The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Redwood SMILES ! ! shock horror

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Redwood SMILES ! ! shock horror

Post by PeterMac on 08.07.13 0:10

Copied as of general and important interest.
Redwood's Smile
What caused Redwood to smile, interrupting his 'dead pan' delivery of...
'They are not persons of interest or suspects they are parents who have lost their daughter'
                                                    ...which required a bit of editing?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fy5BL1Kb4BA
go direct to 4 mins 25 secs
l-azzeri-lies-in-sun.com
7th July 2013

Very poor editing ,but a very obvious smile or the left over of a good laugh before they let it roll again.

Answers on a postcard . . .

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Redwood SMILES ! ! shock horror

Post by aiyoyo on 08.07.13 2:55

Yes, indeed there is a hint of a smile. Shocking!

He did say fresh eyes and new thinking, whatever that means.
Does it mean they did not think she was dead despite the past reports and allegation, until they pooled the 3 strands together and the PIs materials are full of gold nuggets indicative of which way inclined Maddie's fate was.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 08.07.13 2:58

@PeterMac wrote:Copied as of general and important interest.
Redwood's Smile
'They are not persons of interest or suspects they are parents who have lost their daughter'
l-azzeri-lies-in-sun.com
7th July 2013

Very poor editing ,but a very obvious smile or the left over of a good laugh before they let it roll again.

Answer: the Parents are not suspects nor persons of interest!

Note: he could have said they are parents whose daughter was abducted, but he didn't.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Seek truth on 08.07.13 6:30

He is saying after 2 years, they're now going to investigate.

So the review took 2 years! Don't get it.

Why didn't  they take Gerry's advice "ask the dogs Sandra!"

lol4 Even the dogs are laughing at Gerry's joke.

Seek truth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Seek truth on 08.07.13 6:40

If we search wiki, they already mention that Von what's his name, the one who died, was already a suspect in Madeleine's case.
It also mentions that joana cipriano also went missing,under his name both girls went missing. accusing him really.

But Joana Ciprianos mother and her brother were sentenced (they mentioned they did kill her)

Are they saying the Pj made the same mistake twice, one after the other and not too far from each other? Ok so that leaves portugal with two wrongly accused mothers! 
So they say.

Seek truth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen Pinto on 08.07.13 7:41

This has to be one of the funniest TWEETS ever!!!big grin 

JillyCL@JillyCL 9m
Can You Help Us? We're searching for a patsy (any paedophile will do but preferably a dead 'un) Please Contact: #McCann #FindaPatsyCampaign
Details Expand Collapse

with permission from JillyCL

Karen Pinto

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 08.07.13 7:46

@aiyoyo wrote:
Redwood's Smile
l-azzeri-lies-in-sun.com
7th July 2013

Answer: the Parents are not suspects nor persons of interest!

Note: he could have said  they are parents whose daughter was abducted, but he didn't

Good spot that.

There was a hint of a smile, why was it edited though?

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelique on 08.07.13 8:10

I don't know about anyone else's opinion of "this" man but he definitely irritates me and this smile makes me react in the opposite way to which others have stated. That he means the opposite of what he is saying - no I don't think so. He reminds me of Gerry McCann smirking, his mouth saying one thing whilst laughing AT the interviewer. Instinctively he puts my back up.

I have absolutely no confidence in him, his colleagues or any fully paid up members of SY.

Angelique

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 08.07.13 8:21

Redwood's Smile
l-azzeri-lies-in-sun.com
7th July 2013

Answer: Maybe a give away, is he lulling them into a false sense of security?

Back to top Go down

Post by sheila.edwards on 08.07.13 8:40

spin 
Don't think he will be smiling even after all the jollys, to see what role if any, these 38 may have played, in end, esp with trial!This is going to take ages,sounds like being dragged out to me. They have had 2yrs ! Courts cant be played for fools!They only accept evidence not nonsenses im sure:spin: thumbsup

sheila.edwards

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by worriedmum on 08.07.13 8:47

Why  does the interviewer reduce the forensic results , the evidence of the dogs and the subsequent arguido status then arrest of the parents as a' rumour the parents were involved'?

worriedmum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

I like Redwood

Post by marconi on 08.07.13 9:09

I think that Redwood is ok, he is a diplomat, competent,
 careful and he knows how to answer questions.
He is in a position that  still does not allow him to tell what he knows and who the Yard is about to arrest.
He is the spokesman of Operation Grange, I think the Yard made the right choice.

If his smile does not please some of you, ok, it is your right to be negative, but such a serious case goes beyond superficiality.

He is concerned about the death of a child as much as we are.

marconi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 08.07.13 10:04

OK, from viewing the whole video once, I say ...he's good ....he's very good.

He must have rehearsed this over and over as he barely moves and keeps his face deadpan the whole (edited) time - you only have to look at videos of the McCanns & Amanda Knox (whose lives depend on being believed) to see how hard that is. I think that this is what makes him a difficult person to like because we don't get much visual feedback to his words (does that make sense?)

I did spot: 2.20 when he says did the McCanns are being kept fully informed, he is shaking his head and 4.19 when he says they are not suspects, he is nodding. 

I'm still hopeful.

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin on 08.07.13 10:33

Poe wrote:OK, from viewing the whole video once, I say ...he's good ....he's very good.

He must have rehearsed this over and over as he barely moves and keeps his face deadpan the whole (edited) time - you only have to look at videos of the McCanns & Amanda Knox (whose lives depend on being believed) to see how hard that is. I think that this is what makes him a difficult person to like because we don't get much visual feedback to his words (does that make sense?)

I did spot: 2.20 when he says did the McCanns are being kept fully informed, he is shaking his head and 4.19 when he says they are not suspects, he is nodding. 

I'm still hopeful.
You made me go back and look again.
Interesting that at 4.04 he makes a big long 'closed eye' blink.
For the rest of the time, he does not blink for very long periods of time, quite unusual skill, since people blink many times per minute, especially when NOT in front of a computer screen.
The 4.04 long blink coincides with his saying that neither the McCanns, nor their friends are involved etc.
Very interesting that the only long blink comes at that particular moment.yes

bobbin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

is daily star telling the truth?

Post by marconi on 08.07.13 11:10

It.says that the Yard wants to identify 5 people

Tanner's Bundle man
Smith's Rude Man
Man with bad skin
A Mexican
The Creepy man

is it true? where did Daily Star get it from?  From all those men themselves?

marconi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by worriedmum on 08.07.13 11:16

maybe they were told by a soothing couple..

worriedmum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sheila.edwards on 08.07.13 11:25

spin 
@worriedmum wrote:Why  does the interviewer reduce the forensic results , the evidence of the dogs and the subsequent arguido status then arrest of the parents as a' rumour the parents were involved'?

No idea, but they did play a part in whatever happened by leaving 3 children alone,changing story etc,  how can she say its cruel of people who suspect them,Sorry, it was CRUEL of parents to leave them every night IMO and many other peoples who have raised a family. these interviewers are all on same page as far as I can see anyway,  its daft and so boring/ ridiculous in uk. 2013 IMO only of course:spin:spin Don't they have to do prep work before they write articles or do interviews these days, whats the matter with them!

sheila.edwards

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Montclair on 08.07.13 11:30

IIRC, Olegário de Sousa, the spokesman for the PJ, said almost the exact same words just before the McCanns were made arguidos. He said that they were not suspects but "testemunhos" (witnesses) and that they were the parents who lost their daughter.

Montclair

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 08.07.13 12:31

(Marconi - I think you have missed the point)

Back to the purpose of the thread.
The tape has clearly been edited at that point, and quite a chunk cut out.
The question is 'what question and what answer', what exchange was cut, and what was it that had him, or them both possibly, smiling.
The cut includes the last bit of a full smile, as he gets his face under control again, but somewhere in the archives is the full exchange
Someone knows !

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 08.07.13 13:10

The thing that i don't understand is why hasn't Jes Wilkins NEVER gone to SY/Belgravia personally and told Redwood to his face that when KM has written in print, TWICE, about Gerry crossing the road to chat with him, that THAT is b**lshite.
And if that is c**p, which it is, then what other c**p have the McCanns told Redwood that is also BS?

Or put another way:
Why hasn't Redwood called in Jes Wilkins to ask him why HE lied about where he was when chatting to GM?
After all, G&K have both stated numerous times, on video (Oprah with hand gestures included) and in print, ( 2 bewks) that it was Gerry that crossed the road after coming out of the gate to apartment 5A.

Someone's telling porkies but it seems Andy Pandy and the super cops can't be bothered to even eliminate, from his investigation, this one very small thing.

Weird huh?

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll on 08.07.13 13:14

heard Redwood say near start " absolutely committed, absolutely committed to finding out what happened to Madeleine." GOOD.

He also repeated, because he was asked twice, about the rumours of parental involvement in Maddie's disappearance, that the parents were neither persons of interest nor suspects.
 He brought in their friends, despite not having been asked about them, and it does not appear that anything was edited out at that point.

He is clearly aware, despite not being asked about it, of speculation about the McCann holiday group's involvement.

I found that very interesting.

There was not a moment's hesitation about his responses, therefore probable he knew or agreed questions in advance, why he came across as robot-like with his deadpan delivery. It was as if he had rehearsed a speech.

Redwood is keeping his cards close to his chest and behaving as the professional he is.

Given the way some media are behaving, I hope they did not edit out jokes about a squad of clowns or sardine- munching foreign cops.

I can't imagine Redwood behaving in such an unprofessional manner , even if he did hold those opinions, which I doubt he does.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell on 08.07.13 13:57

The presenter says 'a rumour' that the parents were involved.  It was more than a rumour!  They were arguidos, unless Gerry has formally changed the meaning of the word 'arguido'.  Its as if George Orwell's nightmare is coming to life, the truth becomes a rumour and the lie becomes the truth!  Grrrr

Cristobell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 08.07.13 13:59

I think he was reading autocue.

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob on 08.07.13 14:02

@jeanmonroe wrote:The thing that i don't understand is why hasn't Jes Wilkins NEVER gone to SY/Belgravia personally and told Redwood to his face that when KM has written in print, TWICE, about Gerry crossing the road to chat with him, that THAT is b**lshite.
And if that is c**p, which it is, then what other c**p have the McCanns told Redwood that is also BS?

Or put another way:
Why hasn't Redwood called in Jes Wilkins to ask him why HE lied about where he was when chatting to GM?
After all, G&K have both stated numerous times, on video (Oprah with hand gestures included) and in print, ( 2 bewks) that it was Gerry that crossed the road after coming out of the gate to apartment 5A.

Someone's telling porkies but it seems Andy Pandy and the super cops can't be bothered to even eliminate, from his investigation, this one very small thing.

Weird huh?

We don't know for sure whether this has or hasn't happened.

ShuBob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nereid on 08.07.13 14:13

I did a transcript of the interview. Please feel free to correct. I've added my own comments in red.

Sky:  What has the Metropolitan Police decided to do in relation to the Madeleine McCann case?

Redwood: Well in relation to the 2 years’ work that we have undertaken we have decided to move from review erm to investigation.

Sky:  And why have you decided to do that?

Redwood: Well we, in consultation with our Portuguese colleagues are absolutely committed, absolutely committed to finding out what happened to Madeleine McCann. And we’ve been in a unique position over the last two years in drawing together 3 strands: Portuguese, UK and Private Investigator’s material. From that a va, vast quality of material is being analysed and we have identified 38 persons of interest and within that 12 who are UK nationals. And it’s from that position that we’ve been able to move from review to investigation.

Sky:  So what does this mean practically in terms of the search for Madeleine McCann. What happens now?

Redwood:  Well what it means practically is that we will be shortly serving to the Portuguese authorities following, following a judicial route erm formal request for evidence to be gathered.

Sky: What can you tell us about people  that you have found who are of interest, the numbers, where they are from and what you intend to do?

Redwood: Yes, well those 38 people in total from, from, from a number of European countries and obviously the, the enquiries that we seek to undertake will be, will be to understand more about what role, if any, they played in Madeleine’s disappearance. What I should say though over the last 2 years the review has told me is that there is no clear definitive proof that Madeleine McCann is dead. And so on that basis I still genuinely believe that there is a possibility that she’s alive and so I would ask the Public to continue to look for her. If you look on the Metropolitan Police website you’ll see the image that we presented last year to the public and all the Contact details and if the Public aren’t happy to talk to Police, and they can call crime stoppers on 0800 triple 5 triple 1.

Sky: You are confident that you can try and find her alive?

Redwood: Well, everything we are doing is focused towards trying to find Madeleine McCann , erm and there are no guarantees of any outcome but I can assure you of our absolute determination to try and establish  what has happened to her.

Sky: What about the McCann family. They’ve been involved have they? I think this question is a bit unfortunate.

Redwood: Madeleine McCann’s parents, Kate and Gerry McCann have been in close collaboration with us from the beginning and I meet with them regularly and they are fully updated as to where we are in terms of our review and our investigation.

Sky: In terms of those suspects who are of interest, erm, some of them are abroad (?), some of them are in the UK. Can you just talk to, what who those suspects are, what, where they are?

Redwood: Well, I, I wouldn’t used the word suspects, they are persons of interest  and they are a mixture of people from a number of places in Europe. And what I wouldn’t want to do today is to go into any great detail about that other th, other, other than to assure you that we are working diligently to find out more about these individuals.

Sky: What has changed erm, have you had new information, new evidence, what has changed to lead you to open this investigation?

Redwood: Well as we have worked carefully over the last 2 years through that review process  we have now processed some 30000 documents and some of those documents could have, say one page, some of them have got 100s of pages.  From that you’ll recall last year that I said we had a 195 investigative opportunities. We have now generated over 3800 actions and it’s from a careful analysis of that work that we have been able to establish new thinking and we have spoken to witnesses that have provided new evidence for us.

Sky: And the Portuguese Police have been helpful in this investigation being led by the British Police.

Redwood: Yes. We have visited Portugal on 16 occasions. The Portuguese Police worked with us. We have always been welcome guests and we are working carefully and closely together now in order to progress this case.

Sky: Some people, some people suggested quite cruelly at the time that the McCann parents might be in some way involved with the disappearance of Madeleine McCann. What can you say about the involvement of Madeleine McCann’s parents in anything to do with her disappearance?

Redwood: Neither her parents or any of the member of the group that were with her are either persons of interest or suspects.

Sky: Because obviously there was some rumours at the time but you are quite categorical on that?

Redwood: They are not persons of interest or suspects. They are parents who have lost their daughter and we are doing all that we can to bring resolution for them, to find out what has happened to Madeleine.

Sky: How, how big is the team that is involved in this and where do you go from here?

Redwood: My team, is , consists of 37 staff. That is a mixture of predominantly of police officers but also police staff as well. The size of my team will stay largely the same, erm and moving forward from here we will hopefully have a position where whilst the legal enquiries are being conducted erm by the Portuguese that we have the ability to be present while those enquiries are taking place. So I envisage a situation where a small number of officers will be present in Portugal.

Sky: And obviously there has been many years since this case. Are you still confident that you can discover what happened to Madeleine?

Redwood: We have been in a unique position in drawing those 3 key strands together that has given us the ability to see this case with fresh eyes and through that bring out new, genuinely new lines of enquiry. And I am hopeful that when we pursue those lines of enquiry that we’ll be able to bring some sort of resolution. Whether we’ll be able to solve it is a different issue but I hope that  we’ll be able to make, have the ability to move the investigation on. I wonder if he tried to say 'make arrests'.

Nereid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum