The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Mike Hancock: Sex Case MP Quits Party Whip

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:49 am

Mike Hancock being sued by a constituent, accusing him of the allegations after she contacted him for help in a neighbour dispute

Mike Hancock denies sexually assaulting a 'vulnerable' constituent

Liberal Democrat politician Mike Hancock has quit the party whip while he fights sexual assault allegations.

The Portsmouth South MP said he was stepping down from the party temporarily while he defended a High Court action against him.

Mr Hancock is being sued by a "vulnerable" constituent, who is accusing him of sexual assault after she contacted him for help in a neighbour dispute.

The MP, who vigorously denies the claims, was arrested by police over the allegations in 2010.

But no action was taken as the Crown Prosecution Service said there was insufficient evidence for a prosecution.

Following a meeting with chief whip Alistair Carmichael, Mr Hancock said he was withdrawing from the party whip until the case was concluded.

"I can assure you that I will continue to vigorously defend my position and that I completely refute the allegations made against me," he said in a letter to Mr Carmichael.

"I'm doing this in the best interests of the party nationally and in Portsmouth and for my family."

A Lib Dem spokesman said: "Mike Hancock has chosen to resign the party whip while he defends himself against very serious allegations in a High Court civil action.

"Mike Hancock strenuously denies the allegations made in the civil case and intends to clear his name in court

http://news.sky.com/story/1098997/mike-hancock-sex-case-mp-quits-party-whip

April 9th, 2013

Leak Shows LibDems Dismissed “Political” Hancock Complaint

As Guido first revealed on Sunday, Nick Clegg’s denial that he knew of the allegations against self-confessed teen fondler Mike Hancock is wearing thin. A letter has been leaked from Gerald Vernon-Jackson, a Clegg confidant and member of the party’s all powerful Federal Executive. He is also Hancock’s boss on Portsmouth Council. Despite the seriousness of the claims piling up against Hancock, when he was explicitly told about Vernan Jackson refused to act on them and dismissed them entirely in a 2010 reply because:

Two years later they have finally launched an inquiry…

http://order-order.com/2013/04/09/leaked-letter-shows-libdems-dismissed-hancock-complaint-as-political/#comments

Were the Lib Dems trying to cover this up?

Back to top Go down

Re: Mike Hancock: Sex Case MP Quits Party Whip

Post by aiyoyo on Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:23 pm

Mike Hancock strenuously denies the allegations made in the civil case and intends to clear his name in court.

Another one who strenuously denies and vows to clear his name..........

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum