The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Can this be true?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can this be true?

Post by statsman on 18.06.13 19:01

Can anyone explain why neither Jane Tanner nor Gerry went to see Jez Wilkins on the night that Madeleine disappeared?

To my mind it's beyond bizarre that here was someone who JT had just passed before she saw the purported abductor and yet it never occurred to her that night to ask him if he had seen anything at that time.

And it's equally bizarre that once she had told Gerry about her sighting that night, something we know she did thanks to the timeline written on a page from Madeleine's drawing book, Gerry didn't think to go to ask Jez if he saw anyone suspicious lurking around in the minutes before Gerry had met him.

But no, it didn't happen like that. According to Jez Wilkins's wife,

"At 1am there was a frantic banging on our door. Jes got up to answer. I stayed listening in the dark. I knew it was bad; it could only be bad. I heard male mumbling, then Jes's voice. "You're joking?" he said. It wasn't the words, it was the tone that made me flinch. 
He came back in to the room. "Gerry's daughter's been abducted," he said. We wondered what to do. Jes had asked if they needed help searching and was told there was nothing he could do; she had been missing for three hours."

See http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2007/dec/14/ukcrime.madeleinemccann

There's only one rational explanation I can come up with - the sighting was bogus and Gerry knew it.
"We weren't thinking straight at the time" just doesn't wash with me.

statsman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Can this be true?

Post by Dr What on 18.06.13 19:15

No, can't explain it,

Also, if Gerry had not woken Jez up to either ask him to search nor ask him if he had seen the JT 'abductor', then why did he wake him up?

Was it to get him 'on side', to get him 'on message'......plant the idea of 'abduction'.

Dr What

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by suzyjohnson on 18.06.13 21:25

Given the set of circumstances (as reported by the McCanns) I think any parent would wish to speak to Jeremy Wilkins as early as possible.

However, if Jeremy Wilkins was just a convenient alibi for a cover story, I don't expect that any parent would want to talk to him at all.

suzyjohnson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by suzyjohnson on 18.06.13 21:36

Further to Dr Whats comment, it wasn't Gerry who went to Jeremy's apartment, one of the other doctors woke them up about 1am.

Jeremy's statement to police 7/5/07  -

'The doorbell woke us up at about 1 am. It was the resort manager who I knew to be John and one of Jerry's friends. I think his name was Matt. He is white, slim, tall with greying hair.................Matt said words to the effect that Jerry's daughter had been abducted, and that Jerry said he had seen me and wanted to know if I had seen anything. I said 'You're joking'. I offered help but they said there was nothing that could be done at that stage............ We remained in the apartment but could see people around the pool and at the front with torches. I also saw the police arriving. We then went to bed. The following few days it was a sombre atmosphere around the apartment complex. I last saw JERRY and KATE on SATURDAY 5th MAY 2007 at about 4 pm - 5 pm. We were sitting by the pool. I walked over to JERRY and wanted to let him know I was thinking about him. I shook his hand. He was quiet but wasn't crying. I thought it was brave of him and his wife to go to the pool. I said 'Hello' to KATE. I didn't know what to say in that situation. She looked really upset. That was the last time I physically saw JERRY and KATE. Myself and my family left the complex at 7.30 pm and flew back to GATWICK that evening, arriving at 4 am on SUNDAY'.

From the above, it appears that it was Jeremy who approached the McCanns on Sat 5th May

suzyjohnson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 18.06.13 21:40

I don't know where to put this, so I'll put it here and the admins can move to the appropriate place if need be. This is the first I've heard about this phone call. Has anyone else heard about it?

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

#McCann :David Payne Phoned The Metropolitan Police Child Abuse Team On May 4th 2007 at 23:13:41 for 100 seconds.....

.......And when questioned about this call by Leicestershire police, David Payne tried to deny it but when questioned further  Payne was forced to admit he had made that call .

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by suzyjohnson on 18.06.13 21:54

From a Guardian article of 14 Dec 2007, thanks to the McCann Files. This was written by Jeremy Wilkins wife Bridget O'Donnell -

'Saturday came, our last day. While we waited for the airport coach to pick us up, we gathered round the toddler pool by Tapas ..........We had not seen the McCanns since Thursday, when suddenly they appeared by the pool' 

suzyjohnson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 18.06.13 21:56

Back to top Go down

Post by Woburn_exile on 18.06.13 22:11

@suzyjohnson wrote:Further to Dr Whats comment, it wasn't Gerry who went to Jeremy's apartment, one of the other doctors woke them up about 1am.

Jeremy's statement to police 7/5/07  -

'The doorbell woke us up at about 1 am. It was the resort manager who I knew to be John and one of Jerry's friends. I think his name was Matt. He is white, slim, tall with greying hair.................Matt said words to the effect that Jerry's daughter had been abducted, and that Jerry said he had seen me and wanted to know if I had seen anything. I said 'You're joking'. I offered help but they said there was nothing that could be done at that stage............ We remained in the apartment but could see people around the pool and at the front with torches. I also saw the police arriving. We then went to bed. The following few days it was a sombre atmosphere around the apartment complex. I last saw JERRY and KATE on SATURDAY 5th MAY 2007 at about 4 pm - 5 pm. We were sitting by the pool. I walked over to JERRY and wanted to let him know I was thinking about him. I shook his hand. He was quiet but wasn't crying. I thought it was brave of him and his wife to go to the pool. I said 'Hello' to KATE. I didn't know what to say in that situation. She looked really upset. That was the last time I physically saw JERRY and KATE. Myself and my family left the complex at 7.30 pm and flew back to GATWICK that evening, arriving at 4 am on SUNDAY'.

From the above, it appears that it was Jeremy who approached the McCanns on Sat 5th May

SuzyJ. What you refer to is very cloudy and speculative. Maybe he was trying to promote the fact that a child had been stranger abducted, maybe he even believed it. This is what lawyers try to do to place as many questionable facts as possible in place of what is an undeniable truth.
Fact 1. Statistically it is at least a 10 billion to 1 for an abducted by a stranger child to also be associated with 2 expert sniffer dogs getting it wrong at the same 2 places at the same 2 times.
Fact 2, DNA samples of the same detected cadaver found in the hire car 23 days after the event.
Fact 3. A parent would not fabricate a story about a break in where their window shutters are jemmied open if they really believed their child had been abducted. It is a proven lie with no other explaination that it was deliberately meant to throw the investigators off the scent. (Pretty amateur naive mistake if you ask me).
I sincerely hope there are more concrete facts out there that the police are not releasing to the media, some day I believe Kate McCann will crack under the pressure and spill the beans. All that needs to happen is the constant cranking up of that pressure then releasing it then crank it up again. This is what worked against the most evil of people in the past.

Woburn_exile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum