The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

Regards,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Tanner, O'Brien, Wilkins, O'Donnell.

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Tanner, O'Brien, Wilkins, O'Donnell.

Post by sallypelt on 26.07.13 10:56

@Monty Heck wrote:tasprin Today at 11:27 am

Extracts from My Months with Madeleine

He [GM] told us they were leaving theirs sleeping in the apartments. While they chatted on, I ruminated on the pros and cons of this. I admired them, in a way, for not being paranoid parents, but I decided that our apartment was too far off even to contemplate it. Our baby was too young and I would worry about them waking up.

Although she was worried about the dangers of the balcony in her own apartment, O’Donnell was glad she didn’t get apartment 5A as she regarded it as more dangerous because it was exposed to the road and people could see in…yet she still admired the McCanns for not being paranoid about leaving three very young children in such a precarious situation night after night, and she didn’t appear to see anything remotely odd about the McCanns broadcasting their alarming childcare arrangements to complete strangers. And this woman worked on Crimewatch?

So JW/BOD were apparently capable of assessing the scenario of leaving children asleep unattended in various apartments as too risky to contemplate, unlike the T9 who, on the contrary felt it was "all so very safe" enough to carry it out night after night.  Instead of saying, "wow, don't you think that could be a bit risky "While they chatted on" s/he merely ruminated the pros and cons, and having weighed these up (and here BOD is clear that for her the cons decidedly outweighed the pros) concluded that there was something admirable in the McCs not being paranoid parents.  Also, without questioning before 3/5/2007 or indeed since, why the T9 would confide their high risk child care plans on such slight acquaintance, oblivious to adding to the dangers inherent in leaving children alone.  In an exposed apartment, which any fool who took a moment to weigh up the risks would decide against.   There seems to be a freakishly high number of people without even average judgement capabilities connected to this story.  Hardly surprising the matter is unresolved over 6 years later if this is the calibre of person on whom the fate of this poor child depended, IMO.

I have now completely dismissed BO as being totally irrelevant. She WASN'T there. All she is doing is dramatizing what her partner, JW has said,

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance De Boils on 26.07.13 13:04

I think they are ALL very relevant and should ALL take part in any reconstruction.
Going back to the original post I made - there is a fair chance that Tanner, O'Brien, Wilkins and O'Donnell in fact knew each other before the holiday. Maybe Kate and Gerry didn't. Maybe they didn't even know that they knew each other.
But they are ALL relevant to the "story", imo.

Lance De Boils

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tanner, O'Brien, Wilkins, O'Donnell

Post by Monty Heck on 26.07.13 17:45

@sallypelt wrote:

He [GM] told us they were leaving theirs sleeping in the apartments. While they chatted on, I ruminated on the pros and cons of this. I admired them, in a way, for not being paranoid parents, but I decided that our apartment was too far off even to contemplate it. Our baby was too young and I would worry about them waking up.

Although she was worried about the dangers of the balcony in her own apartment, O’Donnell was glad she didn’t get apartment 5A as she regarded it as more dangerous because it was exposed to the road and people could see in…yet she still admired the McCanns for not being paranoid about leaving three very young children in such a precarious situation night after night, and she didn’t appear to see anything remotely odd about the McCanns broadcasting their alarming childcare arrangements to complete strangers. And this woman worked on Crimewatch?

So JW/BOD were apparently capable of assessing the scenario of leaving children asleep unattended in various apartments as too risky to contemplate, unlike the T9 who, on the contrary felt it was "all so very safe" enough to carry it out night after night.  Instead of saying, "wow, don't you think that could be a bit risky "While they chatted on" s/he merely ruminated the pros and cons, and having weighed these up (and here BOD is clear that for her the cons decidedly outweighed the pros) concluded that there was something admirable in the McCs not being paranoid parents.  Also, without questioning before 3/5/2007 or indeed since, why the T9 would confide their high risk child care plans on such slight acquaintance, oblivious to adding to the dangers inherent in leaving children alone.  In an exposed apartment, which any fool who took a moment to weigh up the risks would decide against.   There seems to be a freakishly high number of people without even average judgement capabilities connected to this story.  Hardly surprising the matter is unresolved over 6 years later if this is the calibre of person on whom the fate of this poor child depended, IMO.

I have now completely dismissed BO as being totally irrelevant. She WASN'T there. All she is doing is dramatizing what her partner, JW has said,
She may well be irrelevant but she may have been doing a bit more than dramatizing what her partner said.  The point I was making was that, despite claims by the T9 they were all lulled into a false sense of security because it "seemed so safe" here we have another couple who, on what must have been rather a casual assessment of the OC layout, concluded that leaving children in the position that the T9 did was risky.  Not quite members of the "we've all done it" brigade then.  The second point was, why on earth would there be no suspicion at all on JW who on his own admission was doing the rounds of the resort while the deed was apparently being done.  For all the T9 knew he could have been up to anything but it seems never to have occurred that he could be suspect.  Just why were so many people apparently above suspicion when it could have been ANYONE? Of course if you knew what happened that might be different.

Monty Heck

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 26.07.13 17:58

@Monty Heck wrote:
@sallypelt wrote:

She may well be irrelevant but she may have been doing a bit more than dramatizing what her partner said.  The point I was making was that, despite claims by the T9 they were all lulled into a false sense of security because it "seemed so safe" here we have another couple who, on what must have been rather a casual assessment of the OC layout, concluded that leaving children in the position that the T9 did was risky.  Not quite members of the "we've all done it" brigade then.  The second point was, why on earth would there be no suspicion at all on JW who on his own admission was doing the rounds of the resort while the deed was apparently being done.  For all the T9 knew he could have been up to anything but it seems never to have occurred that he could be suspect.  Just why were so many people apparently above suspicion when it could have been ANYONE? Of course if you knew what happened that might be different.

Monk, I wasn't criticising what you were saying. My gripe is with BO. I got a little annoyed by what she was saying about JW, and what he was thinking when he was speaking to GM. As I've said, BO wasn't there at that time, so in a court of law she wouldn't even be questioned about JW's meeting with GM . As for her being insignificant, the PJ must have thought the same, because she didn't even make an independent statement. All we know about BO's holiday (apart from what she's written in her own Mills and Boon type fantasy pieces)  is what we've read from her partner's statements.

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Monty Heck on 26.07.13 19:30

@sallypelt wrote:
@Monty Heck wrote:
@sallypelt wrote:

She may well be irrelevant but she may have been doing a bit more than dramatizing what her partner said.  The point I was making was that, despite claims by the T9 they were all lulled into a false sense of security because it "seemed so safe" here we have another couple who, on what must have been rather a casual assessment of the OC layout, concluded that leaving children in the position that the T9 did was risky.  Not quite members of the "we've all done it" brigade then.  The second point was, why on earth would there be no suspicion at all on JW who on his own admission was doing the rounds of the resort while the deed was apparently being done.  For all the T9 knew he could have been up to anything but it seems never to have occurred that he could be suspect.  Just why were so many people apparently above suNospicion when it could have been ANYONE? Of course if you knew what happened that might be different.

Monk, I wasn't criticising what you were saying. My gripe is with BO. I got a little annoyed by what she was saying about JW, and what he was thinking when he was speaking to GM. As I've said, BO wasn't there at that time, so in a court of law she wouldn't even be questioned about JW's meeting with GM . As for her being insignificant, the PJ must have thought the same, because she didn't even make an independent statement. All we know about BO's holiday (apart from what she's written in her own Mills and Boon type fantasy pieces)  is what we've read from her partner's statements.
No worries - none taken.  Spot on re Mills & Boon.
MH

Monty Heck

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance De Boils on 04.08.13 20:59

For the benefit of any readers who may have missed it, I am [just this once] bumping this thread back up before it disappears off the front page. I happen to think that this information is very interesting and not to be missed.

Original post:

I happen to know that JT/O'B share mutual friends with JW/BO'D.

I do not wish to put their mutual friends' names here. I also cannot reveal here how I know this.

But that they share mutual friends is a FACT. I have verified this and have shared the details with PeterMac, who can back up what I have written above.

What I do not know for sure yet, is whether JT/O'B and JW/BO'D knew each other directly, but it is a good possibility.

With that knowledge in mind, their statements read rather differently.

Lance De Boils

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 04.08.13 21:34

Lance, if you know of this information, and it is correct, then shouldn't it be passed on to the SY team?

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 04.08.13 21:41

Here's-a clip from the Vanity Fair Interview mentioning the above.

Besides, by May 15 the police (with the help of a suspicious British journalist from the Sunday Mirror) believed they had found their man: Robert Murat, a mild, slightly plump Englishman of 33 with a detached retina who lives with his mother in a large villa with a lush garden three minutes from the resort. He was declared an arguido—a status he holds to this day, along with the McCanns—and brought in to the police station for 19 hours of interrogation, say his relatives, with no food or sleep. 

There, I learn on good authority, three of the Tapas Nine were put into a room with Murat, and each of them identified him as a man they’d seen hanging about the resort in the hours after Madeleine vanished. One of the witnesses, Fiona Payne, told police she’d actually seen him behind the McCanns’ villa that night, and recalled his “dodgy eye.” Another, Russell O’Brien, claimed Murat had said he spoke Portuguese as well as English, which is in fact the case. The McCann friends were not alone in their suspicions. By late December it emerged that three other witnesses claimed to have seen Murat near the McCanns’ villa apartment the night of the abduction. 

It is part of the odd dynamic of this story that when I phone[b style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; "] Sally Eveleigh, Murat’s cousin, [/b]who also lives in Praia da Luz, her first remark is that she cannot utter a syllable about Murat without the O.K. of her British press agent, the famously rambunctious Max Clifford. And when his blessing is secured, her second is: “Wonderful, darling, see you shortly. Robert can’t talk to you, because he’s an arguido. But we’ll have a bit of a party, won’t we?” 

When I arrive at her massive house, lined with rosy tile and Moroccan rugs, Sally greets me in floor-length blue voile trimmed with pretty stones. And the party includes Murat: five feet 10 inches, dark-haired, wearing beige trousers, serving us tea, wine, and cigarettes. 

“[b style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; "]All I can say,” says Murat, “is that I am innocent.[/b] There is no way I was at the resort that night. Full stop. I was in my mother’s kitchen until one a.m. Yes, we are a kitchen kind of family. I spent the night at the house.” As an arguido he cannot reveal more. But he does drive me around and point out the major landmarks of the case. “That’s the apartment from which Madeleine vanished,” he says. “That’s my mother’s villa.” The police ransacked the place four months ago and came up with nothing.

Unquote

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance De Boils on 04.08.13 22:05

candyfloss wrote:Lance, if you know of this information, and it is correct, then shouldn't it be passed on to the SY team?

Taken care of a fair time before I wrote it on this forum. yes

Lance De Boils

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 04.08.13 22:22

@Lance De Boils wrote:
candyfloss wrote:Lance, if you know of this information, and it is correct, then shouldn't it be passed on to the SY team?
 Taken care of a fair time before I wrote it on this forum.
Confirmed.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 05.08.13 11:43

@tigger wrote:Here's-a clip from the Vanity Fair Interview mentioning the above.

Besides, by May 15 the police (with the help of a suspicious British journalist from the Sunday Mirror) believed they had found their man: Robert Murat, a mild, slightly plump Englishman of 33 with a detached retina who lives with his mother in a large villa with a lush garden three minutes from the resort. He was declared an arguido—a status he holds to this day, along with the McCanns—and brought in to the police station for 19 hours of interrogation, say his relatives, with no food or sleep. 

There, I learn on good authority, three of the Tapas Nine were put into a room with Murat, and each of them identified him as a man they’d seen hanging about the resort in the hours after Madeleine vanished. One of the witnesses, Fiona Payne, told police she’d actually seen him behind the McCanns’ villa that night, and recalled his “dodgy eye.” Another, Russell O’Brien, claimed Murat had said he spoke Portuguese as well as English, which is in fact the case. The McCann friends were not alone in their suspicions. By late December it emerged that three other witnesses claimed to have seen Murat near the McCanns’ villa apartment the night of the abduction. 

It is part of the odd dynamic of this story that when I phone[b style="padding-bottom: 0px; margin: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-top: 0px"] Sally Eveleigh, Murat’s cousin, [/b]who also lives in Praia da Luz, her first remark is that she cannot utter a syllable about Murat without the O.K. of her British press agent, the famously rambunctious Max Clifford. And when his blessing is secured, her second is: “Wonderful, darling, see you shortly. Robert can’t talk to you, because he’s an arguido. But we’ll have a bit of a party, won’t we?” 

When I arrive at her massive house, lined with rosy tile and Moroccan rugs, Sally greets me in floor-length blue voile trimmed with pretty stones. And the party includes Murat: five feet 10 inches, dark-haired, wearing beige trousers, serving us tea, wine, and cigarettes. 

“[b style="padding-bottom: 0px; margin: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-top: 0px"]All I can say,” says Murat, “is that I am innocent.[/b] There is no way I was at the resort that night. Full stop. I was in my mother’s kitchen until one a.m. Yes, we are a kitchen kind of family. I spent the night at the house.” As an arguido he cannot reveal more. But he does drive me around and point out the major landmarks of the case. “That’s the apartment from which Madeleine vanished,” he says. “That’s my mother’s villa.” The police ransacked the place four months ago and came up with nothing.

Unquote

Is Sally Eveleigh Murats cousin or is she is sister?

Snipped:
"And some of us may even be aware that there is a 'Sally Eveleigh' (the name of Murat's sister) who does fundraising in Plymouth for a Christian Adoption Agency called 'Familes For Children'.

http://aangirfan.blogspot.co.uk/search?q=Plymouth

Other Plymouth connectios too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 05.08.13 12:06

I understand that Sally Eveleigh is his cousin. 

www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/ROBERT_MURAT.htm#m7

About three-quarters of the way down.

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 05.08.13 12:36

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:I understand that Sally Eveleigh is his cousin. 

I only posted that clip to show how relaxed the Murats and Eveleighs were imo at the time. The article was published in January 08, the interview took place in September 07 and some time in between I take it, Julie Burchill travelled to PdL to meet the other players.

Her description of the dinner party, the general atmosphere is almost festive! I think she is a very observant journalist.

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 05.08.13 12:49

@tigger wrote:

I only posted that clip to show how relaxed the Murats and Eveleighs were imo at the time. The article was published in January 08, the interview took place in September 07 and some time in between I take it, Julie Burchill travelled to PdL to meet the other players.

Her description of the dinner party, the general atmosphere is almost festive! I think she is a very observant journalist.

Robert Murat's mother, was Jennifer A Eveleigh, before she married John H Q Murat, in Surrey, in 1967

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BerylJ on 05.08.13 12:59

It looks from that link that he has an Aunt Sally as well as a cousin Sally.

BerylJ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance De Boils on 05.08.13 13:03

Have you seen the "MI6 involvement" thread? I posted some interesting info there. [Well, I found it interesting.]

Lance De Boils

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 05.08.13 13:20

Thanks to all for info on Sally Eveleigh.

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 05.08.13 13:22

Cherry Blossom wrote:Thanks to all for info on Sally Eveleigh.

Cherry, there's a bit more. I don't know if this has been posted in the past, but it can't do any harm to post it again:

http://minnea.blogspot.co.uk/2008/10/exeter-connectionsally-eveleigh.html

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 05.08.13 13:56

@sallypelt wrote:
Cherry Blossom wrote:Thanks to all for info on Sally Eveleigh.

Cherry, there's a bit more. I don't know if this has been posted in the past, but it can't do any harm to post it again:

http://minnea.blogspot.co.uk/2008/10/exeter-connectionsally-eveleigh.html

Thanks for link sallypelt, I've not seen it before. I'm going to have another read.

One paragraph I noticed was

I think there is reason to examine this Exeter-Plymouth connection more. Murat spent ten days with his sister Samantha in Exeter, Devon, and worked on a house his mother Jennifer, 71, owns in nearby Sidmouth. Murat returned to Portugal two days before Maddie vanished. I think it is quite special. And I remember he didn't returned alone, it has been said bald playground man (GNR-officer) was with him

I've read some where before that Murat didn't travel alone, but didn't know if it was with a male or female. Why on earth would a GNR officer be with him?

Back to top Go down

who is the man behind RobertMurat on this picture?

Post by worriedmum on 05.08.13 16:29

worriedmum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 05.08.13 16:45

Surely not the same man !

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 05.08.13 16:51

Some people think the playground man might be Raj Balu, another holidaymaker though there are no known photos to compare, and others reckon it's Tuck Price, a friend of Robert Murat who acted as his spokesman.

The woman laughing with her hand up in the other photo looks a bit like Kate!

Back to top Go down

jail

Post by marconi on 05.08.13 23:34

A man has been jailed in the UK because he lied to the police, obstructing their work.
It is about Tia Sharp's probe, read sky news of today's.
I hope that Tanner, O'Brian and the rest of Tapas 5 will be arrested too.
Lying to police is a very serious crime, they have to pay for that.
And they new that the body was hidden.

marconi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 06.08.13 12:59

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:Some people think the playground man might be Raj Balu, another holidaymaker though there are no known photos to compare, and others reckon it's Tuck Price, a friend of Robert Murat who acted as his spokesman.

The woman laughing with her hand up in the other photo looks a bit like Kate!

Not heard  of those two names before, looking at these photos of Tuck Price I think it's possible he's the man in the
playground

TUCK PRICE
Madeleine: police plea for tourists’ holiday snaps
HERALD 22-05-07
TUCK PRICE ,
ROBERT MURAT'S FRIEND

TUCK PRICE
Tuck Price has been acting as a spokesman for Jenny and Robert Murat since their house was searched on Monday, May 14, and has known the family for more than 10 years. On 2nd June, the Dail Mail also described him as "Murat's gay American designer friend. He has British passport which can be seen in the second photograph. Tuck Price described Sergey Malinka as a "sweet kid" who had set up Murat's website.

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum