The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

Regards,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Video -David Milliband Foreign Sec in Portugal at same time as McCanns made arguidos

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Video -David Milliband Foreign Sec in Portugal at same time as McCanns made arguidos

Post by Guest on 20.06.13 18:58

Just posting this video I have never seen before.  I can't ever remember hearing that David Milliband who was Foreign Secretary was in Portugal at the time the McCanns were made arguidos.  Another one of those coincidences.  Milliband at 2 mins into video.


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Video -David Milliband Foreign Sec in Portugal at same time as McCanns made arguidos

Post by sallypelt on 20.06.13 19:09

Friday July 6, 2007
By Padraic Flanagan in Praia da Luz

DAVID Miliband was under fire yesterday for turning his back on ­the parents of missing Madeleine McCann.

The new Foreign Secretary has failed to make any contact with the family.

His predecessor, Margaret Beckett, made regular calls offering support to the McCanns. Mr Miliband could face a carpeting for the snub from Prime Minister Gordon Brown who, as Chancellor, contacted the McCanns to promise to help “in any way he could”.

It is 64 days since four-year-old Madeleine was snatched from her bed as she slept in a holiday flat rented by the family in Praia da Luz on Portugal’s Algarve.

But the MP for South Shields – at 41 the youngest Foreign Secretary since David Owen was appointed in 1977 at the age of 38 – has so far failed to signal any interest in the case.

A source close to Madeleine’s parents, Kate and Gerry, said last night: “It’s true, there haven’t been any phone calls at all from David Miliband, which has been a surprise to be honest.

“Margaret Beckett went out of her way to get in touch, even breaking off from important talks in Washington, to telephone Kate and Gerry and let them know she could count on her help.

“Even Gordon Brown has Gerry’s mobile number and has called in the past,” said the source. “It gave the family a great boost to know that Government at the highest level cared about Madeleine.

“In the early days after Madeleine was snatched, the Foreign Office provided a lot of vital help to the family, and even now the consulate on the Algarve keeps in touch.”

But, so far, the new Foreign Secretary has been unable to find time to make contact. The source said: “If I were Kate and Gerry, I would have expected something but there hasn’t been anything.”

The source said GP Kate, 38, and cardiac consultant Gerry, 39, would never complain about a lack of support, preferring to concentrate on their campaign to find their daughter.

“They haven’t got any complaint with the highest level of Government, in fact they are hugely grateful for what they have already received from senior politicians,” said the source.

“They would never complain or say anything about it, they are just not those kind of people. Their only focus is on doing everything they possibly can to get Madeleine back.”

The parents, who have moved to a secret address on the Algarve to give two-year-old twins Sean and Amelie more privacy, have welcomed the release earlier this week of BBC journalist Alan Johnston after 114 days in captivity.

The family, from Rothley in Leicestershire, said his release had lifted their spirits while they endure an agonising wait for news of their daughter.

Mr McCann said yesterday: “It was heartening for Kate and I to learn of the release of Alan Johnston after almost four months in captivity.

“Although the circumstances of his kidnapping are very different to Madeleine’s, it still lifted us to see him being freed knowing he will be reunited with his family shortly.

“We also agree with the commentators who have stated his family have acted with tremendous dignity throughout, and Alan himself appeared incredibly resilient and composed following his release. Our best wishes go to Alan and his family.”

http://truthformadeleine.com/2007/07/fury-at-labour-snub-to-family-of-madeleine/


sallypelt

Posts : 3369
Reputation : 602
Join date : 2012-11-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Video -David Milliband Foreign Sec in Portugal at same time as McCanns made arguidos

Post by Guest on 20.06.13 19:21

Thanks sally, but it would seems that 2 months later on 8th September 2007, when the McCanns were made suspects he was in Portugal according to the video.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Video -David Milliband Foreign Sec in Portugal at same time as McCanns made arguidos

Post by Guest on 21.06.13 11:35

candyfloss wrote:Just posting this video I have never seen before.  I can't ever remember hearing that David Milliband who was Foreign Secretary was in Portugal at the time the McCanns were made arguidos.  Another one of those coincidences.  Milliband at 2 mins into video.


Thanks candyfloss, I've not seen video before and it's the first time I've seen David Milliband's name connected to the McCanns.  I don't think it was coincidence:

"The Portuguese prosecutor has admitted that his decision to let them leave the country was taken to avoid a diplomatic incident with the British government. The British Foreign Secretary David Miliband, visited Portugal the day before. The Portuguese police were understandable furious since this was clearly a political decision and they intended to charge Kate McCann.

[url=http://axetogrind-totalbollocks.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/Politics and the McCann case]http://axetogrind-totalbollocks.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/Politics%20and%20the%20McCann%20case[/url]

Blair- Brown - Branson -The McCanns and the winning tri

These three winners are - in the same order – strong supporters of Madeleine McCann parents, the little British girl who disappeared from one of the most peaceful villages on the southern coast of Portugal. The results of the poll have the merit of shedding light on how – and perhaps why – an apparently common couple of doctors continue to flout the judicial system of two sovereign democratic states, to the point of refusing to assist the British and Portuguese police detectives in finding out what actually happened to their own daughter.

http://britishspoofreportingonmccanncase.blogspot.co.uk/2012/01/blair-brown-branson-mccanns-and-winning.html

The above links make interesting reading. I still question what did GM, KM know to be able to gather all the influencial people around them? 

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Video -David Milliband Foreign Sec in Portugal at same time as McCanns made arguidos

Post by nomendelta on 21.06.13 11:45

I think it was on the 3A forum that there had been speculation about one of the Milliband brothers being friendly with the McCanns. There were a couple of photos of Maddie and a male figure was also in the photos but could only be seen from the side/behind and from that angle did look like one of the brothers but of course it wasn't conclusive - just thought I'd mention it as the brothers have been connected to the McCanns before.

nomendelta

Posts : 316
Reputation : 30
Join date : 2011-05-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Video -David Milliband Foreign Sec in Portugal at same time as McCanns made arguidos

Post by Guest on 21.06.13 13:49

@nomendelta wrote:I think it was on the 3A forum that there had been speculation about one of the Milliband brothers being friendly with the McCanns. There were a couple of photos of Maddie and a male figure was also in the photos but could only be seen from the side/behind and from that angle did look like one of the brothers but of course it wasn't conclusive - just thought I'd mention it as the brothers have been connected to the McCanns before.

Thanks nomendelta, need to do more delving, I did find this when searching:

FRIENDS OF MCCANNS ‘SCARED TO TELL TRUTH‘
The Daily Mail, 13/11/2007

 A friend of Kate and Gerry McCann wants to "reveal the whole truth" about the case but is frightened of the couple‘s political allies, a lawyer claimed yesterday.

One of the so–called Tapas Nine wants to help Portuguese police with the six–month investigation but "feels obliged to keep silent", according to the unnamed legal source.

The lawyer attacked the intervention of "certain politicians" in the case and said they had prejudiced the hunt to discover what really happened to Madeleine McCann.

Scroll down for more ... Pressure?: Kate and Gerry McCann are said to be pressuring their friends to keep silent, according to reports Read more...

Revealed: First picture INSIDE the Portuguese holiday apartment where Madeleine vanished Prime Minister Gordon Brown and Foreign Secretary David Miliband both spoke to the couple directly before the McCanns were made official suspects in the case.

Direct contact stopped when they were made arguidos in September but the Premier has been briefed on the case since then and raised it with his Portuguese counterpart last month.


The unnamed lawyer, who claimed to represent one of the Tapas Nine, told the respected Spanish newspaper El Mundo: "My client feels obliged to keep silent about what he can do to help the investigation, and not because of the Portuguese secrecy laws.

"It‘s not that he is scared of the McCanns, but the economic and political lobby surrounding the couple is truly frightening to anybody.

"What my client wants is to reveal the whole truth, but he does not mean to accuse or blame anyone, as that is the job of the police.

"The only thing he wants is to help the police discover the truth about what happened before, during and after that dinner on May 3." McCann family spokesman Clarence Mitchell branded the report "utter rubbish" and insisted there was no rift between the couple and any of their friends.

He said the seven friends who dined with the McCanns that night only had one lawyer between them, and said he had not made any of the comments.

Scroll down for more ... Four of the Tapas Nine: (clockwise from top left) Fiona Payne, Jane Tanner, Russell O‘ Brien, Rachael Oldfield. Not pictured are Matthew Oldfield, David Payne, and Dianne Webster But the legal source said one friend had broken ranks and consulted his own lawyer without telling the others.

The lawyer said: "If you take into account all of the pressure that has been placed on my client and on other people, it is perfectly natural and understandable that my client has not told Clarence Mitchell of his decision to hire his own lawyer to co–operate more closely with the police." He went on to attack the advisers surrounding the McCanns, who have led a worldwide campaign to find their missing daughter.

The London–based lawyer said: "I understand perfectly that our Government is legally obliged to help the McCanns. What I can‘t understand is that they have received help which goes far beyond what would be considered normal in a case like this.

"It‘s not my job to have to explain why and how certain politicians have intervened in this case, but I‘m afraid these interventions have been prejudicial not only to my client but also for determining the truth." He went on: "I don‘t want to accuse anyone, but there are people very close to the McCanns who are not helping them at all.

"The intention of my client is to bring to light the truth of this sad story, without any concern for who might be implicated." Last week El Mundo reported that two of the Tapas Nine had contacted Portuguese police to ask to "correct" parts of their statements.

The claim followed speculation that contradictions and inconsistencies in the statements meant that police were about to make four of the group formal suspects in the case.

Direct contact stopped when they were made arguidos in September but the Premier has been briefed on the case since then and raised it with his Portuguese counterpart last month.

The unnamed lawyer, who claimed to represent one of the Tapas Nine, told the respected Spanish newspaper El Mundo: "My client feels obliged to keep silent about what he can do to help the investigation, and not because of the Portuguese secrecy laws.

"It‘s not that he is scared of the McCanns, but the economic and political lobby surrounding the couple is truly frightening to anybody.

"What my client wants is to reveal the whole truth, but he does not mean to accuse or blame anyone, as that is the job of the police.

"The only thing he wants is to help the police discover the truth about what happened before, during and after that dinner on May 3." McCann family spokesman Clarence Mitchell branded the report "utter rubbish" and insisted there was no rift between the couple and any of their friends.

He said the seven friends who dined with the McCanns that night only had one lawyer between them, and said he had not made any of the comments.

Scroll down for more ... Four of the Tapas Nine: (clockwise from top left) Fiona Payne, Jane Tanner, Russell O‘ Brien, Rachael Oldfield. Not pictured are Matthew Oldfield, David Payne, and Dianne Webster But the legal source said one friend had broken ranks and consulted his own lawyer without telling the others.

The lawyer said: "If you take into account all of the pressure that has been placed on my client and on other people, it is perfectly natural and understandable that my client has not told Clarence Mitchell of his decision to hire his own lawyer to co–operate more closely with the police." He went on to attack the advisers surrounding the McCanns, who have led a worldwide campaign to find their missing daughter.

The London–based lawyer said: "I understand perfectly that our Government is legally obliged to help the McCanns. What I can‘t understand is that they have received help which goes far beyond what would be considered normal in a case like this.

"It‘s not my job to have to explain why and how certain politicians have intervened in this case, but I‘m afraid these interventions have been prejudicial not only to my client but also for determining the truth." He went on: "I don‘t want to accuse anyone, but there are people very close to the McCanns who are not helping them at all.


"The intention of my client is to bring to light the truth of this sad story, without any concern for who might be implicated." Last week El Mundo reported that two of the Tapas Nine had contacted Portuguese police to ask to "correct" parts of their statements.

The claim followed speculation that contradictions and inconsistencies in the statements meant that police were about to make four of the group formal suspects in the case.

All three were named as among the four who could be made arguidos, along with Dr O‘Brien‘s partner Jane Tanner, but they have all denied that they want to change their police statements.

Mr Mitchell said: "All of Kate and Gerry‘s friends speak as one, they have one lawyer and he has certainly not put out any statements on their behalf.

"None of the group have asked to change their stories and none have expressed any worries about being suppressed.

"To suggest that there is some kind of political pressure on the group to stay quiet is outrageous." A friend added: "It‘s particularly disgusting to suggest that Kate and Gerry did not contact the police because they were worried about their childcare arrangements.

"Within five minutes of Kate raising the alarm one of the group had run to the Ocean Club reception to ask someone to call the police." Meanwhile, in Portugal, police were said to be considering whether contradictions in the group‘s statements could have come from mis–translations from English to Portuguese.

The other official suspect in the case, Robert Murat, was among the translators used by police in the first days of the investigation.

The Portuguese newspaper 24 Horas said police suspected he might have "manipulated" statements made by the McCanns and their friends. His lawyer denied the claim.

But it was denied by Mr Mitchell and individually by all of the members of the group contacted by the Daily Mail.

The lawyer was said to have been hired by one of the group in September, and repeated claims that the McCanns did not call the police on May 3 until the group discussed the possible implications of admitting they had all left their children alone while they ate dinner.

Scroll down for more ... Missing: And, at the centre of it all, four–year–old Madeleine McCann, who has been missing for six months He said: "The police were only informed after the group in question analysed the problems they could face for having left the children alone." If true that a male member of the group has hired his own lawyer then it could only be Russell O‘Brien, David Payne or Matthew Oldfield

http://www.pressmon.com/cgi-bin/press_view.cgi?id=264769

More questions than answers again. Who might the friend be?



.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Who's this fellow...?

Post by missbeetle on 09.06.14 23:49

" />

A still from the video at the beginning of the thread.

One of the press called him 'David'.

David Hughes? The IAPC.org Directory 2010 for him doesn't have a photograph.

Any ideas?

missbeetle

Posts : 985
Reputation : 19
Join date : 2014-02-28
Location : New Zealand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Video -David Milliband Foreign Sec in Portugal at same time as McCanns made arguidos

Post by Naz_Nomad on 10.06.14 1:57

Cherry Blossom wrote:
@nomendelta wrote:I think it was on the 3A forum that there had been speculation about one of the Milliband brothers being friendly with the McCanns. There were a couple of photos of Maddie and a male figure was also in the photos but could only be seen from the side/behind and from that angle did look like one of the brothers but of course it wasn't conclusive - just thought I'd mention it as the brothers have been connected to the McCanns before.

Thanks nomendelta, need to do more delving, I did find this when searching:

FRIENDS OF MCCANNS ‘SCARED TO TELL TRUTH‘
The Daily Mail, 13/11/2007

 A friend of Kate and Gerry McCann wants to "reveal the whole truth" about the case but is frightened of the couple‘s political allies, a lawyer claimed yesterday.

One of the so–called Tapas Nine wants to help Portuguese police with the six–month investigation but "feels obliged to keep silent", according to the unnamed legal source.

The lawyer attacked the intervention of "certain politicians" in the case and said they had prejudiced the hunt to discover what really happened to Madeleine McCann.

Scroll down for more ... Pressure?: Kate and Gerry McCann are said to be pressuring their friends to keep silent, according to reports Read more...

Revealed: First picture INSIDE the Portuguese holiday apartment where Madeleine vanished Prime Minister Gordon Brown and Foreign Secretary David Miliband both spoke to the couple directly before the McCanns were made official suspects in the case.

Direct contact stopped when they were made arguidos in September but the Premier has been briefed on the case since then and raised it with his Portuguese counterpart last month.


The unnamed lawyer, who claimed to represent one of the Tapas Nine, told the respected Spanish newspaper El Mundo: "My client feels obliged to keep silent about what he can do to help the investigation, and not because of the Portuguese secrecy laws.

"It‘s not that he is scared of the McCanns, but the economic and political lobby surrounding the couple is truly frightening to anybody.

"What my client wants is to reveal the whole truth, but he does not mean to accuse or blame anyone, as that is the job of the police.

"The only thing he wants is to help the police discover the truth about what happened before, during and after that dinner on May 3." McCann family spokesman Clarence Mitchell branded the report "utter rubbish" and insisted there was no rift between the couple and any of their friends.

He said the seven friends who dined with the McCanns that night only had one lawyer between them, and said he had not made any of the comments.

Scroll down for more ... Four of the Tapas Nine: (clockwise from top left) Fiona Payne, Jane Tanner, Russell O‘ Brien, Rachael Oldfield. Not pictured are Matthew Oldfield, David Payne, and Dianne Webster But the legal source said one friend had broken ranks and consulted his own lawyer without telling the others.

The lawyer said: "If you take into account all of the pressure that has been placed on my client and on other people, it is perfectly natural and understandable that my client has not told Clarence Mitchell of his decision to hire his own lawyer to co–operate more closely with the police." He went on to attack the advisers surrounding the McCanns, who have led a worldwide campaign to find their missing daughter.

The London–based lawyer said: "I understand perfectly that our Government is legally obliged to help the McCanns. What I can‘t understand is that they have received help which goes far beyond what would be considered normal in a case like this.

"It‘s not my job to have to explain why and how certain politicians have intervened in this case, but I‘m afraid these interventions have been prejudicial not only to my client but also for determining the truth." He went on: "I don‘t want to accuse anyone, but there are people very close to the McCanns who are not helping them at all.

"The intention of my client is to bring to light the truth of this sad story, without any concern for who might be implicated." Last week El Mundo reported that two of the Tapas Nine had contacted Portuguese police to ask to "correct" parts of their statements.

The claim followed speculation that contradictions and inconsistencies in the statements meant that police were about to make four of the group formal suspects in the case.

Direct contact stopped when they were made arguidos in September but the Premier has been briefed on the case since then and raised it with his Portuguese counterpart last month.

The unnamed lawyer, who claimed to represent one of the Tapas Nine, told the respected Spanish newspaper El Mundo: "My client feels obliged to keep silent about what he can do to help the investigation, and not because of the Portuguese secrecy laws.

"It‘s not that he is scared of the McCanns, but the economic and political lobby surrounding the couple is truly frightening to anybody.

"What my client wants is to reveal the whole truth, but he does not mean to accuse or blame anyone, as that is the job of the police.

"The only thing he wants is to help the police discover the truth about what happened before, during and after that dinner on May 3." McCann family spokesman Clarence Mitchell branded the report "utter rubbish" and insisted there was no rift between the couple and any of their friends.

He said the seven friends who dined with the McCanns that night only had one lawyer between them, and said he had not made any of the comments.

Scroll down for more ... Four of the Tapas Nine: (clockwise from top left) Fiona Payne, Jane Tanner, Russell O‘ Brien, Rachael Oldfield. Not pictured are Matthew Oldfield, David Payne, and Dianne Webster But the legal source said one friend had broken ranks and consulted his own lawyer without telling the others.

The lawyer said: "If you take into account all of the pressure that has been placed on my client and on other people, it is perfectly natural and understandable that my client has not told Clarence Mitchell of his decision to hire his own lawyer to co–operate more closely with the police." He went on to attack the advisers surrounding the McCanns, who have led a worldwide campaign to find their missing daughter.

The London–based lawyer said: "I understand perfectly that our Government is legally obliged to help the McCanns. What I can‘t understand is that they have received help which goes far beyond what would be considered normal in a case like this.

"It‘s not my job to have to explain why and how certain politicians have intervened in this case, but I‘m afraid these interventions have been prejudicial not only to my client but also for determining the truth." He went on: "I don‘t want to accuse anyone, but there are people very close to the McCanns who are not helping them at all.


"The intention of my client is to bring to light the truth of this sad story, without any concern for who might be implicated." Last week El Mundo reported that two of the Tapas Nine had contacted Portuguese police to ask to "correct" parts of their statements.

The claim followed speculation that contradictions and inconsistencies in the statements meant that police were about to make four of the group formal suspects in the case.

All three were named as among the four who could be made arguidos, along with Dr O‘Brien‘s partner Jane Tanner, but they have all denied that they want to change their police statements.

Mr Mitchell said: "All of Kate and Gerry‘s friends speak as one, they have one lawyer and he has certainly not put out any statements on their behalf.

"None of the group have asked to change their stories and none have expressed any worries about being suppressed.

"To suggest that there is some kind of political pressure on the group to stay quiet is outrageous." A friend added: "It‘s particularly disgusting to suggest that Kate and Gerry did not contact the police because they were worried about their childcare arrangements.

"Within five minutes of Kate raising the alarm one of the group had run to the Ocean Club reception to ask someone to call the police." Meanwhile, in Portugal, police were said to be considering whether contradictions in the group‘s statements could have come from mis–translations from English to Portuguese.

The other official suspect in the case, Robert Murat, was among the translators used by police in the first days of the investigation.

The Portuguese newspaper 24 Horas said police suspected he might have "manipulated" statements made by the McCanns and their friends. His lawyer denied the claim.

But it was denied by Mr Mitchell and individually by all of the members of the group contacted by the Daily Mail.

The lawyer was said to have been hired by one of the group in September, and repeated claims that the McCanns did not call the police on May 3 until the group discussed the possible implications of admitting they had all left their children alone while they ate dinner.

Scroll down for more ... Missing: And, at the centre of it all, four–year–old Madeleine McCann, who has been missing for six months He said: "The police were only informed after the group in question analysed the problems they could face for having left the children alone." If true that a male member of the group has hired his own lawyer then it could only be Russell O‘Brien, David Payne or Matthew Oldfield

http://www.pressmon.com/cgi-bin/press_view.cgi?id=264769

More questions than answers again. Who might the friend be?



.

This needs to be circulated again.

____________________
Everything written by me is just my opinion.

Naz_Nomad

Posts : 138
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2014-05-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Video -David Milliband Foreign Sec in Portugal at same time as McCanns made arguidos

Post by Gillyspot on 10.06.14 8:05

@missbeetle wrote:

A still from the video at the beginning of the thread.

One of the press called him 'David'.

David Hughes? The IAPC.org Directory 2010 for him doesn't have a photograph.

Any ideas?
Yes it is.

http://www.buddytv.com/on-the-lot/photos/david-hughes-the-spokesman-for-the-mccann-family-speaks-to-local-38888.aspx

____________________
Kate McCann "I know that what happened is not due to the fact of us leaving the children asleep. I know it happened under other circumstances"

Gillyspot

Posts : 1470
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2011-06-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Video -David Milliband Foreign Sec in Portugal at same time as McCanns made arguidos

Post by Guest on 10.06.14 9:48

This very short thread from March 2014 is interesting re David Hughes/Milliband:-

http://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t9251-david-hughes



I think these links are very interesting. I previously tried to find the video with the Milliband 'look-alike' sitting in the Mccanns kitchen, but failed. Whooosed maybe.



ETA - David Hughes/Milliband connection also just mentioned by Clay over on the 'Latest Interview with GA thread:-
http://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t9792p180-latest-interview-with-dr-amaral-copied-from-joana-morais-with-thanks

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum