth is involved with news media, entertainment, the fine arts and educational books. Its purpose is to rewrite history to change the facts to fit McCann doctrine for propaganda effect. For example, if Big Pinkie makes a prediction that turns out to be wrong, the employees of the Ministry of Truth go back and rewrite the prediction so that any prediction Big Pinkie previously made is accurate.
(A good recent example is the statement about the absence of watches of mobile phones amongst a group.)
This is the "how" of the Ministry of Truth's existence. The deeper reason for its existence is to maintain the illusion that the McCanns are absolute. They cannot ever seem to change its mind (if, for instance, they perform one of their constant changes regarding the facts during the investigation) or make a mistake (making a grossly misjudged statement), for that would imply weakness and to maintain power the McCanns must seem eternally right and strong.
Big Pinkie started his work before being selected to lead Minitrue. His work deleting video evidence and persuading people not to alter their statements, and giving quotations which are incapable of being falsified are legend. The classic "There are explanations for everything the police may, or may not, find" is a text book example of NewSpeak.

With apologies to Wiki and Orwell

See also
• - Historical revisionism (negationism)
• - Holocaust denial

____________________


PeterMac
Researcher

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 143
Join date : 2010-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: PINKIE MITCHELL, short listed! **UPDATE** Now selected

Post by deafoldbat on Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:32 am

Peter - many a true word spoken (or written) in jest! titter

deafoldbat

Posts : 85
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2013-05-19
Location : Kent, UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: PINKIE MITCHELL, short listed! **UPDATE** Now selected

Post by jeanmonroe on Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:21 am

Maybe this is good.
Mitchells association with the Madeleine 'Fund' can be investigated by the electoral Commission.
And any number of the people he could be standing against.
ALL Mitchell's past financial dealings, with anyone, including the McCanns, can be exposed to scrutiny.
He will have to answer for, explain in detail, to the last penny, how much EXACTLY did the Madeleine 'fund' receive in envelopes.
A course of action he espoused and promoted!
How much tax was evaded when Mitchell asked people, publicly, to send money in envelopes to the very people that employed/paid him?
Maybe the HMRC will get involved.
Don't forget he was using the words 'our and we'( which included him) in relation to the 'fund' and Madeleine case.
Where in the Madeleine 'fund' accounts does it show how much Mitchell, in detail, was 'paid'.
And he did take money out of the 'fund'
How many 'donations' given by handicapped children and OAP's did he personally benefit from?
But he is evasive as to exactly how much.
As i said, this could be good as the 'fund' and Mitchell's association with it can, and will, be scrutinised.

jeanmonroe

Posts : 5133
Reputation : 886
Join date : 2013-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: PINKIE MITCHELL, short listed! **UPDATE** Now selected

Post by PeterMac on Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:13 am

And one day he might appear in a public forum against the other candidates, to answer questions from the audience.
Something he and his esteemed clients have avoided so far.

____________________


PeterMac
Researcher

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 143
Join date : 2010-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: PINKIE MITCHELL, short listed! **UPDATE** Now selected

Post by Tony Bennett on Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:23 am

I don't think that this morning's Brighton Argus report re Clarence Mitchell has been posted yet on this thread.

It's not exactly hagiographic...indeed the Brighton Argus seems well briefed about Mitchell in a way that suggests that 'there may be trouble ahead'.

Unless, that is, the man whose full-time paid job - at the taxpayer's expense be it noted - was 'to control what comes out in the media' also has the power to control what comes out in the Brighton Argus...

++++++++++++

Madeleine McCann's family spokesman picked to take on Caroline Lucas

Brighton Argus 26 July 2012

8:47am Friday 26th July 2013 in News By Bill Gardner.

Madeleine McCann's family spokesman has been picked as the Conservative candidate for the Brighton Pavilion constituency.

Clarence Mitchell, who has acted as the spokesman for the family of [the] missing youngster for six years, will take on Britain’s first Green MP Caroline Lucas at the next general election.

Before his move into public relations, Mr Mitchell was a reporter for BBC News covering the Soham murders, the Fred West killings and the death of Princess Diana.

He also worked as director of the Government’s Media Monitoring Unit, controlling the flow of information to newspapers.

After being seconded by the Foreign Office to help the McCanns, Mr Mitchell resigned his government post after one month to become the family’s full-time spokesman.

He also works for PR firm Burson-Marsteller, “advising clients over engagement with both the British Government and the Conservative Party”.

But Mr Mitchell himself is no stranger to the headlines.

When he was a presenter on BBC News 24, he fell asleep during a night shift, forcing a producer to stand in for him at short notice.

And in 2008, he was involved in a row with Portuguese police who accused him of “lying with as many teeth as he has in his mouth” after McCann family statements were leaked to the media.

At the time, Mr Mitchell accused police of masterminding the leak to overshadow the visit.

Mr Mitchell battled solicitor John-Paul Floru and marketing communications specialist Michelle Lowe to be selected for the Brighton Pavilion seat, currently held by Green MP Caroline Lucas.

Councillor Ann Norman, who chaired the selection meeting, said: "We are very pleased to have Clarence as the Conservative candidate as he is ideally placed and qualified to take the Brighton Pavilion Parliamentary seat back into Conservative hands as that is where it truly belongs."
 
The election is expected to be held in May 2015.

____________________

                            "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"


Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

Posts : 13975
Reputation : 2148
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 69
Location : Harlow, Essex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: PINKIE MITCHELL, short listed! **UPDATE** Now selected

Post by tasprin on Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:33 am

@Tony Bennett wrote:I don't think that this morning's Brighton Argus report re Clarence Mitchell has been posted yet on this thread.

It's not exactly hagiographic...indeed the Brighton Argus seems well briefed about Mitchell in a way that suggests that 'there may be trouble ahead'.

Unless, that is, the man whose full-time paid job - at the taxpayer's expense be it noted - was 'to control what comes out in the media' also has the power to control what comes out in the Brighton Argus...

++++++++++++

Madeleine McCann's family spokesman picked to take on Caroline Lucas

Brighton Argus 26 July 2012

8:47am Friday 26th July 2013 in News By Bill Gardner.

Madeleine McCann's family spokesman has been picked as the Conservative candidate for the Brighton Pavilion constituency.

Clarence Mitchell, who has acted as the spokesman for the family of [the] missing youngster for six years, will take on Britain’s first Green MP Caroline Lucas at the next general election.

Before his move into public relations, Mr Mitchell was a reporter for BBC News covering the Soham murders, the Fred West killings and the death of Princess Diana.

He also worked as director of the Government’s Media Monitoring Unit, controlling the flow of information to newspapers.

After being seconded by the Foreign Office to help the McCanns, Mr Mitchell resigned his government post after one month to become the family’s full-time spokesman.

He also works for PR firm Burson-Marsteller, “advising clients over engagement with both the British Government and the Conservative Party”.

But Mr Mitchell himself is no stranger to the headlines.

When he was a presenter on BBC News 24, he fell asleep during a night shift, forcing a producer to stand in for him at short notice.

And in 2008, he was involved in a row with Portuguese police who accused him of “lying with as many teeth as he has in his mouth” after McCann family statements were leaked to the media.

At the time, Mr Mitchell accused police of masterminding the leak to overshadow the visit.

Mr Mitchell battled solicitor John-Paul Floru and marketing communications specialist Michelle Lowe to be selected for the Brighton Pavilion seat, currently held by Green MP Caroline Lucas.

Councillor Ann Norman, who chaired the selection meeting, said: "We are very pleased to have Clarence as the Conservative candidate as he is ideally placed and qualified to take the Brighton Pavilion Parliamentary seat back into Conservative hands as that is where it truly belongs."
 
The election is expected to be held in May 2015.

The Argus doesn't appear to be too keen on him Tony.

tasprin

Posts : 834
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2013-01-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: PINKIE MITCHELL, short listed! **UPDATE** Now selected

Post by jeanmonroe on Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:48 am

Will he be insisting that if a Brighton constituent he would be representing, if he were elected, goes 'missing' that that person receives exactly the same public taxpayer funded resources, for the search, that his previous employers, the McCanns, have had?
Namely 30+ exclusively dedicated police officers and unlimited funding until his 'missing' person constituent is 'located.'
Even if the search for his constituent were to take six years or more?

jeanmonroe

Posts : 5133
Reputation : 886
Join date : 2013-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum