The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

McCann's split up?

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: McCann's split up?

Post by Lance De Boils on 06.07.13 12:21

She says she made an error.
Is that an error in the sense that it's not true, or an error because she wasn't meant to include it in her piece?

There's a big difference.

Lance De Boils

Posts : 805
Reputation : 14
Join date : 2011-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCann's split up?

Post by suzyjohnson on 06.07.13 12:25

@Lance De Boils wrote:She says she made an error.
Is that an error in the sense that it's not true, or an error because she wasn't meant to include it in her piece?

There's a big difference.

 Good point Lance De Boils

____________________


suzyjohnson

Posts : 1004
Reputation : 132
Join date : 2013-03-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCann's split up?

Post by PeterMac on 06.07.13 12:32

@suzyjohnson wrote:
@Lance De Boils wrote:She says she made an error.
Is that an error in the sense that it's not true, or an error because she wasn't meant to include it in her piece?
There's a big difference.
 Good point Lance De Boils
Indeed. There is a world of difference between saying "I am sorry I said it", and "I am sorry - it was not correct."

____________________


PeterMac
Researcher

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 143
Join date : 2010-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCann's split up?

Post by PeterMac on 06.07.13 12:34

Let's just post the original again, for the avoidance of doubt.
" />

____________________


PeterMac
Researcher

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 143
Join date : 2010-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCann's split up?

Post by Beanie on 06.07.13 12:51

Chris Spivey has mentioned the marriage break up today, he says that although it cannot be proven it was told to him by a reliable source.

Beanie

Posts : 238
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2012-02-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCann's split up?

Post by ShuBob on 06.07.13 13:06

@russiandoll wrote:shubob........I just read the rewrite...no correction as such just a deletion. what shoddy journalism !  newspapers usually print
 a small piece along the lines of  :

re: our article yesterday about Kate McCann, our attention has been drawn to the following errors, for which we apologise. We mistakenly said  a, b, c.............then print the correct info.

Precisely! That's why I said it's unclear what she's apologising for. Those of us who saw the original article know what was deleted. Katy's tweet will me a mystery to others.

ShuBob

Posts : 1893
Reputation : 57
Join date : 2012-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

who is chris spivey?

Post by marconi on 06.07.13 14:29

@Beanie wrote:Chris Spivey has mentioned the marriage break up today, he says that although it cannot be proven it was told to him by a reliable source.

 The problem is that everybody is reliable.

marconi

Posts : 1082
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2013-05-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCann's split up?

Post by sheila.edwards on 06.07.13 14:30

she got paid for that ! by telegraph and the apology imo makes it worse. :spin:oh dear hope katy whoever she is, is not his reliable source !spin

sheila.edwards

Posts : 211
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2013-04-23
Location : wirral

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCann's split up?

Post by tigger on 06.07.13 14:49

I think it's quite likely. The driving force for them to stay together has long gone. Now that KM is an ambassador for missing children she is safe enough alone as long as she doesn't talk about Maddie, May 2007 or anything that's sensitive.

Gerry imo needed to make sure Kate didn't spin out of control as she has done several times in the past. e.g. 'I know what happened', the phonecall and the dream. Gerry answered all the questions in September, Kate answered none. I think on his instruction.

I've never seen the two of them interact like two people who are at least fond of each other.  They don't interact at all imo. It's always been a presentation.

____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.

tigger

Posts : 8112
Reputation : 24
Join date : 2011-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCann's split up?

Post by aiyoyo on 06.07.13 14:59

@PeterMac wrote:Interesting.
Not in a red top either.
Now they are on their own. Can either trust the other ?
No more hand holding and squeezing of shoulders and groins in interviews.
I wonder which one CM will choose to represent ?

Neither one would think, b/c he would be in the same shit, and would need a representative for himself.

aiyoyo

Posts : 9611
Reputation : 318
Join date : 2009-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCann's split up?

Post by aiyoyo on 06.07.13 15:04

@Rufus T wrote:
@PeterMac wrote:It is, sadly, not unusual in couples who have lost a child under even more 'normal' circumstances
Guilt, blame, mistrust, different and incompatible coping mechanisms and yes - lack of ability to trust sufficiently to resume relations - all play their part.
There are many academic studies on the phenomenon

 Indeed, so the big question is, is the split for real or is it just a big sympathy play?

For real one would imagine. They must hate each other after the stress of 6 years of living a lie.

aiyoyo

Posts : 9611
Reputation : 318
Join date : 2009-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCann's split up?

Post by aiyoyo on 06.07.13 15:12

Finn wrote:I agree, Popcorn. I think they're slipping in the divorce on the back of the big story about the SY breakthrough. I wouldn't be surprised if they've been separated for a long time and one of them has begun a relationship that can't remain hidden.

What? Between who?
Fragrant Mrs and a certain hue of colour? I just can't resist it!smug 

aiyoyo

Posts : 9611
Reputation : 318
Join date : 2009-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCann's split up?

Post by aiyoyo on 06.07.13 15:20

candyfloss wrote:An apology from Katy Brand....


Katy Brand ‏@KatyFBrand 10m

Sincere apologies for the error in my @Telegraph #mccann piece yesterday. It has now been rectified.

Rectified? What was rectified?

"whooshed" is not the same as rectified!

aiyoyo

Posts : 9611
Reputation : 318
Join date : 2009-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCann's split up?

Post by aiyoyo on 06.07.13 15:24

@tigger wrote:I think it's quite likely. The driving force for them to stay together has long gone. Now that KM is an ambassador for missing children she is safe enough alone as long as she doesn't talk about Maddie, May 2007 or anything that's sensitive.

Gerry imo needed to make sure Kate didn't spin out of control as she has done several times in the past. e.g. 'I know what happened', the phonecall and the dream. Gerry answered all the questions in September, Kate answered none. I think on his instruction.

I've never seen the two of them interact like two people who are at least fond of each other.  They don't interact at all imo. It's always been a presentation.

Yeah, brilliant performance and all....it's just for show!

aiyoyo

Posts : 9611
Reputation : 318
Join date : 2009-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCann's split up?

Post by Beanie on 06.07.13 15:47

@aiyoyo wrote:
Finn wrote:I agree, Popcorn. I think they're slipping in the divorce on the back of the big story about the SY breakthrough. I wouldn't be surprised if they've been separated for a long time and one of them has begun a relationship that can't remain hidden.

What?  Between who?
Fragrant Mrs and a certain hue of colour?  I just can't resist it!smug 

 Omg it doesn't bear thinking about laughat

Beanie

Posts : 238
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2012-02-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCann's split up?

Post by Beanie on 06.07.13 15:48

@marconi wrote:
@Beanie wrote:Chris Spivey has mentioned the marriage break up today, he says that although it cannot be proven it was told to him by a reliable source.

 The problem is that everybody is reliable.

 Never a truer word spoken.

Beanie

Posts : 238
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2012-02-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCann's split up?

Post by marconi on 06.07.13 15:50

@Beanie wrote:
@marconi wrote:
@Beanie wrote:Chris Spivey has mentioned the marriage break up today, he says that although it cannot be proven it was told to him by a reliable source.

 The problem is that everybody is reliable.

 Never a truer word spoken.

 thank you.

marconi

Posts : 1082
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2013-05-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCann's split up?

Post by marconi on 06.07.13 16:11

@aiyoyo wrote:
@tigger wrote:I think it's quite likely. The driving force for them to stay together has long gone. Now that KM is an ambassador for missing children she is safe enough alone as long as she doesn't talk about Maddie, May 2007 or anything that's sensitive.

Gerry imo needed to make sure Kate didn't spin out of control as she has done several times in the past. e.g. 'I know what happened', the phonecall and the dream. Gerry answered all the questions in September, Kate answered none. I think on his instruction.

I've never seen the two of them interact like two people who are at least fond of each other.  They don't interact at all imo. It's always been a presentation.

Yeah, brilliant performance and all....it's just for show!

 Who is chris speivy, (?) for goodness sake?


I doubt if there has been a separation.  Kate makes too many Freudian mistakes. Unless both are intending to confess the truth and controlling Kate is no use anymore.
Their life at home must be unberable, guilty or not. A death of a child can destroy 99% of all of the marriages.
If a child dies of a serious illness, parents still feel guilty, let alone if they die of a homicide, accidental or otherwise.

It must be horrible.

Redwood's woords " witnesses EVIDENCE" could be the final reason of the separation. Tapas 7?

Leaving Kate all by herself with the twins, it would be again irresponsible of Gerry. She could be out of balance.

AND WHO IS THAT CHRIS?

marconi

Posts : 1082
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2013-05-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The end of a marriage made in h....?

Post by Guest on 06.07.13 16:15

This is Chris Spivey's own website.
 
www.chrisspivey.co.uk
 
He's a blogger.
 
Beware, the language he uses at times is in my opinion unacceptable.

On reflection, the Katy Brand article is so awful, I'm beginning to wonder if she is extracting the urine.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: McCann's split up?

Post by roy rovers on 06.07.13 16:35

Could have been 'off the record' or something Katy believed was common knowledge. She may have retracted it but has Kate denied it?

roy rovers

Posts : 465
Reputation : 39
Join date : 2012-03-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCann's split up?

Post by guest. on 06.07.13 17:55

I really don't understand the secrecy .

They would have had the general publics sympathy if they had released a statement saying they had decided to separate but were both still completely committed and united in the search for M and caring for S and A

Everybody is aware of the statistics for parents divorcing if a tragedy occurs to a child.

The people involved in the case will be aware and it seems to be common knowledge to everybody but the general public.


guest.

Posts : 322
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2011-08-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCann's split up?

Post by Rufus T on 06.07.13 18:10

No Fate Worse wrote:
On reflection, the Katy Brand article is so awful, I'm beginning to wonder if she is extracting the urine.

 I hear that, was beginning to wonder the same thing.agree

Rufus T

Posts : 269
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-06-18
Location : Glasgow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCann's split up?

Post by PeterMac on 06.07.13 19:48

According to another site there has been a "tweet" that the matter has rectified.

Brilliantly, someone has suggested it has been Ruck-tified.
Another rich word to add to Clarrie-fication

____________________


PeterMac
Researcher

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 143
Join date : 2010-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCann's split up?

Post by PeterMac on 06.07.13 19:52

@Rufus T wrote:
No Fate Worse wrote:
On reflection, the Katy Brand article is so awful, I'm beginning to wonder if she is extracting the urine.
I hear that, was beginning to wonder the same thing.agree

But why the hell did the Telegraph - (OK I know its the women's section, but I try to be fair ) allow it to go through.   (And why is there no Men's section ?)
Just in case anyone is confused . . .
" />

____________________


PeterMac
Researcher

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 143
Join date : 2010-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCann's split up?

Post by MRNOODLES on 06.07.13 21:05

@Rufus T wrote:
No Fate Worse wrote:
On reflection, the Katy Brand article is so awful, I'm beginning to wonder if she is extracting the urine.

 I hear that, was beginning to wonder the same thing.agree

 I just read the article.  Then read Katy Brand's bio.  And thought exactly the same thing.  She's having a laugh, there's a ripple of withering sarcasm running through the article.  Many of the problems KM has, that KB lists are KM own doing (all of them really counting day 1 but you know what I mean)

MRNOODLES

Posts : 637
Reputation : 200
Join date : 2013-07-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum