The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

No case is ever "closed"

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

No case is ever "closed"

Post by PeterMac on 22.07.13 15:04

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2372737/Justice-Blakelock-After-13-years-new-evidence-emerges-lead-murder-charge-father-threes-stabbing-Broadwater-Farm-riots.html
Police will charge a man in the next few days with the murder of PC Keith Blakelock 28 years ago.
The suspect – a juvenile at the time of the killing which shocked Britain – was allegedly part of the mob who stabbed the officer to death during the Broadwater Farm riot in 1985.
The extraordinary development follows a marathon new inquiry into PC Blakelock’s death, one of the most controversial unsolved murders on Scotland Yard’s books.
A three-year review, which started in 2000, uncovered a number of leads and resulted in a major new investigation being launched in 2003.
Ten years later, the Metropolitan force is awaiting formal permission from the Crown Prosecution Service to put a suspect on trial.
He is believed to have been among the ‘stabbers and kickers’ who converged on the married father of three during the riot on the Broadwater Farm estate in Tottenham, North London.
The reinvestigation has cost taxpayers millions of pounds and spanned an incredible 13 years.
It was ordered by former Metropolitan Police Commissioner Sir John Stevens, who was determined that the policeman’s family should achieve justice for the appalling events at Broadwater Farm in 1985.
More than 6,000 statements were examined and the latest DNA techniques used to scrutinise evidence.
Police also used a ground-breaking virtual-reality video of the scene compiled from police and press photographs taken on the night.
Police and prosecutors are said to have been liaising over the evidence in the case for more than a year.
REVIEW, followed by INVESTIGATION
6,000 statements examined
Latest DNA techniques . . .
Police and Prosecutors liaising . .


Mmmmmmm ?

____________________


PeterMac
Researcher

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 143
Join date : 2010-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: No case is ever "closed"

Post by Newintown on 22.07.13 17:05

@PeterMac wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2372737/Justice-Blakelock-After-13-years-new-evidence-emerges-lead-murder-charge-father-threes-stabbing-Broadwater-Farm-riots.html
Police will charge a man in the next few days with the murder of PC Keith Blakelock 28 years ago.
The suspect – a juvenile at the time of the killing which shocked Britain – was allegedly part of the mob who stabbed the officer to death during the Broadwater Farm riot in 1985.
The extraordinary development follows a marathon new inquiry into PC Blakelock’s death, one of the most controversial unsolved murders on Scotland Yard’s books.
A three-year review, which started in 2000, uncovered a number of leads and resulted in a major new investigation being launched in 2003.
Ten years later, the Metropolitan force is awaiting formal permission from the Crown Prosecution Service to put a suspect on trial.  
He is believed to have been among the ‘stabbers and kickers’ who converged on the married father of three during the riot on the Broadwater Farm estate in Tottenham, North London.
The reinvestigation has cost taxpayers millions of pounds and spanned an incredible 13 years.
It was ordered by former Metropolitan Police Commissioner Sir John Stevens, who was determined that the policeman’s family should achieve justice for the appalling events at Broadwater Farm in 1985.
More than 6,000 statements were examined and the latest DNA techniques used to scrutinise evidence.
Police also used a ground-breaking virtual-reality video of the scene compiled from police and press photographs taken on the night.Police and prosecutors are said to have been liaising over the evidence in the case for more than a year.
REVIEW, followed by INVESTIGATION
6,000 statements examined
Latest DNA techniques . . .
Police and Prosecutors liaising . .


Mmmmmmm  ?

Could this ground-breaking technology be used for a reconstruction in PDL in which the people who should be taking part in it refuse to co-operate, one wonders.

I hope the family of PC Keith Blakelock do receive justice after 28 years, I remember it so vividly being on the news, I can't believe it's now so long ago.  I remember he was singled out by the crowd, surrounded and hacked to death with machetes. The DM have downgraded his horrific death to a "stabbing", not wanting to upset the delicate flower who murdered Lee Rigby in the same shocking way, I would guess.

____________________
Laurie Levenson, Quoted in the Guardian ........

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"


Newintown

Posts : 1597
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2011-07-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: No case is ever "closed"

Post by russiandoll on 22.07.13 17:09

I would be very surprised, given what can be done with technology, if a virtual reconstruction has not been done based on tapas statements.
  There must be software which does this ?

____________________



             The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy


russiandoll

Posts : 3942
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2011-09-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: No case is ever "closed"

Post by Newintown on 22.07.13 17:11

[quote="russiandoll"]I would be very surprised, given what can be done with technology, if a virtual reconstruction has not been done based on tapas statements.
  There must be software which does this ?[/quote]

Very likely. I should also imagine that the PJ did their own reconstructions using their own police officers 6 years ago and came to the conlusion very quickly that an abduction never happened.

____________________
Laurie Levenson, Quoted in the Guardian ........

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"


Newintown

Posts : 1597
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2011-07-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: No case is ever "closed"

Post by Praiaaa on 22.07.13 18:03

I'm sure I recall seeing a virtual 'reconstruction' when the 3A existed.

Praiaaa

Posts : 419
Reputation : 36
Join date : 2011-04-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: No case is ever "closed"

Post by Guest on 22.07.13 18:15

@Praiaaa wrote:I'm sure I recall seeing a virtual  'reconstruction' when the 3A existed.

 

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: No case is ever "closed"

Post by Newintown on 22.07.13 18:19

@admin wrote:
@Praiaaa wrote:I'm sure I recall seeing a virtual  'reconstruction' when the 3A existed.

 

Ha, ha, that's excellent, thanks for the laugh. It wasn't quite the reconstruction I had in mind, but it does show how the T9 timelines are so ridiculous. smilie 

____________________
Laurie Levenson, Quoted in the Guardian ........

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"


Newintown

Posts : 1597
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2011-07-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: No case is ever "closed"

Post by Guest on 22.07.13 18:26

This is the one I think,


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: No case is ever "closed"

Post by Guest on 22.07.13 18:32

Also here is the article about SY maybe doing a virtual reconstruction..............



 
Virtual reconstitution tests witnesses’ version
10 March 2012 | Posted by  Joana Morais


[url=javascript:void(0);][/url]
Timelines submitted by the Tapas 9, handwritten in torn child's book (alleged to belong to Maddie)

The software of the English will be used to supply further clues to the investigation

by Nuno Miguel Maia and Óscar Queirós

The Scotland Yard possesses software designed to reconstitute, in a virtual way, the facts that have been reported by the various witnesses who have intervened in the process of Maddie’s disappearance.

The existence of this tool may be important to find new leads, in order to solve the case. The versions of those involved may be crossed referenced, and after the data is processed by the software, one can understand what adds up – and what does not.

In this software, one can insert photos and the description of the apartment, including Maddie’s bedroom, drawings or photos of the entries, routes to the restaurant – and a description thereof – where the parents and friends were dining, their table and the localization and position of each person.

The software will also receive the statements that everyone has made and will be making (the English will hear the McCann couple’s friends again), as these people may recall facts, as small as they may be, and even add objects that may give their descriptions more veracity.

From there on, the investigators may reach more precise conclusions, which, very often, belies the testimonies that have been described in their statements.

Connection chronogram

It should be recalled that, during the 14 months of the investigation, a diligence for the reconstitution of the facts with the participation of Kate and Gerry McCann and their friends was not performed1 due to the lack of agreement and “availability” concerning the date that was set by the PJ. The Public Ministry eventually forgo the execution of that step. This is considered by many to be the major lapse in the investigation.

The reconstruction without the presence or the cooperation of arguidos or witnesses has been performed by the Judiciary Police for several years. However, in a more “handmade” approach. In Portugal, and due to the lack of more sophisticated means, like the software used by the English, the PJ uses what is described as a “connection chronogram” [timeline], creating frames with photographs, drawings and witness statements and statements from the arguidos.

Recently, an official of the British police declared that the time has not yet come to speak again with the McCanns and friends and that they are “breeding the ground” to achieve that.

Citing police sources, the British press reports that “rigorous translations” of the Portuguese process are underway, with a particular zeal regarding the statements of the friends of the couple, “so there is an absolutely certainty of what was stated (by them) and its significance.”


in Jornal de Notícias, page 3, March 10, 2012 | Online paid edition | Translation by Astro/JM

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: No case is ever "closed"

Post by PeterMac on 22.07.13 18:35

@russiandoll wrote:I would be very surprised, given what can be done with technology, if a virtual reconstruction has not been done based on tapas statements.
 There must be software which does this ?

The software is the human brain, which reads the Tapas statements, calculates the times and realises that it is absolutely impossible even to attempt a reconstruction.

If the man seen by Jane Tanner was the “abductor’ and was carrying Madeleine, as the McCanns insist, he had available to him the time from Gerry McCann’s leaving the apartment to the sighting by Jane Tanner.  And no more.

In this time the intruder has to

• Enter the apartment
• Sedate all three children - in the dark
• Select Madeleine as the victim - in the dark
• Open the shutters and window   - if he used the front door to enter
• Pick Madeleine out of her bed   - in the dark
• Turn her round so that her head is now to his left, rather than to his right, which is the way he would have approached her in the bed.      
• Exit the apartment, either through the opened window and shutters, or through the front door, which he must then close silently behind him.
• Walk to the left along the path in front of the apartment, walk straight ahead across the car park, and then walk to the right along the road, and cross the street in front of Jane Tanner, the father of the very child he had just abducted, and another man who has his own child in a buggy.  

Taking into account the travelling time, he has around one minute and twenty seconds in which to achieve the first seven items on the list.


Can you write the screen play for each actor taking part ?  
If not, there can be no reconstruction, which is precisely why their lawyers forbade the Tapas 7 from going anywhere near PdL.

____________________


PeterMac
Researcher

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 143
Join date : 2010-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: No case is ever "closed"

Post by PeterMac on 22.07.13 18:39

The one referred to is probably ANACAPA.

I love the line “rigorous translations” of the Portuguese process are underway, with a particular zeal regarding the statements of the friends of the couple, “so there is an absolutely certainty of what was stated (by them) and its significance.”
Absolute certainty !
Absolute certainty that Gerry went in through the front door - using his key, or absolute certainty that he went in through the patio door which was unlocked ?

And its significance ? That they were making most of it up as they went along.

____________________


PeterMac
Researcher

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 143
Join date : 2010-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: No case is ever "closed"

Post by Newintown on 22.07.13 18:47

candyfloss wrote:Also here is the article about SY maybe doing a virtual reconstruction..............



 
Virtual reconstitution tests witnesses’ version
10 March 2012 | Posted by  Joana Morais


[url=javascript(0);][/url]
Timelines submitted by the Tapas 9, handwritten in torn child's book (alleged to belong to Maddie)

The software of the English will be used to supply further clues to the investigation[/b]

by Nuno Miguel Maia and Óscar Queirós

The Scotland Yard possesses software designed to reconstitute, in a virtual way, the facts that have been reported by the various witnesses who have intervened in the process of Maddie’s disappearance.

The existence of this tool may be important to find new leads, in order to solve the case. The versions of those involved may be crossed referenced, and after the data is processed by the software, one can understand what adds up – and what does not.

In this software, one can insert photos and the description of the apartment, including Maddie’s bedroom, drawings or photos of the entries, routes to the restaurant – and a description thereof – where the parents and friends were dining, their table and the localization and position of each person.

The software will also receive the statements that everyone has made and will be making (the English will hear the McCann couple’s friends again), as these people may recall facts, as small as they may be, and even add objects that may give their descriptions more veracity.

From there on, the investigators may reach more precise conclusions, which, very often, belies the testimonies that have been described in their statements.

Connection chronogram

It should be recalled that, during the 14 months of the investigation, a diligence for the reconstitution of the facts with the participation of Kate and Gerry McCann and their friends was not performed1 due to the lack of agreement and “availability” concerning the date that was set by the PJ. The Public Ministry eventually forgo the execution of that step. This is considered by many to be the major lapse in the investigation.

The reconstruction without the presence or the cooperation of arguidos or witnesses has been performed by the Judiciary Police for several years. However, in a more “handmade” approach. In Portugal, and due to the lack of more sophisticated means, like the software used by the English, the PJ uses what is described as a “connection chronogram” [timeline], creating frames with photographs, drawings and witness statements and statements from the arguidos.

Recently, an official of the British police declared that the time has not yet come to speak again with the McCanns and friends and that they are “breeding the ground” to achieve that.

Citing police sources, the British press reports that “rigorous translations” of the Portuguese process are underway, with a particular zeal regarding the statements of the friends of the couple, “so there is an absolutely certainty of what was stated (by them) and its significance.”


in Jornal de Notícias, page 3, March 10, 2012 | Online paid edition | Translation by Astro/JM

Highlights in red - So the PJ were on top of their game some years ago, so much for the UK media calling them "bungling cops", "sardine munchers", "incompetent", etc, etc.

Thanks for posting that, Candyfloss.  Very, very interesting.

ETA: the article also shows how closely the PJ were working with SY (who had the software) as the article is dated March 2012.

____________________
Laurie Levenson, Quoted in the Guardian ........

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"


Newintown

Posts : 1597
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2011-07-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: No case is ever "closed"

Post by lillyofthevalley on 22.07.13 19:26

So if SY were working with Portugal last year, what's stopping them still working with them now.
I think they are and all this that Redwood is speaking now, is smoke and mirrors.

And anyone that reads and believes what is printed in our papers with regards to what SY are up to deserve to have the wool pulled over their eyes, I wouldn't line my cats toilet tray out with it.

lillyofthevalley

Posts : 40
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2010-03-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: No case is ever "closed"

Post by PeterMac on 22.07.13 22:40

@Newintown wrote:- So the PJ were on top of their game some years ago, so much for the UK media calling them "bungling cops", "sardine munchers", "incompetent", etc, etc.
Thanks for posting that, Candyfloss.  Very, very interesting.
ETA: the article also shows how closely the PJ were working with SY (who had the software) as the article is dated March 2012.

Of course they were. Almost the first thing we saw them do was try to climb in through the window, and out again - look at the photos. The tried to re-enact what they were being told - even though they were dealing with Gerry's lies, which they must have realised within minutes were just that LIES (KEVIN< KEVIN< testing, testing)
Shutters NOT forced, Door NOT hanging open, husband and wife giving diametrically opposing versions of the truth, and trashing the crime scene as comprehensively as they could.

They knew, they knew there was no abduction. And because it is in italic, it must be true !

____________________


PeterMac
Researcher

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 143
Join date : 2010-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: No case is ever "closed"

Post by russiandoll on 22.07.13 23:24

Thinking back to my first posts on this forum almost 2 years ago, I am reminded that the catalyst for wanting to read more of the files and debate the issues was the book written by Kate McCann.

 I have no issue with the way it was titled with Maddie's name in small case. It is  on the cover and spine in much bolder print than the author's name and given her age, this small case would probably have been how Maddie wrote her name at home and at her nursery.

 I still have issues with the lies about the checks, it was these lies and the bizarre question Kate asked herself about Maddie crying along with one of the twins, was it when they were having their bath?  which were the basis for my first posts on the forum.

 Kate writes almost with pride about the VISUAL checking of the children, the group was going into their apartments and LOOKING.

 It is unequivocally the case that at 10 pm 3rd May, Kate had no intention of LOOKING, because she describes in great detail all her movements inside 5a and surely would have told her readers had she seen her children before closing the door over [ it was open wider than she liked to leave it].
 She does not say anything apart from telling us that she gently closed it to.......then it slammed shut and she went to check the patio doors had not been left open.

 Only when she has checked the patio doors and confirmed they were closed does she look in the room.
 The rest is history.

 It is clear that had the door not slammed, she would have left it in its new position and exited 5a, without looking at the children she had not seen for over 2 hours.
 Why was she so bothered about the door being opened a bit too wide? The door was left open a little to let light into the room, there would have been a problem if the door was closed over more than usual. She said all was silent in 5a, so the children were undisturbed. Why bother to go and close it to?

All a fabrication, and if she lies about VISUAL checking, something so fundamental, why should we give credence to a single thing she says?

 She is consistent at least- in the video clip where she re enacts this episode, we clearly see her close the door without looking in at her babies.
 Then we have the atrocious acting out of her shock at the door slamming, similar to what we were treated to when she and Gerry acted out their puzzlement at why didn't you come when we were crying?

____________________



             The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy


russiandoll

Posts : 3942
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2011-09-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: No case is ever "closed"

Post by PeterMac on 22.07.13 23:37

@russiandoll wrote:Thinking back to my first posts on this forum almost 2 years ago, I am reminded that the catalyst for wanting to read more of the files and debate the issues was the book written by Kate McCann.
 I have no issue with the way it was titled with Maddie's name in small case. It is  on the cover and spine in much bolder print than the author's name and given her age, this small case would probably have been how Maddie wrote her name at home and at her nursery.
 I still have issues with the lies about the checks, it was these lies and the bizarre question Kate asked herself about Maddie crying along with one of the twins, was it when they were having their bath?  which were the basis for my first posts on the forum.
 Kate writes almost with pride about the VISUAL checking of the children, the group was going into their apartments and LOOKING.
 It is unequivocally the case that at 10 pm 3rd May, Kate had no intention of LOOKING, because she describes in great detail all her movements inside 5a and surely would have told her readers had she seen her children before closing the door over [ it was open wider than she liked to leave it].
 She does not say anything apart from telling us that she gently closed it to.......then it slammed shut and she went to check the patio doors had not been left open.
 Only when she has checked the patio doors and confirmed they were closed does she look in the room.
 The rest is history.
 It is clear that had the door not slammed, she would have left it in its new position and exited 5a, without looking at the children she had not seen for over 2 hours.
 Why was she so bothered about the door being opened a bit too wide? The door was left open a little to let light into the room, there would have been a problem if the door was closed over more than usual. She said all was silent in 5a, so the children were undisturbed. Why bother to go and close it to?
All a fabrication, and if she lies about VISUAL checking, something so fundamental, why should we give credence to a single thing she says?
 She is consistent at least- in the video clip where she re enacts this episode, we clearly see her close the door without looking in at her babies.
 Then we have the atrocious acting out of her shock at the door slamming, similar to what we were treated to when she and Gerry acted out their puzzlement at why didn't you come when we were crying?

Have left it all in, because it should be read over and over again.  Particularly by the Child Neglect lobby, and by Carter- Ruck et al.  Adam Tudor, and Isabel Martorell in particular - Kevin can you pass it on , please !  Tony Bennett, Tony Bennett, Pieces of Eight, Pieces of Eight.

Spot on.
Kate had no intention of looking at the children, as you say and as she has proved, again and again.
The alleged checker MO also did not bother to look at the children - which is convenient for him as it lets him out of being last person to see Madeleine alive.
And from the 'truthful' book we know that Gerry was not going to bother looking in to the room either, except that the door was at a different angle . . .
He then checked the parents' room first - before "allegedly " løoking in at the children, and doing all the Disney stuff

Not one of them was actually going to LØOK

____________________


PeterMac
Researcher

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 143
Join date : 2010-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: No case is ever "closed"

Post by maebee on 22.07.13 23:55

undefined wrote:
@russiandoll wrote:Thinking back to my first posts on this forum almost 2 years ago, I am reminded that the catalyst for wanting to read more of the files and debate the issues was the book written by Kate McCann.

 I have no issue with the way it was titled with Maddie's name in small case. It is  on the cover and spine in much bolder print than the author's name and given her age, this small case would probably have been how Maddie wrote her name at home and at her nursery.

 I still have issues with the lies about the checks, it was these lies and the bizarre question Kate asked herself about Maddie crying along with one of the twins, was it when they were having their bath?  which were the basis for my first posts on the forum.

 Kate writes almost with pride about the VISUAL checking of the children, the group was going into their apartments and LOOKING.

 It is unequivocally the case that at 10 pm 3rd May, Kate had no intention of LOOKING, because she describes in great detail all her movements inside 5a and surely would have told her readers had she seen her children before closing the door over [ it was open wider than she liked to leave it].
 She does not say anything apart from telling us that she gently closed it to.......then it slammed shut and she went to check the patio doors had not been left open.

 Only when she has checked the patio doors and confirmed they were closed does she look in the room.
 The rest is history.

 It is clear that had the door not slammed, she would have left it in its new position and exited 5a, without looking at the children she had not seen for over 2 hours.
 Why was she so bothered about the door being opened a bit too wide? The door was left open a little to let light into the room, there would have been a problem if the door was closed over more than usual. She said all was silent in 5a, so the children were undisturbed. Why bother to go and close it to?

All a fabrication, and if she lies about VISUAL checking, something so fundamental, why should we give credence to a single thing she says?

 She is consistent at least- in the video clip where she re enacts this episode, we clearly see her close the door without looking in at her babies.
 Then we have the atrocious acting out of her shock at the door slamming, similar to what we were treated to when she and Gerry acted out their puzzlement at why didn't you come when we were crying?

Excellent post RD. Re" It was these lies and the bizarre question Kate asked herself about Maddie crying along with one of the twins, was it when they were having their bath?"

Bizarre indeed. She was SO flippant about this. It shouldn't have mattered when the crying happened - bath or whenever. The fact that the toddlers they left alone were crying for them Sad should have made them realise that what they had done that week was wrong. They said that after this incident they agreed to watch more carefully but they didn't. After this "crying incident" on May 2nd, they STILL left the 3 toddlers alone in the apartment on the following night!!!!

maebee
Madeleine Foundation

Posts : 480
Reputation : 81
Join date : 2009-12-03
Location : Ireland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: No case is ever "closed"

Post by Who?What?Where? on 23.07.13 1:12

I really do hope that no case is ever closed. Who can tell when some new, crucial, evidence  may come to light?

I think that I read, at the weekend, that  the BBC were reported as having spent, a staggering £5 Million, on an internal investigation into the Jimmy Saville case.

Why would they do that?  They have no authority to bring a prosecution to Court. So, what could they have spent all of that money on? Totally unbelievable.

The BBC and the Police are both funded, by a slightly different variation  of the public purse, in the U.K. It is slightly different, because the public have no choice about whether they pay for the BBC , if they want to have a Television  in their home. I'm sure most law abiding citizen's in the UK , don't mind paying for the Police, but even if they do mind, they have no choice either..

If the BBC really wanted to get to the truth about Saville, they should have refunded the, reported, £5 Million, to the public purse,as long as the refund  was used to investigate the Saville case, by independent people, in an effort to really get to the truth about what has been going on within the BBC.

Who would be better to do that, and  be more independent, than the Police?

That might have been believable..  They didn't do that. They spent the money themselve's.

Their action's, clearly , do not add up.

Who?What?Where?

Posts : 187
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2013-06-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: No case is ever "closed"

Post by russiandoll on 23.07.13 8:05

before the thread goes off-topic, [ will keep my comments on the book in the relevant section !] this screamed out at me again, relating to the pair relaxing with a glass of wine prior to leaving for the tapas bar 

"We talked about the holiday and whether we'd do anything differently if we were to come again, which we'd been considering. We both thought that another time we'd quite like to stay in the apartment on our own some evenings [ the other couples probably felt that way, too ], have a leisurely dinner in the sitting room or on the veranda and enjoy one of our famous early nights. In fact , we'd wondered about doing that tonight, but as it was such a short holiday, and almost over, it seemed a bit unsociable not to join in with everyone else. Another decision that could have gone either way. "

 What is striking  about this passage apart from the staggering dismissiveness of that last sentence ?

 1. While it was a short break, they had spent 5 evenings dining out with friends and if they had eaten in on the Thursday, they surely would have had the last night eating as a group on the Friday, meaning 1/7 eating in alone.

2. While wondering about staying in to eat, they considered how they might be viewed as unsociable, but gave no thought to their daughter's words that morning about having her cries ignored ? Their being considered unsociable did not prevent their spending almost all of their daytime hours away from the group, are we really meant to believe that this was why they made their decision not to eat in? They never considered the important factor of where they would get food from, given that it was a discussion taking place in the evening. Was that because Kate would then have to admit the possibility of a tapas takeaway which the group could have eaten every night, on one of their verandas, closer to their sleeping children?

So while it was A BIT UNSOCIABLE to stay in and eat [ weighed against being MASSIVELY NEGLIGENT AND SELFISH, CONSIDERING THE CRYING OF THE NIGHT BEFORE, TO GO OUT YET AGAIN], THEY CHOSE TO DO THE LATTER.

____________________



             The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy


russiandoll

Posts : 3942
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2011-09-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: No case is ever "closed"

Post by Miraflores on 23.07.13 8:39

Another decision which could have gone either way.

Put like this, how extraordinary. Other parents would have said something like, 'how we wish to God we had acted on that instinct, Madeleine would still be safe now.'

Miraflores

Posts : 845
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2011-06-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: No case is ever "closed"

Post by russiandoll on 23.07.13 8:50

Gerry does not mention the strange position of the children's bedroom door 4th May, understandable to a point given the stress, but so crucial that I find it unusual that he does not recall it. He mentions it in his 2nd statement :

 
 and while he was entering the living room, he noticed that the children's bedroom door was not ajar as he had left it but half-way open, which he thought was strange, having then thought that possibly MADELEINE had got up to go to sleep in his bedroom, so as to avoid the noise produced by her siblings. Therefore, he entered the children's bedroom and established visual contact with each of them, checking and he is certain of this, that the three were deeply asleep. He left the children's bedroom returning to place the door how he had already previously described
 
 Did Gerry ever say why he thought the door was half open as he was the first in the apartment for a check? Had Maddie got up, then settled back down to sleep? He sounds as if he is dismissing disturbance by the twins and does not mention that she might have woken to use the toilet, I presume she would not have been expected to get herself a drink and would have been left a drink in the bedroom.

This is all scene-setting, surely? Maddie present and does not seem to have got up and opened the door. So it must be the case, as no one but Gerry had been in the apartment since he left the children's bedroom, that an intruder was responsible for the door's altered position.

____________________



             The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy


russiandoll

Posts : 3942
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2011-09-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

never

Post by marconi on 23.07.13 10:21

suspects never tell the truth, why should te police?

te visit to Algarve has a serious goal.
we have to wait.

marconi

Posts : 1082
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2013-05-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: No case is ever "closed"

Post by PeterMac on 23.07.13 10:30

The second statement, 10th May,  has all the hallmarks of retro-fitting.
He has to make it fit Kate's statement, since she had taken the lead role by that stage.
He has to make it fit the forensic results - no damage to the shutters and so on
And he has to make it fit Oldfield's and Hill's statements.

Remember that Gerry made his 4th May statement before Kate, and even though he was allowed to sit in and signal to her by squeezing her shoulder, he must have realised even at that stage that she was sayng something different, and that is was all going wrong.
Why he then waited a WEEK before correcting, or altering, his first statement is a mystery.
If had done it immediately he could have put the PJ off the track completely.
It is as mysterious as JT not saying she could have been wrong.

____________________


PeterMac
Researcher

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 143
Join date : 2010-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

guardian angel

Post by marconi on 23.07.13 10:35

What does surprise me is that  Kate does not pray for Madeleine's Guardian Angel in her book.
Te only saint for alive people, especially for children.
Having becoming orthodox catholic, I would have expected that.

marconi

Posts : 1082
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2013-05-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: No case is ever "closed"

Post by Who?What?Where? on 24.07.13 1:40

I have not read kate's book yet, but it seem's that I probably need to, if I want to see the bigger picture.. I think I will see if my local Library can get a copy for me.

I won't buy a new one, after the disgraceful capitulation by amazon , in attempting to silence Pat Brown. There is no need to put any more money into the mccann fund, that I can see.

Who?What?Where?

Posts : 187
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2013-06-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum