The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Gerry's Virgin Active London Triathlon 2013

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Gerry's Virgin Active London Triathlon 2013

Post by susible on 20.07.13 19:18

I agree aquila, I think the general public are sick to the back teeth of the McCanns, hogging the limelight at every opportunity, and although the vast majority have very little idea of what is in the police files, it seems that more people are prepared to speak their minds about the neglect. Whilst many of them still believe in the abduction, they are very clear that if the McCanns had not been so negligent, then no harm could have come to their daughter and it is now the majority who hold that opinion, with the "haven't they suffered enough" and "are you a perfect parent" crew, most notably in the minority in public comment boards.

susible

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by celtclogs on 20.07.13 22:02

@tigger wrote:spit coffee 
Poe wrote:Back on topic.

Gerry must have pulled out the big guns and called in favours to get as much money donated as possible. Colleagues have rushed to support him as have celebrities and mps.

It was only a matter of days ago that he had only managed to raise £350 but now the money has come flooding in and he has raised...

*drumroll*

£351  clapping

spit coffee

His mate Branson will have to step in!

rotfl rotfl laugh 

celtclogs

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell on 20.07.13 22:31

I look at the just giving website via the OFM.  The likes on the facebook page are ridiculously out of proportion to the number of sponsors.  Maybe people are just fed up of being asked to put their hands in their pockets for the mccanns.

Cristobell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

“That’s a joke, I say that’s a joke son”

Post by The Rooster on 21.07.13 9:59

Gerry your self created media profile will cost you big time especially when the truth is revealed. Your new pals in the nick are waiting to meet you, a nightmare in the making. Then you will know the meaning of you will reap what you sow. You smug arrogant twit. Triathlon thief.

The Rooster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 21.07.13 11:21

Mrs. was quoted at one time as saying she would like her friends to publicly back them. If I were her I would ask myself why they wont and whether they are true friends who believe everything they have been told.

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 21.07.13 17:55

What concerns me is whether GM will have the same enthusiasm for a triathlon if only 400 quid is collected as he would have if he could boast of thousands and make an announcement of gratitude for support.

£400 (I've rounded up the figure) is not a bad amount for anyone to collect for a charity unless your ego tells you your notoriety deserves more money for your efforts.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jd on 21.07.13 18:04

Just an observation baring in mind the Bransons keen interest in the mccanns.....This is the original Virgin Records logo (a very odd logo for a record company imo but has a meaning of some sort obviously)

Just interesting that in the middle is a heart, gerry mccann was a heart surgeon.....The legs make a letter "M"....And the twins

Madeleine, Magdalena/Virgin Mary

jd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 21.07.13 19:34

Our local village school with fewer than 200 pupils raised about £400 by putting teachers in a set of stocks and selling wet sponges 3 for £1.

It started gently enough with kids throwing at teachers and mostly missing. The kids decided that the teachers weren't being punished enough so various dads were conscripted with orders to, "Get him on the nose". The other teachers didn't want to miss the fun so they started buying sponges. Then various dads ended up in the stocks.

There were a lot of wet adults and a fair few scores settled that day laughat 

Maybe Gerry would raise more if he set himself up in stocks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 21.07.13 19:49

I love this kind of stories, Poe.
An old form of innocent amusement, which also sets the scores right ...  big grin 
But, no, I don't think a character like GPM would end up in the stocks [voluntarily].

Back to top Go down

Post by jay2001 on 21.07.13 20:34

£371 donated and 560 likes ~ bit low for a world famous 'personality'.  Kate got much more, even a donation from Isabel one of CRuck's lawyers.  Expect big promo this week.  I don't know what Missing People do with their donations, because someplenty of the money received goes on  expenses/salaries.  About time some of these charities/Funds were investigated.

jay2001

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by annysmithgold on 21.07.13 22:27

@The Rooster wrote:Gerry your self created media profile will cost you big time especially when the truth is revealed. Your new pals in the nick are waiting to meet you, a nightmare in the making. Then you will know the meaning of you will reap what you sow. You smug arrogant twit. Triathlon thief.

Lol I agree with this sentiment, please keep on roosting

annysmithgold

Location : chilling in the sun, by the pool, in a lovely place

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 21.07.13 22:49

@jay2001 wrote:Kate got much more, even a donation from Isabel one of CRuck's lawyers.
That may have been a return of fees for Carter-Rucking up the whole evidence thing when she was cross examined about the "abduction" ! ! !

Imaginary scene - obviously

Have you any evidence of an abduction ?
NO.  It is just what my client - one of the two principle suspects - has told me.
Have you ever read the book, which the author says you helped write
NO
Are you interested in this case, in the sense of genuinely interested in what happened to Madeleine - other than the fee - Obviously ?
NO not really

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 24.07.13 9:00

Live news stream

6 minutes ago Missing Madeleine: six years on
Gerry McCann to take part in charity triathlon
Gerry McCann takes part in the Miles for Missing People run, in Regent's Park, central London in 2012. Credit: PA Wire
The father of Madeleine McCann will take part in a triathlon this weekend in aid of a charity which supports family and friends of missing people.
Gerry McCann, whose three-year-old daughter Madeleine went missing six years ago in Portugal, will take part in the Virgin Active London Olympic Distance Triathlon on Sunday to raise funds for the charity Missing People.
The triathlon will see him complete a 1.5k swim, 40km cycle and finish with a 10km run.
It comes after his wife Kate raised almost £22,000 when she completed the London Marathon in April in aid of the charity.
Madeleine went missing from the family's holiday apartment in Praia da Luz in Portugal's Algarve on May 3 2007, shortly before her fourth birthday

http://www.itv.com/news/central/

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll on 24.07.13 9:05

Just posted in 2 other threads that he was live on Daybreak this morning.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by margaret on 24.07.13 13:19

Poe wrote:
Maybe Gerry would raise more if he set himself up in stocks.

He never would but he's missing a trick, such a high profile person in the stocks would raise thousands.

margaret

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Daybreak: Madeleine McCann search intensifies

Post by sallypelt on 24.07.13 13:48

Today's 'Daybreak' featured an exclusive interview with a man who has become used to being part of news programmes over the last six years, since his daughter disappeared in Praia da Luz in 2007. Gerry McCann was on the 'Daybreak' sofa to discuss new attempts by police to search for his daughter Madeleine, who has not been seen by either him or his wife since holidaying in Portugal some six years ago.
According to McCann, British police have approached the Portugese authorities to request permission to involve themselves in the search for the disappearing child, who would now be nine years-old if found. The Crown Prosecution Service has apparently written to Portuguese judges asking for permission for a team of individuals affiliated with the service to gather evidence, under the auspices of local Portugese police.
While one doesn't wish to trivialise this issue, and of course the family wish for some form of closure on the matter, the chances of finding Madeleine alive today and living in Portgual must be incredibly remote. It's very hard to believe that any would be kidnappers would still be living in Portgual at this time, and it has to be said, morbid that it is, that the best case scenario for this search would probably be finding a dead body. Nonetheless, the efforts of the McCanns to locate their daughter go on, and the assistance of the British authorities will no doubt be of some value to them in this endeavour.
Elsewhere, 'Daybreak' also discussed the remarkable case of Shrien Dewani, a 33 year-old man who has been accused of plotting the death of his wife while they were honeymooning in South Africa. Dewani has been confined to a local psychiatric hospital in his home city of Bristol, but medical experts have now ruled that he is healthy enough to return to South Africa on extradition to face charges that he hired a local taxi driver and two others to carjack the couple and kill his wife.
It's very hard to know the rights and wrongs of this issue, but no-one can doubt that Dewani has suffered, considering he had to cope with severe depression and post-traumatic stress disorder after the murder of his wife, and was widely considered a suicide risk. Of course, this won't count for much if most people's eyes if he is found guilty of conspiring to have his wife murdered, but it is a cloudy and complex case indeed, especially in a country in which so many car jackings take place.
http://uk.tv.yahoo.com/daybreak-madeleine-mccann-search-intensifies-085600928.html

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry on 24.07.13 22:14

Transcript of Gerry on Daybreak

Kate Garraway - Now earlier this month Scotland Yard announced that after six years there were to launch a new investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine Mccann.

(clip of Redwood) Redwood - over the last two years the review has told me that there is no clear definitive proof that Madeleine Mccann is dead, and so on that basis I still genuinely believe that there is a possibility that she is alive.

Aled Jones - Madeleine's father Gerry joins us now - good morning to you, great to see you, how important is this new development for you as a family.

Gerry - It's a big step forward, I think the most important thing is for the first time the authorities are actively investigating and we have been delighted with the work the Met have been doing over the last couple of years and many things that we have campaigned for to get the review in the first place have come to fruition, we knew there were lots and lots of leads that need following up so it is very important to us naturally.

A J- Now we have heard from the Det Chief Inspector saying there that there is a chance that Madeleine could be alive and you have had your hopes raised and dashed so many times over the last six years is it different this time.

Gerry - Aled not a day goes by when we obviously don't think about Madeleine and just what Andy Redwood said there I think every single parent would agree with that that you are not going to accept your child's dead unless there is absolute conclusive proof of that so we have always lived in the hope that we could find Madeleine and given the number of cases of children who have been taken and found many years later there is real hope and unfortunately for us I think the biggest problem is going to be we won't know what has happened to Madeline until we find who is responsible.

KG - That temptation must be I would have thought to be on the phone all the time to Scotland Yard, to say what have you found, what are you doing, it must be very hard to step back.

Gerry - I mean we have very much kept an even keel throughout it, it has been a bit of a roller coaster ride, I think we have conditioned ourselves to staying pretty much on the level, there are ups and downs as you say, but we know they are doing excellent work, incredibly thorough review, real expert teams so we are very much putting the investigation in their hands and letting them get on with it and it has taken tremendous amount of pressure off us as a family, to have that support now and to know that people are now actively looking

AJ - and the support of the general public as well

Gerry - We have had that all the way through and you know we wouldn't be here now if we hadn't had that support and it is so important and is part of why I am doing the triathlon on Sunday for Missing People to help support other families

KG - and Kate of course did the marathon didn't she and raised a lot of money

Gerry - Yeah she did £21,000, I think she'll put me in the shade there and Kate's training and how dedicated she is has inspired me actually

Kate - did she train harder than you

Gerry - she certainly trained harder I can't quite keep up with her anymore

A - You've got three disciplines of course, you've go the 1.5 kilometres swim, 40 kilometres cycle ride and just at the end a 10 k run as well

Gerry - I've always done a little bit of running and cycling over the last few years but I don't swim very much and I've had to train really quite hard cos the prospect of swimming nearly a mile in the Thames is quite daunting actually

Kate - and it must be rewarding to do something so physically practical as well

Gerry - yeah I mean I have trained hard and fitting it in around work obviously, training sometimes early in the morning and after work and doing double sessions and some friends actually got me a triathlon magazine so I've been reading all these training things but I think the swimming I've had to train really hard for and I've gone from doing next to nothing to quite a lot now and putting up with doing three disciplines has been hard, but injury wise it means I have managed to struggle through

Kate - oh well best of luck

Aled - and it's for Missing people which is great, all the best to you, especially with the swim, once you've done that you'll be fine

Cherry

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown on 24.07.13 22:34

Donations have now gone up to £730.60 from 42 people, although one of them wasn't happy but still donated £2.00:

"I do not beleve you are an appropriate person to be associated with a missing childer's charity, being responsible for a missing child yourself" (copied and pasted from message).

Seeing as G McCann said on that well worn sofa (with the imprints of his and Kate's backsides) that "he'd had the support of the public all the way through"; I wouldn't say that 42 people out of the whole population of the UK and the rest of the World is very encouraging.

The last person to donate said that she'd just finished reading Kate's book and it was "heartbreaking", it's a pity she doesn't compare it to the PJ files to see all of the discrepancies.

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"

Newintown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 25.07.13 0:42

Hmmm. No mention of the words 'abducted or abduction' from McCann.

"and unfortunately for us I think the biggest problem is going to be we won't know what has happened to Madeline until we find who is responsible."

"we won't KNOW what has happened to Madeleine"......?

You and you mrs have been telling the whole world Madeleine was 'abducted'

Now you say you don't know what happened?

Copying Kate again?
1st May 2013
ADAM BOULTON: "your feeling is what on what you know on, as to her disappearance, what happened do you think?"
KATE MCCANN: (verbatim) "well we still don't know, all we know she was y'know she was taken from us, erm"

All of a sudden the McCanns are both saying THEY "DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED" TO MADELEINE.

WHY?

And BOTH have now only started saying it  SINCE/AFTER SY have opened an 'investigation' rather than 'review'

WHY?
Maybe it's because SY have absolutely found NO evidence of an 'abduction' the McCanns are going to say from now on 'well if there is no evidence that she was 'abducted' we don't know what happened'

It's just very odd that they are both NOW saying they don't know what happened! (to Madeleine)

Anyway,
Kate Garraway (daybreak) - "and it must be rewarding to do something so physically practical as well"

Not as rewarding as not physically 'searching' for Madeleine the night she 'disappeared' and which NOBODY now seems to know what happened!

ETA: ON Missing People website
https://www.missingpeople.org.uk/missing-people/latest-news/gerry-mccann-will-be-completing-the-virgin-triathlon-for-us
Gerry McCann, whose daughter Madeleine was abducted in Portugal in 2007, is to take part in the Virgin Active London Olympic Distance Triathlon on Sunday 28 July to raise vital funds for the charity Missing People.

"whose daughter Madeleine was abducted"

Do Missing People have irrefutable PROOF of that.?
If they DO shouldn't they have given their 'evidence' to the PJ and SY?

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry on 26.07.13 17:13

Missing People cannot state as Fact that Madeleine was abducted, even the Police and media have dropped the word abducted.

Missing People can only state that as fact if they were there or if someone who was there told them what had happened so I would suggest

that SY need to go knocking on their door and take a statement as to what Missing People know about exactly how they know Madeleine was abducted.

Cherry

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 26.07.13 19:14

Sadly they must have taken the McCanns' word for that as did poor old Isabel Martorell in court last February. I actually felt sorry for her; she must have wished she'd chosen another career!

Gerry's total is now above £7,000.00 as there's been a rush today, including £5,000.00 from Hugh Grant.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 26.07.13 19:53

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote: [...]
Gerry's total is now above £7,000.00 as there's been a rush today, including £5,000.00 from Hugh Grant.
No ....?!

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 26.07.13 20:16

Hugh Grant, that pillar of the community, with impeccable personal moral compass, with an unblemished private life, that . . . .
Wasn't he the one who wanted the press NOT to be able to report that he had been caught in flagrante delicto . . ?
Remind me, someone

A worthy supporter for the McCanns.
Does it tell us all we need to know ?

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BerylJ on 26.07.13 20:50

Yes. Desperate measures called for at desperate times. Whipping up support.

BerylJ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 26.07.13 20:55

welcome  BerylJ

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum