The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Channel 4  10pm   tonight Mm11

Channel 4  10pm   tonight Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Channel 4  10pm   tonight Mm11

Channel 4  10pm   tonight Regist10

Channel 4 10pm tonight

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Channel 4  10pm   tonight Empty Channel 4 10pm tonight

Post by espeland 25.07.13 10:26

"Documentary exploring why individuals often try to conceal their guilt by making emotional public appeals for information in solving their own crimes."

Rings a bell somewhere big grin

espeland
espeland

Activity : 211

Back to top Go down

Channel 4  10pm   tonight Empty Re: Channel 4 10pm tonight

Post by PeterMac 25.07.13 10:30

What have the following in common ?

Children

Shannon Matthews
April Jones
Tia Sharp
Caylee Marie Anthony
Bianca Jones
Joana Cipriano
Harmony Jude Creech
Dominik Takács
Leonardo Giovanni Sendejas
Riley Ann Sawyers
Marina Sabatier
Michael Daniel Smith
Alexander Tyler Smith
Keisha Weippeart
Zoe Evans
Ruth Breton
Jose Breton
Samuele Lorenzi
Jhessye Shockley
Jamie Lavis

Adults

Fadi Nasri
Kirsi Gifford-Hull
Joanna Nelson
Sharon Malone
Lee Harvey
Rachel McClean
Shafilea Ahmed

Answer
In every case they were reported as having been “abducted”, or as “missing”, or in other ways someone gave false statements to police,  and in every case they had been harmed either by a member of their own family who had made that false report, or by someone very close to the family and known to them.    

PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16577

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Channel 4  10pm   tonight Empty call on Youtube

Post by marconi 25.07.13 10:36

call on youtube

Gerry McCann hot topics daybreak ITV
marconi

Activity : 1104

Back to top Go down

Post by IAmNotMerylStreep 25.07.13 10:39

Has Lisa Irwin ever been found? I guess she can't be added to that list yet.
IAmNotMerylStreep
IAmNotMerylStreep

Activity : 240

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25.07.13 10:50

I posted this on another thread the other day about this programme...

Catching a Killer: Crocodile Tears

n the light of several recent high-profile cases, this documentary examines the phenomenon of ‘crocodile tears’: where people who feign innocence or make public appeals for information – often on camera – in reality have committed the crime themselves. Featuring several exclusive interviews and shedding new light on crimes that shocked the nation, this film looks beyond the fake tears to reveal stories of deception and betrayal.

Catching A Killer: Crocodile Tears re-examines the Philpott case, in which Mick and his wife Mairead, who took part in a press conference after their house fire killed six children, were finally convicted of their manslaughter in April 2013, along with their best friend Paul Mosley. With exclusive access to Paul Mosley’s brother Bryan, the film hears a tearful account of how residents were affected by the deaths of the six children. Bryan speaks for the first time of his anger regarding the actions of his brother and his part in the arson attack.

Exploring the Philpotts’ now infamous press conference after the fire, Darshna Soni, who covered the story for Channel 4 News, goes back to the scene. This was the point, she says, where everything changed. She recalls in detail the utter bewilderment among the assembled press as they tried to comprehend Mick Philpott’s extraordinary performance in front of the cameras.

Mick Philpott’s former partner of several years, Heather Keogh, was 14 when they started an affair. She was the ‘star’ witness in his trial, and for the first time on film, Heather reveals details about their relationship. She describes enduring often abusive, threatening and violent behaviour as well as the various methods Philpott would us to exercise control over her.

The film hears first hand testimony from the children’s two godparents, who raised money for the funerals and helped bring together the Derby community to support the Philpotts, only to discover this shocking betrayal as the real truth emerged. The Butler brothers, Darren and Jamie, who tried in vain to rescue the Philpott children from the house fire also speak about how Mick and Mairead stood back and did nothing during the blaze. Jamie in particular feels that the tragedy has destroyed his life. The brothers also talk about their decision to go to the police with their suspicions after the Philpotts’ press conference.

The film explores the case of Stuart Hazell, convicted in May 2013 for the murder of 12-year-old Tia Sharp in South London in August 2012. In a powerful and emotional interview, her father Steven Carter, talks about how Hazell, boyfriend to Tia’s grandmother, joined in the search for his daughter, deceiving everyone during the week she was missing.

Detective Constable Alison Grubb from the Metropolitan Police, whose role was to support the family throughout the search for Tia, speaks for the first time about Hazell's behaviour during the week following Tia’s disappearance. She also describes the moment she realised that Tia's body was in the house.

Local newspaper reporter, David Churchill, who covered Tia’s disappearance adds further information about the growing suspicions surrounding Hazell’s involvement and that his television interview – given the day before Tia’s body was discovered – only increased those doubts.

The disappearance and murder of Shafilea Ahmed in 2003, for which her parents were found guilty last year, is also examined. The couple's own lawyer, Milton Firman, gives his first account of his relationship with Shafilea’s parents and how he was convinced by their claims of innocence.

Simon Foy, former Head of Homicide and Serious Crime at Scotland Yard, offers his own insights into crocodile tears cases – whether they are on the increase and the clues that investigators look out for whilst examining a case.

Prod Co: Mentorn Media

Exec Prod: Steve Anderson

Dir: Nick London

Comm Ed: Emma Cooper

http://www.channel4.com/info/press/programme-information/catching-a-killer-crocodile-tears
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 25.07.13 12:04

http://m.smh.com.au/nsw/kristi-abrahams-jailed-for-at-least-16-years-over-murder-of-daughter-kiesha-weippeart-20130718-2q5td.html

Read it and weep!
They later bought children's toys and a poster to make it look like the little girl was loved and still alive.

"If anyone has seen her can they please contact the police," the then 27-year-old said of her missing six-year-old. "She's beautiful ..."

Now let me think where have i heard THAT one before?

Oh yeah, i remember, THAT is exactly what Kate McCann SAID about Madeleine.
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by jozi 25.07.13 13:16

jeanmonroe wrote:http://m.smh.com.au/nsw/kristi-abrahams-jailed-for-at-least-16-years-over-murder-of-daughter-kiesha-weippeart-20130718-2q5td.html

Read it and weep!
They later bought children's toys and a poster to make it look like the little girl was loved and still alive.

"If anyone has seen her can they please contact the police," the then 27-year-old said of her missing six-year-old. "She's beautiful ..."

Now let me think where have i heard THAT one before?

Oh yeah, i remember, THAT is exactly what Kate McCann SAID about Madeleine.

I never can understand these child abusers always saying " its because I was abused by my parents etc " its always somebody else s fault ??? I'm sure if they were abused they would know how it felt and how horrible it would be, and would try a lot harder not to go the same route.I know children who's parents were alcoholics and they vowed when they grew up, they would not end up like their parents because of their terrible childhood. Not wanting to inflict the same pain on their children that they went through !!!
jozi
jozi

Activity : 733

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance De Boils 25.07.13 21:36

It can work both ways, though.
A person who's had a "difficult" upbringing can overcompensate with their own children, determined that they will not suffer in the same way, but also, it is very difficult in some cases for people to know what "normal" is - even when they know that what they're doing is wrong, they don't know how to be different or how to change things because for them "dysfunctional" is all they've ever known or had experience of.

Ok, that was me being objective.

Subjectively: Using their own experience of abuse is a pathetic excuse for abusing.
F***ing t****ers and c***s the lot of them.

big grin
Lance De Boils
Lance De Boils

Activity : 1053

Back to top Go down

Channel 4  10pm   tonight Empty CH4 Documentary

Post by maebee 25.07.13 23:33

Stuart Hazell (responsible for Tia Sharp's murder), Mick and Mairead Philpott (responsible for the deaths of their 6 children) and Iftikar and Farzana Ahmed (responsible for the death of their daughter Shafilea) all showed the very same characteristics seen in another couple whose daughter "disappeared" on May 3rd 2007. Are you watching SY?
maebee
maebee
Madeleine Foundation

Activity : 682

Back to top Go down

Post by MRNOODLES 26.07.13 0:15

Wow each case had uncanny similarities.
MRNOODLES
MRNOODLES

Activity : 1059

Back to top Go down

Post by jozi 26.07.13 6:57

MRNOODLES wrote:Wow each case had uncanny similarities.

I would have liked to see that but being outside of the UK could not watch. I did watch a good program called The FBI files about Baby Grace who was found in the Galveston Bay , who turned out to be Riley Ann Sawyers . This poor child was beaten to death by her Mother and Step father to chastise her ? Poor poor baby she was only 2 yrs old, when she was dead they even washed her body in bleach to get rid of evidence ???
jozi
jozi

Activity : 733

Back to top Go down

Post by espeland 26.07.13 8:57

Wow each case had uncanny similarities.

Didn't the McCanns treat us to several crying sessions without tears?
espeland
espeland

Activity : 211

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26.07.13 9:16

www.channel4.com/programmes/catching-a-killer-crocodile-tears/4od

Anyone outside the UK will need a proxy server to access this.

I did find though that most of the information (particularly about the Philpotts and Tia Sharp) had already been shown before on programmes at the time of their convictions and probably are accessible via other links.

I didn't know so much about Shafilea Ahmed. Alarm bells would certainly have started ringing immediately when the parents didn't report her missing and carried on their lives apparently without a care.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 26.07.13 13:20

what I took from this was Simon Foy stating that Hazell was a person of interest to the investigation by virtue of the simple fact that he claimed to be the last person to see Tia.

I can only assume that on that basis Gerry McCann will be or has been closely questioned as  will be / have been those of his holiday group who claimed to have been inside or near 5a between 9.05 and 10 pm.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Activity : 4058

Back to top Go down

Channel 4  10pm   tonight Empty thank you, candyfloss

Post by marconi 26.07.13 13:59

candyfloss wrote:I posted this on another thread the other day about this programme...

Catching a Killer: Crocodile Tears

n the light of several recent high-profile cases, this documentary examines the phenomenon of ‘crocodile tears’: where people who feign innocence or make public appeals for information – often on camera – in reality have committed the crime themselves. Featuring several exclusive interviews and shedding new light on crimes that shocked the nation, this film looks beyond the fake tears to reveal stories of deception and betrayal.

Catching A Killer: Crocodile Tears re-examines the Philpott case, in which Mick and his wife Mairead, who took part in a press conference after their house fire killed six children, were finally convicted of their manslaughter in April 2013, along with their best friend Paul Mosley. With exclusive access to Paul Mosley’s brother Bryan, the film hears a tearful account of how residents were affected by the deaths of the six children. Bryan speaks for the first time of his anger regarding the actions of his brother and his part in the arson attack.

Exploring the Philpotts’ now infamous press conference after the fire, Darshna Soni, who covered the story for Channel 4 News, goes back to the scene. This was the point, she says, where everything changed. She recalls in detail the utter bewilderment among the assembled press as they tried to comprehend Mick Philpott’s extraordinary performance in front of the cameras.

Mick Philpott’s former partner of several years, Heather Keogh, was 14 when they started an affair. She was the ‘star’ witness in his trial, and for the first time on film, Heather reveals details about their relationship. She describes enduring often abusive, threatening and violent behaviour as well as the various methods Philpott would us to exercise control over her.

The film hears first hand testimony from the children’s two godparents, who raised money for the funerals and helped bring together the Derby community to support the Philpotts, only to discover this shocking betrayal as the real truth emerged. The Butler brothers, Darren and Jamie, who tried in vain to rescue the Philpott children from the house fire also speak about how Mick and Mairead stood back and did nothing during the blaze. Jamie in particular feels that the tragedy has destroyed his life. The brothers also talk about their decision to go to the police with their suspicions after the Philpotts’ press conference.

The film explores the case of Stuart Hazell, convicted in May 2013 for the murder of 12-year-old Tia Sharp in South London in August 2012. In a powerful and emotional interview, her father Steven Carter, talks about how Hazell, boyfriend to Tia’s grandmother, joined in the search for his daughter, deceiving everyone during the week she was missing.

Detective Constable Alison Grubb from the Metropolitan Police, whose role was to support the family throughout the search for Tia, speaks for the first time about Hazell's behaviour during the week following Tia’s disappearance. She also describes the moment she realised that Tia's body was in the house.

Local newspaper reporter, David Churchill, who covered Tia’s disappearance adds further information about the growing suspicions surrounding Hazell’s involvement and that his television interview – given the day before Tia’s body was discovered – only increased those doubts.

The disappearance and murder of Shafilea Ahmed in 2003, for which her parents were found guilty last year, is also examined. The couple's own lawyer, Milton Firman, gives his first account of his relationship with Shafilea’s parents and how he was convinced by their claims of innocence.

Simon Foy, former Head of Homicide and Serious Crime at Scotland Yard, offers his own insights into crocodile tears cases – whether they are on the increase and the clues that investigators look out for whilst examining a case.

Prod Co: Mentorn Media

Exec Prod: Steve Anderson

Dir: Nick London

Comm Ed: Emma Cooper

http://www.channel4.com/info/press/programme-information/catching-a-killer-crocodile-tears

thank you, candyfloss.  a lot of work for you.   from the beginning I suspected the Philpotts. it was obvious that they were acting.
marconi

Activity : 1104

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 26.07.13 14:18

russiandoll wrote:what I took from this was Simon Foy stating that Hazell was a person of interest to the investigation by virtue of the simple fact that he claimed to be the last person to see Tia.

I can only assume that on that basis Gerry McCann will be or has been closely questioned as  will be / have been those of his holiday group who claimed to have been inside or near 5a between 9.05 and 10 pm.

I know GM has said HE was the last one to see her, the numerous statements he has given about that, but SURELY JT was the 'last' one to see her as she has stated MANY times.
If GM really was the last one to 'see' her, as he has alway said, then who on earth did JT 'see'?
It couldn't possibly have been Madeleine then, could it?
So what child DID JT 'see'?
jeanmonroe

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 26.07.13 15:18

The usual phrase in Police circles is
"The last one to see her alive."
There is a big difference.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16577

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobs 26.07.13 16:56

PeterMac wrote:The usual phrase in Police circles is
"The last one to see her alive."
There is a big difference.

I remember one case in the States going back many years where a girl went missing during a sleepover.
They interviewed everyone in the house including the adults and the father told them he was the last one to see her alive.

He was arrested, charged and found guilty of the murder of  (i think it ws his daughter).

In interviews later on the media asked the detective how they got their man.
he pretty much said it was because the killer told us he was the last one to see her alive, the killer being the father).

Innocent people will not say they are the last person to see the victim alive simply because they aren't, the killer is the last person to see them alive, before murdering them.

Ian huntley used the same words in the Soham murder case.

It is a phrase i listen out for or variations of the same.

I watched the channel 4 programme last night with my SA turned up full.

Given what i know now and my comments at the time the case was breaking news, i can see i spooted the language used and also a fair bit of the body language.

I looked at the 3 cases concerned last night and they were all strikingly similar in behavior.

I look at the Madeleine McCann case and i see the exact same similarites, seeing what i see and knowing what i know i am amazed LE aren't banging on the doors of the mccanns and the tapas 7 and hauling their asses in in handcuffs.

how can anyone NOT see the similrities in behvaior, language and even phrases used. it screams parental involvement
Hobs
Hobs
Researcher/Analyst

Activity : 1825

http://tania-cadogan.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26.07.13 17:24

There were certainly some similarities in what was highlighted in the programme Crocodile Tears and this case.  

Comment was made about the individual who refused to answer questions saying - NO Comment

K refused to answer the questions put to her by police

Comment was made about body language, and also making sounds of crying but no tears.

GNR officer commented in this case

He found the parents to be nervous and anxious, he did not see any tears from either of them although they produced noises identical to crying. He did not feel that this was an abduction, although this was the line indicated by the father.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance De Boils 26.07.13 22:56

I missed most of it. Hope it's on 4oD.
What would be really interesting is if someone clever could insert clips of K&G into relevant sections of the programme so that we could directly compare in context.
Lance De Boils
Lance De Boils

Activity : 1053

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 27.07.13 0:56

Lance De Boils wrote:I missed most of it. Hope it's on 4oD.
What would be really interesting is if someone clever could insert clips of K&G into relevant sections of the programme so that we could directly compare in context.

If you get freeview it's on chanmel 47.
They repeat C4 programmes loads of times.
it's already been on there twice and is on again 3 times next week.
jeanmonroe

Back to top Go down

Post by Who?What?Where? 27.07.13 1:25

I have just watched this on 4OD Thanks for the link to it.

So many interesting point's were made in that programme. I would probably have to view it a few times, to take it all in.

While there are definitely some similarities with the McCann case, the overwhelming feeling that I got, was about the, unbelievable, amount of high level support that the McCann's have received.

They seem to have influential “friends” everywhere.

What is that all about?

None of the people in the Crocodile tears programme received anything like that level of support.

What is it, that is so special about the McCanns?
Who?What?Where?

Activity : 196

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 27.07.13 1:53

Who?What?Where?
Q: "What is it, that is so special about the McCanns?"

A: Kate's SH*T don't STINK?
jeanmonroe

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 27.07.13 2:00

Not sure they are special, think they just act superior and other people fall in with it.
Cristobell

Activity : 2552

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 27.07.13 9:09

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:www.channel4.com/programmes/catching-a-killer-crocodile-tears/4od

Anyone outside the UK will need a proxy server to access this.

I did find though that most of the information (particularly about the Philpotts and Tia Sharp) had already been shown before on programmes at the time of their convictions and probably are accessible via other links.

I didn't know so much about Shafilea Ahmed. Alarm bells would certainly have started ringing immediately when the parents didn't report her missing and carried on their lives apparently without a care.

A reminder of the link to the latest programme and also to one on the same theme from 2002.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kE9GuagWZU&feature=player_embedded
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top