The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Moors murderer Ian Brady: Right to die

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Moors murderer Ian Brady: Right to die

Post by Guest on 29.06.13 14:21

IMO lifetime sentences are meant to prevent a criminal from being released into society again [as well as death sentences, to which I oppose as there have been too many innocent people executed]. If Brady wants to die, let him. It serves the purpose. Of course, he may be manipulating and trying to "control" the situation again, as he's IMO obviously doing now by giving new "information" on 4 more murders. Who cares? Keeping him alive for the possible purpose of extracting more evidence as to e.g. the burial place of Keith Bennett? I don't believe he will tell. Yorkshire is quite big, isn't it?

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on 29.06.13 16:14

It's so sad that, when a criminal claims his right to die, it gets wide spread attention and a serious discussion.

When a "normal" person petitions his, it is too often criminalized.

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

lj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nomendelta on 29.06.13 16:22

I am actually quite torn on this issue - I think as punishment Brady shouldn't get to control when he dies. He's a control freak and nothing will be angering him more than not getting what he wants. That said, in order for that to happen Brady has to be assessed (as he has been) as being mentally ill. I do not agree, I think he's an evil manipulative bastard who knows exactly what he's about. It all depends how you define "mentally ill". Really, anyone that carries out these kinds of crimes is likely to be labelled "mentally ill" but is that accurate?

Given that it seems he's a tendency to act like a spoilt petulant child I think it should be made a duty to irritate the hell out of him in small meaningless ways on a daily basis and let him write, write and write about his rights etc but the letters get shredded straight away.

nomendelta

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by littlepixie on 29.06.13 21:21

He didn't give any of those children the right to choose when and how they died, he chose for them.

I don't believe there is any religious dilemma here. He only admitted to Keith Bennett and Pauline Reads murders because he was forced to. He hasn't repented for what he has done, in fact he has done the opposite, he has trivialised it.
On his own head be it.

littlepixie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 29.06.13 21:35

@littlepixie wrote:He didn't give any of those children the right to choose when and how they died, he chose for them.

I don't believe there is any religious dilemma here. He only admitted to Keith Bennett and Pauline Reads murders because he was forced to. He hasn't repented for what he has done, in fact he has done the opposite, he has trivialised it.
On his own head be it.

I agree. Keep him alive, feed him, give him no right to decide his own demise - which I doubt he'd do if he were to be declared sane and go to a regular prison - the man just wants his final fling of fame. This man knows more about the law pertaining to him than most people. He's had a lot of time to study it. I'd also like everything he's ever written to be placed in his coffin when he goes and he can take his vile words with him. He has nothing to offer the families of his victims in his rambling words. He has lots to offer sick people who claim to be professionals/people of the cloth who will make a fortune if his words are published after his death.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by whmon on 29.06.13 21:44

This is an old article but even so http://www.thefreelibrary.com/UTTER+MADNESS%3B+Killers+Brady+and+Sutcliffe+are+using+YOUR+cash+to+sue...-a060285528 I think I would like him to be hung and stop costing the state. I am against the idea of a death sentence because of the worry of an innocent person dying. However, in cases like him - why not just rid ourselves of the vermin?

This message is confidential and the information must not be used, disclosed, or copied to any other person who is not entitled to receive it. If you have received this message in error please notify the sender and then delete it.

whmon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-fairy on 29.06.13 22:59

@whmon wrote:This is an old article but even so http://www.thefreelibrary.com/UTTER+MADNESS%3B+Killers+Brady+and+Sutcliffe+are+using+YOUR+cash+to+sue...-a060285528 I think I would like him to be hung and stop costing the state. I am against the idea of a death sentence because of the worry of an innocent person dying. However, in cases like him - why not just rid ourselves of the vermin?
No way! Let the evil bastard suffer as many years as he has without control (which is all he wants) - a FAR better punishment!
I'm against the death penalty completely and will never be swayed on that for myriad reasons, but in Brady's case, the control bit will be eating him alive (as it would, imo, K+G).
Good, is all I can say :)

Truth is artless and innocent - like the eloquence of nature, it is clothed with simplicity and easy persuasion; always open to investigation and analysis, it seeks exposure because it fears not detection.

NORMAN MACDONALD, Maxims and Moral Reflections.

rainbow-fairy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 30.06.13 3:58

@rainbow-fairy wrote:
@whmon wrote:This is an old article but even so http://www.thefreelibrary.com/UTTER+MADNESS%3B+Killers+Brady+and+Sutcliffe+are+using+YOUR+cash+to+sue...-a060285528 I think I would like him to be hung and stop costing the state. I am against the idea of a death sentence because of the worry of an innocent person dying. However, in cases like him - why not just rid ourselves of the vermin?
No way! Let the evil bastard suffer as many years as he has without control (which is all he wants) - a FAR better punishment!
I'm against the death penalty completely and will never be swayed on that for myriad reasons, but in Brady's case, the control bit will be eating him alive (as it would, imo, K+G).

thumbsup

Keep him breathing. Let him know that he is not in control of his own death/destiny - he gets to make no decision in that - tell him he will be resuscitated until nature takes its course - and then ignore him and all his writing...in fact, shred his writing in front of his eyes everyday whilst asking him where is Keith buried and when he gives a location tell him it's not being explored as no-one is interested in what he has to say. He'll never give the correct information. He's evil.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-fairy on 30.06.13 8:52

@aquila wrote:
@rainbow-fairy wrote:

thumbsup

Keep him breathing. Let him know that he is not in control of his own death/destiny - he gets to make no decision in that - tell him he will be resuscitated until nature takes its course - and then ignore him and all his writing...in fact, shred his writing in front of his eyes everyday whilst asking him where is Keith buried and when he gives a location tell him it's not being explored as no-one is interested in what he has to say. He'll never give the correct information. He's evil.
My sentiments perfectly put aquila yes

Truth is artless and innocent - like the eloquence of nature, it is clothed with simplicity and easy persuasion; always open to investigation and analysis, it seeks exposure because it fears not detection.

NORMAN MACDONALD, Maxims and Moral Reflections.

rainbow-fairy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

moores murderer

Post by joyce1938 on 30.06.13 9:27

Was it not correct that he said this week that keith was never buried on the moors but near Manchester? if so he was present with police at one time supposedly to tell where ,he never did ,also his lady accomplice also was taken to moors to try to say where she thought K was buried ,so she too knew he wasn't there? accomplice to the end maybe ? joyce1938

joyce1938

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 12.07.13 14:42

https://www.itv.com/itvplayer/brady-and-hindley-possession/series-1/episode-1-brady-and-hindley-possession

A new programme based on letters and tapes supplied by Myra Hindley.

Mention is made of the possibility that Keith Bennett was buried elsewhere which, until the previous posting, I don't think I'd heard before.

Back to top Go down

Post by tasprin on 12.07.13 15:28

I wish the media would stop giving this murderer constant exposure. He craves being the centre of attention and imo that is the reason he wanted the hearing - not so that he could commit suicide in prison, I don't believe he has ever had any intention of doing so. He's not really on a hunger strike anyway as he eats toast and soup. In fact he's probably healthier than most people of his age as he gets all the essential nutrients from 'force feeding' (another way of gaining attention) and he doesn't drink, smoke or eat junk food (A family member of one of the victims, remarked how remarkably well he looked for his age). The man is cunning and manipulative and he would have known that when he referred to the deaths of five children as 'recreational killing', that he was not going anywhere, and nor did he want to.
Imo, media attention should focus solely on finding Keith Bennett and that is all.

tasprin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 12.07.13 15:39

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2346498/Ian-Bradys-confidant--heir--reveals-all.html

I don't know where you heard Tasprin that he doesn't smoke - he never stops!

An article about an oddball character who visits him regularly.

Back to top Go down

Post by joyce1938 on 12.07.13 15:42

Hallo ,I do think that brady actually said recently ,that the young boy BENNET was not buried on Yorkshire moors but near MANCHESTER. joyce1938

HAVE ALLREADY REPLYED TO THIS I JUST REALIZED

joyce1938

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tasprin on 12.07.13 16:05

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2346498/Ian-Bradys-confidant--heir--reveals-all.html

I don't know where you heard Tasprin that he doesn't smoke - he never stops!

An article about an oddball character who visits him regularly.

big grin Ok, thanks for info NFWTD - I didn't know that, I suppose I just assumed it because he is being force fed (should never assume anything).

tasprin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 13.07.13 11:47

Moors murderer Ian Brady says his continued detention at maximum security hospital is 'politically motivated' Brady wrote a 700 word rant to Chanel 5 News following his hearing

He had asked to be transferred to a prison from Ashworth Hospital
He criticised the decision of the mental health tribunal and its witnesses
A family member of one of his victims described the letter as 'twisted'

Moors Murderer Ian Brady has branded a mental health tribunal's decision to keep him detained at a maximum security hospital as 'politically motivated'.
Last month, Brady lost his legal bid to be transferred to a prison and was told he will instead remain a patient at Ashworth Hospital on Merseyside for the foreseeable future on the grounds that he is mentally insane.

In reaction to the decision, Brady wrote a 700-word letter to Channel 5 News in which he criticised the decision of the mental health tribunal, the witnesses who gave evidence and the public money spent on it.

He said: '£250,000 wasted by Ashworth medical mediocrities manipulating a politically motivated tribunal... designed to distract public attention from the lack of reasoned argument and pertinent evidence.'

Brady - who has long-term paranoid schizophrenia - also criticised the health professionals who gave evidence at the tribunal.

'The pathetic petty abuse... rubberstamp witnesses employed to smear, discredit and distract, revealed more about Ashworth's collective culture of applied ignorance and malice than it did about me.

'Those listening in the real world would have doubted their senses.'

Speaking to Channel 5 News, Terry Kilbride, brother of John Kilbride who was 13 when he was strangled and buried by Brady and his accomplice Myra Hindley, said: 'He shows how twisted he is... in letters that he writes and the way he speaks like he spoke at the tribunal - not answering the questions.

'He wants to be there again - in the public eye, saying "It's all been a fix" so he can have an appeal and do it all again and waste another £250,000.'
In the two-page letter, Brady also reveals he is a keen viewer of the satellite news channel Al Jazeera and refuses to watch the BBC.
Brady and his partner, Myra Hindley, were responsible for the murders of five youngsters in the 1960s.
They lured children and teenagers to their deaths, with their victims sexually tortured before being buried on Saddleworth Moor above Manchester.

Pauline Reade, 16, disappeared on her way to a disco on July 12, 1963 and John Kilbride, 12, was snatched in November the same year. Keith Bennett was taken on June 16 1964 after he left home to visit his grandmother, Lesley Ann Downey, 10, was lured away from a funfair on Boxing Day 1964, and Edward Evans, 17, was killed in October 1965.

Brady was given life at Chester Assizes in 1966 for the murders of John, Lesley Ann and Edward.

Hindley was convicted of killing Lesley Ann and Edward and shielding Brady after John's murder, and jailed for life.

In 1987 the pair finally admitted killing Keith and Pauline.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2362096/Moors-murderer-Ian-Brady-says-continued-detention-maximum-security-hospital-politically-motivated.html

This evil monster has delusions of grandeur, I hope the media stop printing his views who cares, starve him of the publicity he so craves.

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll on 13.07.13 11:56

A lot on tv at the moment re the case due to the 50th anniversary : very interesting documentary titled "Possession" which is to do not with the pair being evil as you might imagine but about Brady's desire to remain in possession of the bodies by refusing to give them up.

And a disturbing but very good film, See No Evil made for t.v. to mark the 40th anniversary, with the wonderful Maxine Peak and Sean Harris, a lot of attention paid to the Smith couple and the devastating effects on them of David being fascinated by Brady and easily manipulated by him. It was only because of this young man going to the police after seeing Edward Evans hacked to death by Brady, that Brady and Hindley were eventually convicted.
  Dark and disturbing and not what anyone would call entertainment but with fantastic central performances and a very good supporting cast..I think it is George Costigan as the detective who was like a dog with a bone.........highly recommended.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 13.07.13 12:04

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:https://www.itv.com/itvplayer/brady-and-hindley-possession/series-1/episode-1-brady-and-hindley-possession

A new programme based on letters and tapes supplied by Myra Hindley.

A reminder of the programme that Russiandoll mentioned.

P.S. A warning for those like me who have a problem with shaky camera work and flickering images; this programme contains some.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 13.07.13 12:13

@russiandoll wrote:A lot on tv at the moment re the case due to the 50th anniversary : very interesting documentary titled "Possession" which is to do not with the pair being evil as you might imagine but about Brady's desire to remain in possession of the bodies by refusing to give them up.

And a disturbing but very good film, See No Evil made for t.v. to mark the 40th anniversary, with the wonderful Maxine Peak and Sean Harris, a lot of attention paid to the Smith couple and the devastating effects on them of David being fascinated by Brady and easily manipulated by him. It was only because of this young man going to the police after seeing Edward Evans hacked to death by Brady, that Brady and Hindley were eventually convicted.
  Dark and disturbing and not what anyone would call entertainment but with fantastic central performances and a very good supporting cast..I think it is George Costigan as the detective who was like a dog with a bone.........highly recommended.

Thanks for info russiandoll,

I don't think anybody including future generations should be allowed to forget what those two evil monters did to those poor children, and the pain and suffering that their families have had to suffer all these years.

Thanks NFWTD

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum