The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Scotland Yard takes over the inquiry into Maddie's disappearance from Portuguese plus *UPDATE* CPS lawyers fly to Portugal

Page 28 of 31 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Scotland Yard takes over the inquiry into Maddie's disappearance from Portuguese plus *UPDATE* CPS lawyers fly to Portugal

Post by PeterMac on 24.06.13 21:18

sally66 wrote:What the hell went on that week ?

That is, as they say, the 64,000 dollar question.
If we knew that we could all go back to our day jobs.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scotland Yard takes over the inquiry into Maddie's disappearance from Portuguese plus *UPDATE* CPS lawyers fly to Portugal

Post by jd on 24.06.13 21:26

sally66 wrote:Mmm interesting I never realised he had tried to influence the investigation towards the McCanns, and the McCanns crew are pointing the finger at him??

Add that to biggest fuck up on the planet and no comment from GM to knowing him!

What the hell went on that week?
I think it was in GA's book, that GNR officers caught him trying to look at documents. I think this was his role, to keep abreast of what information the PJ were learning...hence his sudden booking a flight back to PDL late at night for a few hours later, he was the man for the job. But why they tried to frame him is a mystery (are we allowed to say this word in the land of the free?)

Why didn't he sue lori campbell who made the most libellous accusations possible against him...yet he did nothing!

jd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by guest. on 24.06.13 22:20

@PeterMac wrote:
sally66 wrote:What the hell went on that week ?

That is, as they say, the 64,000 dollar question.
If we knew that we could all go back to our day jobs.
Yes stating the obvious a bit there wasn't I

guest.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jd on 24.06.13 22:29

Has Teresa May got contents of three ‘top secret’ files on the case? and will she release the contents of these three ‘top secret’ files that she is holding, now it is a full SY investigation?

jd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by guest. on 24.06.13 22:34

@jd wrote:
sally66 wrote:Mmm interesting I never realised he had tried to influence the investigation towards the McCanns, and the McCanns crew are pointing the finger at him??

Add that to biggest fuck up on the planet and no comment from GM to knowing him!

What the hell went on that week?
I think it was in GA's book, that GNR officers caught him trying to look at documents. I think this was his role, to keep abreast of what information the PJ were learning...hence his sudden booking a flight back to PDL late at night for a few hours later, he was the man for the job. But why they tried to frame him is a mystery (are we allowed to say this word in the land of the free?)

Why didn't he sue lori campbell who made the most libellous accusations possible against him...yet he did nothing!
Unless someone other than the Tapas crew bought him back and framing him was McCanns way of saying we will take everybody else down with us, he was literally used as a pawn to prove a point?

It does remind me of a game of chess sometimes

guest.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jd on 24.06.13 23:04

sally66 wrote:[
Unless someone other than the Tapas crew bought him back and framing him was McCanns way of saying we will take everybody else down with us, he was literally used as a pawn to prove a point?

Yes very possibly, this does make absolute sense. But I feel that the UK government were the ones calling all the shots

jd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 24.06.13 23:30

Not long after RM was made an arguido, there was a video on Youtube by a young woman querying why his mother had said he was at home because she knew he wasn`t.   I`ve subsequently searched for it but its gone.
I wish I`d taken more notice of it at the time.

I had wondered if Max C had info on him which the MET had recently got hold of.

Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

scotland yard takes

Post by marconi on 24.06.13 23:57

If Murat ever got payed for his "spy"work, at the PJ office, the money must have been transfered from an account to his. Or a large amount of money disappeared from the account of someody who knows the McCanns.Or perhaps he never got it.

Being curious about the investigation, who knows he was giving information to a news paper, getting money for it which is more Obvious to me. And he was obliged to keep secret about his translations.

It seems to me that it was extremely risky for the Tapas to point him as an eventual suspect, if he was helping the McCanns.

On Amaral's book, he tells that Kate called the PJ asking if they were doing something about him. If she did, she wanted the police to blame him, a proof he did not know anything about the disappearance.

Murat seemed naief, his behaviour, he did not look mature, there was something in him at that time.
In my opinion the McCanns used him.

If the Yard proves that he and the McCanns never met each other before the crime, that he never received extra money from somewhere, it will be the proof that he was used in his naievity.

marconi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelique on 25.06.13 7:24

http://blacksmithbureau.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/across-no-man-land.html

Monday, 24 June 2013

Across No Man's Land

Snip:

"Let me summarise. I personally want three things. First a complete and crushing legal victory for Amaral  over the McCanns, with public acknowledgment of the falsity of their claims and condign  penalties – i.e. their complete financial ruin – for their wicked, cowardly and disingenuous attack on him. Any victory of his will bring immense satisfaction and a champagne toast.

Secondly, the completion of the "interrupted investigation", wherever it leads, but this time with the contempt of court rules preventing people from purchasing reputational help once they're cautioned.Thirdly, the continued bleeding to death of the UK press in its present form, redundancies and all, for their betrayal of the British public in 2007, together with action against lobbying and the corrupt antics of the reputation  management mob. No champagne there, though, and not much emotional, as against intellectual, interest, except in the little matter of Mr Clarence Mitchell.  And yes, of course, a certain egotistical desire, very possibly to be thwarted, to be sure that I was on the right track in my assessments and alliances. "

Amen to that.

Angelique

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 25.06.13 9:19

The more I think about things the more I think that Mr. & Mrs. (at least) have been questioned, possibly pinky as well.  Absolutely nothing coming from their camp about anything.   Granny rolled out a couple weeks back reportedly saying something like they hadn't told her that SY were reporting back to them.   

The only reason I can think that Mrs. would not tell her mother that SY were in contact with them is because they have been told not to discuss anything with anyone.

It has been reported in the papers for a while that SY have been in contact, but did the "contact" change to questioning? Therefore obliged to keep their mouths shut even to closest family?

Just my opinion, but the silence sure is deafening from all parties.

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by margaret on 25.06.13 9:23

@jd wrote:If you haven't read it, then you should read the Robert Murat article on the link below. Its a long read but excellent with its info & analyse

http://www.madeleinefoundation.org.uk/Muratpt1.html

Thankyou for that jd, l'd never seen it and am now working my way through it.  Excellent as usual Tony. thumbsup

Does anyone know if Murat translated Jane Tanners 4th May statement?

margaret

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jd on 25.06.13 10:41

@margaret wrote:
@jd wrote:If you haven't read it, then you should read the Robert Murat article on the link below. Its a long read but excellent with its info & analyse

http://www.madeleinefoundation.org.uk/Muratpt1.html

Thankyou for that jd, l'd never seen it and am now working my way through it.  Excellent as usual Tony. thumbsup

Does anyone know if Murat translated Jane Tanners 4th May statement?

Yes a most brilliant article that informs all the details about murat

I don't think he did translate jane tanners statement on May 4th. There is nothing on the statemnt with his name on it and it also says this at the start "As she is a British citizen and does not understand written or spoken Portuguese, she is assisted by the interpreter, Filipa Silva"

Plus murat was in PDL at that time and only just getting involved and discovering what had happened....so we are led to believe!

jd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Praiaaa on 25.06.13 11:12

Question re translation v interpretation. I know the T9 referred to 'translation' but that is a different thing to interpretation. Was he a translator - ie took the written statement  and translated Eng-Portuguese, or an interpreter - ie interpreting the police questions P toE, and then the answers E to P?
Different roles, and differently open to challenge if anyone intended to play the card of 'the interpreter deliberately or accidentally didn't ask the questions or relay the answers accurately'.
Apologies if this has been asked before, but just wondering if any attempt to implicate RM might have a secondary purpose of challenging the integrity of the statements, and giving 'wriggle room' for changed answers eg to SY at a later date...

Praiaaa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 25.06.13 11:40

@Praiaaa wrote:Question re translation v interpretation. I know the T9 referred to 'translation' but that is a different thing to interpretation. Was he a translator - ie took the written statement  and translated Eng-Portuguese, or an interpreter - ie interpreting the police questions P toE, and then the answers E to P?
Different roles, and differently open to challenge if anyone intended to play the card of 'the interpreter deliberately or accidentally didn't ask the questions or relay the answers accurately'.
Apologies if this has been asked before, but just wondering if any attempt to implicate RM might have a secondary purpose of challenging the integrity of the statements, and giving 'wriggle room' for changed answers eg to SY at a later date...

NO wriggle room for the T7 or McCanns.
They gave interviews to LP/police in ENGLISH.
All the discrepancies in their statements need no 'translating' they are given in English (but not as normal people would know it LOL)
EG.
JT. 'yeah, no, yeah so i don't know'

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 25.06.13 11:42

@jeanmonroe wrote:
JT. 'yeah, no, yeah so i don't know'
McKlingon for "I admit it"

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by margaret on 25.06.13 13:26

@jd wrote:Yes a most brilliant article that informs all the details about murat

I don't think he did translate jane tanners statement on May 4th. There is nothing on the statemnt with his name on it and it also says this at the start "As she is a British citizen and does not understand written or spoken Portuguese, she is assisted by the interpreter, Filipa Silva"

Plus murat was in PDL at that time and only just getting involved and discovering what had happened....so we are led to believe!

Thanks JD, because l'm refereshing my memory about her trying to frame Murat.  We know Murat translated for the early statements from the tapas goup so l wonder when Tanner actually first met Murat.

Murat was hanging around offering help to the group so l tend to think they'd met before May 13th when she identified him.

http://www.madeleinefoundation.org.uk/muratpt2.html

'On Sunday 13 May, Jane Tanner positively identified Robert Murat as the man she had seen on the night of 3 May.'

Part G on Tonys work may have the answer but the site is a bit slow at the moment.

margaret

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell on 25.06.13 13:58

The mccanns and tapas were very keen to put the blame on Robert Murat, which if he was not involved, was a very wicked thing to do and must have aroused the suspicions of the PJ.  Goncalo Amaral says Jane identified Murat in a covert police operation.  She denies it, but it led to Murat being named as an arguido the following day, and subsequently 3 of the tapas group claimed to have seen him on the night of the 3rd outside the apartment.  Unfortunately the statement of Bob Small, the Leicester detective who set up the covert operation, is not in the released files, but hopefully those files are available to the new investigation.

It does of course raise more questions about Jane Tanner's evidence.  Robert Murat looks nothing like the photofit based on Jane's sighting and released by the McCanns in a faux police press conference.  Strange too, that Jane was able to see the frilled pattern on the child's pyjamas but failed to notice that Murat wears glasses. Then of course we have Dave Edgar saying Jane may have seen a woman!  Oh, to be a fly on the wall when SY question her!

Cristobell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by margaret on 25.06.13 14:13

Christobell, l've read too that the 'pink' pyjamas she remembered seeing couldn't be true because under the sodium street lighting along that road, the colour pink isn't seen as pink?

duh

margaret

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 25.06.13 14:19

The bottoms were mainly white, with tiny pink flowers,

The bottoms are all JT says she saw........

Back to top Go down

Post by margaret on 25.06.13 14:28

candyfloss wrote:The bottoms were mainly white, with tiny pink flowers,

Yes, sorry my mistake she said with pink flowers didn't she?

margaret

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell on 25.06.13 14:36

@margaret wrote:Christobell, l've read too that the 'pink' pyjamas she remembered seeing couldn't be true because under the sodium street lighting along that road, the colour pink isn't seen as pink?

duh
I think the man of steel would have struggled to see such colour and detail on the pyjamas.  Some might think she had seen a similar pair before giving her description?

Cristobell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by zodiac on 25.06.13 14:38

I remember reading these tweets a few months ago:

dh [email=‏@dhnewstweet]‏@dhnewstweet[/email]  26 Mar 
Clarence Mitchell seen walking into Scotland Yard a few minutes ago #McCann

@veniviedivici I nearly dropped my Starbucks when I saw him

Clarence Mitchell [email=‏@mitch_1uk]‏@mitch_1uk[/email]  26 Mar 
@dhnewstweet Big difference between walking past SY and going into it Simply untrue I was in SY. Sorry to disappoint the conspiracy loons

@mitch_1uk Apologies for that. I stand corrected. Those loons normally spot a fake sighting a mile off.

pleb-nobby-Lobby [email=‏@veniviedivici]‏@veniviedivici[/email]  26 Mar 
@dhnewstweet #snigger at Fake sighting ref. Do you think he got it ? @mitch_1uk

At the time, I wondered why he chose to reply to the tweet and use the label 'the conspiracy loons' when he could have just ignored the tweet. Especially as MPS are supposedly in regular contact with his clients and they are kept fully updated on the progress of their work. Therefore it perhaps wouldn't have been odd for him to be seen going into or walking past SY. However, in my opinion, I now find it odd that he chose to reply and reply in the manner he did. Especially as, I now know, 22 days later this meeting took place:

Top prosecutor looks at new leads in Madeleine McCann hunt

A CPS spokeswoman said: “Prosecutors from CPS London and ­investigators from the Metropolitan Police Service visited their Portuguese counterparts on April 17-18 to discuss possible next steps in ­relation to the disappearance of Madeleine McCann. We continue to work with the police on this case.”

Full article: http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/409431/Top-prosecutor-looks-at-new-leads-in-Madeleine-McCann-hunt

zodiac

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin on 25.06.13 14:40

@margaret wrote:
candyfloss wrote:The bottoms were mainly white, with tiny pink flowers,

Yes, sorry my mistake she said with pink flowers didn't she?
I know it's been said before, but to refresh, if these were a replica of the pyjama bottoms, then the legs shown in the 'egg man' picture would have been exposed as legs, and the pyjama material would not be visible other than perhaps as a fringing around the knees.
With the distance and lighting, the colour, flowers etc. would not be clear to see.
Jane mentions the feet were exposed, and it was a cold night, therefore not very good parental care in her opinion, but short bottoms like those shown would not reach below the knees.spin

bobbin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jd on 25.06.13 14:43

@margaret wrote:
Thanks JD, because l'm refereshing my memory about her trying to frame Murat.  We know Murat translated for the early statements from the tapas goup so l wonder when Tanner actually first met Murat.

Murat was hanging around offering help to the group so l tend to think they'd met before May 13th when she identified him.

http://www.madeleinefoundation.org.uk/muratpt2.html

'On Sunday 13 May, Jane Tanner positively identified Robert Murat as the man she had seen on the night of 3 May.'

Part G on Tonys work may have the answer but the site is a bit slow at the moment.

I would bet that murat and tanner already knew each other before the holiday. The week previous, when murat was less than half a mile away from tanners house in Exeter

jd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 31 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum