The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

Regards,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Reasons to be hopeful

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Reasons to be hopeful

Post by Guest on 20.06.13 9:38

Some newspapers are allowing negative comments.

The BBC seem to have ignored the McCanns since Leveson.

The BBC singing the praises of CSI dogs.

Martin Brunt's "murder" tweet.

Same old sightings & paedos - the names and places change but the story stays the same.

The silence of the McCanns.

That photo taken at the vigil.



What other signs are there that this is endgame?

pop2

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Reasons to be hopeful

Post by Praiaaa on 20.06.13 11:56

indirectly,and maybe partly as a result of the growth of social media and the twittersphere,  the climate is changing re people who are untouchable/too important to arrest. I don't see what secret the McCs could possess that would protect them now  -  don't buy the far-out loony stuff like Madeleine was a cloning experiment etc as were purported in the Mirror Forum days...

Praiaaa

Posts : 425
Reputation : 44
Join date : 2011-04-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Reasons to be hopeful

Post by Ayniia on 20.06.13 12:29

Poe wrote:Some newspapers are allowing negative comments.

The BBC seem to have ignored the McCanns since Leveson.

The BBC singing the praises of CSI dogs.

Martin Brunt's "murder" tweet.

Same old sightings & paedos - the names and places change but the story stays the same.

The silence of the McCanns.

That photo taken at the vigil.



What other signs are there that this is endgame?

pop2

The SY vague announcement
The Mcs reaction changing from "no comments " to being "very pleased "
Kate's trip to PDL with almost no publicity
Kate's announcement on Facebook that she's been away from the online shop for two weeks
Amaral trial being postponed for 6 months and no word about anything yet

____________________
"My advice to any British tourist ,please come to Portugal,please come to the Algarve but if you're coming as a family holiday treat it as a family holiday and do things together, don't leave the kids"
Words from an ExPat Algarve resident

Ayniia

Posts : 546
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2013-03-21
Location : Portugal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Reasons to be hopeful

Post by Pershing36 on 20.06.13 14:01

I am very cynical and have aired my views about the SY review many times.

However I am now starting to swing towards a change of direction in SY.  Is somebody else taking the helm now it is an investigation for a planned 2 years?  Have they bumped into something they feel they cannot hide from the public.  

But again I think why have they secured 2 years funding, is this to keep them messing about chasing ghosts?

Pershing36

Posts : 671
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2011-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Reasons to be hopeful

Post by tasprin on 20.06.13 14:40

@Pershing36 wrote:I am very cynical and have aired my views about the SY review many times.

However I am now starting to swing towards a change of direction in SY.  Is somebody else taking the helm now it is an investigation for a planned 2 years?  Have they bumped into something they feel they cannot hide from the public.  

But again I think why have they secured 2 years funding, is this to keep them messing about chasing ghosts?


It's difficult not to be cynical but they haven't commented on the 'full-blown investigation' and that's odd. You'd think they'd have had something to say but all we've heard from them is Clarence Mitchell declining to comment for 'Operational reasons'. Lol. That's the one they use whenever they're stuck for words. As more public money is being poured into this, they will sooner or later have to say publicly how pleased they are. Whether they mean it is another matter. I'm hopeful (for the time being anyway) that the investigation will try to find the truth.

tasprin

Posts : 834
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2013-01-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Reasons to be hopeful

Post by Newintown on 20.06.13 15:02

@tasprin wrote:
@Pershing36 wrote:I am very cynical and have aired my views about the SY review many times.

However I am now starting to swing towards a change of direction in SY.  Is somebody else taking the helm now it is an investigation for a planned 2 years?  Have they bumped into something they feel they cannot hide from the public.  

But again I think why have they secured 2 years funding, is this to keep them messing about chasing ghosts?


It's difficult not to be cynical but they haven't commented on the 'full-blown investigation' and that's odd. You'd think they'd have had something to say but all we've heard from them is Clarence Mitchell declining to comment for 'Operational reasons'. Lol. That's the one they use whenever they're stuck for words. As more public money is being poured into this, they will sooner or later have to say publicly how pleased they are. Whether they mean it is another matter. I'm hopeful (for the time being anyway) that the investigation will try to find the truth.

Could that be the reason that K & G McCann looked devastated at Madeleine's vigil on 3rd May.  Had they already been told by SY that it was now to be a full-blown investigation and were advised not to speak to the press?

They obviously wouldn't say publicly how pleased they were if they were told that everyone would be under investigation and may be re-intervewed.  Only my opinion of course.

____________________
Laurie Levenson, Quoted in the Guardian ........

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"


Newintown

Posts : 1597
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2011-07-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Reasons to be hopeful

Post by Ayniia on 20.06.13 15:35

@Newintown wrote:
@tasprin wrote:
@Pershing36 wrote:I am very cynical and have aired my views about the SY review many times.

However I am now starting to swing towards a change of direction in SY.  Is somebody else taking the helm now it is an investigation for a planned 2 years?  Have they bumped into something they feel they cannot hide from the public.  

But again I think why have they secured 2 years funding, is this to keep them messing about chasing ghosts?


It's difficult not to be cynical but they haven't commented on the 'full-blown investigation' and that's odd. You'd think they'd have had something to say but all we've heard from them is Clarence Mitchell declining to comment for 'Operational reasons'. Lol. That's the one they use whenever they're stuck for words. As more public money is being poured into this, they will sooner or later have to say publicly how pleased they are. Whether they mean it is another matter. I'm hopeful (for the time being anyway) that the investigation will try to find the truth.

Could that be the reason that K & G McCann looked devastated at Madeleine's vigil on 3rd May.  Had they already been told by SY that it was now to be a full-blown investigation and were advised not to speak to the press?

They obviously wouldn't say publicly how pleased they were if they were told that everyone would be under investigation and may be re-intervewed.  Only my opinion of course.

But since when do they do what law enforcement tells them to? They surely didn't in the first days when the PJ told them not to publicize Madeleine coloboma. The only times I heard them talking about following the police advice not to speak was when they needed a shield for difficult questions, which was what happened when MR had the fit on the Spanish interview and left the room ( being asked about the minimal traces of blood found on 5A).
I prefer to keep hope thinking that they were probably told that SY could not ignore the evidence pointing towards them. All my opinion of course.

____________________
"My advice to any British tourist ,please come to Portugal,please come to the Algarve but if you're coming as a family holiday treat it as a family holiday and do things together, don't leave the kids"
Words from an ExPat Algarve resident

Ayniia

Posts : 546
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2013-03-21
Location : Portugal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Reasons to be hopeful

Post by tasprin on 20.06.13 15:38

@Newintown wrote:
@tasprin wrote:
@Pershing36 wrote:I am very cynical and have aired my views about the SY review many times.

However I am now starting to swing towards a change of direction in SY.  Is somebody else taking the helm now it is an investigation for a planned 2 years?  Have they bumped into something they feel they cannot hide from the public.  

But again I think why have they secured 2 years funding, is this to keep them messing about chasing ghosts?


It's difficult not to be cynical but they haven't commented on the 'full-blown investigation' and that's odd. You'd think they'd have had something to say but all we've heard from them is Clarence Mitchell declining to comment for 'Operational reasons'. Lol. That's the one they use whenever they're stuck for words. As more public money is being poured into this, they will sooner or later have to say publicly how pleased they are. Whether they mean it is another matter. I'm hopeful (for the time being anyway) that the investigation will try to find the truth.

Could that be the reason that K & G McCann looked gutted at Madeleine's vigil on 3rd May.  Had they already been told by SY that it was now to be a full-blown investigation and were advised not to speak to the press?

They obviously wouldn't say publicly how pleased they were if they were told that everyone would be under investigation.  Only my opinion of course.

Yes, it's possible they knew the SY investigation was on the cards at the time of the vigil and SY may have advised them not to comment until after the official announcement. If it really is to be a proper no-holds-barred investigation into the child's disappearance then they know that they and their friends will be questioned fully and that may account for their expressions that day.

I still think they will have to publicly express their satisfaction with the SY investigation. Even if they're privately dismayed it would look strange if they didn't pretend otherwise publicly, especially since they've said on TV they want the case reopened (even though they didn't make any official request in Portugal where it matters). Any pre-set conditions would make it a whitewash, and would SY purposely destroy the investigation of a missing three year old to benefit the parents?

tasprin

Posts : 834
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2013-01-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Reasons to be hopeful

Post by Newintown on 20.06.13 15:43

@Ayniia wrote:
@Newintown wrote:
@tasprin wrote:
@Pershing36 wrote:I am very cynical and have aired my views about the SY review many times.

However I am now starting to swing towards a change of direction in SY.  Is somebody else taking the helm now it is an investigation for a planned 2 years?  Have they bumped into something they feel they cannot hide from the public.  

But again I think why have they secured 2 years funding, is this to keep them messing about chasing ghosts?


It's difficult not to be cynical but they haven't commented on the 'full-blown investigation' and that's odd. You'd think they'd have had something to say but all we've heard from them is Clarence Mitchell declining to comment for 'Operational reasons'. Lol. That's the one they use whenever they're stuck for words. As more public money is being poured into this, they will sooner or later have to say publicly how pleased they are. Whether they mean it is another matter. I'm hopeful (for the time being anyway) that the investigation will try to find the truth.

Could that be the reason that K & G McCann looked devastated at Madeleine's vigil on 3rd May.  Had they already been told by SY that it was now to be a full-blown investigation and were advised not to speak to the press?

They obviously wouldn't say publicly how pleased they were if they were told that everyone would be under investigation and may be re-intervewed.  Only my opinion of course.

But since when do they do what law enforcement tells them to? They surely didn't in the first days when the PJ told them not to publicize Madeleine coloboma. The only times I heard them talking about following the police advice not to speak was when they needed a shield for difficult questions, which was what happened when MR had the fit on the Spanish interview and left the room ( being asked about the minimal traces of blood found on 5A).
I prefer to keep hope thinking that they were probably told that SY could not ignore the evidence pointing towards them. All my opinion of course.

When the McCanns were in PDL THEY were in charge of police operations so they seemed to think and could steer the investigation into which ever way they wanted it to go (even Gerry been able to give Kate signals in her PJ interview) knowing they had full support from everyone and their dog, but now the investigation is in the UK the tide may have turned and they've been told who is in fact in charge of the operation and it isn't them!

We will all have to be patient to see what happens in the months to come, easier said than done though when we've been waiting for 6 long years.

____________________
Laurie Levenson, Quoted in the Guardian ........

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"


Newintown

Posts : 1597
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2011-07-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Reasons to be hopeful

Post by tasprin on 20.06.13 15:51

I agree with what you say Newintown. And they'll no longer be able to play the xenophobic card.

tasprin

Posts : 834
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2013-01-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Reasons to be hopeful

Post by Ayniia on 20.06.13 15:54

@tasprin wrote:
Yes, it's possible they knew the SY investigation was on the cards at the time of the vigil and SY may have advised them not to comment until after the official announcement. If it really is to be a proper no-holds-barred investigation into the child's disappearance then they know that they and their friends will be questioned fully and that may account for their expressions that day.

I still think they will have to publicly express their satisfaction with the SY investigation. Even if they're privately dismayed it would look strange if they didn't pretend otherwise publicly, especially since they've said on TV they want the case reopened (even though they didn't make any official request in Portugal where it matters). Any pre-set conditions would make it a whitewash, and would SY purposely destroy the investigation of a missing three year old to benefit the parents?
I like that clip where the Portuguese journalist asked Mr at the court door: If you want the case to be reopened you could take the step now, you're here.
And Mr made a very panicked face.

____________________
"My advice to any British tourist ,please come to Portugal,please come to the Algarve but if you're coming as a family holiday treat it as a family holiday and do things together, don't leave the kids"
Words from an ExPat Algarve resident

Ayniia

Posts : 546
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2013-03-21
Location : Portugal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Reasons to be hopeful

Post by Newintown on 20.06.13 15:56

@tasprin wrote:I agree with what you say Newintown. And they'll no longer be able to play the xenophobic card.

Our posts seem to have clashed, but I agree with you on your sentence -

I still think they will have to publicly express their satisfaction with the SY investigation. Even if they're privately dismayed it would look strange if they didn't pretend otherwise publicly, especially since they've said on TV they want the case reopened (even though they didn't make any official request in Portugal where it matters).

They're all very good at keeping up a pretence so it shouldn't be too hard work for K, G or CM.

____________________
Laurie Levenson, Quoted in the Guardian ........

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"


Newintown

Posts : 1597
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2011-07-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Reasons to be hopeful

Post by aiyoyo on 20.06.13 16:16

Maybe they are all already being interviewed quietly behind the scenes and the next announcement will be about their arrest!

That's hopeful enough I think!

aiyoyo

Posts : 9611
Reputation : 319
Join date : 2009-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Reasons to be hopeful

Post by Ayniia on 20.06.13 16:29

@aiyoyo wrote:Maybe they are all already being interviewed quietly behind the scenes and the next announcement will be about their arrest!

That's hopeful enough I think!
THANK YOU for saying what I'm thinking for something but didn't dared to say!

____________________
"My advice to any British tourist ,please come to Portugal,please come to the Algarve but if you're coming as a family holiday treat it as a family holiday and do things together, don't leave the kids"
Words from an ExPat Algarve resident

Ayniia

Posts : 546
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2013-03-21
Location : Portugal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Reasons to be hopeful

Post by Newintown on 20.06.13 16:38

@Ayniia wrote:
@aiyoyo wrote:Maybe they are all already being interviewed quietly behind the scenes and the next announcement will be about their arrest!

That's hopeful enough I think!
THANK YOU for saying what I'm thinking for something but didn't dared to say!

Me too, but didn't like to be the first to mention it. Interviewed before 3rd May maybe? I put on my previous message had they been told about SY's new investigation, hence the devastated look on 3rd May, but I really wanted to say had they been interviewed but thought I'd better not.

____________________
Laurie Levenson, Quoted in the Guardian ........

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"


Newintown

Posts : 1597
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2011-07-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Reasons to be hopeful

Post by aquila on 20.06.13 16:57

I believe arrests will be made in the not too distant future. It's about timing now in my opinion. The government has yet to publicly declare that Scotland Yard has an active investigation, the Daily Mail say the announcement will be in the next few weeks. You have to ask why that is, what's currently going on that benefits the government by not confirming the accuracy of the article - no government spokesperson has denied it.

I believe it is known who is responsible for Madeleine's disappearance. I can't believe that a review team would sit for two years just sifting through paperwork without pursuing/eliminating leads along with and alongside their colleagues in Portugal before being sure of a result by opening the case in UK. I don't believe that Portugal have been left out of this 'review'. I do believe that a way forward to secure justice for Madeleine has been found.

Just my beliefs.

aquila

Posts : 7986
Reputation : 1224
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Reasons to be hopeful

Post by Newintown on 20.06.13 17:14

@aquila wrote:I believe arrests will be made in the not too distant future. It's about timing now in my opinion. The government has yet to publicly declare that Scotland Yard has an active investigation, the Daily Mail say the announcement will be in the next few weeks. You have to ask why that is, what's currently going on that benefits the government by not confirming  the accuracy of the article - no government spokesperson has denied it.

I believe it is known who is responsible for Madeleine's disappearance. I can't believe that a review team would sit for two years just sifting through paperwork without pursuing/eliminating leads along with and alongside their colleagues in Portugal before being sure of a result by opening the case in UK. I don't believe that Portugal have been left out of this 'review'. I do believe that a way forward to secure justice for Madeleine has been found.

Just my beliefs.

I totally agree with you.  I don't believe either that the PJ would have been completely ignored and left out of the investigation, the PJ and SY must have been working very closely together; as mentioned previously SY have made a number of visits to Portugal (no doubt checking all their information against what the PJ have).

I also think that the ridiculous stories coming out on the newspaper sites over the past six months or so have been put up on purpose to fill a void and that negative comments have been ignored so that any forthcoming trials are not prejudiced.  There has been many times in the past that SY have asked newspapers to put a black out on investigations so that any forthcoming criminal trial will not be prejudicted.  

Only my opinion of course, or maybe I've been watching too many Columbo or CSI programmes.

____________________
Laurie Levenson, Quoted in the Guardian ........

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"


Newintown

Posts : 1597
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2011-07-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Reasons to be hopeful

Post by Ayniia on 20.06.13 17:15

@aquila wrote:I believe arrests will be made in the not too distant future. It's about timing now in my opinion. The government has yet to publicly declare that Scotland Yard has an active investigation, the Daily Mail say the announcement will be in the next few weeks. You have to ask why that is, what's currently going on that benefits the government by not confirming the accuracy of the article - no government spokesperson has denied it.

I believe it is known who is responsible for Madeleine's disappearance. I can't believe that a review team would sit for two years just sifting through paperwork without pursuing/eliminating leads along with and alongside their colleagues in Portugal before being sure of a result by opening the case in UK. I don't believe that Portugal have been left out of this 'review'. I do believe that a way forward to secure justice for Madeleine has been found.

Just my beliefs.

I agree with you. I don't believe both Portuguese and British law enforcements would reopen the case to go on pursuit of sightings ( most of them clearly fake ) . And upon reopening the case IMO IMO IMO (sorry just being careful ) there's no other option than making a few arrests. Or at least one... I don't believe we'll see the circus of watching people getting in and out of police stations and that sort of thing.

____________________
"My advice to any British tourist ,please come to Portugal,please come to the Algarve but if you're coming as a family holiday treat it as a family holiday and do things together, don't leave the kids"
Words from an ExPat Algarve resident

Ayniia

Posts : 546
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2013-03-21
Location : Portugal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Reasons to be hopeful

Post by sallypelt on 20.06.13 17:21

let's not forget that Fox News, for example, to  misinform the  public.

The attorneys for Fox, owned by media baron Rupert Murdoch, successfully argued the First Amendment gives broadcasters the right to lie or deliberately distort news reports on the public airwaves.

This was in America, but it gives an insight of how the gutter press is nothing more than entertainment for those who have no drama in their everyday lives.

sallypelt

Posts : 3359
Reputation : 597
Join date : 2012-11-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Reasons to be hopeful

Post by Newintown on 20.06.13 17:31

@sallypelt wrote:let's not forget that Fox News, for example, to  misinform the  public.

The attorneys for Fox, owned by media baron Rupert Murdoch, successfully argued the First Amendment gives broadcasters the right to lie or deliberately distort news reports on the public airwaves.

This was in America, but it gives an insight of how the gutter press is nothing more than entertainment for those who have no drama in their everyday lives.

That maybe so, but we mustn't lose sight of the fact that the "disappearance" of Madeleine is a very serious issue, either "abduction" (the least likely IMHO), murder or accidental death which has been covered up, one way or the other is has to be solved, with no whitewashing. Whether our own press have been deliberately distorting the facts for their own gain and is pure entertainment for the uneducated, it still doesn't take away the fact about what happened to poor little Madeleine.  She deserves the case to be solved on her behalf, she's waited 6 years, as we have.

____________________
Laurie Levenson, Quoted in the Guardian ........

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"


Newintown

Posts : 1597
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2011-07-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Reasons to be hopeful

Post by Ayniia on 20.06.13 17:36

@Newintown wrote:
That maybe so, but we mustn't lose sight of the fact that the "disappearance" of Madeleine is a very serious issue, either abduction, murder or accidental death which has been covered up, one way or the other is has to be solved. Whether our own press have been deliberately distorting the facts for their own gain and is pure entertainment for the uneducated, it still doesn't take away the fact about what happened to poor little Madeleine. She deserves the case to be solved on her behalf, she's waited 6 years, as we have.
Yes and let's not forget ( and to me this is as bad as all you said above ) the Fund, Mr Amaral and Mr Bennett.

____________________
"My advice to any British tourist ,please come to Portugal,please come to the Algarve but if you're coming as a family holiday treat it as a family holiday and do things together, don't leave the kids"
Words from an ExPat Algarve resident

Ayniia

Posts : 546
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2013-03-21
Location : Portugal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Reasons to be hopeful

Post by Newintown on 20.06.13 17:43

@Ayniia wrote:
@Newintown wrote:
That maybe so, but we mustn't lose sight of the fact that the "disappearance" of Madeleine is a very serious issue, either abduction, murder or accidental death which has been covered up, one way or the other is has to be solved. Whether our own press have been deliberately distorting the facts for their own gain and is pure entertainment for the uneducated, it still doesn't take away the fact about what happened to poor little Madeleine.  She deserves the case to be solved on her behalf, she's waited 6 years, as we have.
Yes and let's not forget ( and to me this is as bad as all you said above ) the Fund, Mr Amaral and Mr Bennett.

Yes, of course, well said.  The McCanns' tentacles stretch a long way, they have touched and destroyed many people along the way, that is something that should not be forgotten in the investigation.  How much has their "Fund" made in 6 years, and where has all the money gone, that would be interesting to know, seeing as their accounts are far from transparent.  I wonder if it is possible that SY have traced any dodgy dealings in the Fund through Medoto 3's files.

____________________
Laurie Levenson, Quoted in the Guardian ........

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"


Newintown

Posts : 1597
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2011-07-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Reasons to be hopeful

Post by sallypelt on 20.06.13 17:47

@Newintown wrote:
@sallypelt wrote:let's not forget that Fox News, for example, to  misinform the  public.

The attorneys for Fox, owned by media baron Rupert Murdoch, successfully argued the First Amendment gives broadcasters the right to lie or deliberately distort news reports on the public airwaves.

This was in America, but it gives an insight of how the gutter press is nothing more than entertainment for those who have no drama in their everyday lives.

That maybe so, but we mustn't lose sight of the fact that the "disappearance" of Madeleine is a very serious issue, either "abduction" (the least likely IMHO), murder or accidental death which has been covered up, one way or the other is has to be solved, with no whitewashing. Whether our own press have been deliberately distorting the facts for their own gain and is pure entertainment for the uneducated, it still doesn't take away the fact about what happened to poor little Madeleine.  She deserves the case to be solved on her behalf, she's waited 6 years, as we have.

I wasn't suggesting for one minute that one was losing sight of the seriousness, but we have read some absolute tosh from some of the newspapers. So much so, that the McCann's were able to sue over such reporting as "Maddie sold into slavery". This has allowed things to get distorted, and some people now think, because the press was sued for what it printed about the McCann's, that EVERYTHING written in the newspapers was lies.

sallypelt

Posts : 3359
Reputation : 597
Join date : 2012-11-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Reasons to be hopeful

Post by Newintown on 20.06.13 17:52

@sallypelt wrote:
@Newintown wrote:
@sallypelt wrote:let's not forget that Fox News, for example, to  misinform the  public.

The attorneys for Fox, owned by media baron Rupert Murdoch, successfully argued the First Amendment gives broadcasters the right to lie or deliberately distort news reports on the public airwaves.

This was in America, but it gives an insight of how the gutter press is nothing more than entertainment for those who have no drama in their everyday lives.

That maybe so, but we mustn't lose sight of the fact that the "disappearance" of Madeleine is a very serious issue, either "abduction" (the least likely IMHO), murder or accidental death which has been covered up, one way or the other is has to be solved, with no whitewashing. Whether our own press have been deliberately distorting the facts for their own gain and is pure entertainment for the uneducated, it still doesn't take away the fact about what happened to poor little Madeleine.  She deserves the case to be solved on her behalf, she's waited 6 years, as we have.

I wasn't suggesting for one minute that one was losing sight of the seriousness, but we have read some absolute tosh from some of the newspapers. So much so, that the McCann's were able to sue over such reporting as "Maddie sold into slavery". This has allowed things to get distorted, and some people now think, because the press was sued for what it printed about the McCann's, that EVERYTHING written in the newspapers was lies.

Yes, the newspapers have printed some ridiculous things and have paid the price, I agree wholeheartedly with that, but if the true facts eventually come to light the "uneducated" or those with their heads buried in the sand regarding what happened to Madeleine (and that won't be "abduction") will be in a for rude awakening - I can't wait for the day.

____________________
Laurie Levenson, Quoted in the Guardian ........

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"


Newintown

Posts : 1597
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2011-07-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Reasons to be hopeful

Post by Newintown on 20.06.13 18:06

I've deleted my post until I can find the reference to which I referred.

____________________
Laurie Levenson, Quoted in the Guardian ........

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"


Newintown

Posts : 1597
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2011-07-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum