The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Scotland Yard takes over the inquiry into Maddie's disappearance from Portuguese plus *UPDATE* CPS lawyers fly to Portugal  - Page 5 Mm11

Scotland Yard takes over the inquiry into Maddie's disappearance from Portuguese plus *UPDATE* CPS lawyers fly to Portugal  - Page 5 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Scotland Yard takes over the inquiry into Maddie's disappearance from Portuguese plus *UPDATE* CPS lawyers fly to Portugal  - Page 5 Mm11

Scotland Yard takes over the inquiry into Maddie's disappearance from Portuguese plus *UPDATE* CPS lawyers fly to Portugal  - Page 5 Regist10

Scotland Yard takes over the inquiry into Maddie's disappearance from Portuguese plus *UPDATE* CPS lawyers fly to Portugal

Page 5 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18 ... 31  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Scotland Yard takes over the inquiry into Maddie's disappearance from Portuguese plus *UPDATE* CPS lawyers fly to Portugal  - Page 5 Empty Re: Scotland Yard takes over the inquiry into Maddie's disappearance from Portuguese plus *UPDATE* CPS lawyers fly to Portugal

Post by ShuBob 15.06.13 17:24

aquila wrote:I'm still feeling very positive about this. It's now an active criminal investigation. It's not about the McCanns. It's about Madeleine. I just have a feeling there will be arrests in the not too distant future. Some might say it's optimistic to think this way (and I'm an old cynic so I'd normally be in that mode) but I believe the truth is about to come out. I believe the truth is already known and a way to proceed has been agreed. It's just a matter of timing now.

all in my opinion

I, for one, share your optimism yes
ShuBob

Activity : 1983

Back to top Go down

Scotland Yard takes over the inquiry into Maddie's disappearance from Portuguese plus *UPDATE* CPS lawyers fly to Portugal  - Page 5 Empty Re: Scotland Yard takes over the inquiry into Maddie's disappearance from Portuguese plus *UPDATE* CPS lawyers fly to Portugal

Post by Liz Eagles 15.06.13 17:25

candyfloss wrote:
aquila wrote:I'm still feeling very positive about this. It's now an active criminal investigation. It's not about the McCanns. It's about Madeleine. I just have a feeling there will be arrests in the not too distant future. Some might say it's optimistic to think this way (and I'm an old cynic so I'd normally be in that mode) but I believe the truth is about to come out. I believe the truth is already known and a way to proceed has been agreed. It's just a matter of timing now.

all in my opinion

Well they have got what they wanted in effect - the case has been re-opened albeit by the British not the Portuguese, so they should be delighted.

There's no wriggle-room left. The McCanns can't whinge anymore. It's a criminal investigation, conducted in UK by Scotland Yard. The review was at their 'request' to re-open the Portuguese investigation. The McCanns can't blame Scotland Yard for a bungled investigation. The McCanns can't blame language/cultural barriers (I doubt Kate would ever call a Met officer a f*cking t*sser). The McCanns have allegedly handed over all docs from their weird PI's. There's nothing left to complain about.

It is now a criminal investigation led by Scotland Yard in UK. What can the TM PR machine do now without damaging themselves at every turn?

and the only person who has any rights in that investigation is Madeleine.

Sir Winston Churchill: “Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.”
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13351

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 15.06.13 17:29

Hope certain tapas members don't pull a Margaret Moran.
ShuBob

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-fairy 15.06.13 17:31

Though I'm trying to be optimistic like aquila and others, yet am cynical like jd tongue , here is a little optimism:
I have the book about the investigation into Shannon Matthews. All along, Karen and Craig Meehan had a Family Liason Officer, were kept informed of the work of the police. Even WHEN they were 99.9% sure of Matthews guilt, she was still treated sympathetically. She had no idea until the police pounced, even AFTER Shannon had been found.....
Just a hopeful thought shark

Truth is artless and innocent - like the eloquence of nature, it is clothed with simplicity and easy persuasion; always open to investigation and analysis, it seeks exposure because it fears not detection.

NORMAN MACDONALD, Maxims and Moral Reflections.
rainbow-fairy
rainbow-fairy

Activity : 2140

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-fairy 15.06.13 17:33

aquila wrote:
candyfloss wrote:

all in my opinion

Well they have got what they wanted in effect - the case has been re-opened albeit by the British not the Portuguese, so they should be delighted.

There's no wriggle-room left. The McCanns can't whinge anymore. It's a criminal investigation, conducted in UK by Scotland Yard. The review was at their 'request' to re-open the Portuguese investigation. The McCanns can't blame Scotland Yard for a bungled investigation. The McCanns can't blame language/cultural barriers (I doubt Kate would ever call a Met officer a f*cking t*sser). The McCanns have allegedly handed over all docs from their weird PI's. There's nothing left to complain about.

It is now a criminal investigation led by Scotland Yard in UK. What can the TM PR machine do now without damaging themselves at every turn?

and the only person who has any rights in that investigation is Madeleine.
clapping thumbup dance

Truth is artless and innocent - like the eloquence of nature, it is clothed with simplicity and easy persuasion; always open to investigation and analysis, it seeks exposure because it fears not detection.

rainbow-fairy
rainbow-fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-fairy 15.06.13 17:34

ShuBob wrote:

all in my opinion

I, for one, share your optimism yes
Me too - one minute, then not the next!
So hard to be sure pray2

rainbow-fairy
rainbow-fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 15.06.13 17:44

My first thoughts on reading this news was that it is good. The mccanns had top extradition lawyers from the start, and it would have been a huge problem getting them and the tapas crew back to Portugal, it could have been tied up in legal knots for years. Now they can all be re-interviewed on home soil.  I would imagine that SY will also have access to the medical and financial information that was not available to the PJ.  Who knows they may even look at the Fund, something that did not fall with Portuguese jurisdiction.  

I agree with Petemac, the word 'solved' is significant.
Cristobell

Activity : 2552

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 15.06.13 17:48

Finn wrote:I too have a bad feeling, the same one when there's a rumor of a sighting when you know it isn't but would love to be wrong.

IMO all SY ever had to do was speak to T7 and families and lean ever so gently. It wouldn't take months and months of digging and might have saved the taxpayer £5M.

I can see the case and fund being wound down and then in time the Movie.

Too late! Movie deal was done I expect in January 2008 - six years down the line they'd get a much better deal than a paltry 2 million...

Kate and Gerry 'plan £2m film deal' as Madeleine Fund dwindles Daily Mail
By VANESSA ALLEN
Last updated at 09:06 09 January 2008

Extract (Third re-write of this article and the current online version):
Mr Mitchell said a book deal was also being considered "at some point down the line".

Unquote (rest of article in Timeline for January 2008.

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 15.06.13 17:56

tigger wrote:
Finn wrote:I too have a bad feeling, the same one when there's a rumor of a sighting when you know it isn't but would love to be wrong.

IMO all SY ever had to do was speak to T7 and families and lean ever so gently. It wouldn't take months and months of digging and might have saved the taxpayer £5M.

I can see the case and fund being wound down and then in time the Movie.

Too late! Movie deal was done I expect in January 2008 - six years down the line they'd get a much better deal than a paltry 2 million...

Kate and Gerry 'plan £2m film deal' as Madeleine Fund dwindles Daily Mail
By VANESSA ALLEN
Last updated at 09:06 09 January 2008

Extract (Third re-write of this article and the current online version):
Mr Mitchell said a book deal was also being considered "at some point down the line".

Unquote (rest of article in Timeline for January 2008.

There is nothing left for TM. The bewk's been done. There is no way a film could be considered during a criminal investigation that's for sure (although it would be fun to see dog auditions). All the doors are closing. The Fund can't surely be justified any longer during an active criminal investigation by one of the world's most esteemed Police in the McCann's home country.

Nope, it's all about Madeleine now and I'm so pleased.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13351

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 15.06.13 18:02

sonic72 wrote:
aiyoyo wrote:Can anyone tell me how to reply outside the quote box perimeter?

This new format is not user

Just Switch to 'Editor Mode'

Editor Mode is the 4th icon to the right of the smiley face.

thumbsup

Good grief, it's really easy when you know it. Thanks much to you and Candyfloss for the tips.

Back to topic.
It can only be good news if the MET have to bring it back home.
The abductor is not in UK despite what they said about having new leads that need exploring.
They also mentioned 20 suspects in the same breath. Suspects and leads are two different things altogether.
Either they're so incompetent or they're playing a blinder to confuse certain quarters.

If they are not following up leads in UK then that leaves the 20 suspects they are working on.

aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 15.06.13 18:08

PeterMac wrote:
Cristobell wrote:Ah well, at least extradition lawyers will not be able to prevent the mccanns and the tapas bunch being re-interviewed if it is done on home soil.
I am sure they will all be desperate to help in any way they can.
And will willingly answer not only all the questions put to them, fully and truthfully, but will volunteer any other information the police may not have focussed on, even if they are interviewed under caution I cannot imagine they would reserve their right to silence in such an important matter as recovering their eldest and best loved daughter . .
Can you ?

Or they can bring their expensive lawyer to the interview, refuse to comment, then how will that look?
It would be check-mate time for the Police.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ollie1 15.06.13 18:15

I don't think the McCanns expected the review to lead to an investigation, IMO they had delusions of grandeur and thought the review would help keep Them in the spotlight and so money would continue to be donated to their fund. Also allowed them to continue to fool the foolish.
Ollie1

Activity : 99

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 15.06.13 18:34

Ollie1 wrote:I don't think the McCanns expected the review to lead to an investigation, IMO they had delusions of grandeur and thought the review would help keep Them in the spotlight and so money would continue to be donated to their fund. Also allowed them to continue to fool the foolish.

Well, let's just say if the Yard detectives are not going to order lawless village 10 miles radius of PDL tsurrounded to smoke abductor out from his lair then Mr & Mrs have nothing to be delighted about.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by sheila.edwards 15.06.13 18:46

the markers 15/19 and other circumstantial evidence we saw could be different now with all other info we are not yet able to see
calls etc. so hopefully this case will be closed soon. the seventeen calls murat forgot he had had may be a lot more with others who forgot at time due to tiredness !
sheila.edwards

Activity : 212

Back to top Go down

Post by jd 15.06.13 18:53

Tony Bennett wrote:
jd wrote:Just had a thought......If this SY investigation starts, does anyone know if this 'could' mean that the Amaral v McCann trial cannot take place while there is an ongoing live police investigation? I'm not sure the legalities of this possible situation
First point, the trial in Portugal would be conducted under Portuguese legislation.

It is true that the McCanns first brought their libel claim against Dr Goncal Amaral in June 2009, almost a year after the investigation was archived, which meant that there was then no live investigation.

If, therefore, the Scotland Yard review becomes a 'full-blown' re-investigation (and any police officer will tell you that the two things are very very different), it would be the first time during this now 4-year-long libel trial that it would be running alongside a live investigation.

I certainly think it is possible that either side could successfully ask a judge for an adjournment 'to await the outcome of the criminal investigation'.

I am inclined to think that both sides would probably welcome that; they both seem to be heartily weary and sick of the whole bogged-down proceedings.

I am very suspicious of the whole thing

A possible scenarios is that a date for the trial is set, say September. The SY investigation starts.....What happens if 'before' September SY announce they have found the abductor (with their fabricated evidence). What position does this put GA into? It would totally change the goalposts

I have always been highly suspicious of the mccanns with their bleating of the Portuguese not reopening the case, when they know full well they will be arguidos soon as they do. Defies logic & they are bleating for a different reason. This investigation can not only be used to reopen the case under their control i.e. UK Scotland Yard, but also against the Portuguese police (and lead investigator) if/when SY announce they have solved the case with a dead pedophile....All this is highly possible and the mccanns do have the elite of lawyers doing all their bidding for nothing, so would know how to play all this legally

And lets not forget Murat putting himself into the spotlight recently

Activity : 4400

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 15.06.13 18:56

jd wrote:
Tony Bennett wrote:
jd wrote:Just had a thought......If this SY investigation starts, does anyone know if this 'could' mean that the Amaral v McCann trial cannot take place while there is an ongoing live police investigation? I'm not sure the legalities of this possible situation
First point, the trial in Portugal would be conducted under Portuguese legislation.

It is true that the McCanns first brought their libel claim against Dr Goncal Amaral in June 2009, almost a year after the investigation was archived, which meant that there was then no live investigation.

If, therefore, the Scotland Yard review becomes a 'full-blown' re-investigation (and any police officer will tell you that the two things are very very different), it would be the first time during this now 4-year-long libel trial that it would be running alongside a live investigation.

I certainly think it is possible that either side could successfully ask a judge for an adjournment 'to await the outcome of the criminal investigation'.

I am inclined to think that both sides would probably welcome that; they both seem to be heartily weary and sick of the whole bogged-down proceedings.

A possible scenarios is that a date for the trial is set, say September. The SY investigation starts.....What happens if 'before' September SY announce they have found the abductor (with their fabricated evidence). What position does this put GA into? It would totally change the goalposts

I have always been highly suspicious of the mccanns with their bleating of the Portuguese not reopening the case, when they know full well they will be arguidos soon as they do. Defies logic & they are bleating for a different reason. This investigation can not only be used to not reopen the case under their control i.e. UK Scotland Yard, but also against the Portuguese police (and lead investigator) if/when SY announce they have solved the case with a dead pedophile....All this is highly possible and the mccanns do have the elite of lawyers doing all their bidding for nothing, so would know how to play all this legally

I am suspicious too,i hope I am wrong to think this will be too the mccanns advantage.
tiny
tiny

Activity : 2311

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15.06.13 19:32

Once again: I feel very positive. I do believe that SY [or any other] detectives do what they believe in: SOLVE the case and get justice.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 15.06.13 19:54

Châtelaine wrote:Once again: I feel very positive. I do believe that SY [or any other] detectives do what they believe in: SOLVE the case and get justice.

Amen!
ShuBob

Back to top Go down

Post by Beanie 15.06.13 21:24

ShuBob wrote:
Châtelaine wrote:Once again: I feel very positive. I do believe that SY [or any other] detectives do what they believe in: SOLVE the case and get justice.

Amen!

After reading many posts today I have been up then down. I am going to hold on to these comments in the belief that there are hopefully honest police out there who would never betray justice for an innocent child.
Beanie

Activity : 243

Back to top Go down

Post by sheila.edwards 15.06.13 21:35

and  all  children. please god who need this case solved
sheila.edwards

Activity : 212

Back to top Go down

Post by jd 15.06.13 21:46

Beanie wrote:
ShuBob wrote:

Amen!

After reading many posts today I have been up then down. I am going to hold on to these comments in the belief that there are hopefully honest police out there who would never betray justice for an innocent child.

But they are either gagged, sacked, or probably threatened

300 police officers gagged at cost of up to £250,000 each

More than 300 police officers have been gagged at the taxpayers' expense at a cost of up to £250,000 each.

The Government has banned gagging orders for NHS employees after it emerged that £18million has been spent on silencing 600 staff.
However, a survey using Freedom of Information laws has found that the orders are also widely used across police forces, leading to concerns that whistleblowers are being silenced.

Stephen Barclay, a Conservative member of the Public Accounts Committee, said: "It is very concerning to hear that police officers with issues of concern which are in public interest appear to have been silenced through gagging clauses.

"These agreements have a clear effect beyond those who sign them because other officers with ambition will see what has happened to those who have concerns and decide to stay silent."
A total of 13 police forces confirmed that they had signed 362 compromise agreements with staff, most of which contained confidentiality clauses.

Many forces declined to respond to the requests, however, meaning the true number is likely to be significantly higher.

The Metropolitan Police has signed 230 of the agreements in the past seven years.

According to the forces 2011-12 accounts, the biggest payout was made to Martin Tiplady, the former head of human resources, who received £259,462 after signing one of the controversial agreements.

Sir Paul Stephenson, the former commissioner, received £176,838 after signing one of the agreements along with his £98,000 salary.
John Yates, who was previously Britain's top anti-terrorism officer, received £86,000 on top of his £120,000 salary.

Both men resigned amid growing controversy over the Metropolitan Police's links to the News of the World, the now defunct tabloid newspaper at the centre of the phone hacking scandal.

They were cleared of any misconduct after an inquiry by the Independent Police Complaints Commission.

Lancashire Constabulary has signed 34 compromise agreements with former employees in the year alone, while Surrey Police has signed 28 agreements over the past three years at a total cost to the taxpayer of £614,000.

Greater Manchester Police confirmed it has signed 14 agreements in the past three years while Nothumbria Police has signed 17 and Norfolk Constabulary 10.

Steve Williams, chairman of the Police Federation, said: "Police officers should be able say what they like without worrying about breaching confidentiality agreements. If things are not right they should be able to say so.

“There is a fear factor for officers who want to speak out but don’t because they are concerned about the repercussions. It’s wrong, the police should be transparent.”

The Daily Telegraph has previously established that use of compromise agreements is widespread across both Whitehall and in local authorities.
Freedom of Information requests found that 200 civil servants and officials have signed compromise agreements in the past two years, at a total cost of £14million, along with 4,562 local authority workers.

A spokesman for the Metropolitan Police said there were "undoubtedly benefits" to compromise agreements which reduced the risk of legal action.
A Lancashire Constabulary spokesman insisted that compromise agreements have "little or no link" to whistleblowing. Surrey Police said that its compromise agreements had been reached after legal advice.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/10065016/300-police-officers-gagged-at-cost-of-up-to-250000-each.html

Tony Farrell is a former Intelligence Analyst for the South Yorkshire Police Department. He was fired in 2010 because he felt compelled by his conscience to tell the truth in his official report and state that, due to his extensive analysis of the events of 9/11 and the 7/7 London bombings, he considered that the greatest terrorist threat to the public did not come from Islamic extremists but from internal sources within the US and British establishment. He is now dedicating his life to helping to expose the evidence and he is challenging his dismissal through international court.

http://nodisinfo.com/Home/architects-engineers-for-911truth-evidence-goes-to-court-feb-25-2013/

Activity : 4400

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobs 15.06.13 22:12

http://www.cps.gov.uk/legal/p_to_r/prosecuting_cases_of_child_abuse/
Hobs
Hobs
Researcher/Analyst

Activity : 1825

http://tania-cadogan.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt 15.06.13 22:21

Scotland Yard takes over the inquiry into Maddie's disappearance from Portuguese plus *UPDATE* CPS lawyers fly to Portugal  - Page 5 Express-1-329x437

POLICE HINT AT NEW MADDIE BREAKTHROUGH
sallypelt

Activity : 5319

Back to top Go down

Post by Beanie 15.06.13 22:21

@ jd

Thank you for the link.
Beanie

Activity : 243

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-fairy 15.06.13 23:03

jd wrote:
Tony Bennett wrote:

I have always been highly suspicious of the mccanns with their bleating of the Portuguese not reopening the case, when they know full well they will be arguidos soon as they do. Defies logic & they are bleating for a different reason. This investigation can not only be used to reopen the case under their control i.e. UK Scotland Yard, but also against the Portuguese police (and lead investigator) if/when SY announce they have solved the case with a dead pedophile....All this is highly possible and the mccanns do have the elite of lawyers doing all their bidding for nothing, so would know how to play all this legally

I could be 100% wrong here jd, and anyone better versed in PT law may know, but I would think even if SY 'solved' the case, 'abductor' and all, it wouldn't affect Amaral?
It is my understanding that PT libel works in that if Amaral truly believed what he stated to be correct, then he cannot be guilty of libel (I believe this is how 'mad Marcos' got away with his comments about Amaral and Cipriano?
Hope so anyway!
Happy to be corrected if wrong yes

rainbow-fairy
rainbow-fairy

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18 ... 31  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top