The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

media reaction and "restraint" following latest SY statement

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: media reaction and "restraint" following latest SY statement

Post by guest. on 07.07.13 8:50

This case is getting weirder by the day


guest.

Posts : 322
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2011-08-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Are these what she is tring to balance?

Post by worriedmum on 07.07.13 10:04

From the Guardian article above,
''





The home secretary, Theresa May, is expected to ignore private warnings from senior police officers and abandon the UK's membership of a European cross-border crime agency which is advising the government on the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.


May's position is regarded by some of those familiar with negotiations as particularly irrational given Europol's role in the case of Madeleine McCann, the child who went missing from her parent's holiday apartment in Portugal six years ago.
It is understood Wainwright has been personally involved in advising ministers on how best to co-operate with the Portuguese authorities, an issue which has previously bedevilled progress on the case.
Last week Scotland Yard announced that it had "new evidence and new witnesses" in the case and had opened a formal investigation. Chief Inspector Andy Redwood said it still believed there was a chance Madeleine was alive and his officers were now investigating 38 "persons of interest", including 12 in the UK, after reviewing the evidence with the assistance of the Portuguese.


Europol was formed to assist in the sharing and pooling of intelligence to prevent and combat serious international organized crime. One of its greatest triumphs was Operation Rescue, launched in 2010, which led to the identification of what is believed to have been the world's largest online child sex abuse network, leading the identification of 240 suspects and 60 victims.


However as major crime has become increasingly cross-border in nature, Europol has sought to enhance its ability to collect data from nation states, among other measures, causing concern in Whitehall.''

worriedmum

Posts : 1632
Reputation : 251
Join date : 2012-01-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: media reaction and "restraint" following latest SY statement

Post by bobbin on 07.07.13 10:24

@worriedmum wrote:From the Guardian article above,
''





The home secretary, Theresa May, is expected to ignore private warnings from senior police officers and abandon the UK's membership of a European cross-border crime agency which is advising the government on the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.


May's position is regarded by some of those familiar with negotiations as particularly irrational given Europol's role in the case of Madeleine McCann, the child who went missing from her parent's holiday apartment in Portugal six years ago.
It is understood Wainwright has been personally involved in advising ministers on how best to co-operate with the Portuguese authorities, an issue which has previously bedevilled progress on the case.
Last week Scotland Yard announced that it had "new evidence and new witnesses" in the case and had opened a formal investigation. Chief Inspector Andy Redwood said it still believed there was a chance Madeleine was alive and his officers were now investigating 38 "persons of interest", including 12 in the UK, after reviewing the evidence with the assistance of the Portuguese.


Europol was formed to assist in the sharing and pooling of intelligence to prevent and combat serious international organized crime. One of its greatest triumphs was Operation Rescue, launched in 2010, which led to the identification of what is believed to have been the world's largest online child sex abuse network, leading the identification of 240 suspects and 60 victims.


However as major crime has become increasingly cross-border in nature, Europol has sought to enhance its ability to collect data from nation states, among other measures, causing concern in Whitehall.''
That's the nub of the question.
UK doesn't need to share in information gathering.
It does it all by itself, along with the USA with its PRISM spying and information-interception of anything and everything that moves, including probably, moss growing on old cottage walls.
UK would be concerned however if its European allies started to be able to access any data on UK.
How would the 'real' paedophile network, rampant in the UK higher echelons be able to protect itself against discovery if the EU were enabled to snoop on the UK to the same extent as the UK snoops on the EU.
No wonder Whitehall would be getting alarmed. winkwink 

bobbin

Posts : 2030
Reputation : 119
Join date : 2011-12-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: media reaction and "restraint" following latest SY statement

Post by Guest on 07.07.13 10:47

How can this pulling out of Europol hinder the investigation.  They are committed until 2015, when they are not renewing, are they saying this investigation is going on longer than 2015?  Meanwhile we still have membership.


The UK will continue to have membership until 2015 but May has decided not to commit to rejoining after this date when Europol will be given greater powers.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk-news/2013/jul/07/theresa-may-leave-europol-despite-madeleine-mccann

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: media reaction and "restraint" following latest SY statement

Post by russiandoll on 21.07.13 22:56

taking up part of front page, Express 22 July, story inside.

   

____________________



             The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy


russiandoll

Posts : 3942
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2011-09-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: media reaction and "restraint" following latest SY statement

Post by aquila on 22.07.13 7:21

@russiandoll wrote:taking up part of front page, Express 22 July, story inside.

   

I know the Express front page layouts have been discussed - and let's face it they are open to interpretation - but I do love the bootlace at the bottom - 'Get Ruth Rendell's 'Not in the Flesh' at WHSmith for £1'

aquila

Posts : 7953
Reputation : 1174
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: media reaction and "restraint" following latest SY statement

Post by deafoldbat on 22.07.13 11:19

It seems that every Express article recently about Madeleine has such a 'subtle' juxtaposed headline!

deafoldbat

Posts : 85
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2013-05-19
Location : Kent, UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: media reaction and "restraint" following latest SY statement

Post by PeterMac on 22.07.13 11:28

@deafoldbat wrote:It seems that every Express article recently about Madeleine has such a 'subtle' juxtaposed headline!
It certainly looks that way.
Perhaps we should start a new thread dedicated to examining it.
The only problem is . . . I don't know how or where to find the front page like that. The on-line edition doesn't give that layout. Anyone ?

____________________


PeterMac
Researcher

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 143
Join date : 2010-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: media reaction and "restraint" following latest SY statement

Post by aquila on 22.07.13 11:50

@PeterMac wrote:
@deafoldbat wrote:It seems that every Express article recently about Madeleine has such a 'subtle' juxtaposed headline!
It certainly looks that way.
Perhaps we should start a new thread dedicated to examining it.
The only problem is  . . .   I don't know how or where to find the front page like that.   The on-line edition doesn't give that layout. Anyone ?

 Try this link Peter

http://www.ukpressonline.co.uk/ukpressonline/open/simpleSearch.jsp;jsessionid=318C9830836DE8488751423759A58421?is=1

aquila

Posts : 7953
Reputation : 1174
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: media reaction and "restraint" following latest SY statement

Post by russiandoll on 22.07.13 12:32

front pages are on Sky news site at 10.30 p.m. Even after midnight however it is always difficult to find the online version of the paper in order to read the full story, there now though  :




  British police go-ahead to start search in Portugal
SCOTLAND Yard detectives could begin work in Portugal within weeks as they step up the hunt for Madeleine McCann.
By: Mark Reynolds
Published: Mon, July 22, 2013



0Comments


Scotland Yard detectives believe Madeleine McCann may still be alive

The Crown Prosecution Service has written to Portuguese judges asking for permission for a team to gather evidence, with the help of local police.

A CPS spokesman said: “We can confirm that a Letter of Request has now been sent to the Portuguese authorities.”

It is hoped this will ease the way for officers from the UK to be based in Portugal to interview witnesses and suspects, search properties and be present should any arrests need to be made.

Portugal will now have to reply to the UK authorities and agree to the request to gather evidence over there. However there is no reason to suggest they will refuse. The Metropolitan Police has identified 38 “persons of interest” – 12 of them UK citizens.

Senior Metropolitan Police officers from Operation Grange, the inquiry into Madeleine’s disappearance, remain optimistic of making progress in the case. Announcing the full-blown investigation, Detective Chief Inspector Andy Redwood said: “It is a positive step in our hunt for Madeleine that our understanding of the evidence has enabled us to shift from review to investigation. We, and the Portuguese authorities, remain completely committed to finding out what happened to Madeleine, and everything we do is utterly focused on her best interests. We continue to believe that there is a possibility that Madeleine is alive.”

International criminal investigations in Europe are governed by two treaties – the 1959 European Convention on Mutual Assistance in Criminal Matters, and the Convention on Mutual Assistance in Criminal Matters between EU States of 2000.

Madeleine – who would now be 10 – went missing from her holiday apartment in Praia da Luz in the Algarve on May 3, 2007, as her parents dined with friends.

Kate and Gerry McCan have 'absolute faith' in Scotland Yard

The Metropolitan Police has identified 38 persons of interest

Neither Kate nor Gerry McCann, both 45, nor the friends who were eating with them that night are among the 38 people identified, police said. None of the 38 is known to the McCanns. But Kate and Gerry have said they “have absolute faith in the work Scotland Yard are doing”.

The Portuguese investigation is officially closed but authorities there are backing the new Scotland Yard inquiry and officers from both countries will work together in pursuing new leads.

A team of 37 Met police officers and staff is now working on the case. The 12 British “persons of interest” were in Portugal at the time Madeleine vanished, and are currently thought to be in Portugal or the UK. The other 26 are believed to be in these countries or three other unnamed European nations. So far the inquiry team has gathered 30,500 documents and generated 3,800 actions that they need to tackle.

Operation Grange was launched in 2011 after the McCanns, from Rothley, Leics, appealed directly to David Cameron for help from Scotland Yard.

The new full-blown investigation is being funded by the Home Office. The cost of the review so far has been put at around ­£5million.

____________________



             The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy


russiandoll

Posts : 3942
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2011-09-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: media reaction and "restraint" following latest SY statement

Post by jeanmonroe on 22.07.13 14:43

GET the COST of £5 MILLION in at all times.
Just to remind all the other parents of 'missing' children, that recieved no help, "WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER"

Where does the cost of investigating ONE 'missing' child that the mother of has said 'we don't know what happened to her' stop?
£10 MILLION, £20 MILLION £100 MILLION?
The parents of other missing children, and believe it or not there are some, would be quiet happy to have 38 exclusively dedicated police officers and unlimited resources, time and money, from their government to find their child.

jeanmonroe

Posts : 5133
Reputation : 886
Join date : 2013-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum