The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Queen gets £2M pay rise!

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Queen gets £2M pay rise!

Post by plebgate on 29.06.13 14:01

I saw her look at one of the Chelsea Pensioner's uniforms, so to me it was an inspection.

Standing looking at a bunch of Chelsea Pensioners in my view if not a job, nor is being Godmother to a new Cruise ship.big grin 

Anyway that deffo is my last on it, waste of public money is my opinion - others have different views.

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll on 29.06.13 15:10

I am bowing out of this topic also, it always has been understandably very polarised and is bound to go around in circles. I do not envy the Royals, they can't help being who they are [ and no I would never curtsey to anybody].
 All I will say in parting re Presidential residences is that as far as I am aware there is nothing for those presidents equalling the Queen's residences, Buck Palace, Windsor Castle, Balmoral and Sandrigham. Add to those the homes of her children.
 I was disgusted with a cruise line recently, who asked the Duchess of Cambridge to launch its latest ship, using a £1,200 bottle of champagne.
 A bottle of Lambrini would have done, if they insisted on quality you can get a great champagne for less than £100.
 It is a real pity that one of her more clued up assistants knowing how these things are done did not contact the cruise company and ask what they planned to use for the launch and in response to being told about this scandalous waste of money, asked them to use a much cheaper champagne [ who reads the label at the launch after all ?], and donate the difference to a children's hospice or somewhere similar.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 29.06.13 17:17

@russiandoll wrote:I am bowing out of this topic also, it always has been understandably very polarised and is bound to go around in circles. I do not envy the Royals, they can't help being who they are [ and no I would never curtsey to anybody].
 All I will say in parting re Presidential residences is that as far as I am aware there is nothing for those presidents equalling the Queen's residences, Buck Palace, Windsor Castle, Balmoral and Sandrigham. Add to those the homes of her children.
 I was disgusted with a cruise line recently, who asked the Duchess of Cambridge to launch its latest ship, using a £1,200 bottle of champagne.
 A bottle of Lambrini would have done, if they insisted on quality you can get a great champagne for less than £100.
 It is a real pity that one of her more clued up assistants knowing how these things are done did not contact the cruise company and ask what they planned to use for the launch and in response to being told about this scandalous waste of money, asked them to use a much cheaper champagne [ who reads the label at the launch after all ?], and donate the difference to a children's hospice or somewhere similar.

Thank you. A balanced view and of course anyone may or may not be in favour of royalty. But it's as well to get the facts right. Your point about the champagne is right on the money. But that's down to the advisors and perhaps they would like to hear suggestions such as yours. It's the people such as the cruise line owners who like to make the most of the publicity and in the process exhibit their bad taste.
As far as the houses of her children go, I don't know if either Anne or Edward are on the civil list, Edward certainly doesn't seem to be very successful at anything he does, hence their falling for the spoof Arab/money scheme. Anne is extremely competent I think and works hard. Charles has his own estates, pays taxes. Friend of mine visited Highgrove once, he said it was strangely domestic, with bookcases full of paperbacks and people leaving dirty boots at the kitchen door in the scullery.
I once rented a property belonging to an aristocratic lot, the castle/house and grounds were the property of the National Trust but my 84-yr old landlady lived in a flat at the top. I'd have to ring the bell at the front door, a gothic affair some ten foot high with double doors. After some time the landlady would open one door with some considerable trouble to let me in.
Her apartment was full of left-overs from the family, the castle was empty most nights except for her, she wasn't bothered, at least the estate would survive, the title go to her nephew whom she hated and as for the rest she was relieved not to have to look after the upkeep of the place.

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 29.06.13 20:24

Fortunately I do love my nephew ... big grin 

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum