The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Channel 4 10pm tonight

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Channel 4 10pm tonight

Post by Newintown on 27.07.13 14:16

@Hobs wrote:
@PeterMac wrote:The usual phrase in Police circles is
"The last one to see her alive."
There is a big difference.

I remember one case in the States going back many years where a girl went missing during a sleepover.
They interviewed everyone in the house including the adults and the father told them he was the last one to see her alive.

He was arrested, charged and found guilty of the murder of  (i think it ws his daughter).

In interviews later on the media asked the detective how they got their man.
he pretty much said it was because the killer told us he was the last one to see her alive, the killer being the father).

Innocent people will not say they are the last person to see the victim alive simply because they aren't, the killer is the last person to see them alive, before murdering them.
Ian huntley used the same words in the Soham murder case.

It is a phrase i listen out for or variations of the same.

I watched the channel 4 programme last night with my SA turned up full.

Given what i know now and my comments at the time the case was breaking news, i can see i spooted the language used and also a fair bit of the body language.

I looked at the 3 cases concerned last night and they were all strikingly similar in behavior.

I look at the Madeleine McCann case and i see the exact same similarites, seeing what i see and knowing what i know i am amazed LE aren't banging on the doors of the mccanns and the tapas 7 and hauling their asses in in handcuffs.

how can anyone NOT see the similrities in behvaior, language and even phrases used. it screams parental involvement

Yes, of course, it's so obvious, I've never thought about if before, duh!  How would that person know they were the last person to see the victim alive unless they were the last person to see them alive.

(I can be a bit slow at times, well most of the time really.smilie )

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"

Newintown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 27.07.13 14:34

Hobs:

"how can anyone NOT see the similrities in behvaior, language and even phrases used. it screams parental involvement"

It is only the purposely blind SY "McCann cops" that have NOT seen the similarities, EVERYBODY else, who watched the programme, and all the McCanns TV interviews, HAS!

Matthew 7
Judging Others
1 “Do not judge, or you too will be judged.
2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

3 “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?
4 How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye?
5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 27.07.13 14:38

@Newintown wrote:
Yes, of course, it's so obvious, I've never thought about if before, duh!  How would that person know they were the last person to see the victim alive unless they were the last person to see them alive.

Welcome aboard ! It is so obvious, but so many do it. And boast about it, which is even more strange.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell on 27.07.13 15:47

@PeterMac wrote:
@Newintown wrote:

Welcome aboard !   It is so obvious, but so many do it. And boast about it, which is even more strange.

Ahh, just fell in there, I feel as though a light bulb came on, lol.

Cristobell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 27.07.13 15:48

i watched the croc. tears programme on Channel 4 and it was interesting to hear one of the young officers say something like when Tia went missing rumours were put about that a white van had been in the area snatching children.

It was a very interesting programme and showed that the police are certainly not daft and neither are the press reporters (some) as it was remarked upon how Philpott called a press conference without the police being involved and that the press couldn't believe what had just happened (or words to that effect).

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
Rolling Eyes

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell on 27.07.13 16:04

I was surprised the police were taken in by Hazel.  I have met psychopathic scum like Hazell many times in my life.  They  have moved in with my gullible female friends and their kids, taken over the household and then and taken them for everything.  All the while with a big smile, a t-towel over their arm, and a hoover in their hand when friends and family visit.  I would not be surprised if Tia hated him.  Hard to believe that seasoned cops had not met his type before. During that interview with MWT, he went into great detail about the chores he had done. I, and I expect thousands of other women, knew immediately he was lying. He was building up a defence, saying 'look at what a great bloke I am'. The tenner he gave Tia to buy new shoes further reinforced this. He was clumsily attempting to divert attention from himself.

Cristobell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 27.07.13 16:07

Also interesting in the programme - it was noted that in Shafilea's case the parents did not refer to her by name when speaking about her. They used a phrase like the girl.

After watching this programme I certainly believe the police were very savvy in these cases and one of the witnesses in Shafilea's case said that one of the police officers had told him early on that the police would be watching and would get the father in the end no matter how long it took.

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
Rolling Eyes

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

calling press conferences...

Post by worriedmum on 27.07.13 19:15

@plebgate wrote:i watched the croc. tears programme on Channel 4 and it was interesting to hear one of the young officers say something like when Tia went missing rumours were put about that a white van had been in the area snatching children.

It was a very interesting programme and showed that the police are certainly not daft and neither are the press reporters (some) as it was remarked upon how Philpott called a press conference without the police being involved and that the press couldn't believe what had just happened (or words to that effect).

And Shafilea's parents turned up unexpectedly at a police press briefing-and the police hurriedly left in order to avoid face to face contact. The desire to control the course of events is very interesting.

worriedmum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry on 27.07.13 19:19

Some time ago when read Judy and Richard book soz  it was mentioned that the Police often encourage the media
to interview people who they may have suspicions about, this is to check what they say, see how they react when asked various
questions etc.

Cherry

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown on 27.07.13 19:47

@Cherry wrote:Some time ago when read Judy and Richard book soz  it was mentioned that the Police often encourage the media
to interview people who they may have suspicions about, this is to check what they say, see how they react when asked various
questions etc.

It doesn't help though when the McCanns and Mitchell are dictating what questions should and shouldn't be asked by the media. The interviewers are only allowed to ask questions the McCanns have agreed to.

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"

Newintown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry on 27.07.13 19:57

might be interesting though to see the questions they didn't agree to.

Cherry

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 27.07.13 21:39

There was also a clip of Hazel being interviewed showing signs of great pressure, then when the interview ended he got up clearly irritated and pulled off his microphone.

@WorriedMum yes the policeman couldn't get out of there quick enough when Shafilea's rotten parents turned up..

As pointed out, the public notice all this odd behaviour as do the police, so why do they put on the fake tears and think they are fooling anybody.?

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 27.07.13 21:47

@plebgate wrote:There was also a clip of  Hazel being interviewed showing signs of great pressure, then when the interview ended he got up clearly irritated and pulled off his microphone.

@WorriedMum yes the policeman couldn't get out of there quick enough when Shafilea's rotten parents turned up..

As pointed out, the public notice all this odd behaviour as do the police, so why do they put on the fake tears and think they are fooling anybody.?

Brings back memories of GM taking his mic off, and leaving the room in a bit of a mood, doesn't it?

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 27.07.13 21:52

@sallypelt wrote:
@plebgate wrote:There was also a clip of  Hazel being interviewed showing signs of great pressure, then when the interview ended he got up clearly irritated and pulled off his microphone.

Brings back memories of GM taking his mic off, and leaving the room in a bit of a mood, doesn't it?
And KM staying rather calm, saying that he'd have to cool off and would be back ...

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 27.07.13 21:53

Yes SallyP, that is what came immediately into my mind when they showed the clip of Hazel.

Mrs. sat there saying something like, he's hot, can't quite remember exact words but he did leave the room in a bit of a mood and she was left sitting there trying to make the best of it, so to speak.

Rolling Eyes

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey5 on 27.07.13 21:59

@plebgate wrote:Yes SallyP, that is what came immediately into my mind when they showed the clip of Hazel.

Mrs. sat there saying something like, he's hot, can't quite remember exact words but he did leave the room in a bit of a mood and she was left sitting there trying to make the best of it, so to speak.

Some may say so plebgate, I couldn't possibly comment.big grin

Casey5

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 28.07.13 0:03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sceneset on 28.07.13 1:27

Plebgate wrote 
'After watching this programme I certainly believe the police were very savvy in these cases and one of the witnesses in Shafilea's case said that one of the police officers had told him early on that the police would be watching and would get the father in the end no matter how long it took.'

They also said that they were waiting for someone to speak out as lack of evidence meant that was the only way they were going to be successful. That honesty surprised me but I was impressed by their resolve. Crimes like these would certainly be incredibly difficult for a jury to take in in a relatively short space of time and to reach a conclusion beyond reasonable doubt without someone helping to tie the anomalies together. I saw such striking similarities with other cases. As a species we are so naturally adept at recognising (and feel so uncomfortable) witnessing gestures and facial expressions that aren't genuine.It must be very tough for police to decide when to take the risk to charge.

Sceneset

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 28.07.13 9:14

Thanks for posting the link NFWTD.

Will the SY ever ask them the same question the Spanish reporter asked? As they are now carrying out an investigation into Maddie's disappearance, imo it would seem odd if they did not.

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum