The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Gerry's Virgin Active London Triathlon 2013

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Gerry's Virgin Active London Triathlon 2013

Post by sharonl on 28.07.13 17:01


Madeline McCann’s dad in gruelling race for charity

http://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/Article.aspx/3333196

Gerry McCann raises money for Missing People charity

Published: 28/07/2013


Gerry McCann, the father of the missing schoolgirl Madeleine McCann, has completed a gruelling race to raise money for charity.

The doctor, whose daughter was almost four when she disappeared in Portugal in May 2007, described the Virgin Active London Triathlon as “incredibly hard”, but said he drew strength from supporting Missing People.

Madeleine went missing from her family’s holiday flat in the Algarve resort of Praia da Luz, as her parents dined out with friends at a nearby restaurant.

Mr McCann, of Rothley, Leicestershire, finished the course of swimming, cycling and running in under two-and-a-half hours.

He said: “It was incredibly hard, especially the bike. But taking part in the triathlon was an amazing and emotional experience.

“What kept me going is the thought of being able to help the charity Missing People support other families living with the very different pain of having a missing loved one.

“A huge huge thank you to everyone who sponsored me. Every step I took, every push on the pedal and every stroke I swam I did to help families of missing people.”

Mr McCann wore a white swimming cap and a wetsuit for the 1,500m swim in London’s Royal Victoria Dock, before cycling and running in a black and green costume.

ends

____________________
"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER" - Rebekah Brooks to David Cameron

sharonl


Posts : 3566
Reputation : 419
Join date : 2009-12-29

View user profile http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Gerry's Virgin Active London Triathlon 2013

Post by PeterMac on 28.07.13 17:09

Comments, before they are whooshed
When they get divorced as is so often the case with these stories (James Bulger etc.) Will either of them speak out to gain custody of the remaining two Children?
Reply

Gettting short of cash again are they???!!!!!!
Reply

"Every step I took, every push on the pedal and every stroke I swam I did to help families of missing people." Gerry you were a very wealthy man before you abandoned your daughter abroad and wouldn't pay for the hotel`s child minding service. You have amassed a fortune since then through the fund... More
Reply

Not the McCanns again!! Get off the fkin news!
Reply

Missing people??? People are only missing when you don't know where they are.
Reply

now tell us what you did that night then...........silence??? thought so
Reply

Chavs
1 Reply

The Virgin Active Triathon sounds fun; not sure I could manage three myself.
Reply

If only they had put as much effort in to looking after her in the first place instead of going on a jolly with their friends, they still have not been charged with neglect is it because they are both doctors
1 Reply

I have no idea if they are guilty or not. Guilty of child neglect definitely! But neither of them see particularly likeable or at least in interviews i have seen with them on tv. They do not come across in a good way.
2 Replies

Try the Pharmacy in the hospital where they worked in 2007. There may be a pharmacist who remembers him/her prescribing before going on holiday and wondered why they wanted sedatives.
3 Replies

he is a vile cretin.
Reply

Lets face it, if the McCann`s did have anything to do with their child`s death, it was an accident. and they are the ones that have to live with this, its not like British children are at risk with this family,
I would rather see them looking after their two younger children and doing good... More
7 Replies

Shame he didn't suffer a massive heart attack.
Reply

UK seem like a nation of gays, peados, yob, etc. Help find maddie and start Maddy's Law in The Sun noon tomorrow with Rebeakah Wade I'm > with > stupid
1 Reply

MADELEINE'S LAW : "Never Leave Young Children On Their Own".
Reply

Is he preparing to scuba dive in search of the missing blue holdall that was not big enough to hide a tennis racquet in?
Reply

The only reason these people were not prosecuted for abandonment is because so many well know people i.e. Richard Branson Gordon Brown etc. jumped on the bandwagon for their own ends and so the Police, Social services etc. decided it would be best not to rock the proverbial boat....................... More
Reply

If he's swimming and she's there in support, has anyone checked the kids?
Reply

Now that the Lawrences are out the picture up pop the McCanns to get their extra little bit of publicity. These two seem to have no shame at all. If I had left my three children on their own at night in a foreign country I wouldn't be able to hold my head up for the rest of my
life -... More
Reply

Well done Mr McCaan, your and your wifes courage even after all this time is a testimony of your selfless sacrifice to the plight of others in a similar situation that you continue to endure daily. I pray that even after this length of time your daughter will be returned to you and your family will... More
4 Replies

Better off 'searching for daughter'
1 Reply

If they did murder Maddy, because either one gave her something to keep her quiet while they went off drinking, we will never know, if not I hope the poor child is found soon because where ever and whoever she is with is not good news, hopefully the UK police force will go over ALL the evidence,... More
Reply

The Portuguese Police failed to search the communal refuse wheelie bins on that day and so did Gerry.
Reply

Why did the parents keep visiting a shop where locals can have the use of Deep Freezers?
Reply

Why was the Hire Car Boot left open day and night three weeks later after the disappearance?
Reply

What a nice gesture I hope this little girl is found soon no matter what the cost.
2 Replies

Why did the Police Dogs react to scents the way they did?
1 Reply

Why travel to Rome to see the Pope within days of the disappearance?
1 Reply

they love the limelight-what about the other competors-bet they hvnt made millions out of it-sorry about daughter,but for these 2 stupid parents leaving them to fill there faces buggers belief
And they go on

____________________


PeterMac
Researcher

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 143
Join date : 2010-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gerry's Virgin Active London Triathlon 2013

Post by Smokeandmirrors on 28.07.13 18:30

"Yeah, y'know, we've had loadsa support y'know, and sort of, y'know, it's just a tiny number who would, y'know, criticise us, and yeah, y'know, who are these people anyway? Everyone's been really supportive and we just wanna find Margaret"

____________________
The truth will out.

Smokeandmirrors
Moderator

Posts : 2428
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2011-07-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

gerry

Post by marconi on 29.07.13 5:40

A swimming Gerry, all by himself.

A few days ago, all alone on Daybreak. 
 
Is Kate still living in Rothley?

marconi

Posts : 1082
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2013-05-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gerry's Virgin Active London Triathlon 2013

Post by plebgate on 29.07.13 5:48

Was he the only person to take part in this event. If not, why is he the only one who gets a write up?

Considering he is involved in Hacked Off, I would not have given him any coverage.


plebgate

Posts : 5445
Reputation : 1159
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

kate

Post by marconi on 29.07.13 5:55

@marconi wrote:A swimming Gerry, all by himself.

A few days ago, all alone in Daybreak. 
 
Is Kate still living in Rothley?
 
 
 
 
or did she leave the UK?

marconi

Posts : 1082
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2013-05-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gerry's Virgin Active London Triathlon 2013

Post by Praiaaa on 29.07.13 7:20

Love those comments!!!!! Thanks for saving them!

Praiaaa

Posts : 419
Reputation : 36
Join date : 2011-04-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gerry's Virgin Active London Triathlon 2013

Post by Guest on 29.07.13 7:25

Gerry McCann target of troll abuse

VILE internet trolls hit out at Madeleine McCann’s dad for competing in a race to raise funds for missing people

 
They posted evil messages on his Just Giving webpage, which the public used to pledge cash for Gerry’s efforts in the London Triathlon yesterday.
The heart specialist, whose daughter vanished from the family’s Portuguese holiday apartment in 2007, raised nearly £8,000 for charity Missing People.
But before Gerry, 45, set out on the 40km cycle, 10km run and 1.5km swim, two trolls posted defamatory comments about him – even though it cost them £2 in donations to leave the messages.
Gerry, who spent weeks training for the event, said after the triathlon: “It was incredibly hard, especially the bike.

Gerry McCann wrote:“What kept me going was the thought of being able to help the charity Missing People support other families living with the very ­different pain of having a missing loved one”
“What kept me going was the thought of being able to help the charity Missing People support other families living with the very ­different pain of having a missing loved one.
“A huge, huge thank you to everyone who sponsored me.”
The trolls struck three months after another threatened to gun down Gerry’s wife Kate, 45, as she ran the London Marathon in aid of the same charity.
The former GP ignored the threats and raised £21,000 with her run.
Yet more abuse surfaced on Facebook earlier this month after the Met police announced they were opening their own investigation into Maddie’s case.
The probe, led by Det Chief Insp Andy Redwood, has identified 38 potential suspects.
The family’s spokesman Clarence Mitchell described the trolls’ comments on JustGiving as “rude”.
He added: “These people are abusing a charity page.
“The posts are not worthy of any further comment

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/329283/Gerry-McCann-target-of-troll-abuse

Oh dear!!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Gerry's Virgin Active London Triathlon 2013

Post by plebgate on 29.07.13 7:44

Surprised that's all Mitchell had to say, where's the threat of legal action against the "trolls"?



plebgate

Posts : 5445
Reputation : 1159
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gerry's Virgin Active London Triathlon 2013

Post by Guest on 29.07.13 8:52

The only comments I saw which were quickly whooshed were from people mentioning the police files and the Gaspar statement.

Not vile trolls but it will be hard to explain the difference to a tabloid journalist!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Gerry's Virgin Active London Triathlon 2013

Post by DIBarlow on 29.07.13 9:35

Cherry Blossom wrote:Gerry McCann target of troll abuse

The heart specialist, whose daughter vanished from the family’s Portuguese holiday apartment in 2007, raised nearly £8,000 for charity Missing People.

Gerry, who spent weeks training for the event, said after the triathlon: “It was incredibly hard, especially the bike.

Oh dear!!
So, without Huge Grunt's Divine Intervention of £5k McCann would have FAILED to reach his £4k target....?

DIBarlow

Posts : 95
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-10-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gerry's Virgin Active London Triathlon 2013

Post by Guest on 29.07.13 9:37


Today's Daily Star...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Gerry's Virgin Active London Triathlon 2013

Post by russiandoll on 29.07.13 9:41

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:The only comments I saw which were quickly whooshed were from people mentioning the police files and the Gaspar statement.

Not vile trolls but it will be hard to explain the difference to a tabloid journalist!

    The vile comments were reported to be on the justgiving page, and were made by idiots who made a small donation and wrote disgraceful remarks.
  
    Is that what you are referring to?

____________________



             The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy


russiandoll

Posts : 3942
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2011-09-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gerry's Virgin Active London Triathlon 2013

Post by Guest on 29.07.13 9:45

If there were any that really were offensive I did not see them.

If anyone did descend to the sort of abuse more applicable to pro forums, I don't of course condone it.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Gerry's Virgin Active London Triathlon 2013

Post by russiandoll on 29.07.13 9:45

@DIBarlow wrote:
Cherry Blossom wrote:Gerry McCann target of troll abuse

The heart specialist, whose daughter vanished from the family’s Portuguese holiday apartment in 2007, raised nearly £8,000 for charity Missing People.

Gerry, who spent weeks training for the event, said after the triathlon: “It was incredibly hard, especially the bike.

Oh dear!!
So, without Huge Grunt's Divine Intervention of £5k McCann would have FAILED to reach his £4k target....?

 
   admin....I think remarks such as the above are unacceptable in themselves, apart from the fact that they bring the forum into disrepute. There is free speech and a line where it descends into personal abuse....that line has been crossed by the above imo.

 Thank you RD, I had not noticed that last comment I would agree, therefore comment deleted.

____________________



             The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy


russiandoll

Posts : 3942
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2011-09-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gerry's Virgin Active London Triathlon 2013

Post by Guest on 29.07.13 10:21

Congratulations Gerry on finishing the triathlon.Mrs 



However, I also congratulate all the parents out there who keep their children safe and well which is far more important and far harder than a few hours of cycling, swimming & running clapping

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Gerry's Virgin Active London Triathlon 2013

Post by Guest on 29.07.13 10:24

I would like to congratulate the thousands of others who competed,  clapping yet not a mention for them, unless I missed it?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Gerry's Virgin Active London Triathlon 2013

Post by Guest on 29.07.13 10:26

There's a mention on the official site!

http://www.thelondontriathlon.co.uk

There will be a personal video of Gerry available after 18.00 today. Patience, people!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Gerry's Virgin Active London Triathlon 2013

Post by Guest on 29.07.13 10:43

candyfloss wrote:I would like to congratulate the thousands of others who competed,  clapping yet not a mention for them, unless I missed it?

 My cogratulations too, it's has if he was competing on his own, What must the other competetors feel nothing mentioned about their achievments

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Gerry's Virgin Active London Triathlon 2013

Post by jeanmonroe on 29.07.13 11:09

Cherry Blossom wrote:
candyfloss wrote:I would like to congratulate the thousands of others who competed,  clapping yet not a mention for them, unless I missed it?

 My cogratulations too, it's has if he was competing on his own, What must the other competetors feel nothing mentioned about their achievments

There were OTHER people doing it?
Missed that!

I can't find how much BHH, Andy Redwood and the 37 'McCann cops' donated.

THEY surely would have, wouldn't they?

Anyone?

jeanmonroe

Posts : 5133
Reputation : 886
Join date : 2013-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gerry's Virgin Active London Triathlon 2013

Post by PeterMac on 29.07.13 11:18

@jeanmonroe wrote:There were OTHER people doing it?
Missed that!
I can't find how much BHH, Andy Redwood and the 37 'McCann cops' donated.
THEY surely would have, wouldn't they?
Anyone?
And how much did the pro-child neglect lobby donate ? I don't see their names on the list.

____________________


PeterMac
Researcher

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 143
Join date : 2010-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gerry's Virgin Active London Triathlon 2013

Post by celtclogs on 29.07.13 12:23

candyfloss wrote:I would like to congratulate the thousands of others who competed,  clapping yet not a mention for them, unless I missed it?
 "I would like to congratulate the thousands of others who competed"

Yes me too Mrs Mrs Mrs clapping cheerleader Well done

celtclogs

Posts : 78
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-02-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gerry's Virgin Active London Triathlon 2013

Post by jozi on 29.07.13 12:26

Cherry Blossom wrote:Gerry McCann target of troll abuse

VILE internet trolls hit out at Madeleine McCann’s dad for competing in a race to raise funds for missing people

 
They posted evil messages on his Just Giving webpage, which the public used to pledge cash for Gerry’s efforts in the London Triathlon yesterday.
The heart specialist, whose daughter vanished from the family’s Portuguese holiday apartment in 2007, raised nearly £8,000 for charity Missing People.
But before Gerry, 45, set out on the 40km cycle, 10km run and 1.5km swim, two trolls posted defamatory comments about him – even though it cost them £2 in donations to leave the messages.
Gerry, who spent weeks training for the event, said after the triathlon: “It was incredibly hard, especially the bike.

Gerry McCann wrote:“What kept me going was the thought of being able to help the charity Missing People support other families living with the very ­different pain of having a missing loved one”
“What kept me going was the thought of being able to help the charity Missing People support other families living with the very ­different pain of having a missing loved one.
“A huge, huge thank you to everyone who sponsored me.”
The trolls struck three months after another threatened to gun down Gerry’s wife Kate, 45, as she ran the London Marathon in aid of the same charity.
The former GP ignored the threats and raised £21,000 with her run.
Yet more abuse surfaced on Facebook earlier this month after the Met police announced they were opening their own investigation into Maddie’s case.
The probe, led by Det Chief Insp Andy Redwood, has identified 38 potential suspects.
The family’s spokesman Clarence Mitchell described the trolls’ comments on JustGiving as “rude”.
He added: “These people are abusing a charity page.
“The posts are not worthy of any further comment

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/329283/Gerry-McCann-target-of-troll-abuse

Oh dear!!

Oh dear indeed, seems poor ole Gerry is not as popular with the Great British Public as he thought !!!

jozi

Posts : 710
Reputation : 15
Join date : 2012-05-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Gerry

Post by marconi on 29.07.13 12:49

Gerry looks depressed and destroyed.  He must regret the review and especially the investigation. They went much too far, criticising the British government, counting on Rebekah Brooks' support. It went wrong and they are now victims of a trap, News of the World does not exist anymore and Brooks is in difficulties.
They are all by themselves now, fighting against two police forces instead of none.
And very good police, both of them.
They made enemies all over around, irritating authorities, the highest  placed ones, in their megalomany, and they received a terrible invoyce.

marconi

Posts : 1082
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2013-05-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gerry's Virgin Active London Triathlon 2013

Post by tasprin on 29.07.13 13:17

GM's target was £4k, and he raised £8k from a total of 139 donations and that was after the usual massive publicity (to the exclusion of all other competitors) including a prominent appearance on Daybreak TV - that's hardly a ringing endorsement of public support. Without a £5k donation from his fellow Hacked-Off campaigner, Hugh Grant - who of course has his own agenda and it's definitely not missing people - GM would only have raised £3k  - £1k short of his target.

The McCanns have done everything in their power to gag the media so why do the media continue to give this couple publicity (above and beyond what's allotted to anyone else).

I've seen some of the comments left on his Justgiving page and I don't think they were abusive (more questioning I'd say) but I think they play into TM's hands because the McCanns will exploit every opportunity to portray themselves as victims.

tasprin

Posts : 834
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2013-01-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum