The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

The Book in question

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Book in question

Post by Guest on 04.12.09 21:33

@Finally wrote:Hi

If walking a mile in Mrs McCanns shoes having found your oldest child missing I believe that any of us would immediately check that the two younger children were ok.

The part that I find odd is that she checked their breathing several times. If there was such a great feeling of uncertainty why didn't she or one of the party take them to a local hospital where full tests could have been performed to check their health? Would it be that she could not afford to have any tests done that she didn't control for fear of what they might show?

Even with that question in my mind I can still consider other possibilities such as her being so distraught and not wishing to be too far away in case Madeleine was found so she made the best of the situation that she found herself in.

And the bottom line is it is easy to say what we think we would do in her situation but none of us know until we face that reality how we actually would behave. I think of that everytime a question is raised in my own mind by something about this case but that shouldn't stop us looking for answers should it. Sitting on this fence is starting to play havoc with my backside but it sure as heck feels a lot more comfy on my conscience.

Take care

Kate McCann is a qualified anaesthetist, she would know the warning signs if the twins had been in any danger. Why take them to a hospital in the middle of the night and run the risk of scaring them half to death when she was able to check them herself? Plus of course, they had at least four other doctors there. All of whom spoke English.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 04.12.09 21:35

@Finally wrote:Hi

If walking a mile in Mrs McCanns shoes having found your oldest child missing I believe that any of us would immediately check that the two younger children were ok.

The part that I find odd is that she checked their breathing several times. If there was such a great feeling of uncertainty why didn't she or one of the party take them to a local hospital where full tests could have been performed to check their health? Would it be that she could not afford to have any tests done that she didn't control for fear of what they might show?

Even with that question in my mind I can still consider other possibilities such as her being so distraught and not wishing to be too far away in case Madeleine was found so she made the best of the situation that she found herself in.

And the bottom line is it is easy to say what we think we would do in her situation but none of us know until we face that reality how we actually would behave. I think of that everytime a question is raised in my own mind by something about this case but that shouldn't stop us looking for answers should it. Sitting on this fence is starting to play havoc with my backside but it sure as heck feels a lot more comfy on my conscience.

Take care

You think the mother of an abducted child would reasonably check her remaining children only once but to anxiously keep checking them is suspicious?

There is every chance that she was relatively convinced they were fine but of course not knowing the circumstances of Madeleine's abduction she could not know for sure - so comfortable enough to think that checking herself was adequate particularly considering the other things going on at the time, like trying to find Madeleine, hoping evey minute that someone would run through the door with her in their arms etc

I'd assume it is pretty normal behaviour for a parent to want to remain nearby in case of news and not be massively keen to have the others too far away either.

Back to top Go down

Post by Finally on 04.12.09 22:14

Hi Clarity

I am not sure that you read what I worte as I did say pretty much what you have stated. In trying to put myself in her shoes I know that I would not have wanted to be far from the apartment for the very reason that you stated and I said in my post too. That does not alter the fact that they were convinced that somebody had drugged the children and doctors or not, I doubt that they were carrying anything of any substance that would have been of great use if their suspicions were correct and the children needed medical assistance.

And I am aware of Mrs McCanns profession as Sabot mentions and the company that she kept who would have been on hand should the worst possible scenario have occured. I don't think the children would have been scared half to death by a trip to the hospital as they did not appear to have been scared half to death when lifted from their beds and taken to sleep elsewhere. Heaven forbid that they had been right and the childrens' health had begun to deteriorate as somebody actually may have had to take them to a hospital then regardless of what was occuring with Madeleine. Hence I still wonder why they didn't go to the hospital with the younger children.

You asked a question of me Clarity and I answered it. Nothing you have said has convinced me that you are right and that I should climb down off my fence and come take tea and cake with the "pro" McCann folk, although I do respect your opinion and partially agree with it, - no more than anything Mr Bennett et al has ever said has convinced me to sing Ging Gang Goolie around the camp fire with the "anti" McCann people.

There are too many questions still unanswered and I simply hope that when I question something that I see as odd I can still remember that I haven't walked a mile in Kate McCann's shoes and let that fact play some part in any decision that I make.

Take care

Finally

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 04.12.09 22:20

I suppose I don't understand why if you find their behaviour believable, understandable and potentially similar to your own that this would put you on the fence?

Seems illogical to me, and I'm a fan of the logic. Possibly too keen.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum