The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Gerry's Virgin Active London Triathlon 2013

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Gerry's Virgin Active London Triathlon 2013

Post by BerylJ on 26.07.13 20:57

Hello Candyfloss.

BerylJ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 26.07.13 21:26

@BerylJ wrote:Yes. Desperate measures called for at desperate times. Whipping up support.

I think he needed her to whip up his support !
The morals of a rattlesnake.
Good company for the McCanns, methinks.
If they surround themselves with people of that ilk, they cannot then complain if others make the comparison

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tasprin on 26.07.13 21:28

@PeterMac wrote:
@BerylJ wrote:Yes. Desperate measures called for at desperate times. Whipping up support.

If they surround themselves with people of that ilk, they cannot then complain if others make the comparison

Plenty in common - you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours.

tasprin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BerylJ on 26.07.13 21:30

@PeterMac wrote:

I was thinking more of Hugh Grant. Just how desperate can one get? And vice versa.

BerylJ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tasprin on 26.07.13 21:48

Some good comments from Carole Malone in the Mirror, 1 Dec 2012  (and no mention of the Mcs) 

God save us from the likes of Hugh Grant on press regulation

I refuse to take lessons in morality or ethics from the likes of Grant, Steve Coogan or Max Mosley

Caught out: Hugh Grant Caught out: Hugh Grant
Reuters

Cards on the table. I’m ­totally against statutory regulation of the Press.

However, I am in favour of a ­responsible Press... one that doesn’t wreck the lives of decent, ordinary people who find themselves trapped in a publicity maelstrom because of some devastating personal tragedy.

Those people should be – and I believe will be – protected in the future by a media that has admitted its mistakes and is determined to clean up its act.

However, I refuse to take lessons in morality or ethics – which is what the Leveson inquiry was about, not ­hacking – from the likes of Hugh Grant, Steve Coogan or Max Mosley. It’s nauseating, not to mention hypocritical, to have to stomach these men with bloody great axes to grind banging on about immorality in the Press.

Grant’s obsessive hatred of it took hold after he was caught trawling the streets of LA for prostitutes while in a supposedly committed relationship with Liz Hurley.

A man who got a woman pregnant after what he ­insultingly called a “fleeting affair” and who reportedly spent just half an hour with his newborn child before shooting off to Scotland to play golf. Nice!

And there’s Max Mosley – a man who freely admits he has indulged in ­countless orgies, yet blames his family’s devastation at finding out about them on the Press. So, betraying his wife wasn’t the problem. But her finding out via a newspaper was? And while his antics with those prostitutes weren’t criminal, many saw them as sleazy and ­immoral.

As for Steve Coogan – he’s as well known for his cocaine-fuelled binges and dalliances with topless dancers as he is for his day job. Whatever that is.

And it’s these so-called celebrity champions of the Hacked Off campaign that one devastated dad blames for Leveson “losing focus”. Graham Foulkes, whose son David was killed in the 7/7 bombings and whose life was subsequently turned upside-down by the media, says: “An important piece of work, which was supposed to be for ordinary people, was railroaded by the celebrity circus.”

And he’s right.

But the public aren’t stupid. They have endless compassion for people like Graham, for Bob and Sally Dowler, for mums like Margaret Watson, whose 15-year-old son Alan killed himself after a series of derogatory articles about his murdered sister.

But I don’t believe they have any truck with celebrities who brazenly use the media when they have a film to promote or a book to publish. Celebrities who have no problem being in the papers when there’s money in it for them yet who squeal “invasion of privacy” the minute something’s written they don’t like.

The public’s indifference to Grant’s rantings was evident last week when his Channel 4 documentary Taking on the Tabloids got just 470,000 viewers – a piddling 1.9 per cent of the possible audience.

As for the politicians who’d like to see papers gagged... why is that? Is it payback for the expenses scandal? Or is it because they want to stop the spotlight being shone on ­excesses, their wrongdoings, their ­immorality? Pity they don’t get the fact that while the public might not trust some journalists, they don’t trust any politicians. And they ­certainly don’t want them or a shower of self-interested ­celebrities in charge of the media.

The fact is, much of what offended and upset the public – the hacking, etc – ­happened a long time ago and is now being dealt with by laws that are already in place.

But you can’t introduce state control over ­people’s ethical judgements.

It took courage for David Cameron to take a stand against ­statutory underpinning because, as he says, it could become a vehicle for politicians to impose regulation and obligations on the Press. Andif that happens, God help us all.

Yes, the Press has to put its house in order, as do politicians – some of whom are still fiddling their ­expenses. Not because people like Hugh Grant say so, but because we have an obligation and a loyalty to the people who keep us in business.

Those people are why Britain must remain a ­country that champions free speech and where politicians remain ­terrified about what the Press might do or say if they cross a line.

Giving politicians power over the Press would be like letting a fox loose in a hen house... stupid, bloody and wrong!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/god-save-us-from-the-likes-of-hugh-grant-1467450#ixzz2aBcFjwpH

tasprin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 26.07.13 21:57

WIKI>
Personal life[edit]
Grant during the second round of Alfred Dunhill Links Championship, October 2007
In 1987, while playing Lord Byron in a Spanish production called Remando Al Viento (1988), Grant met actress Elizabeth Hurley, who was cast in a supporting role as Byron's former lover Claire Clairmont.[43] Grant started dating the aspiring model while shooting and their relationship was subsequently the subject of much media attention.
In 1995, Grant was arrested for "lewd conduct" with a prostitute in Hollywood. After 13 years together, Grant and Hurley made "a mutual and amicable decision" to split in May 2000.[133] Grant is godfather to Hurley's son Damian, born in 2002.[134]
Grant reportedly dated former pantomime actress Michaela Westbury from 2003 up until 2004.
He subsequently began dating Jemima Khan under the intense scrutiny of British tabloids.[9] Three years later, in February 2007, Grant's publicist announced that the couple had "decided to split amicably".[135] The spokesman added, "Hugh has nothing but positive things to say about Jemima".
In November 2011, it was announced that Grant had become a father to a baby girl, Tabitha, earlier that autumn.[136] The identity of the mother, with whom Grant had a "fleeting affair" according to his publicist, was not at first announced; however, it was later revealed to be a Chinese woman, Tinglan Hong.[137][138] The publicist went on to say that "while this was not planned, Hugh could not be happier or more supportive. He and the mother have discussed everything and are on very friendly terms."[139] In an interview on The Ellen DeGeneres Show in April 2012, Grant revealed that his daughter's Chinese name is Xiao Xi, meaning "happy surprise".[140] Grant and Hong reportedly briefly reunited in 2012. In February 2013, Grant announced that they had recently welcomed a son named Felix Chang.[141][142]
Grant has claimed that Hong has been "badly treated" by the media, saying that press intrusion prevented him from attending the birth of his daughter in September 2011. Grant said, "I was at one of the party conferences, about to give a speech, and was pacing about on the end of the phone. I shouldn’t have gone to the hospital at all, because it brought all this attention down on the mother's head. But I couldn't really resist it, so I went on the second day". Hong later obtained an injunction which allowed Hugh Grant to visit her and baby Tabitha in peace.[136]
Grant is an avid golfer and is a regular at pro-am tournaments with membership at the Sunningdale Golf Club. He is also frequently pictured by the paparazzi at the famed Scottish golf courses in St Andrews, Kingsbarns and Carnoustie.[143] Highly competitive,[144] he reportedly plays with a lot of money at stake.[145] As a young boy, he played rugby union on his school's first XV team at centre and played football as an avid fan of Fulham F.C.. He is also a fan of Scottish side Rangers F.C.[146] thanks to his grandfather who was Scottish. He continued to play in a Sunday-morning football league in south-west London after college and remains an "impassioned Fulham supporter."[27] Grant's other interests include snooker[147] and tennis.[148]
In 2011, the BBC apologised after Grant made a remark about gay rugby players when he was invited into the commentary box during coverage of an England V Scotland game at Twickenham Stadium. Talking about playing rugby during his school days, Grant said: "I discovered it hurt less if you tackled hard than if you tackled like a queen."[149]

The allegedly staunch Catholic McCanns would hardly have chosen a more inappropriate supporter, could they ?  Unless of course the rumours . . . . .

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BerylJ on 26.07.13 22:00

@PeterMac wrote:WIKI>
Personal life[edit]
Grant during the second round of Alfred Dunhill Links Championship, October 2007
In 1987, while playing Lord Byron in a Spanish production called Remando Al Viento (1988), Grant met actress Elizabeth Hurley, who was cast in a supporting role as Byron's former lover Claire Clairmont.[43] Grant started dating the aspiring model while shooting and their relationship was subsequently the subject of much media attention.
In 1995, Grant was arrested for "lewd conduct" with a prostitute in Hollywood. After 13 years together, Grant and Hurley made "a mutual and amicable decision" to split in May 2000.[133] Grant is godfather to Hurley's son Damian, born in 2002.[134]
Grant reportedly dated former pantomime actress Michaela Westbury from 2003 up until 2004.
He subsequently began dating Jemima Khan under the intense scrutiny of British tabloids.[9] Three years later, in February 2007, Grant's publicist announced that the couple had "decided to split amicably".[135] The spokesman added, "Hugh has nothing but positive things to say about Jemima".
In November 2011, it was announced that Grant had become a father to a baby girl, Tabitha, earlier that autumn.[136] The identity of the mother, with whom Grant had a "fleeting affair" according to his publicist, was not at first announced; however, it was later revealed to be a Chinese woman, Tinglan Hong.[137][138] The publicist went on to say that "while this was not planned, Hugh could not be happier or more supportive. He and the mother have discussed everything and are on very friendly terms."[139] In an interview on The Ellen DeGeneres Show in April 2012, Grant revealed that his daughter's Chinese name is Xiao Xi, meaning "happy surprise".[140] Grant and Hong reportedly briefly reunited in 2012. In February 2013, Grant announced that they had recently welcomed a son named Felix Chang.[141][142]
Grant has claimed that Hong has been "badly treated" by the media, saying that press intrusion prevented him from attending the birth of his daughter in September 2011. Grant said, "I was at one of the party conferences, about to give a speech, and was pacing about on the end of the phone. I shouldn’t have gone to the hospital at all, because it brought all this attention down on the mother's head. But I couldn't really resist it, so I went on the second day". Hong later obtained an injunction which allowed Hugh Grant to visit her and baby Tabitha in peace.[136]
Grant is an avid golfer and is a regular at pro-am tournaments with membership at the Sunningdale Golf Club. He is also frequently pictured by the paparazzi at the famed Scottish golf courses in St Andrews, Kingsbarns and Carnoustie.[143] Highly competitive,[144] he reportedly plays with a lot of money at stake.[145] As a young boy, he played rugby union on his school's first XV team at centre and played football as an avid fan of Fulham F.C.. He is also a fan of Scottish side Rangers F.C.[146] thanks to his grandfather who was Scottish. He continued to play in a Sunday-morning football league in south-west London after college and remains an "impassioned Fulham supporter."[27] Grant's other interests include snooker[147] and tennis.[148]
In 2011, the BBC apologised after Grant made a remark about gay rugby players when he was invited into the commentary box during coverage of an England V Scotland game at Twickenham Stadium. Talking about playing rugby during his school days, Grant said: "I discovered it hurt less if you tackled hard than if you tackled like a queen."[149]

The allegedly staunch Catholic McCanns would hardly have chosen a more inappropriate supporter, could they ?  Unless of course the rumours . . . . .

Money, but absolutely no class.

BerylJ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 27.07.13 1:04

And Grant is a passionate GLASGOW RANGERS supporter!

The McCanns are passionate GLASGOW CELTIC supporters!

How does THAT work? LOL.

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 27.07.13 1:23

@jeanmonroe wrote:
@Lostfridge wrote:Is target amount has now risen from £1000 to £4000 ! with still just £350 in donations

Well, HUGE Grant hasn't donated yet!!!

That's will be at least £5000 won't it?

That's what HUGE Grant gave 'our' Kate for her efforts to curb the press, er, um, i mean for her charity run!

Donation by Hugh Grant on 16/03/13

£5,000.00

+ £1,250.00 Gift Aid

ONLY NINE DAYS AFTER I POSTED THE ABOVE POST BUT NOT TOO LATE, OUR HUGH GOT THERE IN THE END!

OR PERHAPS HE GOT P**SED OFF WITH THE MCCANNS PHONING HIM 24/7 AND JUST GAVE THEM IT TO GET THEM TO STFU AND FOR THEM TO STOP ST*LKING HIM EVERY TIME THEY WANT PUBLICITY FOR THEMSELVES!

"HUEY, HUEY, KATIE IS DOING A RUN TO THE LOCAL SHOP, CAN YOU SPONSOR HER?"
"OH, GO ON, GO ON HUEY, THEN WE CAN GET HER PICTURE IN THE PAPERS"

YOU CAN READ THEM LIKE A BOOK!

As i said a long time ago when did HUGE GRANT ever proclaim his previous passion for finding missing kids?
I haver never seen one article from him about the subject!
There has never been any great crusade by Grant in the past!

But he has now linked himself to the McCanns and if they are charged with involvement in a childs disappearance the headlines won't be good for him!

"Huge Grant sponsored child abductors"

ETA;
HOW MUCH HAS HUGE GRANT EVER GIVEN PREVIOUSLY, GIVEN THAT IT'S BEEN HIS PASSIONATE CAUSE FOR LIFE, TO ANY OF THE SELFLESS PEOPLE THAT ALSO RAISE MONEY FOR MISSING PEOPLE?

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell on 27.07.13 2:12

Yes, I expect he will be changing his phone number soon Jean, :)

Read an interesting and deeply touching article about Holly Wells earlier.  The parents have quietly carried on, their grief as raw as it was 10 years ago, mention of her name bringing tears to her mother Nicola's eyes.  Acknowledging their grief and their dark days, with quiet dignity. What a contrast they are to the McCanns.

Cristobell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 27.07.13 7:50

@Cristobell wrote:  Acknowledging their grief and their dark days, with quiet dignity. What a contrast they are to the McCanns.
Almost the entire human race is a contrast to the McCanns and their ardent supporters

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 27.07.13 10:07

MCCANN THE CONMAN?

How low will the McCanns go to get their effing names everywhere?

I have just spoken to a long long time money raiser for missing kids charity.

PRE McCANNS!

They were NOT impressed by this latest wheeze by McCANN!

Apparently, allegedly, McCann KNEW that HUGE GRANTS 'donation' was coming and that is why he started a £1,000 target, and then when he only had £300+ after a week, which was nowhere near how much his ego should of raised, he suddenly upped it to 4 times his 'target'.

So that he would be lauded as brilliant by his 'gang' if he reached THAT target!

What those dumbass 'supporters' did not know was that McCann, allegedly, already had Grant's 'donation' on 'standby'

To be 'stragically' donated, allegedly, at virtually the 'last minute' 2 days before McCanns 'heroics'!

WHAT A C**T!

My friend is absolutely FUMING!
They are sick to the back teeth of these McCann 'chancers'
"look at Kate, look at Gerry , how marvellous they are raising all this money"
"Gerry is so brilliant he smashed his 'target' and is the only fund raiser to be mentioned in the press"

Anyway, the bottom line is that my friend is sick of their 'efforts' being almost totally ignored in deference to the McCanns 'efforts'

NOT HAPPY AND NOW READING THE 'FILES'! (starting with T9 statements)
Wouldn't believe anything against the McCanns because there was a "missing child" involved.

Even IF Madeleine were 'found' my new friend will be extremely sceptical of helping people in the future!
And the McCanns have done that!

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 27.07.13 10:33

I love the other comment to the effect
"How much did Grant 'donate' to Divine Brown ?"

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 27.07.13 10:36

@PeterMac wrote:I love the other comment to the effect

Less than a teaspoonful?

Still, more than a certain 'Gaffa' (sic) could give her!

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 27.07.13 10:57

@PeterMac wrote:I love the other comment to the effect

His last

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 27.07.13 11:55

You'd hear the screams, even in space, if McCann and Grant were NOT in the press, they so abhor, after Gerry's heroics!

Then they would be claiming that they were 'victims' AGAIN!

This time it would be "WE DIDN'T GET ANY PRESS COVERAGE"

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 27.07.13 15:59

Mr. mentions how hard he has been training and fitting it all around his work. No mention of fitting training around the twins and family time.

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 27.07.13 16:13

@plebgate wrote:Mr. mentions how hard he has been training and fitting it all around his work.  No mention of fitting training around the twins and family time.    

If he had 'searched' that 'hard' for Madeleine he might have found her!

And there again, if he hadn't diliberately left her and her even younger siblings alone in an unlocked apartment, totally out of sight, she wouldn't have needed to be searched for at all!

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by loopzdaloop on 28.07.13 1:47

Another interesting donation.

I do hope lily and Scarlett are safe considering the Gaspar's observation of 'Dave' and Yvonne Martins worries.

[color=#4d4840][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]We will be cheering you on from near and far with all our breath....GO GERRY!!!

We will be cheering you on from near and far with all our breath....GO GERRY!!!

loopzdaloop

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 28.07.13 13:51

Good luck Gerry. I hope it goes well, then maybe you can come back to playing golf?!!!
Lots of love The Spillanes, xx

Donation by Anonymous on 28/07/13
£20.00
+ £5.00 Gift Aid

Yeah, good luck G then MAYBE you can get back to actually searching for your child!
But, no hurry, only after you get back from playing golf!
She's only been sitting in her hellish lair for six YEARS, waiting for you, so i'm sure she can wait a bit longer until you finish your next golf round!
Decisions, decisions!
Playing golf or MAYBE 'finding' Madeleine?

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 28.07.13 13:57

Loopzdaloop, I do not feel confident about the well-being of any of the children of the Tapas mob.

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraflores on 28.07.13 14:59

Once again, no mention of 'abduction'.

Miraflores

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 28.07.13 15:22

Back to top Go down

Comments

Post by angie o'plasty on 28.07.13 16:01

I have read the comments. Some of them are delicious.

I wonder if he will ever get a knighthood for all the work he does for charity. Arf arf.

angie o'plasty

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum