The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

DAILY MIRROR 20th July 2013 - Madeleine McCann: British detectives to arrive at scene 'within days' to follow up new leads

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

DAILY MIRROR 20th July 2013 - Madeleine McCann: British detectives to arrive at scene 'within days' to follow up new leads

Post by jeanmonroe on 20.07.13 2:30

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-british-detectives-arrive-2067929
ByTom Pettifor
Madeleine McCann: British detectives to arrive at scene 'within days' to follow up new leads
20 Jul 2013 00:00
Officers from Scotland Yard travelling to the scene could interview witnesses and suspects, search properties and even make arrests
British detectives looking for missing Madeleine McCann could arrive in Portugal within days to follow up a string of new leads.
Officers from Scotland Yard will travel to the scene of the crime, potentially interviewing witnesses and suspects, searching properties and even making arrests.
It comes after the Crown Prosecution Service yesterday confirmed it had written a letter to Portuguese judges on Thursday asking for permission to gather evidence, with the help of the local police.
The letter is believed to name a number of suspects and witnesses living in Portugal who officers want to talk to over the coming months.
It is thought to outline possible offences being probed, including child trafficking, kidnap and murder.
Madeleine went missing while she was on holiday in the Algarve with parents Kate and Gerry and her twin siblings six years ago.
The Met said two weeks ago that it wanted to trace 38 potential suspects across five countries, having reviewed the case for two years.
It announced a full criminal inquiry and Detective Chief Inspector Andy Redwood, who is leading Operation Grange, said: “The review has given us new thinking, new theories, new evidence and new witnesses.”
He added: “We remain committed to finding out what happened to Madeleine. Everything we do is utterly focused on her best interests. We continue to believe there is a possibility she is alive. We remain in close contact with Kate and Gerry McCann.”
Last night Scotland Yard refused to be drawn on when the team of detectives would fly out but a CPS spokesman confirmed yesterday: “The letter has been sent.”
Alison Saunders, the chief crown prosecutor for London, and her colleague Jenny Hopkins, head of the CPS complex casework unit, have already discussed how to obtain the evidence with Portuguese lawyers.
Launching a full investigation abroad is rare and such probes are tightly governed.
It will be a joint inquiry between the two countries and authorities in capital Lisbon insisted “the British authorities cannot act on their own in Portugal”.
Madeleine was almost four when she disappeared from her family’s holiday ­apartment in Praia da Luz in May 2007.
Scene: The family's apartment in Praia da Luz
She had been asleep in the apartment with the younger twins while her parents dined out with their friends nearby.
The original Portuguese inquiry was shelved in 2008. British detectives have visited the country 16 times in the past two years but the probe could not be re-opened unless there was significant new evidence.
Prime Minister David Cameron ordered the Met to review the case in 2011 and a team examined files from Portuguese police, British agencies and the McCanns’ private detectives.
The discovery of new leads convinced the Met there was a chance of solving the case, leading to Thursday’s International Letter of Request.
When the probe was confirmed, a spokesman for the McCanns said: “It is a big step forward in establishing what happened and, hopefully, towards bringing whoever is responsible for Madeleine’s abduction to justice.”
______________________________________________________________________________

Well, now you know what the McCanns have come up with to distract from the Royal birth!
Kate McCann (KM) will do ANYTHING to try to dislodge the real KM from the front page!
Just a thought:
Will all those 'villians' the Met are gonna sort out, just be sitting in their houses, waiting for the 6 o'clock 'knock' or do you think they might have done a runner by the time the woodentopped traps arrive?
Nothing like getting a few days 'notice' prior to a raid!

jeanmonroe

Posts : 5129
Reputation : 883
Join date : 2013-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

witnesses

Post by marconi on 20.07.13 3:36

Possibly those people are not allowed to leave country. And I hope the letter will go faster than the rogatory ones.

Well, I believe that at least a local Briton helped the McCanns to hide the body. And this local Briton will be under pressure.

Britons who don't know well the Algarve and Luz, would not have been too useful.  It got to be somebody who lives there. According to Amaral the body didn't leave Praia da Luz.

That news above (if it is true)  have a purpose, otherwise they would not have told it.

I wonder if she is buried but I don't think so. I think she is still being kept in a freezer or behind an extra wall, in a home.  Or she could be in Lagos.

I wonder why Mrs Hubbard went to meet Kate last April or May. They could have seen each other on Skype.

Did the dogs search the [deleted]home in Luz?

 Name removed as libellous implication imo

marconi

Posts : 1082
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2013-05-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

consulate

Post by marconi on 20.07.13 5:04

@marconi wrote:Possibly those people are not allowed to leave country. And I hope the letter will go faster than the rogatory ones.

Well, I believe that at least a local Briton helped the McCanns to hide the body. And this local Briton will be under pressure.

Britons who don't know well the Algarve and Luz, would not have been too useful.  It got to be somebody who lives there. According to Amaral the body didn't leave Praia da Luz.

That news above (if it is true)  have a purpose, otherwise they would not have told it.

I wonder if she is buried but I don't think so. I think she is still being kept in a freezer or behind an extra wall, in a home Or she could be in Lagos.

I wonder why Mrs Hubbard went to meet Kate last April or May. They could have seen each other on Skype.

Did the dogs search the [deleted] home in Luz?

 could the British consulate in Portimao be involved in the disappearence of the body?  Brown protected the McCCanns he sent Mitchell to protect them, he could have ordered the consulate to help them.
How come the British Ambassador wrote that the secret was kept behind governments closed doors? (Wikyleaks)?

marconi

Posts : 1082
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2013-05-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DAILY MIRROR 20th July 2013 - Madeleine McCann: British detectives to arrive at scene 'within days' to follow up new leads

Post by tigger on 20.07.13 6:39

@ marconi. The British consulates merely exists to help Britons abroad, they didn't need to be ordered to help.

____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.

tigger

Posts : 8112
Reputation : 24
Join date : 2011-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DAILY MIRROR 20th July 2013 - Madeleine McCann: British detectives to arrive at scene 'within days' to follow up new leads

Post by tiny on 20.07.13 6:39

I see that the team from sy are still in close contact with the mccanns,oh dear

tiny

Posts : 2274
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2010-02-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DAILY MIRROR 20th July 2013 - Madeleine McCann: British detectives to arrive at scene 'within days' to follow up new leads

Post by tigger on 20.07.13 6:41

@tiny wrote:I see that the team from sy are still in close contact with the mccanns,oh dear

They need to be, the McCanns have never had time to search, not even on the 3rd or the 4th or any time after that. They're very busy people you know.sad 

____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.

tigger

Posts : 8112
Reputation : 24
Join date : 2011-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DAILY MIRROR 20th July 2013 - Madeleine McCann: British detectives to arrive at scene 'within days' to follow up new leads

Post by Seek truth on 20.07.13 7:14

@tigger wrote:
@tiny wrote:I see that the team from sy are still in close contact with the mccanns,oh dear

They need to be, the McCanns have never had time to search, not even on the 3rd or the 4th or any time after that. They're very busy people you know.sad 

 Well let's see SY searching! What a time to do it! Its so hot! and will they being taking Eddie and Keela?

Sure, they won't forget their SUNCREAM.

Seek truth

Posts : 447
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2013-06-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DAILY MIRROR 20th July 2013 - Madeleine McCann: British detectives to arrive at scene 'within days' to follow up new leads

Post by Woburn_exile on 20.07.13 7:24

It's amazing how all of these reports get to the gutter garbage press and not into the broadsheets.  I would have thought that the Daily Mirror would be the last place the McCanns would look for sympathy given that the majority of readers are from sinko chavvo estates knowing that if they had abandoned their children to go out on the razz then their children would be taken into protective care. Is the abandonment of Madeleine McCann (the only known fact in this case) regarded as justifiable in the red top media audience? The 2 phrases that jump at me here are "David Cameron ordered a review" like hell he did, he does not have any authority to do that. Also "bring the abductor to justice" , not "find Madeleine alive"? Of course I could be completely wrong, a group of children could be out on their bikes exploring some caves when they find a poor frightened little girl who they then take to the police , just like in the Enid Blyton stories. Somehow I think that theory is 60 years out of date, just like the theory that Madeleine was abducted when in fact she was killed deliberately or otherwise as a result of actions by those solely responsible for her care.
shark shark shark shark shark shark shark

Woburn_exile

Posts : 239
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-05-30
Location : UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DAILY MIRROR 20th July 2013 - Madeleine McCann: British detectives to arrive at scene 'within days' to follow up new leads

Post by Guest on 20.07.13 7:37

The only piece of the artical I may be inclined to believe is:

Last night Scotland Yard refused to be drawn on when the team of detectives would fly out but a CPS spokesman confirmed yesterday: “The letter has been sent.”
Alison Saunders, the chief crown prosecutor for London, and her colleague Jenny Hopkins, head of the CPS complex casework unit, have already discussed how to obtain the evidence with Portuguese lawyers.
Launching a full investigation abroad is rare and such probes are tightly governed.
It will be a joint inquiry between the two countries and authorities in capital Lisbon insisted “the British authorities cannot act on their own in Portugal”.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: DAILY MIRROR 20th July 2013 - Madeleine McCann: British detectives to arrive at scene 'within days' to follow up new leads

Post by PeterMac on 20.07.13 7:41

@jeanmonroe wrote:http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-british-detectives-arrive-2067929
ByTom Pettifor
Madeleine McCann: British detectives to arrive at scene 'within days' to follow up new leads
20 Jul 2013 00:00
Officers from Scotland Yard travelling to the scene could interview witnesses and suspects, search properties and even make arrests-But we don't know.
British detectives looking for missing Madeleine McCann could arrive in Portugal within days to follow up a string of new leads.-But we don't know.
Officers from Scotland Yard will travel to the scene of the crime, potentially interviewing witnesses and suspects, searching properties and even making arrests.
It comes after the Crown Prosecution Service yesterday confirmed it had written a letter to Portuguese judges on Thursday asking for permission to gather evidence, with the help of the local police.
The letter is believed to name a number of suspects and witnesses living in Portugal who officers want to talk to over the coming months.-But we don't know.
It is thought to outline possible offences being probed, including child trafficking, kidnap and murder.-But we don't know.
Madeleine went missing while she was on holiday in the Algarve with parents Kate and Gerry and her twin siblings six years ago.

Very informative piece, considering.

____________________


PeterMac
Researcher

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 143
Join date : 2010-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DAILY MIRROR 20th July 2013 - Madeleine McCann: British detectives to arrive at scene 'within days' to follow up new leads

Post by Guest on 20.07.13 8:35

@jeanmonroe wrote:http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-british-detectives-arrive-2067929
ByTom Pettifor  with minor amendments by Poe
Madeleine McCann: British detectives to arrive at scene 'within days' to follow up new leads
20 Jul 2013 00:00
Officers from Scotland Yard travelling to the scene could don giant purple wigs
British detectives looking for missing Madeleine McCann could then demand that everyone call them Petunia.
Officers from Scotland Yard will travel to the scene of the crime, potentially doing the conga along the beach.
It comes after the Crown Prosecution Service yesterday confirmed it had written a letter to Portuguese judges on Thursday asking for permission to gather evidence, with the help of the local police.
The letter is believed to request a boombox and selection of Elvis cds. It is thought to outline tracks the police are particularly keen on such as "Hound Dog"
Madeleine went missing while she was on holiday in the Algarve with parents Kate and Gerry and her twin siblings six years ago.
The Met said two weeks ago that it wanted to trace 38 potential suspects across five countries, having reviewed the case for two years.
It announced a full criminal inquiry and Detective Chief Inspector Andy Redwood, who is leading Operation Grange, said: “The review has given us new thinking, new theories, new evidence and new witnesses.”
He added: “We remain committed to finding out what happened to Madeleine. Everything we do is utterly focused on her best interests. We continue to believe there is a possibility she is alive. We remain in close contact with Kate and Gerry McCann.”
Last night Scotland Yard refused to be drawn on when the team of detectives would fly out but a CPS spokesman confirmed yesterday: “The letter has been sent.”
Alison Saunders, the chief crown prosecutor for London, and her colleague Jenny Hopkins, head of the CPS complex casework unit, have already discussed how to obtain the evidence with Portuguese lawyers.
Launching a full investigation abroad is rare and such probes are tightly governed.
It will be a joint inquiry between the two countries and authorities in capital Lisbon insisted “the British authorities cannot act on their own in Portugal”.

Madeleine was almost four when she disappeared from her family’s holiday ­apartment in Praia da Luz in May 2007.
Scene: The family's apartment in Praia da Luz
She had been asleep in the apartment with the younger twins while her parents dined out with their friends nearby.
The original Portuguese inquiry was shelved in 2008. British detectives have visited the country 16 times in the past two years but the probe could not be re-opened unless there was significant new evidence.
Prime Minister David Cameron ordered the Met to review the case in 2011 and a team examined files from Portuguese police, British agencies and the McCanns’ private detectives.
The discovery of new leads convinced the Met there was a chance of solving the case, leading to Thursday’s International Letter of Request.
When the probe was confirmed, a spokesman for the McCanns said: “It is a big step forward in establishing what happened and, hopefully, towards bringing whoever is responsible for Madeleine’s abduction to justice.”


 For clarification, the sentences in red are the facts while the sentences in black are speculation. Despite the slight change in wording between the original and amended article they are equally accurate sarcastic


I've edited it and made the only new piece of information bold. So we have one sentence that is actual news and the rest is just padding.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: DAILY MIRROR 20th July 2013 - Madeleine McCann: British detectives to arrive at scene 'within days' to follow up new leads

Post by Kepharel on 20.07.13 8:43

@Woburn_exile wrote:It's amazing how all of these reports get to the gutter garbage press and not into the broadsheets.  I would have thought that the Daily Mirror would be the last place the McCanns would look for sympathy given that the majority of readers are from sinko chavvo estates  
 
Aw! Woburn...I read the Mirror smilie  but I still don't believe everthing they write, just as I don't believe everything in The Independent, The Guardian, The Observer, The Times, the Financial Times or the Telegraph when I buy them from time to time.

I do draw the line at the Sun and the Star however.

Kepharel

Posts : 130
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-01-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DAILY MIRROR 20th July 2013 - Madeleine McCann: British detectives to arrive at scene 'within days' to follow up new leads

Post by jeanmonroe on 20.07.13 10:23

"Madeleine went missing while she was on holiday in the Algarve with parents Kate and Gerry and her twin siblings six years ago."

Shouldn't that read as:

"Madeleine was left alone to fight off an "abductor/paedo" when her parents Kate and Gerry and her twin siblings went missing from the Algave SIX years ago."

jeanmonroe

Posts : 5129
Reputation : 883
Join date : 2013-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DAILY MIRROR 20th July 2013 - Madeleine McCann: British detectives to arrive at scene 'within days' to follow up new leads

Post by sallypelt on 20.07.13 10:35

I found this interesting. It's taken from the PJ files which relates to "missing files":


Processo Volume XIII, Page 3909
THANKS TO ALBYM
Document missing from DVD: Processo Volume XIII, Page 3909.
In a memorandum dated 24 October 2007 (Processo Volume XIII, Page 3909) reference is made to a document written by Dr David Payne which document had been read carefully by British Detective Constable Mike Marshall, the author of the memorandum. KATERINA PAYNE INCIDENT
The document written by Dr Payne is not in the DVD.
THANKS TO INES
There is only one statement from DP to PJ on the DVD unlike other T7 members. Possibly he made more then one

sallypelt

Posts : 3299
Reputation : 522
Join date : 2012-11-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DAILY MIRROR 20th July 2013 - Madeleine McCann: British detectives to arrive at scene 'within days' to follow up new leads

Post by PeterMac on 20.07.13 10:55

@jeanmonroe wrote:"Madeleine went missing while she was on holiday in the Algarve with parents Kate and Gerry and her twin siblings six years ago."
Shouldn't that read as:
"Madeleine was left alone to fight off an "abductor/paedo" when her parents Kate and Gerry and her twin siblings went missing from the Algave SIX years ago."

There's a new twist.  
Perhaps Madeleine heroically and bravely gave her own life, or offered herself as a hostage when the predatory abductor / Paedo tried to take the twins.
She was the most senior member of the family present, after all
Give generously !

____________________


PeterMac
Researcher

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 143
Join date : 2010-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DAILY MIRROR 20th July 2013 - Madeleine McCann: British detectives to arrive at scene 'within days' to follow up new leads

Post by joyce1938 on 20.07.13 11:05

I think I had heard ,thatsome new houses were in a state of half built at the time it happened ,and finished before anyone had felt it needed to have the dogs go over them ,so there are places  we may not thought about .Bring back the dogs mr grimes uses I say .joyce1938

joyce1938

Posts : 805
Reputation : 86
Join date : 2010-04-20
Age : 77
Location : england

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Keela and Eddie back to Portugal

Post by Woburn_exile on 20.07.13 11:41

Eddie and Keela the 2 crack sniffer dogs along with their specialist handlers  are to fly out to portugal in the search for madeleine McCann. It is thought that they will be searching other properties nearby for traces of Madeleine who went missing in 2007 whilst their parents dined next door.. A source close to eddie and keela said they wer delighted to be going back to the algarve, the last time to get a nice run on the beach all they had to do was go into an apartment , have a bit of a sniff and bark a few times.  A spokesman for eddie and keela says that they have been made aware of the bungling portuguese detectives and are privately seeking to prove that they are incredibly unreliable just to have another nice series of beach walks whist the McCann team search the archives to find something to tell the media. "It was all a bit naughty really"  said eddie, keela and  I were sending "hurry up and bark" messages to each other when we were supposed to be engaged in police work.
Keela and eddie have a 100%  record say sources close to scotland yard. "it's hard to imagine that they would intentionally make these stories up, but there again you know how devious dogs can be where walks on the beach are concerned" said a former dog handler who has experience of finding over 1 cadaver during his long career in the Met.

Woburn_exile

Posts : 239
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-05-30
Location : UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DAILY MIRROR 20th July 2013 - Madeleine McCann: British detectives to arrive at scene 'within days' to follow up new leads

Post by suzyjohnson on 20.07.13 11:44

Lol, Poe, the conga along the beach, and the request for a boombox and Elvis cd's


That ranks with the seabass saga, lol

____________________


suzyjohnson

Posts : 1004
Reputation : 132
Join date : 2013-03-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DAILY MIRROR 20th July 2013 - Madeleine McCann: British detectives to arrive at scene 'within days' to follow up new leads

Post by PeterMac on 20.07.13 13:19

Why don't they find that childless couple with the new yacht, the ones who told all their friends they were gong to kidnap a child, and whose friends obviously told the papers, and ask them to hand Madeleine back.
SY and the McCanns and the fund have known about them for 2 years.
So why don't they do something ?
Or have I misunderstood ?

____________________


PeterMac
Researcher

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 143
Join date : 2010-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DAILY MIRROR 20th July 2013 - Madeleine McCann: British detectives to arrive at scene 'within days' to follow up new leads

Post by Casey5 on 20.07.13 13:40

Woburn_exile, what a patronising, incorrect statement you write about Mirror readers. The Mirror is about the only newspaper with a socialist slant and background - a Labour paper if you like (or don't like in some cases) and that's why I and millions of others read it and not because we are "chavs from sink estates" as you so elegantly put it.
And I believe Eddie of Eddie and Keela fame is dead so he wont be saying much at all will he?

Casey5

Posts : 321
Reputation : 18
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DAILY MIRROR 20th July 2013 - Madeleine McCann: British detectives to arrive at scene 'within days' to follow up new leads

Post by comperedna on 20.07.13 14:27

Glad you said that about the Mirror. It used to be a better popular campaigning paper though... in the days of Cassandra.

comperedna

Posts : 695
Reputation : 47
Join date : 2012-10-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DAILY MIRROR 20th July 2013 - Madeleine McCann: British detectives to arrive at scene 'within days' to follow up new leads

Post by plebgate on 20.07.13 14:40

@PeterMac wrote:Why don't they find that childless couple with the new yacht, the ones who told all their friends they were gong to kidnap a child, and whose friends obviously told the papers, and ask them to hand Madeleine back.
SY and the McCanns and the fund have known about them for 2 years.
So why don't they do something ?
Or have I misunderstood ?  



Exactly what I was thinking.

Old news, but we COULD hear something new in the next 2 years from these crummy newspapers.titter 

plebgate

Posts : 5441
Reputation : 1156
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DAILY MIRROR 20th July 2013 - Madeleine McCann: British detectives to arrive at scene 'within days' to follow up new leads

Post by Woburn_exile on 20.07.13 14:50

@Casey5 wrote:Woburn_exile, what a patronising, incorrect statement you write about Mirror readers. The Mirror is about the only newspaper with a socialist slant and background - a Labour paper if you like (or don't like in some cases) and that's why I and millions of others read it and not because we are "chavs from sink estates" as you so elegantly put it.
And I believe Eddie of Eddie and Keela fame is dead so he wont be saying much at all will he?

True , you're the exception.  I'll bet you believe the tripe that they put out there along with those great champions of the Liabour party Tony with his so and so wife Cherie Bliar and gerry mccanns old mate gordon broon. Both paragons of integrity just like the McCanns .
big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin Mr Mr Mr Mr Mr 

Woburn_exile

Posts : 239
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-05-30
Location : UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DAILY MIRROR 20th July 2013 - Madeleine McCann: British detectives to arrive at scene 'within days' to follow up new leads

Post by Guest on 20.07.13 15:46

@Woburn_exile wrote:
@Casey5 wrote:Woburn_exile, what a patronising, incorrect statement you write about Mirror readers. The Mirror is about the only newspaper with a socialist slant and background - a Labour paper if you like (or don't like in some cases) and that's why I and millions of others read it and not because we are "chavs from sink estates" as you so elegantly put it.
And I believe Eddie of Eddie and Keela fame is dead so he wont be saying much at all will he?

True , you're the exception.  I'll bet you believe the tripe that they put out there along with those great champions of the Liabour party Tony with his so and so wife Cherie Bliar and gerry mccanns old mate gordon broon. Both paragons of integrity just like the McCanns .
big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin Mr Mr Mr Mr Mr 

 Enough of that thank you.

You might like to read this Woburn_exile on how to use the quote button. 

http://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t7246-how-to-use-the-quote-button

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum