The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Gerry's Virgin Active London Triathlon 2013

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Gerry's Virgin Active London Triathlon 2013

Post by celtclogs on 17.07.13 13:16

@PeterMac wrote:Why not set yourself a challenge of FINDING YOUR DAUGHTER
 Spot on Peter clapping1 well said

celtclogs

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 17.07.13 13:19

@Lostfridge wrote:Is target amount has now risen from £1000 to £4000 ! with still just £350 in donations

Well, HUGE Grant hasn't donated yet!!!

That's will be at least £5000 won't it?

That's what HUGE Grant gave 'our' Kate for her efforts to curb the press, er, um, i mean for her charity run!

Donation by Hugh Grant on 16/03/13

£5,000.00

+ £1,250.00 Gift Aid

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobs on 17.07.13 14:42

@PeterMac wrote:There is a fascinating and rather unpleasant racial and racist undertone in all those pleas for help by Charities,
There is an implicit belief that the white man can show the black man how to get water out of the ground, where the black man, who has been there for a million years is too stupid to work it out for himself.
Teach a man to fish means white man teaches a black man to fish.  Why wouldn't he have worked it out for himself ?
A little time ago there was a "Sponsor a goat" campaign by one of the big Charities.  The short film showed a single acacia tree, with children pulling bits off at the bottom and goats chewing it up standing on the branches.  For miles around there was nothing. The goats had destroyed everything, and were busy destroying the last remaining tree.
I was part of the many hundreds who wrote to point this out, and the advert was pulled quite quickly.
Why do the Water Charities always show children drinking the raw sewage ?  What do the adults drink ?
Why are the children shown starving, when the adults, invariably women, (where are the men ?) are shown in perfect health with beautiful skin and good teeth. What are they eating ?
(And why are they still having children they cannot feed - but that is another problem)
And then when we are shown the new "White man's Pump" are we then shown the reckless waste of water as they splash it around.
We know that in parts of of India the boring of deep wells for villages has led to an environmental disaster, as the water table has dropped below the level at which the crops can use it, and saline is creeping in from a long way away.   But the Charities never tell you this.  They have moved on to ravage the next area.

It is almost as if there is a racially defined genocide conspiracy in which the Charities are taking a willing part.
Add that to the conspiracy theory about AIDS in Africa being caused by the polio inoculations, and the one about . . .
There's a thought !

Have you noticed that for every charity tv appeal for water, feeding starving children, adopt a child etc they always use white people , usually  a white mom to make the appeal and say how happy they are to be able to help a poor black child become worthwhile.

Why don't they use black folk in these ads, or asians or muslims?

Is it because they aren't considered good enough to donate, is it because they don't care about others of their color or religion or nationality?

Is it only whites who can do good?

Look at me helping the po'folk who can't help themselves.

How patronising.

The oxfam ads really annoy me, the woman blathering on about how she was chosen and squealing down the phone, yeah right.

The water ads bug me since they are tapping into the water table to get fresh drinking water, all well and good until the water level plummets and doesn't get refilled due to drought, what happens then when there is no water?
Also i never understand the ads where they show kids walking miles to get water from the local river etc and then walking miles back with full containers.
Is it just me  or what?
Why not relocate closer to the river and save the long walk?

Common sense says build close to your water supply not build a village 5 miles away and walk.

The only charity i will support is the RNLI, they rescued my dad many times over the years with his many boats.

Hobs

View user profile http://tania-cadogan.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 17.07.13 16:12

@tigger wrote:
As for the hymns - I think the African (possibly Kenyan?) rendering of the Mass - the Missa Luba is stunning. Beats hymns any day. Especially the Sanctus.
Here is a short  video . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIxEPYkXkU8
Agreed.  Especially as the sound track for the film "IF". It was an iconic piece for a time

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 17.07.13 16:31

@Hobs wrote:SNIPPED
How patronising.
The water ads bug me since they are tapping into the water table to get fresh drinking water, all well and good until the water level plummets and doesn't get refilled due to drought, what happens then when there is no water?
Also i never understand the ads where they show kids walking miles to get water from the local river etc and then walking miles back with full containers.
Is it just me  or what?
Why not relocate closer to the river and save the long walk?
Common sense says build close to your water supply not build a village 5 miles away and walk.
And they always show a tiny female child being forced to carry this water the tens of miles. Never a fit teenage boy, or a father. And as for inventing the wheel and making a little trolley . . .
Or inventing a pipe or a conduit (think bamboo)

It is immensely patronising, and may be designed to teach us that the white man is intellectually superior.
This is not such a radical, nor yet racist idea, since it is know that the absence of vitamins at certain stage of development of the embryo and foetus can have a damaging effect on brain development. And then malnutrition in the very young will have the same effect. If you live on nothing but maize flour (mealie meal) and sewage for generations you may then find you have a population which on any test is not as bright as it should be. Like other cultures where marrying a first cousin or an uncle is deemed normal. Do that for 50 generations, and you are asking for trouble, both physically and intellectually

But other cultures have managed perfectly well. Under the Sahara are immensely long qanats, which still provide the oases with water, and this technology is known right across to China.
I have no answers, - or at least none which would be acceptable to Charities.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 18.07.13 8:28

I have started another thread, using the last few posts on this one, to discuss the issues raised by the paternalistic approach of Charities.
It is in Members lounge. Not sure if that is the right place, but faux de meiux

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance De Boils on 18.07.13 9:28

@aquila wrote:
A certain rock star went onto a stage in Glasgow to perform at a rock concert and to promote his philanthropic message.

He began with dramatic effect....silence....he clapped his hands...and said...

'everytime I clap my hands a child in Africa dies'

A Glaswegian in the audience shouted 'stop clapping your hands then you tw*t'

laugh

I'd never heard that before. What a brilliant heckle!

Lance De Boils

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 18.07.13 15:01

@Lance De Boils wrote:
@aquila wrote:
A certain rock star went onto a stage in Glasgow to perform at a rock concert and to promote his philanthropic message.

laugh

I'd never heard that before. What a brilliant heckle!

I suppose when you've paid a huge chunk of a normal wage for a ticket to hear a rock group sing - you want them to sing  and not glory in their own philanthropy.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 19.07.13 9:50

@aquila wrote:
@PeterMac wrote:
@aquila wrote:Very interesting article on Bono.
The martyrdom of St. Bono
http://www.iol.co.za/tonight/music/the-martyrdom-of-st-bono-1.1517828

"Browne maintains that “more than even his music, Bono's international work may be his most heinous crime”. He goes on: “Celebrity philanthropy comes in many guises, but no single figure better encapsulates its delusions, pretensions and wrong-headedness than Bono - a fact neither sunglasses nor leather pants can hide.”

Brilliant !

It just about summed it up for me PeterMac.

I've posted this before but I'm giving it another airing.

I did have a good laugh at that. ha ha.

pausing for dramatic effect, I can just imagine it. So up themselves it is unbelievable. titter 

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 19.07.13 12:13

Back on topic.

Gerry must have pulled out the big guns and called in favours to get as much money donated as possible. Colleagues have rushed to support him as have celebrities and mps.

It was only a matter of days ago that he had only managed to raise £350 but now the money has come flooding in and he has raised...

*drumroll*

£351  clapping

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 19.07.13 12:35

spit coffee 
Poe wrote:Back on topic.

Gerry must have pulled out the big guns and called in favours to get as much money donated as possible. Colleagues have rushed to support him as have celebrities and mps.

It was only a matter of days ago that he had only managed to raise £350 but now the money has come flooding in and he has raised...

*drumroll*

£351  clapping

spit coffee

His mate Branson will have to step in!

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 19.07.13 12:46

Well HE has already 'abducted' Kates page!
Perhaps he had better start 'abducting' HER sponsors as well.
He can then pretend  that they all like him too!

WHERE is the HUGE GRANT when you need him, er, umm, i mean, it?

£5.000 for Gerry there, at least, from his new BFF, i would have thought.

"His BILLIONAIRE mate Branson will have to step in!"

His BILLIONAIRE mate Branson hasn't 'stepped in' since his minions at Virgin have READ the files and gone through them with a fine toothed comb, unlike Carter F**K who just spouted drivel because their 'clients' the McCanns told them to!

What you have to remember is that all these Zlebs jumped on the bandwagon BEFORE the files were released!
Perhaps the McCanns thought their Zleb 'friends' wouldn't or couldn't possibly read!
NOT good headlines if McCanns are implicated in a possible child death.

"Branson supports child ki**ers"

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 19.07.13 13:03

What do you think he'll do if he doesn't match/beat the amount Kate raised?

Will he be magnanimous & congratulate Kate on her superior find-raising skills?

Or will he open his wallet & make up the difference himself?

Get your finger out Gerry, you've got just over a month and a week.

ppcorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 19.07.13 13:09

I've been having a chuckle over the comments from the supporters. "You're an inspiration Gerry". Ye gods, what sort of lowlife would that person describe as not being an inspiration.

There's still time for the nice but dim regulars (other than Pam Gurney who's already donated) to contribute.

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 19.07.13 13:38

Poe wrote:What do you think he'll do if he doesn't match/beat the amount Kate raised?

ppcorn

Actually it's just 8/9 days to go.
But an honest mistake.

Just like Gerry's 'honest' mistake when he said Greenhill Taverners 'race night' had only raised £2000 for his 'fund' when, in fact, the Taverners KNEW it was actually..... £5000!
Hence McCanns rapid 'correction' the next day!

http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/screenshots/556-09-11-08.JPG
http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/screenshots/557-10-11-08.JPG

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 19.07.13 14:22

@jeanmonroe wrote:Just like Gerry's 'honest' mistake when he said Greenhill Taverners 'race night' had only raised £2000 for his 'fund' when, in fact, the Taverners KNEW it was actually..... £5000!

Exactly.   "corrected on legal advice when they realised that the Taverners KNEW, they knew ( in italics, so it must be true) that it was way in excess of 2,000.
I wonder how much it actually was.  I don't think we have ever been told, and I am confident that it never appeared in the accounts as a detailed item.
False accounting ?  or Negligent accounting ?
(I charged people on less, and got convictions.)

FOLLOW THE MONEY.   ALWAYS

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 19.07.13 14:26

@jeanmonroe wrote:
Poe wrote:What do you think he'll do if he doesn't match/beat the amount Kate raised?

ppcorn

But an honest mistake.

Just like Gerry's 'honest' mistake when he said Greenhill Taverners 'race night' had only raised £2000 for his 'fund' when, in fact, the Taverners KNEW it was actually..... £5000!

ooops 

My stunning grasp of years and dates strikes again!

Merry Christmas everybody  rotfl

Back to top Go down

Post by jay2001 on 19.07.13 14:37

Since I first looked at the amount donated the 'likes' button has increased by about 10, so now there are more likes than £'s!  Wait for next week to see who'll donate ~ tapas mates, celebs, family, maybe.

There will either be a Huge (Grunt) push or the real truth will be that either people don't think that much of Mr Mc or the charity.  There are a few genuine charities which do really good work, but too many just line their own pockets, pay huge salaries and expenses to employees.  Many of these have hardly anything left to pay to the cause they supposedly raise money for.  Missing people is big business ~ look how many times Ernie Allen has been in trouble in the US.

Strange also that he was one of the first people TM sought help from ~ all IMO.

jay2001

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 19.07.13 15:08

@PeterMac wrote:
@jeanmonroe wrote:Just like Gerry's 'honest' mistake when he said Greenhill Taverners 'race night' had only raised £2000 for his 'fund' when, in fact, the Taverners KNEW it was actually..... £5000!

Exactly.   "corrected on legal advice when they realised that the Taverners KNEW, they knew ( in italics, so it must be true) that it was way in excess of 2,000.
I wonder how much it actually was.  I don't think we have ever been told, and I am confident that it never appeared in the accounts as a detailed item.
False accounting ?  or Negligent accounting ?
(I charged people on less, and got convictions.)

FOLLOW THE MONEY.   ALWAYS

Yes.
And how much TAX was EVADED, from cash money donated for the sole purpose of paying to search for Madeleine, by the 'fund' when their spokesman C Mitchell told people to stuff money in envelopes and just send it to Gerry and Kate, Rothley.
"it will get there"
How much did they get from the envelopes?
All money that was subject to tax.

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell on 19.07.13 15:27

@jeanmonroe wrote:

ppcorn

But an honest mistake.

OMG that is so unbelievably sleazy!  I wonder what the Taverners thought?  They should really have been peeved, it takes a lot of generosity and effort to raise that amount and probably knew what they raised down to the penny.  I do hope Scotland Yard are not overlooking these hmm, indiscretions!

Cristobell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

sedation

Post by marconi on 19.07.13 17:10

could maddie have died of sedation?

the McCanns are doctors, how could they have made such a mistake?
Besides it seems she was used to be sedated.

could it have been that she died of something else, while she was sedated? 
Not falling down the stairs or behind the sofa, if she was sedated.
She would not have been able to walk around.

could she have died before Gerry went to the tennis court? 

If she was exhausted at 5.pm, did her parents still took her to have a meal, somewhere?
Or did they take her home?

marconi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 20.07.13 9:07

To get back on topic:  Virgin owns a number of health/sports clubs and guess what is highly recommended in the Charity drive?

Training sessions specifically aimed at the Charity Triathlon. Neat way of free advertising - the good people of Britain giving the money and Virgin profiting from the extra customers and advertising.

http://www.virginactive.co.uk/active-matters/blog/Core-and-Stability-Triathlon-Training

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jay2001 on 20.07.13 17:52

Another £20 donated anonymously.  And a few more likes!  Waiting for the big push next week or maybe a sofa session with Lol-lorraine.

jay2001

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by susible on 20.07.13 18:31

His BILLIONAIRE mate Branson hasn't 'stepped in' since his minions at Virgin have READ the files and gone through them with a fine toothed comb, unlike Carter F**K who just spouted drivel because their 'clients' the McCanns told them to!

What you have to remember is that all these Zlebs jumped on the bandwagon BEFORE the files were released!
Perhaps the McCanns thought their Zleb 'friends' wouldn't or couldn't possibly read!
NOT good headlines if McCanns are implicated in a possible child death.

"Branson supports child ki**ers"

I think this is very true, at first everyone jumped on the bandwagon, and believed everything the Mc's said. However, as time has gone on, not one of these celebs have been at all associated with the McCanns.

Even Brian Kennedy seems to have gone quiet, the man who was prepared to keep paying until Madeleine was found...Whilst he did carry on after the files were released, I think he realised that he was flogging a dead horse, and once SY stepped in with the initial review, he made himself scarce. Mr Kennedy does not exactly have the best of reputations anyway and I can't imagine that he would want to be seen to be complicit if the sh*t does hit the fan..

susible

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 20.07.13 18:48

The McCanns continue to ask people for money. Not just for the Fund (the selling holiday packs on Lorraine's sofa not so long ago) but to ask for money for the charity Missing People.

The McCanns have a Fund which is sitting on publicly donated cash which is not being used in actively searching for Madeleine since SY began an unprecedented review.

The McCanns have cost (according to the Press) the UK taxpayers circa £5m to date.

The McCanns have sued the Press and individuals.

Methinks it's no wonder there isn't much enthusiasm for donating to Gerry's personal challenge to raise more funds.

Just my opinion of course.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum