The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Horrific ordeal of girl, six, who was physically and sexually abused by 23 of her primary school classmates

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Horrific ordeal of girl, six, who was physically and sexually abused by 23 of her primary school classmates

Post by Get'emGonçalo on 01.04.10 13:03

By Daily Mail Reporter
Last updated at 11:37 AM on 01st April 2010

The girl was routinely assaulted by pupils of her own age within school grounds. (Posed by model)

The shocking case of a six-year-old girl who was physically and sexually abused by 23 of her classmates has emerged today.
The girl was stripped daily and routinely assaulted by pupils her own age in the grounds of the Welsh school.
But the school and local council said the children's young ages and lack of evidence meant little could be done.

A review has now been ordered into an inquiry two years ago which failed to remove any of the children involved in the abuse from school.
The Children's Commissioner for Wales Keith Towler said the inquiry into the case had been a 'shocking failure'.
A serious case review published two years after allegations of abuse first emerged accepted that sexually harmful behaviour had taken place.
But it said it had been difficult to establish exactly what happened.
The school and the local education authority, neither of which can be named, said the fact that the children had all been under the age of criminal responsibility meant little action could be taken.
The child's mother told how it took two years for education officials to investigate her daughter's torment.
She said she had been warned about what was happening by another mother whose daughter was also being abused.

CHILD'S MOTHER: 'I will never forget the look on her face.. the fear on her face. I said 'It is OK you can tell Mummy" and then it all started to come out. And she was telling me things that I think every mother dreads to hear from their daughter'

In an interview with the BBC, the child's mother described the moment her daughter began to tell her what had been going on.
'My daughter was just like any other little girl. I will never forget the look on her face.. the fear on her face. I said 'It is OK you can tell Mummy" and then it all started to come out.
'And she was telling me things that I think every mother dreads to hear from their daughter. It was horrendous what she'd gone through.'
The mother moved her daughter to a school in another area but it was not until she took legal action that the local authority carried out a serious case review.
She says her daughter is doing better but believes she will be traumatised for life.

Children's Commissioner for Wales Keith Towler said the inquiry into the case had been a 'shocking failure'

'My daughter was going through that every day. Every day she was being stripped, she was being physically and sexually abused every day and every day she cried out for help and nobody ever came. And I think you can't excuse that.
'How can you possibly say that is OK and nobody is answerable for that?'
The child's family say she was failed by the school and by the system which took so long for something to be done.
Children's Commissioner for Wales Keith Towler said teachers needed on-going training to better recognise such incidents and the serious case review system in Wales would be changed to help prevent similar failures in the future.
'This is a shocking failure and the bottom line is the family will never know what happened to their child,' said Mr Towler.
'We are going to review the serious case review process in Wales to make sure they are much more timely published, within a year of incidents happening, so that we get really clear for everybody involved, what happened, why it happened and what we need to do to put things right.'
The local authority concerned has said it was confident the case review had been a robust one and said the school had received excellent inspections before and after the case.
Directors of Social Services in Wales president Neelam Bhardwaja said: 'If there are these number of children involved, it begs the questions, "Where did that behaviour arise from? Why are these children behaving in this way, and are they from abusive situations themselves, which they need protecting from?" '
She said an examination of the serious case review process in Wales had been going on for the last three months and was due to be completed by June.
She said it would be looking at the overall process, not the investigation in to the six-year-old's case.
A Welsh Assembly Government spokesman said it took 'its roles and responsibilities around the safeguarding of children very seriously'.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1262745/Probe-launched-physical-sexual-abuse-year-old-schoolgirl-classmates.html#ixzz0jqiJC4HI

Get'emGonçalo

View user profile http://gerrymccan-abuseofpower-humanrights.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: Horrific ordeal of girl, six, who was physically and sexually abused by 23 of her primary school classmates

Post by Get'emGonçalo on 01.04.10 13:04

And one of the comments:

Directors of Social Services in Wales president Neelam Bhardwaja said: 'If there are these number of children involved, it begs the questions, "Where did that behaviour arise from? Why are these children behaving in this way, and are they from abusive situations themselves, which they need protecting from?" '

They may the questions that SHE feels need answering, but they're not the ones that immediately come to MY mind. Why is it ALWAYS the perpetrator(s) that people like this are concerned with, rather than their victim ?

- john, oxfordshire england, 01/4/2010 12:03

Get'emGonçalo

View user profile http://gerrymccan-abuseofpower-humanrights.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: Horrific ordeal of girl, six, who was physically and sexually abused by 23 of her primary school classmates

Post by vaguely1 on 01.04.10 13:13

Because if they're from abusive situations themselves then they are the victims, and if they are perpetuating that behaviour then addressing them with urgency will help prevent further victims.

Victims and offenders are dealt with by different people in different ways. It's not an either/or situation. imho

vaguely1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 01.04.10 16:09

@vaguely1 wrote:Because if they're from abusive situations themselves then they are the victims, and if they are perpetuating that behaviour then addressing them with urgency will help prevent further victims.

Victims and offenders are dealt with by different people in different ways. It's not an either/or situation. imho

Totally agree. They need help as quickly as possible, while still young, receptive, and not chronically hardened by their environment that they become too recalcitrant (sp) to change.

Though I find it rather hard to believe such a high number of abused children concentrated in one small catchment area, all attending same school, same class to top it all! A few maybe, but 23? And,not one of them thought of saying anything to the teachers! Unbelievable that none of the teacher even noticed the serial abuse. Werent they supposed to supervise the children, especially at that tender age, at all times, including all breaks/meal/recreation times. How and where it could possibly happen without even the teachers/carers noticing boggles the mind.

The manucipal should ordered a review and all the 23 families should be made aware of what their children did to the poor little girl, given help, or whatever's necessary to arrest the problem urgency. Else, I hate to imagine future for the ensuing generations.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kololi on 01.04.10 22:10

Hi
The thing that I find most questionable about this, as Aiyoyo as mentioned too, is at what point during the day was this happening and were the children not being supervised? Where were the teachers or the lunch ladies?

My cynical head asks if nobody was supervising so that abuse of such magnitude was happening so regularly how can anybody be sure that all of the 23 children were even involved in it?

Take care

Kololi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 02.04.10 4:19

Yeap, the school staff should be interrogated. Where were they when all this took place on school ground in bright daylight during school hours?

A whitewash would be unfortunate. Those children, if they were victims at home, need social service intervention to protect them.

I cant get my head round how children that age know how to 'sexually abuse' their contemporary?

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by littlepixie on 02.04.10 6:55

If this is true this is indeed horrific and I can't understand how this could have happened in a school setting with children so young. There was a scandal in Abergele a few years ago where a young girl was being taken to the beach and repeatedly abused by men who were travelling miles to abuse her. I remember being really shocked when my landlord told me that the thing most needed in the village at the time was a brothel.
I witnessed strange goings on in the villages and have posted before about the abuse my own child suffered.

littlepixie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by vaguely1 on 03.04.10 9:47

@aiyoyo wrote:Yeap, the school staff should be interrogated. Where were they when all this took place on school ground in bright daylight during school hours?

A whitewash would be unfortunate. Those children, if they were victims at home, need social service intervention to protect them.

I cant get my head round how children that age know how to 'sexually abuse' their contemporary?

I don't think they would Aiyoyo, unless they stem from an abusive situation, then it is learned behaviour, rather than predatory behaviour.
I wonder if there isn't more/less to this story than the press have presented. Six year olds are generally curious about their bodies, but not in a sexual way.

The chances of having 23 sexually aware 6 year olds in one class of a school is highly unlikely.

vaguely1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 04.04.10 6:14

I cant fault that Vaguely, but I'm thinking even learned behavior, six year olds are not capable of understanding what happened to them and why, let alone apply that to someone else.

There's probably more to the story, eg victim's parents exaggerating , you can understand that especially afterall it was reported their girl was made to strip by 23 sexuallly aware 6-year olds.

The point is, even if the girl was not sexually abused per se, but nonetheless subjected to humiliation of stripping, teasing and maybe prodding, then the school staff should be answerable. They were lacking and failing in their duties, and those negligents should be removed from services of looking after young children.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by vaguely1 on 06.04.10 6:43

100% agree

vaguely1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum