The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

VIDEOS WHOOSHED

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: VIDEOS WHOOSHED

Post by Lance De Boils on Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:36 am

I remember Gerry saying, in a press conference (the EU one?) that one of the group had researched/looked up on the internet about peadophilia the night before. I can't remember his exact words now, so I might be mixed up. I'd like to hear it again.
Anyone found that vid yet?

Lance De Boils

Posts : 805
Reputation : 14
Join date : 2011-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: VIDEOS WHOOSHED

Post by Newintown on Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:40 pm

@Lance De Boils wrote:I remember Gerry saying, in a press conference (the EU one?) that one of the group had researched/looked up on the internet about peadophilia the night before. I can't remember his exact words now, so I might be mixed up. I'd like to hear it again.
Anyone found that vid yet?

When you say "the night before" do you mean the night before Madeleine went "missing" or the night before the press conference?

It isn't quite clear which one you mean.

____________________
Laurie Levenson, Quoted in the Guardian ........

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"


Newintown

Posts : 1597
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2011-07-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: VIDEOS WHOOSHED

Post by Montclair on Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:20 pm

@Newintown wrote:
@Lance De Boils wrote:I remember Gerry saying, in a press conference (the EU one?) that one of the group had researched/looked up on the internet about peadophilia the night before. I can't remember his exact words now, so I might be mixed up. I'd like to hear it again.
Anyone found that vid yet?

When you say "the night before" do you mean the night before Madeleine went "missing" or the night before the press conference?

It isn't quite clear which one you mean.

It was the night before Madeleine disappeared. Otherwise, there would be no interest in mentioning it.

Montclair

Posts : 156
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2013-01-26
Age : 70
Location : Algarve

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: VIDEOS WHOOSHED

Post by tigger on Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:40 pm

@Montclair wrote:
@Newintown wrote:
@Lance De Boils wrote:I remember Gerry saying, in a press conference (the EU one?) that one of the group had researched/looked up on the internet about peadophilia the night before. I can't remember his exact words now, so I might be mixed up. I'd like to hear it again.
Anyone found that vid yet?

When you say "the night before" do you mean the night before Madeleine went "missing" or the night before the press conference?

It isn't quite clear which one you mean.

It was the night before Madeleine disappeared. Otherwise, there would be no interest in mentioning it.

I doubt that. I've never heard about that before. It's far more likely to have come up on the European tour or the Brussels visit to push Amber alert Europe. Besides, none of them had their laptops with them and I don't believe the OC provided internet at the time.

____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.

tigger

Posts : 8112
Reputation : 24
Join date : 2011-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: VIDEOS WHOOSHED

Post by Lance De Boils on Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:14 pm

It was something along those lines. But honestly, I can't remember clearly, so could well be completely wrong. He definitely mentioned it, but maybe he was referring to another time and not the night before the "incident". It was in response to a question and yes, prob to do with the Amber Alert. I remember discussing it on the old 3As, way back.

Until I find it, unless anyone can remember, my post should be taken with a large pinch of salt. smilie

Lance De Boils

Posts : 805
Reputation : 14
Join date : 2011-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: VIDEOS WHOOSHED

Post by tigger on Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:27 am

@Lance De Boils wrote:It was something along those lines. But honestly, I can't remember clearly, so could well be completely wrong. He definitely mentioned it, but maybe he was referring to another time and not the night before the "incident". It was in response to a question and yes, prob to do with the Amber Alert. I remember discussing it on the old 3As, way back.

Until I find it, unless anyone can remember, my post should be taken with a large pinch of salt. smilie

Hardly your fault if you'd be wrong - Gerry pushed the paedophile angle right from the start. If you want to hide a leaf, put it in a forest. But looking at paedo sites just the night before your daughter is 'taken' by according to you - a paedophile 'gang' would make the police a little suspicious.

____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.

tigger

Posts : 8112
Reputation : 24
Join date : 2011-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: VIDEOS WHOOSHED

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:10 am

I'm reminded of various cases - usually involving a murdered spouse - where a check of the other partner's computer came up with a treasure trove of information, such as various ways to kill someone and escape detection and the quickest route to the spot where the body was dumped!

No doubt, if any suspect sites were discovered in this case, Clarence would somehow have found an innocent explanation........

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: VIDEOS WHOOSHED

Post by Montclair on Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:49 pm

Gerry did mention that someone from the group had looked up paedophilia on the internet the day before Madeleine disappeared. Unfortunately, I can't remember where he said it or if it was in his blog but I do know that he did say it just after the disappearance.

Montclair

Posts : 156
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2013-01-26
Age : 70
Location : Algarve

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: VIDEOS WHOOSHED

Post by tigger on Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:03 pm

@Montclair wrote:Gerry did mention that someone from the group had looked up paedophilia on the internet the day before Madeleine disappeared. Unfortunately, I can't remember where he said it or if it was in his blog but I do know that he did say it just after the disappearance.

He didn't start the blog until some time after the abduction. I can't see how they accessed internet and looked this up on the 2nd May. Where exactly? No iPads yet, little or no WiFi - I'd be surprised if they could access the internet at all easily at the time. Even 3G internet wasn't current then I believe.
They're very insistent that they never left the 'compound'. Only one I can think of if they'd used Murat's computer.

____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.

tigger

Posts : 8112
Reputation : 24
Join date : 2011-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: VIDEOS WHOOSHED

Post by Montclair on Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:21 pm

@tigger wrote:
@Montclair wrote:Gerry did mention that someone from the group had looked up paedophilia on the internet the day before Madeleine disappeared. Unfortunately, I can't remember where he said it or if it was in his blog but I do know that he did say it just after the disappearance.

He didn't start the blog until some time after the abduction. I can't see how they accessed internet and looked this up on the 2nd May. Where exactly? No iPads yet, little or no WiFi - I'd be surprised if they could access the internet at all easily at the time. Even 3G internet wasn't current then I believe.
They're very insistent that they never left the 'compound'. Only one I can think of if they'd used Murat's computer.

All I know is what I know. Even if Gerry had started his blog some time after the disappearance, there is no reason for him not mentioning it in the blog.

Montclair

Posts : 156
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2013-01-26
Age : 70
Location : Algarve

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: VIDEOS WHOOSHED

Post by tigger on Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:44 pm

@Montclair wrote:
@tigger wrote:
@Montclair wrote:Gerry did mention that someone from the group had looked up paedophilia on the internet the day before Madeleine disappeared. Unfortunately, I can't remember where he said it or if it was in his blog but I do know that he did say it just after the disappearance.

He didn't start the blog until some time after the abduction. I can't see how they accessed internet and looked this up on the 2nd May. Where exactly? No iPads yet, little or no WiFi - I'd be surprised if they could access the internet at all easily at the time. Even 3G internet wasn't current then I believe.
They're very insistent that they never left the 'compound'. Only one I can think of if they'd used Murat's computer.

All I know is what I know. Even if Gerry had started his blog some time after the disappearance, there is no reason for him not mentioning it in the blog.

He started the blog proper on the 17th day after 3/5/. I read up to day 50. There's only so much boredom one can stand.

I gave my reasons for doubting it. If there is a reference somewhere I'll stand corrected. That's what a forum is for.


____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.

tigger

Posts : 8112
Reputation : 24
Join date : 2011-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: VIDEOS WHOOSHED

Post by Montclair on Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:11 am

@tigger wrote:
@Montclair wrote:
@tigger wrote:
@Montclair wrote:Gerry did mention that someone from the group had looked up paedophilia on the internet the day before Madeleine disappeared. Unfortunately, I can't remember where he said it or if it was in his blog but I do know that he did say it just after the disappearance.

He didn't start the blog until some time after the abduction. I can't see how they accessed internet and looked this up on the 2nd May. Where exactly? No iPads yet, little or no WiFi - I'd be surprised if they could access the internet at all easily at the time. Even 3G internet wasn't current then I believe.
They're very insistent that they never left the 'compound'. Only one I can think of if they'd used Murat's computer.

All I know is what I know. Even if Gerry had started his blog some time after the disappearance, there is no reason for him not mentioning it in the blog.

He started the blog proper on the 17th day after 3/5/. I read up to day 50. There's only so much boredom one can stand.

I gave my reasons for doubting it. If there is a reference somewhere I'll stand corrected. That's what a forum is for.


I would just like to point out that I don't know if he mentioned about the internet search in his blog or not. All I know is that Gerry did say something about the coincidence of one of his friends doing a search about paedophilia abduction the night before. It could have been in an interview or he told the police, I can't remember. If I have time I will try to find out where he said it.

Montclair

Posts : 156
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2013-01-26
Age : 70
Location : Algarve

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: VIDEOS WHOOSHED

Post by Lance De Boils on Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:30 am

It was definitely in a press conference/interview. He was asked a question, something like, "Were you previously aware of the scale of the problem?" [child abductions/trafficking or something] and his response was that funnily enough one of their friends had been looking it up the previous night. The bit I'm not sure about, is which previous night he was talking about. I just wish I could remember his exact words.

Does anyone know where I can find the whole video of the conference they did in the European Parliament? I can't find it anywhere, only brief snippets. It might have been then that he mentioned it. It was definitely an occasion when they were sitting at a long table in front of many members of the press. (As opposed to just the 2 of them and a single interviewer.)

Lance De Boils

Posts : 805
Reputation : 14
Join date : 2011-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: VIDEOS WHOOSHED

Post by aquila on Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:33 am

I took a look at the woefully bedgraggled 47k public paid for website findmadeleine.com a couple of days ago. The
'please watch and share our video' on the home page nestled in between the age progression photo and a photo of Gerry waving with a small mention of 'thanks for supporting me in this triathlon and Missing People' is not working when I click on it.

The video is still available on YouTube but doesn't seem to be working on findmadeleine.com. 

There has been no update since 2nd May 2013 but fear not the donate buttons and the shop are still going.

What's happened to the video on findmadeleine.com? doesn't anyone monitor the website to make sure that the most important thing which is information gathering about Madeleine is working?

I'm posting the link for findmadeleine.com to ask members of the forum whether they can see the video by clicking on it (it's on the homepage) and if it is a problem with my computer link I apologise. I'm also posting the video that is still available on YouTube.

http://www.findmadeleine.com/home.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJptw2f50-0&list=PLkkllwkdcoruar_xNXaa0cfIVlVhjr-iK

aquila

Posts : 7953
Reputation : 1174
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: VIDEOS WHOOSHED

Post by Guest on Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:12 pm

It works for me [on iMac] when I click for "full screen".

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: VIDEOS WHOOSHED

Post by Monty Heck on Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:24 pm

@tigger wrote:
@Montclair wrote:Gerry did mention that someone from the group had looked up paedophilia on the internet the day before Madeleine disappeared. Unfortunately, I can't remember where he said it or if it was in his blog but I do know that he did say it just after the disappearance.
He didn't start the blog until some time after the abduction. I can't see how they accessed internet and looked this up on the 2nd May. Where exactly? No iPads yet, little or no WiFi - I'd be surprised if they could access the internet at all easily at the time. Even 3G internet wasn't current then I believe.
They're very insistent that they never left the 'compound'. Only one I can think of if they'd used Murat's computer.
Not having been inside the OC complex I can only speculate, but I do know for a fact that in summer 2007 at least 1 hotel in PDL offered a free internet facility on a PC in the lobby area. Also, around that time, hotels that I know in Spain offered a similar internet service on a pay per hour basis so it's not inconceivable that OC at that time provided a similar facility.  What is barely credible is someone looking up such material online the previous night - what would be the chances?

Monty Heck

Posts : 470
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2012-09-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum