The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Meteorological Office admits (sort of) that it hasn't got a clue why it's got all its long-term forecasts wrong

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Meteorological Office admits (sort of) that it hasn't got a clue why it's got all its long-term forecasts wrong

Post by aquila on 24.06.13 0:45

I'm posting this for Snifferdog and Jozi. It's about the rains down in Africa. It's the only song that Vodacom (the mobile phone company) play while they place you on hold for what seems like forever.

I bless the rains down in Africa....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWfY9GRe7SI

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meteorological Office admits (sort of) that it hasn't got a clue why it's got all its long-term forecasts wrong

Post by Newintown on 24.06.13 1:46

@Tony Bennett wrote:
Châtelaine wrote: That nearly killed me! I'm still crying for laughter ...

Not being British I didn't know these guys, but I am definitely going to try and to look up all of their sketches!
Slightly, but only slightly, more subtle - this famous Morecambe and Wise sketch with conductor Andre Previn - most M&W fans would put this near the top of their favourites:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7GeKLE0x3s

I haven't seen that sketch for many, many years. I was laughing so much I had tears in my eyes, absolutely brilliant.

It's amazing how Andre Previn kept such a straight face all the way through until the end, when he did give a big smile.  They were all word perfect as well whilst the orchestra behind them were in stitches.

So many funny lines - can we get in touch with Grieg - Previn: I didn't bring his phone number.  E & E: doesn't he live in Norway, what's the code, I think it's Fingal's Cave something or other.

big grin

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"

Newintown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 24.06.13 8:16

How many weather forecasters are ever sacked for consistently messing up their job?   None. (Same as politicians).  Another con, 20 milliion for the latest computer technology, which we were told would get things spot on.    ha ha.

Some days you watch a forecast, then switch channels and they are giving a completley different view.   You could not make it up.

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum