The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Another gagging order on ONE man, but everyone else in the world can speak.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Another gagging order on ONE man, but everyone else in the world can speak.

Post by PeterMac on 01.06.13 8:29

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2334123/Secret-court-jails-father-sending-son-21st-birthday-greeting-Facebook-gagged-naming-him.html
Secret court jails father for sending son 21st birthday greeting on Facebook after he was gagged from naming him
Garry Johnson breached gagging order stopping him publicly naming son
46-year-old brought up his son and still lives with him
Judge sent father to prison for contempt at a closed-doors family court
Case certain to fuel concerns about Britain’s network of secret courts
By SUE REID 31 May 2013

Father Garry Johnson has been jailed at a secret court hearing for sending a Facebook message to his grown-up son on his 21st birthday.
A father has been jailed at a secret court hearing for sending a Facebook message to his grown-up son on his 21st birthday.
Garry Johnson, 46, breached a draconian gagging order which stops him publicly naming his son, Sam, whom he has brought up and who still lives with him.
In a case which is certain to fuel concerns about Britain’s shadowy network of secret courts, a judge sent the former music executive to prison for contempt at a closed-doors family court hearing in Essex at the beginning of last month.
He was not arrested by police or even represented by a lawyer.
The order silencing Mr Johnson – which follows an acrimonious divorce eight years ago – means he cannot mention either of his boys, 21-year-old Sam and Adam, 18, in public, even by congratulating them in a local newspaper announcement when they get engaged, married or have children in the future.
The extraordinary gag is set to last until the end of his life, although his boys are now adults. Last night they condemned their father’s jailing as ‘cruel and ludicrous’.
A fascinating parallel, don't you agree.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Another gagging order on ONE man, but everyone else in the world can speak.

Post by lj on 01.06.13 8:35

Indeed.

Why the heck would anyone want such a gag?

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

lj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 01.06.13 8:57

It is totally bizarre.
One of the sons lives with him, but he is forbidden to speak his name in public . . . .
That son is 18, so it not a question of child protection.
And the gag goes on for the rest of his life.
Exactly like TB's
The extraordinary gag is set to last until the end of his life, although his boys are now adults. Last night they condemned their father’s jailing as ‘cruel and ludicrous’.
After their parents’ divorce, the two boys chose to live with their father, following a series of rows with their mother over her new boyfriend.
But within a year of the divorce, Mr Johnson’s ex-wife made allegations to Essex social workers that he was neglecting the children and not feeding them properly at his smart family home.
An investigation by social workers cleared him of any wrongdoing and said the boys were fine.
A year later, in 2006, she made further allegations to social workers that he was mentally unfit to care for the boys.
Medical documents shown to the Mail by Sam and Adam reveal that Mr Johnson was examined three times by a local psychiatrist hired by social workers. The doctor wrote to social workers saying:
‘There is no evidence of mental illness. I cannot understand why there are concerns about Mr Johnson’s mental health.’
Social services refused, as a result, to get involved.
In 2007, the ex-wife started private care proceedings to remove the boys from their father. A judge put the boys under a ‘living at home with parent’ care order.
It meant they would continue to live with their father, but under supervision by social services.
This care order was accompanied by the gagging order to stop an increasingly anguished Mr Johnson talking about the case publicly.
Even naming his sons in the most innocuous circumstances – such as on Facebook – became a contempt of court.
The care order on Sam expired on his 18th birthday three years ago. The one on Adam in October last year when he reached 18. Normally, a gagging order imposed by a family court judge on a parent expires at the same time as a care order on the child. This one did not.
And it is one of the sons who went to the Mail !

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 01.06.13 8:58

If the facts have been reported correctly (perish the thought that the Daily Mail may not have done so) this is indeed bizarre.

It reminds me a little of Sara Keays who was banned from talking about her daughter but at least that was only until the latter was 18.

Back to top Go down

Post by nomendelta on 01.06.13 9:14

What absolute lunacy.

It's clear that the mother waged some kind of vendetta - the father being checked out by psychicatrists 3 times and getting the all-clear resulted in Social Services refusing to get involved yet after further pushing by the mother they DID get involved and that resulted in the order.

In the Sara Keays case the daughter had nothing to do with her father - in this case the boys lived with their father and indeed one still does.

nomendelta

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayniia on 01.06.13 11:37

@nomendelta wrote:What absolute lunacy.

I'm completely speechless . "I find it kind of funny, I find it kind of sad... It's a mad world"

"My advice to any British tourist ,please come to Portugal,please come to the Algarve but if you're coming as a family holiday treat it as a family holiday and do things together, don't leave the kids"
Words from an ExPat Algarve resident

Ayniia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob on 01.06.13 11:39

Truly bizarre

ShuBob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sheila.edwards on 01.06.13 13:23

most have heard "law is an ass " I cant understand how some mccann things happen like the banning of books/threats to bloggers, MEDIA MONITORS etc, etc when mother herself in her book stated "get past my early certainty that madeline must have bben taken by a paedophile and murdered". Why then cant others theorise esp. police man investigating one would think his thoughts may have changed by nowanyway why cant that be allowed to do a book if he wants to .? so mccanns want to be only people to sell book on daughter or go on net allowed to blog ie gerrys blog and the madeline family fund.! it all seems waste of time and money (out of fund) to me and daft in this modern world ! they have 2 other children as well to think of, are they going to stop them using net they cant delete all their blogs etc pr stunts etc can they !

sheila.edwards

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 01.06.13 14:46

The father and son go out. They meet someone.
The son says "I'd like you to meet my father."
The father says "I've never met him before, I don't know who he is."

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Peneda Geres on 01.06.13 14:57

I wonder if this guy would have been jailed if he were wealthy or a mason? FACT, all judges and senior police officers are corrupt.

Peneda Geres

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nomendelta on 01.06.13 17:31

I get the impression the guy IS wealthy or certainly wealthier than I am! He's described as a "music executive" whatever that may be and also reference made to his "smart home".

nomendelta

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nomendelta on 01.06.13 17:33

For those of you with a more curious disposition this appears to be his facebook...

https://www.facebook.com/garry.johnson.5667

nomendelta

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum