The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

Regards,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Tanner, O'Brien, Wilkins, O'Donnell.

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tanner, O'Brien, Wilkins, O'Donnell.

Post by Lance De Boils on 13.07.13 15:40

I happen to know that JT/O'B share mutual friends with JW/BO'D.

I do not wish to put their mutual friends' names here. I also cannot reveal here how I know this.

But that they share mutual friends is a FACT. I have verified this and have shared the details with PeterMac, who can back up what I have written above.

What I do not know for sure yet, is whether JT/O'B and JW/BO'D knew each other directly, but it is a good possibility.

With that knowledge in mind, their statements read rather differently.

yes

Lance De Boils

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tanner, O'Brien, Wilkins, O'Donnell.

Post by PeterMac on 13.07.13 17:07

Indeed. I have seen the proof, which is, or was, in the public domain.

Sharing a common friend is not, of course the same as knowing the other person, but it is a fascinating insight

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 13.07.13 21:41

Interesting indeed; so many coincidences in this case. I'm also interested to know if any proof can be found of a prior connection between JT/ RO'B and Robert Murat in the Exeter area.

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 13.07.13 23:14

I would like to bet that a lot gets Whooshed in the next few days. Luckily there are screen shots !

ALWAYS take a screen shot On a Mac is it Shift Cmd / alt, 3
And it is preserved for all time. Not even Carter-Ruck can delete it. (Hello Kevin, all OK ? Silver futures looking good, holding nicely at around 19 - 20 per piece.)
Just store it away in a special folder.
One day, who knows . . .

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 13.07.13 23:24

Apple [CMD]/Shift/3 will do. Push all of the keys at the same time. You don't need piano-fingers to do that winkwink 
Apple [CMD]/Shift/4 will give you the opportunity to select and copy part of the screen. Drag the "+" around the selection.
Do try it.
It's kind of fun ...

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 13.07.13 23:28

Châtelaine wrote:Apple [CMD]/Shift/3 will do. Push all of the keys at the same time. You don't need piano-fingers to do that winkwink 
Apple [CMD]/Shift/4 will give you the opportunity to select and copy part of the screen. Drag the "+" around the selection.
Do try it.
It's kind of fun ...

Unless you are a lawyer trying to make a case for the defence !

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 13.07.13 23:34

@PeterMac wrote:
Châtelaine wrote:Apple [CMD]/Shift/3 will do. Push all of the keys at the same time. You don't need piano-fingers to do that winkwink 
Do try it.
It's kind of fun ...

Unless you are a lawyer trying to make a case for the defence !
spit coffee

ETA there's no emoticon for splitting a jolly good Bordeaux ...

Back to top Go down

Post by guest. on 14.07.13 1:02

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:Interesting indeed; so many coincidences in this case. I'm also interested to know if any proof can be found of a prior connection between JT/ RO'B and Robert Murat in the Exeter area.

Far too many coincidences IMO too, it does put their statements in a whole new light

Wonder if we'll all be suprised when/if we find out what connects everybody that was there that week

guest.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by guest. on 14.07.13 1:05

I've always thought Murat came back as he got told that something interesting was happening in PDL that week and maybe he had a chance to earn some cash

IMO he didn't to come back to help in the cover up as I trust GA when he says she was last seen alive on 3 May 5.30pm

guest.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by IKNOWWHATHAPPENED on 14.07.13 9:01

Interesting thread.

Ive been interested in Jez and O'donnell since the night they were informed that Madeleine was missing and no there was nothing they could do to help.

Do we have any information on the movements/telephone communications of Jez and Odonnell ?

IKNOWWHATHAPPENED

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 23.07.13 10:31

It's worth recapping on what O'Donnell said in 2007, and then compare it with what is in the PJ files:

Published: 14 December 2007

Gerry McCann told a fellow tourist in the minutes before Madeleine vanished he would never have left her alone if he had not been on holiday with friends.

Bridget O'Donnell, who befriended Kate and Gerry McCann while staying at the same resort, today broke her silence to declare the couple innocent.
She described Mr McCann as "relaxed and friendly" at a time when police have claimed Madeleine was already dead in the apartment.
Ms O'Donnell, who worked as a producer on BBC1's Crimewatch, revealed that she had debated with the McCanns the childcare arrangements at the Ocean Club in Praia da Luz and recalled admiring them for leaving their children to sleep in their apartment as they ate at a tapas restaurant nearby.
Scroll down for more ...
Gerry and Kate McCann: 'relaxed and friendly'
Encounter: Jeremy Wilkins spoke to Gerry McCann
"I admired them, in a way, for not being paranoid parents, but I decided that our apartment was too far off even to contemplate it," Ms O'Donnell said.
She and her partner Jeremy Wilkins saw Gerry and Kate McCann by the pool hours before Madeleine disappeared. "We watched them idly - they had a lot of time for people, they listened," Ms O'Donnell said.
"Kate was calm, still, quietly beautiful. Gerry was confident, proud, silly, strong."
Ms O'Donnell also told for the first time of a crucial encounter that night between Mr Wilkins and Mr McCann just a few minutes before Madeleine went missing.
Mr Wilkins, a television producer, was taking his baby son for a walk in a buggy to try to get him to sleep when he bumped into Mr McCann outside their holiday apartment. Though they were not part of the McCann's group of friends - whom they nicknamed "the Doctors" - Mr Wilkins had played tennis with Mr McCann.
The chance meeting on the night Madeleine vanished has been subject to endless speculation and is critical in confirming timings.
Ms O'Donnell, writing in today's Guardian, said: "Gerry was on his way back from checking on his children and the two men stopped to have a chat. They talked about daughters, fathers, families.
"Gerry was relaxed and friendly. They discussed their baby-sitting dilemmas at the resort and Gerry said that he and Kate would have stayed in too if they had not been on holiday in a group."
Ms O'Donnell told how she and her partner were in their holiday apartment when Madeleine was discovered missing at 10pm on 3 May by Mrs McCann.
"We ate, drank wine, watched a DVD and then went to bed. On the ground floor, a completely catastrophic event was taking place. On the fourth floor of the next block, we were completely oblivious."
They were woken in the night by a friend of the McCanns to help with the search, and shared in the shock and distress that overwhelmed the Mark Warner resort the next morning.
A policeman called with a translator, who turned out to be Robert Murat - soon to be the first official suspect in the case.
He "had a squint and sweated slightly," said Ms O'Donnell. "He was breathless, perhaps a little excited... He reminded me of a boy in my class who was bullied."
Ms O'Donnell criticised police for basic errors, saying that one officer did not appear to have a notebook but wrote their details instead on a scrap of paper, and that he mistook a photocopied picture of Madeleine which she had been given during the search for a photograph of her own daughter.
"My heart sank for the McCanns," she said when reflecting on the quality of the police investigation.
Madeleine vanished on May 3, turning the McCanns' lives to horror
Ms O'Donnell said that two days after Madeleine vanished the appearance of the McCanns - later made official suspects - was in complete contrast to their relaxed manner even in the minutes before the alarm was raised.
"The physical transformation of these two human beings was sickening... Kate's back and shoulders, her hands, her mouth had reshaped themselves into the angular-manifestation of a silent scream," she said, reinforcing claims that Mrs McCann could not be implicated in her daughter's disappearance because even an actor could not fake such anguish.
"Gerry was upright, his lips now drawn into a thin, impenetrable line."
Ms O'Donnell also dispelled conspiracy theories, declaring: "There were no drug-fuelled 'swingers' on our holiday - there was a bunch of ordinary parents worrying about sleep patterns."
Ms O'Donnell added: "Throughout all this I have believed that Gerry and Kate McCann are innocent.
"Secure in our banality, none of us imagined we were being watched. One group made a disastrous decision; Madeleine was vulnerable and was chosen. But in the face of such desperate audacity, it could have been any of us."

UNQUOTE

Now, why did she say "on our holiday". I understand that they didn't know the Tapas 9 before. If they didn't know the Tapas 9 before 28 April, 2007, how did she know what they were up to? After all, by  JW's own admission, he wasn't part of the group, and only played tennis with GM on occasions.

Also, O'Donnell is quick to implicate Murat.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/madeleine-witness-breaks-her-silence-i-am-certain-that-kate-mccann-is-innocent-7300663.html

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Praiaaa on 23.07.13 10:55

How despicable to refer disparagingly to RM as looking like a boy who was bullied. Casual disdain for the victim of a bully - what an unlovely person she is.

Praiaaa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 23.07.13 10:56

I can't seem to find an independent PJ file on Bridget O'Donnell. All that's been said about her in the files, is said by Jeremy Wilkins.

Can anyone point me in the direction of an independent O'Donnell file, please?

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 23.07.13 12:44

For those who are interested, Bridget O'Donnell has just launched a book. Very interesting, too:

http://bridget-odonnell.com/

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance De Boils on 23.07.13 13:15

@sallypelt wrote:I can't seem to find an independent PJ file on Bridget O'Donnell. All that's been said about her in the files, is said by Jeremy Wilkins.

I've looked before for any statements by her and couldn't find any. All we have is that fluffy self-written work of fiction newspaper article.

Lance De Boils

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance De Boils on 23.07.13 13:16

@Praiaaa wrote:How despicable to refer disparagingly to RM as looking like a boy who was bullied. Casual disdain for the victim of a bully - what an unlovely person she is.

Indeed.

Lance De Boils

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 23.07.13 13:27

@Lance De Boils wrote:
@sallypelt wrote:I can't seem to find an independent PJ file on Bridget O'Donnell. All that's been said about her in the files, is said by Jeremy Wilkins.

I've looked before for any statements by her and couldn't find any. All we have is that fluffy self-written work of fiction newspaper article.

http://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t5737-bridget-o-donnell

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 23.07.13 13:34

@tigger wrote:
@Lance De Boils wrote:

http://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t5737-bridget-o-donnell

Why didn't the PJ take a statement from Bridget O'Donnell? Why is HER PARTNER, Jeremy Wilkins speaking for her? I find this all so strange!

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 23.07.13 13:38

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:Interesting indeed; so many coincidences in this case. I'm also interested to know if any proof can be found of a prior connection between JT/ RO'B and Robert Murat in the Exeter area.

This is very interesting connection:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/532112/The-Exeter-connection-Robert-Murat-Maddie.html

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll on 23.07.13 14:41

How very strange. BOD's writing style similar in many respects to that of Kate McCann. The bold is mine and I will post examples of Kate's writing asap for comparison. Imo what I have highlighted is pure Kate.

"Gerry was on his way back from checking on his children and the two men stopped to have a chat. They talked about daughters, fathers, families.
"Gerry was relaxed and friendly. They discussed their baby-sitting dilemmas at the resort and Gerry said that he and Kate would have stayed in too if they had not been on holiday in a group."
Ms O'Donnell told how she and her partner were in their holiday apartment when Madeleine was discovered missing at 10pm on 3 May by Mrs McCann.
"We ate, drank wine, watched a DVD and then went to bed. On the ground floor, a completely catastrophic event was taking place. On the fourth floor of the next block, we were completely oblivious."
They were woken in the night by a friend of the McCanns to help with the search, and shared in the shock and distress that overwhelmed the Mark Warner resort the next morning.
A policeman called with a translator, who turned out to be Robert Murat - soon to be the first official suspect in the case.
He "had a squint and sweated slightly," said Ms O'Donnell. "He was breathless, perhaps a little excited... He reminded me of a boy in my class who was bullied."
Ms O'Donnell criticised police for basic errors, saying that one officer did not appear to have a notebook but wrote their details instead on a scrap of paper, and that he mistook a photocopied picture of Madeleine which she had been given during the search for a photograph of her own daughter.
"My heart sank for the McCanns," she said when reflecting on the quality of the police investigation.
Ms O'Donnell said that two days after Madeleine vanished the appearance of the McCanns - later made official suspects - was in complete contrast to their relaxed manner even in the minutes before the alarm was raised.
"The physical transformation of these two human beings was sickening... Kate's back and shoulders, her hands, her mouth had reshaped themselves into the angular-manifestation of a silent scream," she said, reinforcing claims that Mrs McCann could not be implicated in her daughter's disappearance because even an actor could not fake such anguish.
Ms O'Donnell also dispelled conspiracy theories, declaring: "There were no drug-fuelled 'swingers' on our holiday - there was a bunch of ordinary parents worrying about sleep patterns."
Ms O'Donnell added: "Throughout all this I have believed that Gerry and Kate McCann are innocent.
"Secure in our banality, none of us imagined we were being watched. One group made a disastrous decision; Madeleine was vulnerable and was chosen. But in the face of such desperate audacity, it could have been any of us."

UNQUOTE

Now, why did she say "on our holiday". I understand that they didn't know the Tapas 9 before. If they didn't know the Tapas 9 before 28 April, 2007, how did she know what they were up to? After all, by  JW's own admission, he wasn't part of the group, and only played tennis with GM on occasions.

WHY INDEED ?

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll on 23.07.13 15:19

From BOD 

The physical transformation of these two human beings was sickening... Kate's back and shoulders, her hands, her mouth had reshaped themselves into the angular-manifestation of a silent scream,"

From " madeleine " by Kate McCann :

Gerry was distraught now.  He was on his knees, sobbing, his head hung low.....It was excruciating to see him like this. "

It is not only the use of language but the rhythm of the sentences, so very similar imo.

from BOD  :

We ate, drank wine, watched a DVD and then went to bed. On the ground floor, a completely catastrophic event was taking place. On the fourth floor of the next block, we were completely oblivious."

from " madeleine " by Kate McCann  :

"She was wearing an outfit I'd bought especially for her holiday..... she was striding ahead of Fiona and me... I was following her with my eyes, admiring her. I wonder now, the nausea rising in my throat, if someone else was doing the same."

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown on 23.07.13 15:24

@russiandoll wrote:How very strange. BOD's writing style similar in many respects to that of Kate McCann. The bold is mine and I will post examples of Kate's writing asap for comparison. Imo what I have highlighted is pure Kate.

"Gerry was on his way back from checking on his children and the two men stopped to have a chat. They talked about daughters, fathers, families.

UNQUOTE

WHY INDEED ?

re your lines in bold and a lot of the other sentences - it sounds like BOD is writing a crime thriller with all of the flowery descriptions rather than giving a statement about people she apparently didn't know.

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"

Newintown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 23.07.13 15:36

Perhaps she gave Kate a helping hand with her book? Especially as a book was announced as early as 2008 (april I believe). Originally it was going to be titled 'Our year of Hell'.

The similarity of style - interesting!

That remark about the uncomfortable policeman and Kate calling them Tweedledee and Tweedledum. Too similar to be coincidence?

That piece of fiction O'Donnell wrote was in December 07 I believe. The damage control in full flow.

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 23.07.13 15:45

I was about to ask if she could have helped with Kate's book.

Maybe they both enrolled on the same course for learning how to write novels in the Barbara Cartland style; not I hasten to add that Barbara had an imagination lurid enough to mention some of the things that Kate did.

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown on 23.07.13 15:49

@tigger wrote:Perhaps she gave Kate a helping hand with her book? Especially as a book was announced as early as 2008 (april I believe). Originally it was going to be titled  'Our year of Hell'.

The similarity of style - interesting!

That remark about the uncomfortable policeman and Kate calling them Tweedledee and Tweedledum. Too similar to be coincidence?

That piece of fiction O'Donnell wrote was in December 07 I believe. The  damage control in full flow.

That thought went through my head as well, when russiandoll compared the likeness of writing styles. If KM and BOD weren't supposed to know each other, why would you help someone write a book when you've only had a few conversations with them on holiday. How did BOD not know whether KM & GM were involved in Madeleine's disappearance.

I think there's more to the relationship than what has been said, too many coincidences in this whole charade.

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"

Newintown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum