The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Barry George Loses Compensation Bid

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Barry George Loses Compensation Bid

Post by tiny on 10.07.13 8:56

@bobbin wrote:
@Cherry wrote:London Evening Standard

Barry George

Published: 13 June 2013

In an article entitled "We did all we could to catch Jill Dando's killer and we did it twice" (May 17 2013) we quoted statements made by DCI Hamish Campbell, the officer in charge of the investigation. There was no intention to suggest that the jury's acquittal of Barry George for the murder of Jill Dando was in any doubt and we apologise to Mr George for any implication otherwise.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/barry-george-8657417.html
Good Find Cherry, an apology at least, but will it now lead to Barry George's family being able to help him get compensation. This is MOST bizarre. In normal circumstances, compensation is paid as a form of reparation. WHY NOT HERE.sad

perhaps the police are trying to hide their corruptness

tiny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 10.07.13 9:55

None of this makes any sense to me. 

I admit that I know very little about this case but if Barry George was deliberately set up to be the patsy, why wasn't an unfortunate accident/prisoner attack/suicide arranged to shut him up permanently?

As things stand now, he is an angry wronged man with little left to lose which makes him dangerous ...if he was a patsy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 10.07.13 10:10

As I've said before, I love a good conspiracy theory but I'm not yet convinced that Barry George was deliberately set up.

It was unfortunate that he lived near Jill and had a history of inappropriate behaviour towards women - I doubt that otherwise he would have come under suspicion.

Does anyone else remember the tragic story of Marie Wilks who was murdered 25 years ago?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/herefordandworcester/content/articles/2008/05/14/m50_marie_wilks_timeline_feature.shtml

I felt with that case too the wrong person had been convicted - and he also was later cleared.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry on 10.07.13 21:58

Hi bobbin, the links re George I got from twitter as there was a great deal of discussion about it on there. I think the reason why compensation not paid is they want to make the public believe it was him who did it and give the impression they don't believe he should have been cleared. If they pay him compensation it is admitting that he didn't do it and more people are going to be asking questions about the case and who did it. Ross it seems was brought in as an established BBC figure that would perhaps sway people into believing him when he was doing his best to convince everyone that George did it.  As has been said a number of concerns have since arisen about the character of Nick Ross and his connections.

Cherry

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jd on 11.07.13 0:08

@Cherry wrote:Hi bobbin, the links re George I got from twitter as there was a great deal of discussion about it on there. I think the reason why compensation not paid is they want to make the public believe it was him  who did it and give the impression they don't believe he should have been cleared. If they pay him compensation it is admitting that he didn't do it and more people are going to be asking questions about the case and who did it. Ross it seems was brought in as an established BBC figure that would perhaps sway people into believing him when he was doing his best to convince everyone that George did it.  As has been said a number of concerns have since arisen about the character of Nick Ross and his connections.

This is exactly it

jd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 17.07.13 12:00

http://www.itv.com/news/2013-07-17/barry-george-wants-justice-for-jill-dandos-family/

A brief clip of an interview which is quite long enough as it's with Lorraine Kelly!

Back to top Go down

Post by tasprin on 21.07.13 20:45

IIRC many Operation Grange officers are from the same team that investigated the Jill Dando case. Clarence Mitchell was a close friend of Jill Dando and reported on the investigation into her murde. I wonder how well Mitchell knows the officers - Andy Redwood for instance - working on the Grange review/investigation. There seems to be quite a bit of leaking going on...where is it coming from?

From the MIRROR

Jill Dando murder witness comes forward to claim detectives IGNORED his
evidence    

21 Jul 2013        

Barry Lindsey says he was driving past the Crimewatch presenter’s home when he saw her looking terrified as her killer confronted her

A vital witness believed to be the last person to see Jill Dando alive moments before her doorstep murder has come forward to claim that detectives IGNORED his evidence.

Barry Lindsey today reveals he was driving past the Crimewatch presenter’s home when he saw her looking terrified as her killer confronted her.

He considered intervening because she seemed so frightened, and hit his brakes. But he  drove on only to hear the shot that killed her as he turned out of her road.

But when Mr Lindsey – distressed by what had happened – gave police a detailed description of the man Jill, 37, had been arguing with, he says they brushed it aside because they were obsessed with nailing Barry George, later wrongly convicted of her 1999 murder.

Mr Lindsey, now a 61-year-old grandfather, says: “I told officers they needed to find a man with olive skin, dark hair and who looked like he was of Mediterranean origin.

“But straight off, they said, ‘We are looking at a local guy over this murder. He is called Barry George’. They asked if I knew him and described what he looked like. But I told them, ‘That’s not the man I saw – I am 100 per cent sure of it’.

“As soon as those words left my mouth I felt like the police didn’t want to listen any more. The way they acted really took me by surprise.”

After giving the officers a statement, Mr Lindsey never heard from the police again. Weeks later they arrested their prime suspect. Mr George, 53, was convicted of Jill’s murder and served eight years before being freed on appeal.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/jill-dando-murder-witness-comes-2071046#ixzz2Zi6GRSLl

tasprin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 21.07.13 21:43

That story is on the Jill Dando topic too. Absolute nonsense in my view.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum