The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

McCann's split up?

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: McCann's split up?

Post by worriedmum on 05.07.13 22:23

but how on earth do you write something like that 'by mistake'?huh

worriedmum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob on 05.07.13 22:41

@worriedmum wrote:but how on earth do you write something like that 'by mistake'?huh

Exactly!

ShuBob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 05.07.13 22:44

but how on earth do you write something like that 'by mistake'?
You don't.
It is not a Clarence Mitchell controlled red Top
It is the Telegraph.

And it said what it said.

AND NOW, TO ITS UNDYING SHAME IT CHANGED IT, A FEW MINUTES LATER, WITHOUT ACKNOWLEGEMENT, WITHOUT APOLOGY FOR ERROIR, WITHOUT ADMISSION OF MISTAKE.

Those who believe they can control the internet are sadly deluded.   We live in a Goldfish bowl.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll on 05.07.13 22:46

@ShuBob wrote:
@worriedmum wrote:but how on earth do you write something like that 'by mistake'?huh

Exactly!

the same way as the lazy commentators on the case on tv regurgitate stuff from the press rather than facts, like on a panel talk show yesterday a woman criticised the PJ in the original investigation for not allowing UK police to pursue their own leads. As far as I knew it was not a UK case to investigate, their role was to assist.
 Ms Brand has regurgitated press reports which were incorrect.....there was  no hotel room, for example, but this was reported years ago, she has done some of her research via newpaper reports which contained mistakes.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 05.07.13 22:47

Well one way might be if it had been common knowledge among your news colleagues for a while but you didn't realise it wasn't official. Then the information might get past the sub editors, too - as this seems to have done. 

Or she may simply have been confusing the McCanns with another couple who have lost their child - marriage breakdown is commonplace in those circumstances, so I suppose it is (just about) possible. Seems fairly unlikely, though, IMO. I believe what was printed is likely to be true but 'unofficial', because image is very important to this pair, who know the value of good PR.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 05.07.13 23:02

@PeterMac wrote: [...]   We live in a Goldfish bowl.
You may very well be right.
Hopefully we have some teeth, more than a goldfish ...

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 05.07.13 23:07

http://www.katybrandofficial.com/home/
Katy Brand
Hi,
My name is Katy Brand, and I am a writer, actor, comedian and sometime dancer. I live in the UK and have been working in entertainment since 2004. In that time I have appeared in numerous TV shows, films, radio shows and theatre productions.
This is my website, although you can also visit my official Facebook page at facebook.com/katybrandpage. Please do have a poke around, and if you feel like it, send me a message. I always appreciate any feedback. I will be updating this site as often as I can to bring you news of what I am up to.
For now, I leave you with the best advice I can think of: swim in the sea as often as you can - I'm sure it's the secret to a happy life.
Thanks for taking a look,
Katy x

Perhaps that says it all ! ! ! !

Et tu, Telegraph !

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sheila.edwards on 05.07.13 23:08

@russiandoll wrote:
@ShuBob wrote:

Exactly!

the same way as the lazy commentators on the case on tv regurgitate stuff from the press rather than facts, like on a panel talk show yesterday a woman criticised the PJ in the original investigation for not allowing UK police to pursue their own leads. As far as I knew it was not a UK case to investigate, their role was to assist.
 Ms Brand has regurgitated press reports which were incorrect.....there was  no hotel room, for example, but this was reported years ago, she has done some of her research via newpaper reports which contained mistakes.
just watched bbc news and they said maddy case has cost 2million so far. probably mistake,Mrs  just thought, try another zero dear,thats before they discuss recent arrests !ooops and ive had glass of wine ! think best to take it all with pinch of salt. Really do think now, its impossible for any kind of whitewash at end of day in investigation.

sheila.edwards

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 05.07.13 23:09

Châtelaine wrote:

And we have much longer memories.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by guest. on 05.07.13 23:12

Popcorn wrote:

Well one way might be if it had been common knowledge among your news colleagues for a while but you didn't realise it wasn't official. Then the information might get past the sub editors, too - as this seems to have done. 

IMO that's pretty near the truth apart from they know the public didn't know but because they all know it and
probably have for a while and openly diacuss it they just missed it

guest.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll on 05.07.13 23:13

I informed Ms Brand politely via twitter this afternoon that Madeleine and her family were not staying in a hotel May 2007 also that Kate was not made a suspect in the murder of her child.

as for calling Kate McCann polite....she clearly never read about the f*****g tosser

unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

View user profile

Back to top Go down

McCanns split up?

Post by Guest on 05.07.13 23:13

Don't give up the day job, Katy dear.

I see that she's writing a novel - she will be able to ask her new nearly namesake friend for advice on that.

daft1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 05.07.13 23:23

@PeterMac wrote:
Châtelaine wrote:

And we have much longer memories.
ABSOLUTELY!

Or should I say: "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious" big grin 

Back to top Go down

Post by loopzdaloop on 06.07.13 0:06

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:Kate and Rupert Murdoch? Who cares what he looks like with all that money!

As for the article, it is one of the most nauseating ones I have ever read; quite an achievement thinking of all the others.

That Is exactly why I believe its true. As it was such a nauseating article, she would not have written anything 'hurtful' unless it was true. Unless the function of the nauseating was to allow her to slip in the fact of thecmarriage breakdown.

Let's face it, even ignoring the situation she would have lots of reasons to split, aside from the swinger rumours and Gerry sharing a pedophilic conversation with David Payne (according to dr gaspar's), or even being mates with someone such as david Payne who even the child protection expert social worker Yvonne martin found suspicious and creepy, as well as familar to her through work.. He is clearly very controlling and high on narcissism.

loopzdaloop

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by suzyjohnson on 06.07.13 0:36

Haven't had time to read all the recent posts yet, so sorry if this has already been said.

I thought something had changed between KM and GM, they used to always be together but recently Kate's been doing a lot of things on her own, tv interviews, a visit to PdL. Whether or not they were responsible for MM's disappearance, my guess is that GM wants to move on, while KM is still living in the past with regard to Madeleine. Kate does seem to be more confident to act on her own initiative now.

suzyjohnson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 06.07.13 11:15

An apology from Katy Brand....

Katy Brand ‏@KatyFBrand 10m

Sincere apologies for the error in my @Telegraph #mccann piece yesterday. It has now been rectified.

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob on 06.07.13 11:22

candyfloss wrote:An apology from Katy Brand....

Sincere apologies for the error in my @Telegraph #mccann piece yesterday. It has now been rectified.

Yeah, yeah!

ShuBob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin on 06.07.13 11:26

@ShuBob wrote:

Yeah, yeah!
What error was that Katy? If it has been removed how can we know what you are apologising for?
Surely you should have told us or would a repetition of it be seen as 'unhelpful'?spin 

bobbin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 06.07.13 11:27

TOOOOOOOOO Late!

My favourite saying is "you can never, ever, UNSAY what you have SAID"

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane on 06.07.13 11:27

@bobbin wrote:
@ShuBob wrote:

Yeah, yeah!
What error was that Katy? If it has been removed how can we know what you are apologising for?
Surely you should have told us or would a repetition of it be seen as 'unhelpful'?spin 

Yeh.....that's some impressive journalism.  It's obvious Katy Brand's done her homework regarding the child neglecting McCanns!   whistling

pennylane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tasprin on 06.07.13 11:30

Those around them will know the truth, they must marvel at their acting abilities - the split that dare not speak its name.

tasprin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll on 06.07.13 12:09

Did @ katy brand correct anything other than the marriage split? She made other mistakes in her article.

unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob on 06.07.13 12:14

@russiandoll wrote:Did @ katy brand correct anything other than the marriage split? She made other mistakes in her article.

It's questionable what she's apologising for in the absence of her spelling it out.

ShuBob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 06.07.13 12:15

@russiandoll wrote:Did @ katy brand correct anything other than the marriage split? She made other mistakes in her article.

Yeah, i noticed that too.
When she said "mar vel" she actually meant "mar sbar"!big grin big grin big grin

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll on 06.07.13 12:18

shubob........I just read the rewrite...no correction as such just a deletion. what shoddy journalism !  newspapers usually print
 a small piece along the lines of  :

re: our article yesterday about Kate McCann, our attention has been drawn to the following errors, for which we apologise. We mistakenly said  a, b, c.............then print the correct info.

unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum