The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Mirror front page  tomorrow 29/5/13 - I saw weirdo lurking near Maddy's flat - Page 3 Mm11

Mirror front page  tomorrow 29/5/13 - I saw weirdo lurking near Maddy's flat - Page 3 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Mirror front page  tomorrow 29/5/13 - I saw weirdo lurking near Maddy's flat - Page 3 Mm11

Mirror front page  tomorrow 29/5/13 - I saw weirdo lurking near Maddy's flat - Page 3 Regist10

Mirror front page tomorrow 29/5/13 - I saw weirdo lurking near Maddy's flat

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mirror front page  tomorrow 29/5/13 - I saw weirdo lurking near Maddy's flat - Page 3 Empty Re: Mirror front page tomorrow 29/5/13 - I saw weirdo lurking near Maddy's flat

Post by Ayniia 29.05.13 21:20

sharonl wrote:Thanks Ayniia

Here is a Google translation - maybe you could just improve on it.

Portuguese have seen new suspect in the Maddie case

A British newspaper spoke with a Portuguese who have seen a suspect wearing sunglasses by the house rented by the McCanns 24 hours before the disappearance of Maddie, in 2007.

The British newspaper 'The Mirror' spoke with Mario Marreiros Fernando Madeira, a Portuguese 47-year witness the process of the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, who claims to have seen a suspect ignored by the Portuguese authorities.

At the material time, Mario worked as a wardrobe in the village of Praia da Luz, Lagos, where the McCanns and their children vacationed in 2007. On the eve of the disappearance of Maddie, the Algarve claims he saw a strange man in sunglasses hiding along the stairs outside the room rented by the McCanns.

The 'Mirror', Mario says that he saw the suspect during collection of machine room. "Almost bump. Seemed embarrassed and nervous," the Portuguese said the newspaper, adding: "I had never seen. Know everyone who lived in the complex and it was not any of these people."

On the actions of the authorities and researchers, Mario says he was "uncomfortable" with the investigation of the Judicial Police (PJ). In his first statement to the PJ made public, contains no reference to the suspect with whom he crossed and is now depicted in the English newspaper. However, some months later, Mario did get this information to the PJ, having spent "hours with a detective to look for images and videos," reads the 'Mirror'. However, he could not identify anyone.

But the worker from Algarve, working only a month before the event, believes that the stranger is somehow related to the disappearance of Maddie, has been the raptor or just an accomplice who studied the schedules and behaviors of McCann.

Six years after the child's disappearance, Mario Marreiras now asks to be heard by Scotland Yard, the British authorities, who never asked any testimony or showed interest in this man.

Thanks sharonl, google translator was fine just made some very small corrections in bold ,
OT but "who allegedly will crusader" was too fuunny Mirror front page  tomorrow 29/5/13 - I saw weirdo lurking near Maddy's flat - Page 3 110921

"My advice to any British tourist ,please come to Portugal,please come to the Algarve but if you're coming as a family holiday treat it as a family holiday and do things together, don't leave the kids"
Words from an ExPat Algarve resident
Ayniia
Ayniia

Activity : 586

Back to top Go down

Mirror front page  tomorrow 29/5/13 - I saw weirdo lurking near Maddy's flat - Page 3 Empty Re: Mirror front page tomorrow 29/5/13 - I saw weirdo lurking near Maddy's flat

Post by Nina 29.05.13 21:44

Portia wrote:
sharonl wrote:
jd wrote:

Part of Mario’s role at the Ocean Club was to collect dirty sheets from apartment blocks and drive them to the laundry room beneath the Tapas bar where the McCanns were when Maddy disappeared.

He said: “I was at my last collection point near the girl’s flat. I was always rushing. I’d park the van any-where.

"It was 7.30pm to 8pm. When cleaners cleared sheets they dropped them down the hole in the stairs to be collected by me at the bottom.

“There was no reason for him to be there and no reason to wear the glasses as it was dark under the stairs.

“He did not walk away but watched what I did. I collected the sheets and took them to the van outside. He stayed there watching me.

?

I hate to say it but I hope that someone has checked out this Mario guy. If there was an abduction, what a perfect way to sneak a child out. Maybe the lurker will come forward and turn the tables on him. I wonder if he has been investigated yet.

I wonder if Russ O'Brien knew about the hole in the stairs where dirty sheets were dropped, we are missing a set aren't we?

Sharoni, spot on. This is the second time in a few days that the 'Scandinavian' look of someone has come up.

Do we have any pictures of anyone of the Tapasniks (male) with that type of sunglasses on at any time during the holidays?

Could the appearance of mr Sunglass at that particular time at that particular spot have been a dry run for the disposal of the linen (/) used to cover/dispose of the little child?

And someting else strikes as odd: this guy Mario has only been at the MW for a month -he says.
But still, he avowes to know everyone at the complex?

How could that be? Complex? All those far flung rent-a-tent appartments throughout the village? Which complex is he talking about?

Some of the greyscale photographs show DP with two children on his lap and he is wearing sun glasses. Cannot locate where I saw it, will have a root about for the link.

Activity : 3218

Back to top Go down

Post by Peneda Geres 29.05.13 21:49

Nina wrote:
Portia wrote:
sharonl wrote:
jd wrote:

Part of Mario’s role at the Ocean Club was to collect dirty sheets from apartment blocks and drive them to the laundry room beneath the Tapas bar where the McCanns were when Maddy disappeared.

He said: “I was at my last collection point near the girl’s flat. I was always rushing. I’d park the van any-where.

"It was 7.30pm to 8pm. When cleaners cleared sheets they dropped them down the hole in the stairs to be collected by me at the bottom.

“There was no reason for him to be there and no reason to wear the glasses as it was dark under the stairs.

“He did not walk away but watched what I did. I collected the sheets and took them to the van outside. He stayed there watching me.

?

I hate to say it but I hope that someone has checked out this Mario guy. If there was an abduction, what a perfect way to sneak a child out. Maybe the lurker will come forward and turn the tables on him. I wonder if he has been investigated yet.

I wonder if Russ O'Brien knew about the hole in the stairs where dirty sheets were dropped, we are missing a set aren't we?

Sharoni, spot on. This is the second time in a few days that the 'Scandinavian' look of someone has come up.

Do we have any pictures of anyone of the Tapasniks (male) with that type of sunglasses on at any time during the holidays?

Could the appearance of mr Sunglass at that particular time at that particular spot have been a dry run for the disposal of the linen (/) used to cover/dispose of the little child?

And someting else strikes as odd: this guy Mario has only been at the MW for a month -he says.

How could that be? Complex? All those far flung rent-a-tent appartments throughout the village? Which complex is he talking about?

Some of the greyscale photographs show DP with two children on his lap and he is wearing sun glasses. Cannot locate where I saw it, will have a root about for the link.

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/HOLIDAY-PHOTOS-LIST.htm

Only too glad to help.
Peneda Geres
Peneda Geres

Activity : 155

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobs 29.05.13 21:52

At the material time, Mario worked as a wardrobe in the village of Praia
da Luz, Lagos, where the McCanns and their children vacationed in 2007.

I gotta love when translations aren't exact or too exact, this gave me a whole new visual. Mirror front page  tomorrow 29/5/13 - I saw weirdo lurking near Maddy's flat - Page 3 181154
Hobs
Hobs
Researcher/Analyst

Activity : 1825

http://tania-cadogan.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayniia 29.05.13 22:00

Hobs wrote:At the material time, Mario worked as a wardrobe in the village of Praia

I gotta love when translations aren't exact or too exact, this gave me a whole new visual. Mirror front page  tomorrow 29/5/13 - I saw weirdo lurking near Maddy's flat - Page 3 181154

That one escaped me hobs, spot on, haha

"My advice to any British tourist ,please come to Portugal,please come to the Algarve but if you're coming as a family holiday treat it as a family holiday and do things together, don't leave the kids"
Ayniia
Ayniia

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina 29.05.13 22:12

Peneda Geres wrote:
Nina wrote:
Portia wrote:
sharonl wrote:
jd wrote:

?

Only too glad to help.

Thank you Peneda Geres, I had just found them laughat Trouble is they are not clear at all. I would imagine they would all have had their sun glasses with them just in case it was hot and sunny.

Activity : 3218

Back to top Go down

Post by Peneda Geres 29.05.13 22:14

Ayniia wrote:
Hobs wrote:At the material time, Mario worked as a wardrobe in the village of Praia

That one escaped me hobs, spot on, haha

How ironic, dare I translate Springer spaniel? Will it translate to blue holdall?
Peneda Geres
Peneda Geres

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 29.05.13 23:03

Despite Campbell valueless message I cant help thinking something is afoot, 'cause they haven't spun like windmill for a while.
Why NOW?
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 29.05.13 23:08

What a pity that the very last photo on this link can't be seen clearly as it purports to show all the McCanns, except possibly Amelie. The person identified as Russell looks as if he has a bag on his head!

This appears to be the only family photo in PDL and it would be interesting to see if it's as dodgy as all the others.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 30.05.13 16:45

Mirror front page  tomorrow 29/5/13 - I saw weirdo lurking near Maddy's flat - Page 3 Glasse11

and had two-tone sunglasses on, they got lighter at the bottom and were big. I will never forget those glasses.
Blonde (Scandanavian) Glasses BIG. Seen in the vicinity. (on holiday) Putting dirty laundry down the hole in the stairs to be collected.
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayniia 30.05.13 17:04

jeanmonroe wrote:Mirror front page  tomorrow 29/5/13 - I saw weirdo lurking near Maddy's flat - Page 3 Glasse11

and had two-tone sunglasses on, they got lighter at the bottom and were big. I will never forget those glasses.
Blonde (Scandanavian) Glasses BIG. Seen in the vicinity. (on holiday) Putting dirty laundry down the hole in the stairs to be collected.

That smirk on the corner of her mouth makes the whole picture even better! big grin

Ayniia
Ayniia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30.05.13 18:19

Portia wrote:
sharonl wrote:
jd wrote:

?

Come to think about it: could -say- Mrs be (mis-)taken for a guy, in the dark?
Our Mario stresses: the dark.

Mrs did stress that she lacked a bosom (as otherwise she would have had many more followers/believers).
And some pictures of her appear to bear out the truth of her statement.

Now, dress Mrs in slacks, a T-shirt, maybe a windbreaker and put those glasses on her nose, pinning back her hair, and what have you got in the dark?

Mario would not have expected a woman out there at that time.
If it looked like a man, he would probably have put it down as a man. This psychological phenomenon has a name: Cognitive Dissonance: you only 'see' what you expect to see. Your brain ignores any signs that your sighting could not possibly have been what you supposed it to be.

Do we know (I think not) Mrs's whereabouts at the purported time of the purported sighting by Mario?

And: could any other lady of the Tapas holiday group successfully pose as a man in the dark?

Do we have ANY information how they REALLY spent their evenings?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 31.05.13 6:37

More pertinently how did the Mario chappie know the "suspicious" loitterer was 'scandinavian"?
Did he have an exchange of convo with this character?

Generally, Scandinavians are slim and lanky , well over 6 ft.

It's just TOSH!

Another PINK!
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayniia 31.05.13 22:34

aiyoyo wrote:More pertinently how did the Mario chappie know the "suspicious" loitterer was 'scandinavian"?

It's just TOSH!

Another PINK!

My colleague from work (who's always listening to me talking about the case) said Amaral was with Hernani Carvalho on tv commenting this "piece of news" (can't find video online) and that they said: i'ts interesting that questioned back in the days Mario said he saw nothing weird. NOW he says he saw someone. It's interesting that previous suspects were dark haired and now there's a blonde chap. Wonder why such a different person now?

Ayniia
Ayniia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 31.05.13 22:41

Thank you, Ayniia
It would be interesting to know , indeed, why the statement has been changed ...
IF, press reports are anything to go by, of course
Mirror front page  tomorrow 29/5/13 - I saw weirdo lurking near Maddy's flat - Page 3 847771
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer 31.05.13 23:14

Interesting the GA has been on TV. We don`t hear much about him these days, nor from Joana Morais.
Woofer
Woofer

Activity : 3508

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayniia 31.05.13 23:28

Woofer wrote:Interesting the GA has been on TV. We don`t hear much about him these days, nor from Joana Morais.

He's on tv often commenting about criminal cases mainly in the same morning show that has a "special crime section". But I have no tv (proudly) and my internet is not cooperating with the page from the show where I think the videos are posted, I'll try again tomorrow,it's not loading) . Hernâni, the other guy is really funny and once about the pictures of Gerry in the seaside rocks with (I think ROB) he said: what are they doing? not looking for crabs... Mirror front page  tomorrow 29/5/13 - I saw weirdo lurking near Maddy's flat - Page 3 110921

Ayniia
Ayniia

Back to top Go down

Post by Peneda Geres 01.06.13 15:13

Ayniia wrote:
aiyoyo wrote:More pertinently how did the Mario chappie know the "suspicious" loitterer was 'scandinavian"?

It's just TOSH!

Another PINK!

My colleague from work (who's always listening to me talking about the case) said Amaral was with Hernani Carvalho on tv commenting this "piece of news" (can't find video online) and that they said: i'ts interesting that questioned back in the days Mario said he saw nothing weird. NOW he says he saw someone. It's interesting that previous suspects were dark haired and now there's a blonde chap. Wonder why such a different person now?

First we had "swarthy faceless" amongst others, now we have "Scandinavian with big sun glasses"...what next, Jacky Chan or Bruce Lee or rasta man smoking weed on da stairwell.
Peneda Geres
Peneda Geres

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayniia 01.06.13 15:19

Peneda Geres wrote:

First we had "swarthy faceless" amongst others, now we have "Scandinavian with big sun glasses"...what next, Jacky Chan or Bruce Lee or rasta man smoking weed on da stairwell.

There was talk of a rasta man too in the days... I was going to say someone with tattoos but unfortunately they're easily identifiable... so maybe the usual,ugly,suspicious, tall,tiny,skinny,fat,pimples,no pimples,dressed in white ot black or pink or peach or beige or purple sort of thing Mirror front page  tomorrow 29/5/13 - I saw weirdo lurking near Maddy's flat - Page 3 3139096799

Ayniia
Ayniia

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 01.06.13 15:21

He still only has 1 minute and 20 seconds, whatever the colour of his hair, to
Get in silently
Sedate three children, silently
Select one
Pick her up
Turn her round
Exit

before marching triumphantly in front of the child's own father.

(Given that there are no know anaesthetics which could do this, the colour of his hair, or his sunglasses, or the state of his acne is probably not all that relevant.)
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16577

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Peneda Geres 01.06.13 15:23

Ayniia wrote:
Peneda Geres wrote:

There was talk of a rasta man too in the days... I was going to say someone with tattoos but unfortunately they're easily identifiable... so maybe the usual,ugly,suspicious, tall,tiny,skinny,fat,pimples,no pimples,dressed in white ot black or pink or peach or beige or purple sort of thing Mirror front page  tomorrow 29/5/13 - I saw weirdo lurking near Maddy's flat - Page 3 3139096799

Martians next, due to the latest discoveries.
Peneda Geres
Peneda Geres

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 01.06.13 15:24

It's a pity that the Daily Sport isn't still with us - you can just imagine the headlines about suspects in the case being found on the moon.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Peneda Geres 01.06.13 15:33

PeterMac wrote:He still only has 1 minute and 20 seconds, whatever the colour of his hair, to
Get in silently
Sedate three children, silently
Select one
Pick her up
Turn her round
Exit

before marching triumphantly in front of the child's own father.

(Given that there are no know anaesthetics which could do this, the colour of his hair, or his sunglasses, or the state of his acne is probably not all that relevant.)

Love the "turn her round" Peter, but didn't you know, left handers are extremely unreliable...oh sorry I'm getting mixed up with dogs.
Peneda Geres
Peneda Geres

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 01.06.13 15:56

He wouldn't have had to turn her around, if she'd been sleeping in the untidy bed under the window. But her parents say, she was in the other "cover neatly folded back" bed, so that must be true. But 1'20" is still too short time, ain't it?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Peneda Geres 01.06.13 16:01

Châtelaine wrote:He wouldn't have had to turn her around, if she'd been sleeping in the untidy bed under the window. But her parents say, she was in the other "cover neatly folded back" bed, so that must be true. But 1'20" is still too short time, ain't it?

HE? Well that's a start, we can now outrule half the worlds population.
Peneda Geres
Peneda Geres

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top